STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
there were probably more recievers than mice because.......IT WAS DISAPPOINTING....thats the disappointing part.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']You looked so disappointed. But don't worry, you'll get a Golden Globe (too bad those don't count)[/quote] Yeah, I wish I wouldn't have read the forums before it came. It just took a bit longer than I expected, so I started looking around at what everyone else was experiencing.

I'm getting a gamer box too, and those seem more varied. Maybe I'll do a quick second video.

[quote name='Malik112099']wow....reading through this thread I have been happier with my 4 BOC's from woot than anyone here with these varied "boxes" from stootsi[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what'd you get?

[quote name='M3wThr33']Are you guys more disappointed with the lack of variety or the contents itself?[/quote]
Lack of variety for me personally. The contents were similar to what I expected, I just figured there would be some gems in the mix as well. A 360 or iPod nano or something. Not many, just a few 'golden tickets' to make it interesting. With everyone getting the same thing, after the second list was posted the mystery was gone.

Got my silver and gamer boxes, I got the FM tuner for an ipod in the silver, would love to trade it for a play and charge or whatever for xbox or wii controllers. also got a 360 system cooler in my gamer box if anyone wants that.

[quote name='zenintrude']for some reason, this clip seemed appropriate for this thread...

[youtube][/youtube]​

this has been posted out of love... LOVE, I TELL YOU! :)[/quote]

lmao!

[quote name='zenintrude']for some reason, this clip seemed appropriate for this thread...

[youtube][/youtube]​

this has been posted out of love... LOVE, I TELL YOU! :)[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahahaha! I love UHF! That movie is hilarious!

just unboxed my $5 gamerbox right now. Got a 3rd party XBOX 360 HD Component Cable, eh for the same price I bought an official 360 component cables for $9.98 a few months back at TRU. No more Stootsi mystery boxes for me!

Anyone actually have tracking on their PC games? My 60 still say billing but say they will be delivered tomorrow. Who knows, they might be.

Hey guys, I got my gamer box and my platinum box, I'm actually not too upset! I got some cool items. I mean in the platinum box only one item I will actually use (the JBL Reference headphones) but I got a TON of stuff all new, so I'll most likely ebay them all. For the gamer box I got two different Gameshark brand bluetooth headsets. I didn't know they even made two versions....but either way $5 for 2 bluetooth headsets is a good deal.

Edit : I forgot to list what was in my platinum box. So everything to my eye looks new.

1) JBL reference headphones
2) CD Speaker Case (not an actual case that holds speakers, but a case with a built in speaker)
3) Portable audio accessories kit (stuff like a car charger, cassette tape adapter, headphone splitter and so on)
4) Monster brand Monsterbass 400 subwoofer cable
5) Nike sport armband for ipod nano/shuffle
6) Wireless digital AV Receiver
7) Powerline USB Desktop adapter
8) APC SurgeArrest Game Manager
9) and of course the final item.....a bottle of "Just a Drop" bathroom odor Eliminator. Which the entire box now smells like that bottle scent.

[quote name='dtarasev']Anyone actually have tracking on their PC games? My 60 still say billing but say they will be delivered tomorrow. Who knows, they might be.[/QUOTE]

Means they haven't shipped, my status is still billing info received as well for 80 games

I got my Platinum Box a while back and got the same thing as everybody else. Ended up giving different items to people who may have a use for them.

My Gamer Box came in today and I ended up with the wireless React controllers. :whistle2:#

Probably not gonna order anymore mystery boxes from Stootsi. :lol:

Well, my cable didn't work, so I contacted them asking for a refund. Turns out, they actually gave it! It came along with this message:

As a one-time courtesy I refunded you for your order since you were unhappy. Needless to say, we won't be running any of these promotions any time soon as too many customers were either not happy or received items not compatible with their systems.

Thanks again,

Stootsi.com

So yeah, I don't think you guys have to be worried about this happening again. I actually feel pretty bad for 'em- I bet they lost a ton of money.

On one hand, I feel bad for them. On the other hand-- they should've seen this coming. They REALLY REALLY hyped this up. Calling the Platinum Box the best thing they ever sold, or ever will sell? And then it's just kinda random crap off the website? Packing up barely functional (it sounds like many things in the gamer boxes were obviously damaged before shipping) crap and shipping it to people?

It sounds like they had a great idea (an anniversary sale, like how Woot always sells Crap on their anniversary) and took it way too far-- they took too many orders, didn't have enough good stuff, and instead of coming clean they just shipped crap and hoped no one would notice... but it sounds like they were wrong.

I just wish they'd get with the program quickly, take the loss, and just refund anyone who contacted them. (or cover 1/2 the shipping back or something for the Platinum Box). The more I think about returning my Platinum Box, the more annoyed I get, but I am returning it because I don't have the space for it, don't know any suckers (Friends? ;) ) who would want most of the crap, and kind of the principle of the thing. I am taking a bit of a loss but at least I don't have this crap laying around the house.

What did you guys expect? This is the exact same stuff they'd always had on the site. Did you just see "Random ___" and go nuts, not taking into account the site's history?

my gamerbox came with a nyko powerkit for the 360.. the retail packaging looks hella busted up, but i'm assuming it works fine...

though i wouldnt know as i dont have a 360!!

[quote name='Sooku']Well, my cable didn't work, so I contacted them asking for a refund. Turns out, they actually gave it! It came along with this message:

So yeah, I don't think you guys have to be worried about this happening again. I actually feel pretty bad for 'em- I bet they lost a ton of money.[/QUOTE]

tons of the items were broken... maybe if they took the time to package the items right they wouldnt had the problems. Just tossing a smaller box into a bigger box with no protection is just asking for the delivery company to break the items.

Got a MS optical mouse (new in box) for my Bronze box. My 10 games should be here Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DualDisorder']Well my 200 games finally shipped. Let's see what happens now.[/QUOTE]

Shipped as in you got a tracking number or shipped as in it actually says something besides billing info received?

[quote name='coolsteel']Shipped as in you got a tracking number or shipped as in it actually says something besides billing info received?[/QUOTE]

lol seems everyone in this city got AV cables. Cousin asked at eb today if they take cables and they screamed

NO NO MORE CRAP FROM STOOTSI LOL

[quote name='slidecage']lol seems everyone in this city got AV cables. Cousin asked at eb today if they take cables and they screamed

NO NO MORE CRAP FROM STOOTSI LOL[/quote]:rofl:

I've just been reading this thread in horror...it's now officially a dark comedy.

I'm still glad that I'm one of the only people that was happy with their Stootsi package. I wouldn't be if I got some of these other items though.

Wow... after finally reading the last few pages of the thread, I can say 'yeah, none of this is surprising'.

Stootsi isn't a good site. One terrible customer service expierience was enough to make me swear them off for life. Just awful. Rude, unhelpful, and not even remotely humble or ashamed when I called them out on screwing me over.

For a site that knowingly sells broken things (or at least looks the other way), poor customer service is the last thing that surprises me.

I hope they lost money and business on this.

[quote name='coolsteel']Shipped as in you got a tracking number or shipped as in it actually says something besides billing info received?[/quote]

Oh, it's actually shipped. It left PA on the 26th, it's now in Chicago. Maybe It'll be delivered tomorrow. Should be Friday at the latest, at least I hope.

I am not surprised some of the things were broken. I highly doubt some of the items were in a working condition to begin with. The poor shipping may have damaged it, but most likely it was defective to begin with.

My last purchase was when their site was still new. I was the first person out of two only at the time, to write a negative on a review site.

I purchased a brand new item from them which was clearly used and beaten up. They shipped it using the retail box, not a shipping box. When I opened it, it was not new, but clearly used. It had nasty sticky substance all over it and the kicker was it was also defective.

Their customer support was very slow and my last email they refused to answer. I asked for a replacement, but they would only refund me. So I lost $10 to ship it back and also lost the $5 shipping as well for something they knew they did wrong.

I am glad some of you are unhappy and won't deal with them again. I hope they do lose tons of money caused by this.

I guess I got over excited about seeing it shipped that I didn't realize only 1 box of 4 had shipped. The other 3 still show billing info received.

Here's the contents of the first box.

1. Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales
  2. Arthur and the Invisibles
  3. Civilization II
  4. Deadly Dozen
  5. Deer Hunter: The 2005 Season
  6. Dungeons & Dragons Online
  7. Hero X
  8. Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
  9. Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds
  10. More Blast from the Past: TV Trivia Game Show
  11. Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark Expansion
  12. Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide Expansion
  13. Pat Sajak's Lucky Letters Deluxe
  14. Pearly Harbor: Defend the Fleet
  15. Roller Tycoon 2: Wacky Worlds Expansion Pack
  16. Roller Tycoon 2: Time Twister Expansion Pack
  17. Roller Tycoon 3: Soaked Expansion Pack
  18. Starlancer
  19. Taz: Wanted
  20. Terminator 3: War of the Machines

Just received this email from Stootsi. I guess I won't be getting the rest of my games. I really wanted them to, I barely have any PC games

*~edit*~ Was refunded money for the remaining 180 games.

Stootsi Folk-

As you are already aware, several of your orders for PC Games have not
shipped. While several orders have shipped out, and some orders have had
partial shipments leave our facility, many of your orders are still
waiting to be packaged.

Due to the customer response we have received (a mixed bag of
name-calling, threats, and anger...it's ok we understand), we have
decided that the best course of action is to issue refunds for orders
that have not been shipped yet. We are not comfortable holding our
customers funds for more than 2-3 business days before shipments, let
alone 2-3 weeks. We wholeheartedly apologize for this inconvenience. We
completely dropped the ball on this PC Game promotion and we understand
if your frustration leads you to no longer purchase items from our site.

As for how these refunds are being handled:

1. Customers will receive full refunds for pc games that have not
shipped. Several of your orders have shipped out in partial shipments.
You will receive refunds for shipments of games that have *not* shipped.
2. Regardless of whether your order shipped in full or did not shipped,
you will also receive a $5.00 coupon good until the end of the year. We
are issuing these coupons and making them good until the end of the year
because we understand that you might not want to purchase anything for
quite a long time - especially if this has been your first experience
with our site. Hopefully the bad taste will wear off by Christmas
season.
3. If you received a partial refund for your games order, basically that
means some of your games shipped.

If you are confused, or need help, or have questions, please simply
email us at [email protected].

We understand that this course of action might cause further anger
and/or angst, and we simply take blame & full responsibility for this
error and apologize profusely.

Lastly, for those of you wondering that actual inventory levels of games
in our warehouse - we have literally thousands upon thousands of PC game
titles here. We just can't package them fast enough in the style they
were sold. We are going to rethink how to best get these products in
your hands in the near future that will hopefully be much easier (and
actually possible) to process in a timely fashion.

With Egg In Our Face,

Stootsi.com

I got a partial refund which means something of my 80 games did ship, but tracking says billing info received. About to email them now asking what the hell is up.

It'd be nice if they offered a coupon to everyone involved in this cluster-fuck of a deal.. (who bought ANY of the boxes/deals)

I'm still a bit annoyed (being in CA) that it cost $20 to ship my platinum box back but honestly I had no use for any of the crap, and don't know anyone who would, and don't have time right now (work is insane) to bother trying to Ebay it...

Yayy, I got screwed by Stootsi.

I ordered 75 games, they refunded 15$ of my 23.75...

So, let's see. I paid 5 bucks shipping no matter how many games, right? Now I paid 5 bucks shipping and I'm getting 15 games?

Seriously, this is bullshit, if I end up with only 15 games I will be demanding a FULL refund not partial. I ordered on the 2nd and I paid for 75 games, if I get a refund it damn sure should be a full refund not a piece of shit coupon.

[quote name='Access_Denied']fuck this, I want my 200 PC games. THIS is the point when I can say I will never buy from Stootsi again.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you, I was more then willing to wait but just giving up on shipping the stuff out is crap to me

I am so fucking pissed off right now. Probably more disappointed than pissed which is even worse, because I was really looking forward to getting my games.

They leave people hanging for several weeks, promising multiple times that orders will be filled within a somewhat certain time frame, then cancel orders and SAY IN THE EMAIL THAT THEY ACTUALLY DO HAVE THE PRODUCT they're refusing to send out. And it's part of a sale that's supposed to be saying "thank you" to customers for the success of their site.

The part about them "not feeling comfortable holding onto funds for 2-3 days, let alone 2-3 weeks" is complete horse shit. If they were making money on these orders, they would LOVE to hold onto our funds and try to fill the orders. The bottom line is this: they realized this promotion was either going to make them lose money, or make them lose far more money than they originally thought AND that it was worth fucking over the customers they made repeated promises to in order to not take a hit.

To me, this is completely inexcusable. Something we the CAG community shouldn't let slide and that we should take action. I really, really hope the CAG staff realizes how wrong this is and blocks future stootsi deals from being advertised on its forums. The way they've handled this, made promises, stalled, and NOT delivered is truly insulting.

bread's done
Back