STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolsteel']I'm right there with you, I was more then willing to wait but just giving up on shipping the stuff out is crap to me[/QUOTE]

They aren't doing that though, they are giving up on paying the shipping costs. It is obvious really. I said all along that for large orders it had to cost more than they got to ship them out. As far as variety, I'm not sure about that either given the fact that people have only had a small variety of games (what, a pool of about 50 games?).

So, at some point they figured shipping was going to cost them too much. They decided to ship out the smaller orders first, 40 or less and tried to figure out what to do with the rest. Initially it looked like they were working on making the boxes lighter, so they didn't have to pay as much (which explains the adjusted weights). At some point they figured out that they could still make money (or not lose any) by partially filling orders. So, they get the 5 bucks shipping but they don't have to ship out really big orders. Magically they only manage to send out orders of 40 or less, they have time to do that, time to do partial refunds but they don't have time to pack more games or fill orders that were placed first.

I could be wrong, but it looks like they just sat on their hands until they decided the best way to fuck people who bought from them in good faith. I'm strongly considering a Paypal dispute. They could have given me a full refund or filled my order but no they wanted to make sure that they still made a few bucks, who cares if I end up on the short end?

Just got a reply to my email, they claim my tracking number should update tomorrow night, so i'm guessing they just sent 5 bucks worth of games my way.

I paid for all of my games with a coupon I won from one of their contests and none of my games were shipped. The coupon is supposed to be non-refundable, so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is refunded except for the shipping I paid for.

Stootsi Folk-

As you are already aware, several of your orders for PC Games have not
shipped. While several orders have shipped out, and some orders have had
partial shipments leave our facility, many of your orders are still
waiting to be packaged.

Due to the customer response we have received (a mixed bag of
name-calling, threats, and anger...it's ok we understand), we have
decided that the best course of action is to issue refunds for orders
that have not been shipped yet. We are not comfortable holding our
customers funds for more than 2-3 business days before shipments, let
alone 2-3 weeks. We wholeheartedly apologize for this inconvenience. We
completely dropped the ball on this PC Game promotion and we understand
if your frustration leads you to no longer purchase items from our site.

As for how these refunds are being handled:

1. Customers will receive full refunds for pc games that have not
shipped. Several of your orders have shipped out in partial shipments.
You will receive refunds for shipments of games that have *not* shipped.
2. Regardless of whether your order shipped in full or did not shipped,
you will also receive a $5.00 coupon good until the end of the year. We
are issuing these coupons and making them good until the end of the year
because we understand that you might not want to purchase anything for
quite a long time - especially if this has been your first experience
with our site. Hopefully the bad taste will wear off by Christmas
season.
3. If you received a partial refund for your games order, basically that
means some of your games shipped.

If you are confused, or need help, or have questions, please simply
email us at [email protected].

We understand that this course of action might cause further anger
and/or angst, and we simply take blame & full responsibility for this
error and apologize profusely.

Lastly, for those of you wondering that actual inventory levels of games
in our warehouse - we have literally thousands upon thousands of PC game
titles here. We just can't package them fast enough in the style they
were sold. We are going to rethink how to best get these products in
your hands in the near future that will hopefully be much easier (and
actually possible) to process in a timely fashion.

With Egg In Our Face,

Stootsi.com

[quote name=' Stootsi.com']
[/quote]

Given the relatively minor variation in the PC Game boxes that people got, am I to assume that they mean "thousands upon thousands [of the same PC game titles]" then?

I mean, I've just been viewing this from the sidelines, but damn... I have no idea how they thought that broken products and borked game orders would keep customers happy.

See, that's the thing... I'm not really sure Stootsi *is* concerned with keeping the customer happy. ;)

So, what does everyone think is the best way of dealing with this? I'm particularly unhappy because it seems Stootsi tried to find a way to take as much of my money as they could without filling the order.

Should I email Stootsi demanding a full refund? Or should I wait and see what happens and open a Paypal dispute if they only send me 15?

The sad thing is I'm still holding out some blind hope of getting my games or of Stootsi trying to do right by me. If they did right I'd get around 30 games, if they did what I think they are doing I'm getting 15 games, or 20% of my order yet I'm paying 37% of my order, roughly getting half of what I've paid for .

heya, I got my 50 games today, got several versions of backyard games, and deer hunter, some mac games, one or two look like they are for os9, some expansions I can't really use. I'm a little annoyed about the whole mac thing.

I got Temple of Elemental Evil, Deus Ex and an Agatha Christie game (don't judge), so I'm fairly happy. The Agatha Christie game and Michale Crichton game came with books too which is kinda silly.

Oh and one "game" is actually just some documentary about maybe post 911, I can't really tell what its about and I'm not interested in watching it.

[quote name='KrAzY3']So, what does everyone think is the best way of dealing with this? I'm particularly unhappy because it seems Stootsi tried to find a way to take as much of my money as they could without filling the order.

Should I email Stootsi demanding a full refund? Or should I wait and see what happens and open a Paypal dispute if they only send me 15?

The sad thing is I'm still holding out some blind hope of getting my games or of Stootsi trying to do right by me. If they did right I'd get around 30 games, if they did what I think they are doing I'm getting 15 games, or 20% of my order yet I'm paying 37% of my order, roughly getting half of what I've paid for .[/quote]If they haven't shipped yet and you know you don't want any of the games everyone else has been getting, just cancel. You definitely aren't the first, and you won't be the last.

Got my box of 50 games today (shipped yesterday) and I made an unboxing video. I'm too lazy to type them all out right now but I think it's somewhat clear in the video what I got.

They did send me a crappy DVD for some reason, and it counted as one of the 50 "games"

Only got 6 Mac games and 3 of those I've already got the PC version of.

And I think there are about 4 games total I actually want to play. I've been eyeing Diplomacy at Half Price Books for a little while now so it was really nice to see that in there.

Overall I don't regret buying these at all. In fact, I kinda wish I had ordered more.

[youtube][/youtube]

fuck this, I want my 200 PC games. If I only get 20, I'm going to get the same 20 games everyone else got, which are gay. I ordered 200 so I'd be guaranteed to get at least a few good ones. I'm emailing them asking for all 200 or a full refund. After that, I'll open a PayPal disput.

[quote name='Access_Denied']fuck this, I want my 200 PC games. If I only get 20, I'm going to get the same 20 games everyone else got, which are gay. I ordered 200 so I'd be guaranteed to get at least a few good ones. I'm emailing them asking for all 200 or a full refund. After that, I'll open a PayPal disput.[/quote]

I agree. Part of this deal was you paid 5 bucks shipping no matter how many you ordered. The more you ordered the cheaper they were per title, not to mention that you might get a few good ones.
This whole deal is bs. I'm glad my 360 network adaptor worked from them that I bought. They too k such great care packing it. fucker's threw it in a big box with no packing material. I'd say stootsi is now the frontrunner for the cheapy award for worst online retailer.

[quote name='Xeno G']Got my box of 50 games today (shipped yesterday) and I made an unboxing video. I'm too lazy to type them all out right now but I think it's somewhat clear in the video what I got.

They did send me a crappy DVD for some reason, and it counted as one of the 50 "games"

Only got 6 Mac games and 3 of those I've already got the PC version of.

And I think there are about 4 games total I actually want to play. I've been eyeing Diplomacy at Half Price Books for a little while now so it was really nice to see that in there.

Overall I don't regret buying these at all. In fact, I kinda wish I had ordered more.
[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you're the winner... I'm jealous, you got the type of stuff I've been hoping for, well for almost a month now...

I just emailed Stootsi complaining that I didn't ask for a refund or a coupon and I ordered 75, not 15 games. I'll see what they have to say but at this point they are very close to not just losing my business, but getting a Paypal dispute and a bad review at any chance. You make people wait a month? Bad business... You decide how much of a order to fill and how much money to keep? That's just fucked up

[quote name='rmb']
This whole deal is bs. I'm glad my 360 network adaptor worked from them that I bought. They too k such great care packing it. fucker's threw it in a big box with no packing material. I'd say stootsi is now the frontrunner for the cheapy award for worst online retailer.[/QUOTE]

They send items that work? My 360 network adapter was DOA. They said they would refund my money, but I suppose I'll lose the coupon that I paid for.

I just got a refund of 54.25 for my 217 games, but they kept my $5 shipping and giving a $5 coupon instead? yea okay.
Worst part is, waited this long without complaining, I wouldnt mind waiting longer. Like giving them a free loan

[quote name='rmb']I'd say stootsi is now the frontrunner for the cheapy award for worst online retailer.[/quote]

Frontrunner? I think the category needs to be named for them.

"The Stootsi.com Worst Online Retailer award goes to..... Stootsi.com!"

The day before they canceled everybody's orders, I emailed them and asked them to cancel my order and issue a refund. I got a response within hours, confirming that they would cancel/refund. Nothing seemed to actually happen until well after they announced they were canceling everybody's orders. Problem is, the refund via paypal doesn't seem to be proceeding past it's initial stage. It's stuck at "pending", which according to paypal's help section, means there weren't enough funds in the paypal account when they issued the refund and that it has to pull money out of the bank account associated with their account.

I can't believe what a colossal clusterfuck this whole thing has been. This company doesn't deserve to stay in business. I just ordered some games, but i would be insane with anger if I got broken crap like some did.

I have yet to receive my PC games or a refund but I did get the e-mail. The only tracking information I have is the billing info received/voided. I don't care about some $5.00 off, I'm never ordering from this joke of a website again. I just hope I get my refund within the next day or two. This was first and last order from them.

So I got my refund. They refunded the cost of the games plus shipping, except they didn't refund the sales tax! Now I have to e-mail them, it's less than $2.00 but no way am I letting them get away with that.

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']I didn't realize these were new* PC games. How often do they do this?

*As in, not used.[/quote]

This would be the first and last time. I ordered 200 PC games and will only be getting 20. You can bet they won't ever get my business again.

Ok, so both boxes now show up as voided (for a second time), yet they still only issued a partial refund... I also emailed them and did not get a response.

Edit: I sent a second email

"Yesterday I received a partial refund for the 75 random games I ordered on the 2nd. I emailed yesterday (and had no response) explaining I ordered 75 games, not 15. Today I got the notification that BOTH of the packages that you sent billing info to UPS, for my order were canceled, yet for some reason I still have not had all my money refunded.

I waited patiently and held out hope Stootsi was going to meet their obligation. However, after waiting almost a month, having my order's billing info sent to UPS and canceled twice you still have some of my money. Look, I'd love to get my 75 games but it seems Stootsi has no intention of sending the games. So, I would at least like my money back. I seriously doubt you intend to send me 75 games for $8.75 but if that's your intention by all means keep my money. If you don't plan on filling my order, then refund me my money."

[quote name='KrAzY3']Ok, so both boxes now show up as voided (for a second time), yet they still only issued a partial refund... I also emailed them and did not get a response.[/QUOTE]

Same but I don't seriously expect an answer until Tuesday about it

[quote name='coolsteel']Same but I don't seriously expect an answer until Tuesday about it[/QUOTE]

The window of time for filing a Paypal dispute is closing, I want to give them a chance to respond but I fully intend to file a dispute if they intend to keep some of my money without filling the order.

hmmm, i just placed an order with stoosi for a $25 Sixaxis controller. Hopefully that works out OK.
Though i did come in 2nd place on their last contest(saw contests while checking out this deal , which i passed on) and got a $25 code for winning, so there's that =]

I purchased the Gamer Box and 40 PC games. They arrived a few days ago. Gamer Box: PSP Component Cables 40 PC Games: Lot of junk... mixture of Mac games, expansion packs, and old sports games. The highlights were definitely a copy of Temple of Elemental Evil (been wanting a copy of that for a while!) and a Mac version of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I'd be willing to type up the complete list of games that I got, but it's probably not necessary. :)

Anyone gotten a refund for the platinum box? I am debating filing a dispute with paypal because of how long they are taking.

[quote name='Dehumanized']I purchased the Gamer Box and 40 PC games. They arrived a few days ago. Gamer Box: PSP Component Cables 40 PC Games: Lot of junk... mixture of Mac games, expansion packs, and old sports games. The highlights were definitely a copy of Temple of Elemental Evil (been wanting a copy of that for a while!) and a Mac version of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I'd be willing to type up the complete list of games that I got, but it's probably not necessary. :)[/quote]

If you want to get rid of that PSP component cable, send em a PM :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister']hmmm, i just placed an order with stoosi for a $25 Sixaxis controller. Hopefully that works out OK.
Though i did come in 2nd place on their last contest(saw contests while checking out this deal , which i passed on) and got a $25 code for winning, so there's that =][/quote]

I placed an order on the $25 Sixaxis Controller deal after the whole stootsi birthday deal. So far the control is working great! It came open boxed very torn and bashy looking yet it works great.:applause:

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just received this email from Stootsi. I guess I won't be getting the rest of my games. I really wanted them to, I barely have any PC games

*~edit*~ Was refunded money for the remaining 180 games.

Stootsi Folk-

As you are already aware, several of your orders for PC Games have not
shipped. While several orders have shipped out, and some orders have had
partial shipments leave our facility, many of your orders are still
waiting to be packaged.

Due to the customer response we have received (a mixed bag of
name-calling, threats, and anger...it's ok we understand), we have
decided that the best course of action is to issue refunds for orders
that have not been shipped yet. We are not comfortable holding our
customers funds for more than 2-3 business days before shipments, let
alone 2-3 weeks. We wholeheartedly apologize for this inconvenience. We
completely dropped the ball on this PC Game promotion and we understand
if your frustration leads you to no longer purchase items from our site.

As for how these refunds are being handled:

1. Customers will receive full refunds for pc games that have not
shipped. Several of your orders have shipped out in partial shipments.
You will receive refunds for shipments of games that have *not* shipped.
2. Regardless of whether your order shipped in full or did not shipped,
you will also receive a $5.00 coupon good until the end of the year. We
are issuing these coupons and making them good until the end of the year
because we understand that you might not want to purchase anything for
quite a long time - especially if this has been your first experience
with our site. Hopefully the bad taste will wear off by Christmas
season.
3. If you received a partial refund for your games order, basically that
means some of your games shipped.

If you are confused, or need help, or have questions, please simply
email us at [email protected].

We understand that this course of action might cause further anger
and/or angst, and we simply take blame & full responsibility for this
error and apologize profusely.

With Egg In Our Face,

Stootsi.com
_________________________________________________________[/QUOTE]

if you ask me this is total Fraud they never had any plans on shipping these games out and just kept the money for this long. I Tell everyone who got #$#$#$#$ over by this company to report them to the BBB and maybe even lawsuit

they never was going to send someone 200 PC games for what 30 bucks when shipping would of been more then that alone.

if i got a coupon i would tell them to shove it up their #$#$#$ asses

if they had a problem with keeping peoples money they would of refunded it long ago. If you are in the same state as the company i would go down and see if i could file a lawsuit against them in small claims court demanding they give me what i paid for .. What do these people do just sit on their asses 24 hours a day. This promo was what a month ago, It dont take all day to pick up 200 games. hell back in 97 when i worked at a book store we would fill between 2000 to 5000 books in a single day per person. so you cant tell me OOO WE DONT GOT TIME TO FILL IT ...

Its we needed a lot more cash to make our books look better before the investors came and now they see ALL OF THESE PEOPLE COMING TO OUR STORE we can now just #$#$#$# the customers over and return their cash.

if you ordered 200 pc games DEMAND The games not the money back.

[quote name='KrAzY3']The window of time for filing a Paypal dispute is closing, I want to give them a chance to respond but I fully intend to file a dispute if they intend to keep some of my money without filling the order.[/QUOTE]

sorry but if you used Paypal your #$#$#$#$

you have no protection.... Paypal will only give your money back if you got something off ebay. If you buy something anywhere besides Ebay and they dont give your money back

paypal will tell you TOO BAD YOU GET NOTHING

so dont expect paypal to help you ....

My ups number was voided from them on Friday............ and that was that. I didn't get a new one today, didn't get my remaining money back and of course no answer to emails about it.

[quote name='slidecage']sorry but if you used Paypal your #$#$#$#$

you have no protection.... Paypal will only give your money back if you got something off ebay. If you buy something anywhere besides Ebay and they dont give your money back

paypal will tell you TOO BAD YOU GET NOTHING

so dont expect paypal to help you ....[/QUOTE]

I filed a complaint against estarland (they never mailed my order) and Paypal gave me a refund. That was a year ago or so. Have they since changed their policy?

[quote name='spookyhurst']I filed a complaint against estarland (they never mailed my order) and Paypal gave me a refund. That was a year ago or so. Have they since changed their policy?[/quote]

no. i have no idea what hes talking about but paypal protects you regardless of what you buy and where you buy it.

[quote name='KrAzY3']The window of time for filing a Paypal dispute is closing, I want to give them a chance to respond but I fully intend to file a dispute if they intend to keep some of my money without filling the order.[/quote]

You may as well open the dispute. All that does is lets the other party, through paypal, know you have a problem and then starts a time frame for the both of you to solve the issue. If you dont resolve it, at the end of the dispute window, paypal will then decide. The dispute time takes an additional month from the point of filing to when Paypal would step in and decide. You can close the dispute at any time along the way. If you have an issue with a transaction dont ever let the point where you can file a dispute pass, just open one as a precaution.

If a stootsi rep doesnt bother responding during the dispute period what will happen is paypal will side with you and simply issue a requested refund regardless of if you got a partial order or not.

[quote name='spookyhurst']I filed a complaint against estarland (they never mailed my order) and Paypal gave me a refund. That was a year ago or so. Have they since changed their policy?[/QUOTE]

i think they was talking about they sent the item back and they never got the refund.. Im not sure about never getting the item...

all i know is i returned a game to TRU and never got a refund and Paypal said there is nothing they can do cause I did not buy it though Ebay,

My refund via paypal finally went through this morning. It took about 7 days, but it did eventually complete processing.

If you pay for anything via paypal except with the paypal plug-in you have the same ability to file a dispute be it stootsi, ebay, etc. If any of you have not gotten refunds and are near the 30 day mark I'd file the claim.

I emailed them and I got this reply:
"We only charged your card for 10 dollars to begin with which was for your silver box."
That's the last time I do business with them. Is it possible to get my $10 back on my Visa debit card?

[quote name='duckydan']If you pay for anything via paypal except with the paypal plug-in you have the same ability to file a dispute be it stootsi, ebay, etc. If any of you have not gotten refunds and are near the 30 day mark I'd file the claim.[/QUOTE]

what is this paypal plug in.. I paid TRU via paypal balance and they told me there is nothing they can do

the money is lost if TRU never sends it back I will get nothing back

bread's done
Back