Steggy's CAGCAA - NCAA 11 Online Dynasty #2 **Week 9**

Sounds good, welcome back justncredible.

Man I can't wait till next week. I need to makeup ground for my piss poor performance against mich state.

i hear ya... last week was boring for me because of this. Thats what I get for having to find teams for others that were ranked teams and free early as well as late in the season.

My Brother-in-Law would like to apologize to the guy he stood up last night (Oklahoma). He went to happy hour at a bar after work and didn't quite make it home for an extended period of time....

Hahaha, been there before! Its Labor weekend, all is good. He's been active b4 so don't worry about it. Was really hoping to get the week rolling, but may have to push this out to Sunday now. I think Franky Sox and your bro-in laws game is the last two.

Yeah...Cowboyj lol. It's all good. Uhh hopefully I can contact him today and get the game in either today or tomorrow.

[quote name='Steggy']any1 playing there game?[/QUOTE]

The one over here or there?

Frankysox says he can play tomorrow and he's sorry it's taken so long.... If he's holding anyone up go ahead and move it forward

frankysox, your "hes a douche" makes more sense to me now..................... srsly fuck you!!!! I kid dude.... can you pm me once your game is done? Then I will do my "Magic" and advance. For real, tryna be funny and no funnies were there.

I may have moved the week forward Franky... I also may have passed out in the middle of my game... shaq-fu!

Just realized the cpu gave you a loss. Let me hop on their once my friends are off the 360 playing nazi zombies and I will toss the game out so you get the win. Sorry about that.

Steggy I'm going to be retiring from this dynasty. You did a great job running it and did what you have to do at the deadlines. It's really unfortunate that up to half of the players still hadn't played their games when the week was being moved forward, it's really hard to be motivated to play your games when nobody else is.

I was also a little upset with my last game with Notre Dame, thinking I'd get my game in the day before the deadline only to see they were now controlled by a user. Having to post in here to find out what the dude's gamertag was, and having no update about new users in the league seemed a little off. No bad intentions towards Fro, he provided a great challenge for me and is a very worthy opponent for this league. I was also not a fan of the restarts that were occurring during multiple weeks of the dynasty.

If you choose to start another one with about 4-5 committed players in it, I'd be happy to do that. As of now I'm not too interested in continuing the high turnover rate that has been going on. Also not sure why every participant doesn't have a CAG account.

Steggy, nothing against you, you've done a great job running this, these things are tough when people sign up to play and just disappear. Good luck to you in this dynasty and if you start a smaller one you should send me a PM. I had extremely high hopes for a league set up with the format you used (as I'm sure you know), but other participants have really turned me off from this certain dynasty.

Franky, find me 2-3 others that would do a game every other day... and i will fire it up now.

As lame as it sounds... I really want to create a dynasty where people either paypal or purchase live point cards and have that be their 'entry fee' into a competetive league with Winner take all with second place just getting their money back.

Not sure if that is against terms of the site... i dont see how it would be as prize pools are generated come march madness.

If this were to actually happen I feel it would eliminate the turnover factor... Than again, I know Id be 100% commited to a prize league; others... not a clue

[quote name='Steggy']Franky, find me 2-3 others that would do a game every other day... and i will fire it up now.

As lame as it sounds... I really want to create a dynasty where people either paypal or purchase live point cards and have that be their 'entry fee' into a competetive league with Winner take all with second place just getting their money back.

Not sure if that is against terms of the site... i dont see how it would be as prize pools are generated come march madness.

If this were to actually happen I feel it would eliminate the turnover factor... Than again, I know Id be 100% commited to a prize league; others... not a clue[/QUOTE]

I'd totally be down. I'd rather start they season from the beginning anyways. Plus I could pick a new team. That makes three of us that would do it. Not really a fan of the idea of the whole prize thing however.

There isn't a reason we can't cut this current league back to the active guys....and bring Franky back in...

I don't know about the whole prize thing. How would whoever is in control of the codes or prize package be held accountable for not restarting, or doing other cheesy things. I'm sure I could find a small group of people to play, probably just not for prizes.

I also don't want to call you out, but the posts about being down in second quarter by 14 points then seeing that you had a few restarts doesn't exactly make me want to jump in another league in which you are the commish and aren't holding yourself responsible. Did you have issues? Probably but you have to understand that it still looks fishy, especially when you come back and delete your posts.

I'd still be willing to work out something were another league was started with PROVEN active players, and a NO restart policy, no questions asked.

I preface with alcoholism runs in my family... wont get much into details, what normally happens is I try playing a game at night and pass out with controller in hand. I know it shouldn't happen, but really didnt wanna air my dirty laundry out there so thats why I deleted most posts. I need a temporary password lock on all electronics after 6pm weekends, ha.

We could do a restart... but in that case I dont see how it fair to everyone else. I know im hella interested to see how things shake out for VaTech, as I am really trying to gun for that heisman ;)

But yea... put together a list of a few VERY active players and well make it work.

Need to be aware tho that I am starting my last semester tomorrow, so I will still try to remain as response. However, if a final comes up it would need to take slight priority.

Would we want to remain like we are now, or pick a certain conference?

I think depending on how many people we have in the league, assuming that it would be around 6 or 8 max, 2 to 4 conferences would be enough. If we had all 6 people in one conference not everyone would make a bowl game and it probably wouldn't be as enjoyable. If we had like 2 or 3 people to a conference it would probably be a lot more fun. Plus you could just make it so we played each other out of conference with the custom schedules.

Just throwing out an idea.

[quote name='Steggy']I preface with alcoholism runs in my family... wont get much into details, what normally happens is I try playing a game at night and pass out with controller in hand. I know it shouldn't happen, but really didnt wanna air my dirty laundry out there so thats why I deleted most posts. I need a temporary password lock on all electronics after 6pm weekends, ha.

We could do a restart... but in that case I dont see how it fair to everyone else. I know im hella interested to see how things shake out for VaTech, as I am really trying to gun for that heisman ;)

But yea... put together a list of a few VERY active players and well make it work.

Need to be aware tho that I am starting my last semester tomorrow, so I will still try to remain as response. However, if a final comes up it would need to take slight priority.

Would we want to remain like we are now, or pick a certain conference?[/QUOTE]

Yeah don't restart this on my account, please! I'm just not interested in this league right now and it's not fair for the league if I stay in half heartedly. I was basically just saying that if this league doesn't work out and you decide to start another, smaller one, I'd be interested.
I think the format is pretty good with what you got here and wouldn't want to change anything besides the amount of teams that are included.

So like I said above if this league doesn't work out, let me know down the road. I'll definitely be playing this until the new one comes out just like I did last year.

My brother in law and I have both been really active on the game (though he doesn't have a CAG account, he just isn't thrifty enough!). We'd both be down to finish out this season, at least, or maybe start a new one, but if the whole thing dissolves, we can find something else. I too agree that seeing the restarts by Steggy has been a tad...suspicious, for lack of a better word.

As far as this week goes, I've been trying to contact the Alabama guy, but to no avail...

I don't know for sure if he has or hasn't....I'm pretty sure he played the 1st two weeks, but hasn't since then.

Is what dead then? Can I move this league forward now, and continue... startup another with less people?

Poppin on now to Fast forward.

[quote name='Mizzou75']I'll be around for the year and if it continues to next year. Don't know if I'm interested in starting over though.[/QUOTE]

I'm also not interested in starting over.

Yea, I am not real sure why the issue of starting over has been brought up? Right now as it stands I see pureapathy, tesche, and keers sayign they would finish this out... would that mean a second year as well?

I mean, ive kicked most of the people that didnt participate. So we should be solid this week forward, if not next week.

I asked cause we'd been on hold for so long...and discussion had died down here. My brother in law, CowboyJ04, is also down for continuing this dynasty.

Also, you kicked grego out...then ran the league forward...and i got my ass handed to me by Bama...ah well...

ah shit, i just assumed you had your game in and wanted me to move forward... I didnt realize he even had a live opponent :( Im totally sorry man.

[quote name='Steggy']Yea, I am not real sure why the issue of starting over has been brought up? Right now as it stands I see pureapathy, tesche, and keers sayign they would finish this out... would that mean a second year as well?

I mean, ive kicked most of the people that didnt participate. So we should be solid this week forward, if not next week.[/QUOTE]

Right now I'm planning to leave once this season is finished.

Yeah, unless this thing gels a little more, it looks like it is on it's way out at season's end...

On a game related note: It was probably a bad idea to try and play my game against UK last night at 3AM with a restless baby on my chest....somehow that resulted in my guys having 10 dropped passes as well... :(

I see there are quite a few people that didnt get a game in... it was originally agreed to move forward every Wednesday and Saturday after midnight. Does this no longer work, let me know how to proceed ASAP

Hey if you guys are having trouble with your dynasty's activity would you be interested in a merge? I have one going with some CAGs and others, but we will likely have some open spots for the next season. I'm also up for joining another dynasty if some players are needed.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Hey if you guys are having trouble with your dynasty's activity would you be interested in a merge? I have one going with some CAGs and others, but we will likely have some open spots for the next season. I'm also up for joining another dynasty if some players are needed.[/QUOTE]
This might be a good idea...

Off-Topic but this seemed like the most intelligent place to ask....

If I buy a used copy of this game can I play online right away, or do I need to buy a "EA Code" to have access?

Thanks!

[quote name='rywateska']Off-Topic but this seemed like the most intelligent place to ask....

If I buy a used copy of this game can I play online right away, or do I need to buy a "EA Code" to have access?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You will need to buy an EA Code.

[quote name='Tesche']This might be a good idea...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think 3 or 4 people completed their games now right? was supposed to move forward today... ill give it to tomorrow night tho

My brother in law dropped out of the league. He was frustrated with the pace and the general belief that the league wasn't going to go for more than one season...so he didn't see the point. I'm gonna stick this season out and see what happens....

Yea, I have been lax seeing the amount of peole that do not get games in on time.

Starting this Saturday it will change to the original Saturday and Wednesday moving times regardless of if games are completed unless someone contacts me...

really hopign this lasts for a season plus at least a few games in season two.... I wanna see how my recruiting did and bench my seniors and play freshman :)

were two weeks simmed? I did my recruiting online earlier and was going to play Texas Tech tonight but it looks like it was simmed. Thankfully I won, otherwise I'd be pissed.

bread's done
Back