STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh.... i rather buy a med drink or med fries and get a free big mac. it cost no more than 4 bones. a bag of crap on woot would rape this deal any day.

[quote name='Link927']So either I'll get Bad Day LA...or GHIII

Im still considering, Im really wondering if people are actually buying the rock...[/quote]

After examining it more throughly, the "random PC game" will likely be taken from the $0.01 ebay stock. There are some interesting titles in there, but it may be cheaper to simply buy through ebay.

The gamer's box, on the other hand, is specifically console-oriented, which means I have no idea what's in it.

I bought 20 pc games and a gamer box, mostly because I just sold some stuff on Ebay and have some extra cash.

i doubt you will get a game in the GAMER BOX

If I didn't work here this is definitely the box I would buy. For 10 bucks you're gonna get gamer stuff. Maybe you'll get one item, maybe you'll get 10, I'm not really sure. All I know is how expensive everything is at Best Buy and I don't think they sell any gamer accessory for less than 10 bucks, period.

so it seems it will just be a ACCESSORY

not worth the risk for 10 bucks

probally be gameboy link cables or some other junk...

I am in for one too, lets post to tell each other what we got

[quote name='Robman62']http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now[/quote]

I got myself 50 pc games, they are all probably going to be from between 1994 and 2001, that's my prediction. I just hope there is some weird shit in there like 5 cd fmv adventure games.

I'm interested in this deal. I pick up a Big Lots game from time to time, or a clearance Target PC game, heck I picked up 5 games from Dollar Tree (and I was happy to get CIV II and Dungeon siege for a buck each). So, it seems like this should be a good deal.... here's my only real question:

Does anyone stand a chance of getting any games other than these? https://www.stootsi.com/store/item.aspx?item=31767540

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like you'd stand a chance of getting almost all of those for only 12.50, which is the cost of 2 or three of those game games at Big Lots. It's hard to say it isn't worth it, my curiosity is what people who order more might get? Even crappier games or perhaps some nicer ones we haven't heard of? Or just the same games over again? It seems like that list is also pretty much what people who got Stootsi PC games before got as well as what's on their Ebay store...

I got the Gamers Box and the Platinum Box. I was thinking of getting a bunch of PC games, but then I figured that since I got Alias last time (shudder), I'd rather not press my luck this time in the PC area.

At least I'm still taking a chance, unlike other people. (If you don't have the money to spare, I don't mean you. If you do, then why not take a fun chance?)

I'm expecting 18 of the PC games to be useless to me but 2 of them to be worthwhile for $10 total. I did end up picking up the Gamer Box as well.

If this ends badly, I would just know never to buy from them again =p

I am tempted to order around 20 PC games. There has to be at least a few worth playing for $10. I am still undecided on the gamer box. I don't have a Wii or GBA, so if the items are for that, I just wasted $10.

I heard about the popularity of these "mystery Boxes" off of sites on NPR about 2 months ago.

The two owners said that you always get something that is just below value, at value, or above value. They said 90% of the time it will be slightly above value.

[quote name='gareman']I heard about the popularity of these "mystery Boxes" off of sites on NPR about 2 months ago.

The two owners said that you always get something that is just below value, at value, or above value. They said 90% of the time it will be slightly above value.[/quote]

if you look at stootsi's past mystery boxes they usually dont disappoint, if you look at the stootsi store, the gaming stuff is all 10 + and they usually give you one great thing(wifi adaptor) or several cheaper things, or sometimes both....thats the fun of the mystery

[quote name='Robman62']if you look at stootsi's past mystery boxes they usually dont disappoint, if you look at the stootsi store, the gaming stuff is all 10 + and they usually give you one great thing(wifi adaptor) or several cheaper things, or sometimes both....thats the fun of the mystery[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's why I love it when they do this, it's fun to do something random once in a while.

I got Civ 2 when they had the $2.01 PC game deal...may seem worth it to order $5 worth but will you actually play/be able to sell them?

I ordered a Platinum Box, (Sadness guarantee was too much for me to resist) and then got home to a nice rent increase notice. It's like I was immediately punished for wasting money. ;)

I've gotten some cool stuff off Stootsi, but never ordered their mystery boxes before. I'm a little concerned about the timing as I'll be away for a few days at the end of August and while things are shipped to my parents' house, I don't want to have to call them on my vacation, try to have them tell me what I got, decide if I'm "sad", return it, etc... I really hope Stootsi ships early/fast and UPS doesn't manage to delay it..!

thought what the #$#$#

got the gamers box but i think this will be the last time i did it. I think i got a box off them before and it was pure junk cause when i went to enter a screen name they said it was taken an d i think that was my old account....

[quote name='Justin42']I ordered a Platinum Box, (Sadness guarantee was too much for me to resist) and then got home to a nice rent increase notice. It's like I was immediately punished for wasting money. ;)

I've gotten some cool stuff off Stootsi, but never ordered their mystery boxes before. I'm a little concerned about the timing as I'll be away for a few days at the end of August and while things are shipped to my parents' house, I don't want to have to call them on my vacation, try to have them tell me what I got, decide if I'm "sad", return it, etc... I really hope Stootsi ships early/fast and UPS doesn't manage to delay it..![/QUOTE]

what sucks is you have to pay for shipping back. what if they ship you something that will cost 10 to 15 bucks to return it... Not worth risking at least 10 bucks

Ok I Tell You What....any Of You That Sends Me $10 Will Get Something Back, It'll Be Game Related, That's All I Can Say, It's A Mystery Box And Who Knows What Will Be In It!!!!!!

[quote name='Capitalizt']got 240 PC games for $65 shipped, lol[/quote]

I was wondering if anyone was going to do that.

Seems like a good investment...

I mean throw up 200 of em' up on ebay for "buy it now" 2 bucks and 3 bucks shipping, and that's 1,000 bucks and then about 2.20 shipping on each. Walk away with about 500 bucks.

It probably wouldn't end up that way, but you could potentially.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']what sucks is you have to pay for shipping back. what if they ship you something that will cost 10 to 15 bucks to return it... Not worth risking at least 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am concerned they'll send something big and heavy... definitely crossed my mind. But I've had good luck with them, and I am trying to have some faith they're not using this to screw people over.

[quote name='gareman']The one "random PC game" (.25 and 5$ shipping) is pretty tempting, but there are ALOT of bad PC games.[/quote]

That's why you buy a metric shit-ton of them, and you're bound to get a few good ones.

I wasn't going to touch this but screw it , I need some pc games anyway. Ordered 80, so I suspect i'm going to be making a big drop off to the thrift shop in a few weeks.

[quote name='Access_Denied']That's why you buy a metric shit-ton of them, and you're bound to get a few good ones.[/quote]

Yea I read about get as many as you want for 5 bucks shipping right after I posted that.
I would do it, if not for anything else, but to just get shipped a big box o' random games.

Re: duplicate copies of the PC games:

They say they have 1,000's of unique titles, so no matter how many you order you won't be getting dupes. Sounds interesting, but it would be a royal PIA to list them each on eBay BIN separately as mentioned in a post above.

Anyone contemplate that for the games they send out a compilation DVD with a bunch of games on one disk?

[quote name='mf44']Anyone contemplate that for the games they send out a compilation DVD with a bunch of games on one disk?[/QUOTE]

Did you get that off the comments page ;)

Well, its random, so its possible, but I'm expecting some sort of Big Lots type game. I think I'll place an order once I get some more pp funds.

[quote name='Link927']Did you get that off the comments page ;)

Well, its random, so its possible, but I'm expecting some sort of Big Lots type game. I think I'll place an order once I get some more pp funds.[/quote]

HA! I didn't even see that. Great minds think alike, I suppose.

i believe there are only 30 pc games up for selection and they have thousands of copies of those games. They didn't say 1000 different games, just 1000 copies of games. So, if you think you're gonna get all these different games, don't be surprised if you end up with multiple copies of the same 30 they've been selling on their site and through ebay for awhile now.

[quote name='G-Nitro']i believe there are only 30 pc games up for selection and they have thousands of copies of those games. They didn't say 1000 different games, just 1000 copies of games. So, if you think you're gonna get all these different games, don't be surprised if you end up with multiple copies of the same 30 they've been selling on their site and through ebay for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, does nobody remember that list I posted in the last thread? I was reading the description again, and they mention Civ II, Tomb Raider, and Rollercoaster Tycoon, the same titles in the list.

MS Links 2000 (PC)
Deer Hunter 2003 (PC)
Alias (PC)
Trophy Hunter (PC)
Deus EX (PC)
Deathtrap Dungeon (PC)
DAIKATANA (PC)
Tomb Raider Chronicles (PC)
US Racer (PC)
Talking on the Web (PC)
Timeline (PC)
Sydney 2000 (PC)
Dragon Naturally Speaking Essentials 4 (PC)
Taz: Wanted (PC)
Civilization II (PC)
MS Starlancer (PC)
Pearl Harbor: Defend the Fleet (PC)
Hero X (PC)
Rollercoaster Tycoon: Loopy Landscapes (PC)
Deadly Dozen (PC)
Magic The Gathering: Battleground (PC)
Terminator 3: War of the Machines (PC)
Bad Day LA (PC)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt Breakthrough Expansion Pack (MAC)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Spearhead Expansion Pack (MAC)
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer (MAC)
Spy Hunter (MAC)
True Crime: Streets of LA (MAC)

Im contemplating the gamers box only because they list consoles.

[quote name='G-Nitro']i believe there are only 30 pc games up for selection and they have thousands of copies of those games. They didn't say 1000 different games, just 1000 copies of games. So, if you think you're gonna get all these different games, don't be surprised if you end up with multiple copies of the same 30 they've been selling on their site and through ebay for awhile now.[/quote]
I dont think you can read >>_
"I mean we literally have thousands of different games here"

[quote name='da2730da']I dont think you can read >>_
"I mean we literally have thousands of different games here"[/quote]

I can read, but I also know that they don't have a thousand different unique titles. just a thousand copies of different games. You can go for it and see what you get. But as someone who has bought the 30 pack from them AND bought one offs (all turned out to be the same games as the 30 pack), I won't bite again. I don't need anymore duplicates.

Got one, I am hoping that is not something for the PS2, I'll be damn if I get the only thing that I dont have.

I'm in for the Gamer box and 25 PC titles. The worst thing that can happen is that they all suck and I can give them to my brother to sell at the flea market for a few bucks a pop.

Where do you find the Gamer Box? The link in the OP just gives me the silver box (earlier it was giving me the mystery PC Game).

Dude I just went all out and got me the platinum box (3 days sadness guarantee) plus the gamer box. I'll inform you all with what I get.

bread's done
Back