STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='likenew']Just got my gamer box, and it had a best buy inspected xbox 360 nyko intercooler.

Now I have to buy an xbox 360. Geeezzzzzzz![/QUOTE]

Or not since they were notorious for causing shorts and generally not doing anything to help. Cag trading thread for this is starting to sound like a good idea, i'm sure someone out there can use some of this stuff.

[quote name='coolsteel']Or not since they were notorious for causing shorts and generally not doing anything to help. Cag trading thread for this is starting to sound like a good idea, i'm sure someone out there can use some of this stuff.[/QUOTE]

That is something that would definitely be needed.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Man, this thread has been so much fun to read. I mean, it really does suck for some people but what did you expect? You'd all pay $5 and get $40 items? Pay $50 and get a 360?

Buying into this means some people score, some people get shit. It's like a raffle or any other gamble.

Fun stuff though. Congrats to the peeps who scored nice cables, intercoolers, faceplates etc.

Many condolences to those with open box s-video and component cables.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. The Woot BOC hasn't been much better from time to time. There was some box from a housewares place about 2 years back...I forget where...now THAT was an awful BOC.

I got my gamer box today. Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 - opened and has a BB inspected plastic on it as usual. Haven't tested it yet.

Cool gadget. I'm not sure I can get a lot of use out of it right now, since if I cover my ears I won't be able to hear the baby monitor (11mo old baby I have to feed once or twice during my gametime at night).

1163646428.jpg

I could have used a USB headset, a bluetooth headset (I lost my Warhawk one)... I could use either for working from home via VPN, or a wired Xbox controller, so there's a few of the items here I would have taken.

The X1 might work out well though...I might just have to put the baby monitor right next to me so I can hear it.

Mostly just BB open box gaming items. It would have been nice if someone got an open box game, but it seems like its all just cables and such.

[quote name='Robman62']Just got my gamerbox, huge box for the 4lbs and must say im pretty happy.....:lol:

I Got an openbox ps3 intercooler...pretty sweet:applause:

And a brand new halo 3 faceplate and console skin:applause:

I am really going to use both of these so way to go STOOTSI!!!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Intercoolers are evil. For the sake of your PS3, which has probably never come close to overheating, DON'T USE IT!

[quote name='Sooku']I got a 360 component cable!

Anyone looking to buy a 360 component cable?[/QUOTE]

Me too! React brand, return from BB.

Also looking to sell mine :)

gamer box out for delivery.....surprisingly I'm still excited. Hope its ANYTHING for the 360 (excepth the composite cable). I can almost guarantee that anything other than a usable 360 product will go directly to GS for credit.

Wow, Best buy sure is proud of that cable....

In reality, HDMI is digital, so an inferior cable might actually perform just as well as the fluctuations that come with an analog signal are no more.

But perhaps i am wrong on that.

[quote name='Codemaster']I got this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+HDMI&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1177717628338

For the price it was I suppose it's a good deal, but there's always Monoprice...Also, I don't even have a PS3 to use it on so I don't even know if it works. :\[/QUOTE]
Well, you did get a 12 foot cable. Even by Monoprice's... er... prices, you paid an appropriate, if not cheaper price.
You don't have any other HDMI devices to test the cable on?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, you did get a 12 foot cable. Even by Monoprice's... er... prices, you paid an appropriate, if not cheaper price.
You don't have any other HDMI devices to test the cable on?[/quote]
I guess you are right. Looking at Monoprice's prices they sell for about $5 more. If it does work I guess it wasn't that bad of a deal. And no, I don't have any HDMI devices (other than a 360 which is 360 - HDMI anyway)

Rocky: You are right. Any HDMI cable that works will have the same quality as any other one that does.

Wow, I got a Nyko Power Kit for the 360. The one that comes with just the rechargable battery and 11 foot cord to charge. I was actually needing a new one too since my old battery can barely last an hour.

I got my Silver Box, I got a Kensington LiquidFM iPod FM transmitter and Bud-2 earbuds. I have a Zune, so the FM transmitter does me no good and the earbuds sound horrible. I will put the transmitter up on eBay, I will easily make my money back.

woo, I got a React wired PS2 controller. off to the dumpster you go!

wasn't this advertised to 'serious gamers'? I think the serious gamers were the ones that returned these crappy 3rd party controllers to best buy in the first place.

but like many of you, this is the last time Stootsi will get my money.

Got a Nyko Charge Station for 360. Should get my Silver box tomorrow, but my Bronze box and my 10 PC games are still stuck on billing info received, and I've heard nothing about my disapointing envelope.

I shipped back my platinum box today, I don't care about the loss in money, I would rather give UPS a portion of that then let stootsi have it.

However, when I got home tonight I found my gamerbox at home. I was already thinking the worse, surely I was getting PSP cables.

I got lucky, I opened it to find an open box blue wireless 360 controller. Although it is open box, the controller feels brand new, better than all the ones I have. Get this, I go to try the thing out, and it has energizer batteries inside that still work.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...trol&lp=18&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561247533

I now know that if I take a risk on these things in the future (although doubtful from stootsi). It will definitely not be over 10 bucks. That platinum box was just horrible and had me depressed about that money all day.

[quote name='MaXx']I shipped back my platinum box today, I don't care about the loss in money, I would rather give UPS a portion of that then let stootsi have it.

However, when I got home tonight I found my gamerbox at home. I was already thinking the worse, surely I was getting PSP cables.

I got lucky, I opened it to find an open box blue wireless 360 controller. Although it is open box, the controller feels brand new, better than all the ones I have. Get this, I go to try the thing out, and it has energizer batteries inside that still work.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...trol&lp=18&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561247533

I now know that if I take a risk on these things in the future (although doubtful from stootsi). It will definitely not be over 10 bucks. That platinum box was just horrible and had me depressed about that money all day.[/QUOTE]
You've just given everyone hope. I can't wait to see my box tomorrow, now.

Glad I could at least give you that.

I'm just going to tell myself that the UPS shipping paid for this controller because I still come out winning since they are a bit expensive.

[quote name='slidecage']still havent heard back from them about my busted item. I wonder if i should give them until next week or just dispute it now[/quote]

I don't think it matters. There aren't any returns anyway and they say what you get is what you get.

I doubt there were any games. They even kind of hinted that no accessories at a store will cost less then 10 bucks.

[quote name='Layziebones']I don't thunk it matters. There aren't any returns anyway and they say what you get is what you get.[/QUOTE]

so they can sell you broken stuff.... LOL

I got the game box. It was a "Gameshark" PS3 bluetooth headset. Used with best buy tape. The hinge on the ear piece is kinda worn but workable. Too bad I don't have a PS3. Do have a 360 though.

ok, I got the standard issue Platinum box, my gamer box was significantly better, Everthing was open box, and I have not tested any of this yet.

2 Sony PS2 Dualshock controllers.
Edit: ok 1 controller works fine, the other DOA

I am not sure if the following items are actually from 1 blister pack or not
1 pair of white sony psp earbuds with a wired remote controller for the psp
1 psp carrying case
2 UMD rubber covers.
1 32 MB Sony PSP Memory Stick Duo

Got my gamer box right now.

Mad Catz 360 Arcade controller in a raped box, missing the XBLA codes.
Pelican DS lite accessory kit in an aluminum briefcase with a broken handle and banged up a little on the exterior.
The charger is a cigarette light adapter to USB charger. AWESOME!

Still cool. :) I love it.

[quote name='blackdog60']ok, I got the standard issue Platinum box, my gamer box was significantly better, Everthing was open box, and I have not tested any of this yet.

2 Sony PS2 Dualshock controllers.

I am not sure if the following items are actually from 1 blister pack or not
1 pair of white sony psp earbuds with a wired remote controller for the psp
1 psp carrying case
2 UMD rubber covers.
1 32 MB Sony PSP Memory Stick Duo[/quote]

[quote name='M3wThr33']Got my gamer box right now.

Mad Catz 360 Arcade controller in a raped box, missing the XBLA codes.
Pelican DS lite accessory kit in an aluminum briefcase with a broken handle and banged up a little on the exterior.
The charger is a cigarette light adapter to USB charger. AWESOME!
[/quote]

[quote name='Layziebones']
2 PS3 Bluetooths in horrible boxes.[/quote]

This is much better than before. Maybe the person who was boxing up the very first gamer boxes wasn't getting paid enough :roll:

[quote name='InFlames215']This is much better than before. Maybe the person who was boxing up the very first gamer boxes wasn't getting paid enough :roll:[/QUOTE]

My guess is they weren't expecting so many orders of the game boxes either and quickly realized they needed to scale back, I mean sending out cables is completely a joke and should never be the only thing you get in a mystery box of this type. I'm curious what the next batch of pc games will end up being, my order of 80 still hasn't shipped yet.

Ok so I bought the Casio camera... didn't work. but I called up casio and its a battery issue and they are sending me a free replacement, so we will see how it goes. ALSO it didn't come with the USB cable making it useless so here is the important part....

I emailed stootsi and they emailed me back within a day saying the usb cable is on the way.

[quote name='uuaww']Ok so I bought the Casio camera... didn't work. but I called up casio and its a battery issue and they are sending me a free replacement, so we will see how it goes. ALSO it didn't come with the USB cable making it useless so here is the important part....

I emailed stootsi and they emailed me back within a day saying the usb cable is on the way.[/QUOTE]

They were holding on to it, hoping to put it in another platinum box.

bread's done
Back