Stootsi 120GB 360 99.99

I guess that's a decent deal since a regular one retails for $179.99. Not bad. MS is still ripping us off, though, since I picked up a 500gb external hard drive for my PC for around $75.

Man, I still don't have a 20gb...

ANYONE WHO BUYS THIS 120:

ILL BUY YOUR 20GB! ! !

That would bring the cost down even more....

I still thiink thats too much. Why is MS asking so much when hard drives are so cheap. For that much money we should be getting a 250 GB HD at the least

[quote name='eliter1']I still thiink thats too much. Why is MS asking so much when hard drives are so cheap. For that much money we should be getting a 250 GB HD at the least[/quote]

agreed. even though I got an elite lol

If it doesn't come with the transfer cable and transfer SW, then you'll have an issue or two moving items from the old drive to the new one.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it doesn't come with the transfer cable and transfer SW, then you'll have an issue or two moving items from the old drive to the new one.[/QUOTE]

You can still send a request into Microsoft and get it for free, right? Even though it's open box I'm hoping they'd still honor it.

Nice deal though...damn tempted to pull the trigger since the paltry 14 gigs of free space goes quick when you have a few demos on there. How much do 120gig drives sell back for at Gamestop?

For anyone not wanting to bite due to it being open box, Stootsi has a 14-day no-questions-asked refund guarentee if you get the thing and it doesn't work - they'll even pay return shipping.

And I've been ordering from them for about a year now, so they are plenty legit. You don't have any need to worry with the company.

[quote name='spideymike']I guess that's a decent deal since a regular one retails for $179.99. Not bad. MS is still ripping us off, though, since I picked up a 500gb external hard drive for my PC for around $75.[/quote]

They are ripping us off, but that 500GB HD is a 3.5" one. The 360 uses 2.5" laptop hard drives, which do cost more per gigabyte.

Personally I hate that they claim we get a 20gm hd, but even with nothing on it, it uses up 6gb or so up from the getgo. It's not a bad deal, but I'm going to save my money until I absolutely need a second hd.

Whoa! Misleading thread title. I thought it was an Xbox360 with a 120GB.
For a hundred bucks, that would be awesome! \:D/

// Roth

[quote name='Edge']You can still send a request into Microsoft and get it for free, right? Even though it's open box I'm hoping they'd still honor it.

Nice deal though...damn tempted to pull the trigger since the paltry 14 gigs of free space goes quick when you have a few demos on there. How much do 120gig drives sell back for at Gamestop?[/quote]

Just for reference, you CANNOT just call microsoft and get a free one..

In order to do this you need to have bought an Xbox 360 ELITE and have the serial number on the elite console and the old console and send the paper in .. or get one at the store regular price with the cable.

[quote name='Edge']You can still send a request into Microsoft and get it for free, right? Even though it's open box I'm hoping they'd still honor it.

Nice deal though...damn tempted to pull the trigger since the paltry 14 gigs of free space goes quick when you have a few demos on there. How much do 120gig drives sell back for at Gamestop?[/quote]
[quote name='poker360']Just for reference, you CANNOT just call microsoft and get a free one..

In order to do this you need to have bought an Xbox 360 ELITE and have the serial number on the elite console and the old console and send the paper in .. or get one at the store regular price with the cable.[/quote]

Poker360 beat me to it. If you get an Elite, you can request the cable + SW, if you buy the 120GB HD at retail, it's packaged with it when not an open box.

This is a rare situation in which Sony actually looks generous. MS really dropped the ball using this proprietary crap and charging us through the nose for it. For reference, at the 120GB's MSRP, you can easily get a 320GB 2.5" drive from Newegg.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This is a rare situation in which Sony actually looks generous. MS really dropped the ball using this proprietary crap and charging us through the nose for it. For reference, at the 120GB's MSRP, you can easily get a 320GB 2.5" drive from Newegg.[/quote]And the sad part is that the drives inside of the 360's HDD enclosure are nothing more than standard 2.5" SATA drives. Just with a proprietary encryption scheme, filesystem or the like.

i've got one when I upgraded to an elite and never used it b/c all my saved data was on my 20g and i never needed the extra space. I'll sell it for 100 if anyone's interested

bread's done
Back