Stootsi Salvage Mall- [updated] Wii Remote $14.99, 360 controller 9.99

Arcademode

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.stootsi.com/store/cat.aspx?cat=3821

Stootsi.com has a section known as the "Salvage Mall", in which items are sold as-is, without refunds.
The Disclaimer, as written by Stootsi.com is written as follows:

• All products sold on salvage.stootsi.com have issues. We will do our best to present these issues to you.
  • All salvage products are sold as-is, with no warranties expressed or implied, unless otherwise stated on the item page.
  • Nearly all of these items are former customer returns, untested, unfixed, or just not working in some regard.
  • Cosmetic conditions will vary tremendously, but will be clearly advertised.
Basically, you're taking a gamble for buying items that may or may not work for ridiculously low prices. Each item has a short description of the condition, so make sure you read the descriptions! So buyer beware, if you're not feeling risky.

I have bought a wired XBOX360 controller from this before under "good" condition, and it has worked perfectly. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Items Include (updated):
XBOX360 white wireless controller (limit 1) - $9.99
Wii Remote - $14.99
XBOX 360 MC2 Racing Wheel - $9.99
Datel Maxdrive 160GB HD PS3 - $34.99
PS3 Wireless Sixaxis Controller (limit 1) - $2.29
Nyko Wii Remote Charge Station - $2.99
XBOX360 Wireless Headset Halo Edition - $4.99

New items are constantly being added and removed, so check back often.

Shipping is $6.00 flat, and everything's tax free except for PA residents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Ordered a lot of stuff, only came to $23 after shipping. If two of the five items work, I will be happy. BTW the 360 controller says white in the title, but pink in the description. IDC either way, because I am going to paint over it. Just a heads up to anyone ordering that.

wanted a sixaxis but didn't see any...

grabbed the nyko charging station + batteries for wii, the wireless headset for 360, and the system selector.

if just the system selector worked, that would be awesome.

Read the description. This is a Salvage Sale. Meaning you are buying products as-is (and most likely certain) that they will NOT be functional. Since it says as-is no warranty you are basically throwing your money away unless you feel the need to open and tinker with the garbage. Dont forget that Stootsi is a POS of a company. Good luck to all though.

If anyone's still interested in the 360 controller, they also have one for $15 with a 14-day warranty, in case you don't like dealing with the "what if" scenario.

Link

[quote name='NJMane']Read the description. This is a Salvage Sale. Meaning you are buying products as-is (and most likely certain) that they will NOT be functional. Since it says as-is no warranty you are basically throwing your money away unless you feel the need to open and tinker with the garbage. Dont forget that Stootsi is a POS of a company. Good luck to all though.[/quote]

I agree (now that I ordered crap). All of these items are being sold at a higher price as open box items in another part of the store. I think these items probably were tested and are broken. If you want to create a custom 360 controller, this is a great place to get a case.

True, be warned that what you're purchasing could turn out to be junk in a box. Hopefully, Stootsi won't sell items that are FUBAR. However, I've bought a wired XBOX360 controller from them in the past and it turned out just fine.

I just purchased a SIXAXIS for some Little Big Planet local multiplayer.

And if the item doesn't work, but looks decent, I'm just going to sell it to Gamestop. They never check for working condition anymore.

*gulp*

thanks a lot OP! now that i see that this stuff is being sold for more as "open box" on other parts of the site, i'm struck with awful buyer's remorse...

ugh

[edit] the problem i have with the items is that they are listed as "good" which stootsi defines as "Good. Not new, or like new, and not heavily used. GOOD. Overall it's good. Good good good."

Grabbed a Halo headset, a PS2 S-Video Cable, and that Microsoft USB mouse. All three for $20 and change! Thanks a lot for the heads up OP.

Ok, look, we know you aren't stupid. BUT, we must give fair warning. So do both of us a favor and read carefully:
  • All products sold on salvage.stootsi.com have issues. We will do our best to present these issues to you.
  • All salvage products are sold as-is, with no warranties expressed or implied, unless otherwise stated on the item page.
  • Nearly all of these items are former customer returns, untested, unfixed, or just not working in some regard.
  • Cosmetic conditions will vary tremendously, but will be clearly advertised.
Now that we have that out of the way, brace yourself for ridiculous prices. Just remember, THERE'S A REASON FOR THAT.
Some of you might wonder why we would be selling these types of goods. Great question. That probably means this stuff isn't for you. But just incase it is for you, we'll list a few reasons why:
  • Fixer-upper people like this stuff. Where else can you buy a Roomba for 30 bucks and potentially fix it yourself?
  • Several salvage items work to some degree, thereby creating some value for the customer.
  • Certain items are easier to fix than others. An enterprising person can do a lot for himself simply by googling.
  • We don't have time to go through this crap. You, on the other hand, most likely do.
  • We've heard rumors of some people buying salvage merchandise and then receiving warranty support (if available). If that's you, well, cool.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Now, feel free to continue. We know you are curious.
Stootsi.com

Looks like all that stuff has been replaced, I was kinda interested in the wireless headset for the 360.

On the other hand they are offering an official Microsoft Xbox 360 HDMI kit.

Despite that whole platinum box fiasco, a lot of people seem to have good things to say about stootsi. I bought a 20gb hdd from them a couple months ago that works fine - no problems whatsoever.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy an "as-is" product from any online merchant. "As-is" is pretty much codeword for "it doesn't work." I suggest you guys check the chaos bin instead - pretty good prices without the gamble of whether this stuff works or not.

Here's the link for the Chaos Bin for you lazy bastards:
http://www.stootsi.com/store/cat.aspx?cat=7981&pg=1

The salvage.stootsi.com item just changed over to the wireless Xbox 360 headset for $3.99. Description lists it as a customer return due to problematic wireless connection. Under $10 shipped if you're willing to take a chance on it.

To the dumb bastards bitching about Stootsi (for this, the platinum box, whatever)

LEARN TO READ.

And this is from someone who has bought from Stootsi and HAD some stuff not work (Guitar Hero 3 for 360, bought it around Christmas).

Absolutely ridiculous. The Platinum Box was clearly a broke-ass Bag of Crap, and it's called SALVAGE for a reason. The disclaimer is even forced on you BEFORE you see the items, so it's really on you idiots for not reading it.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']To the dumb bastards bitching about Stootsi (for this, the platinum box, whatever)

LEARN TO READ.

And this is from someone who has bought from Stootsi and HAD some stuff not work (Guitar Hero 3 for 360, bought it around Christmas).

Absolutely ridiculous. The Platinum Box was clearly a broke-ass Bag of Crap, and it's called SALVAGE for a reason. The disclaimer is even forced on you BEFORE you see the items, so it's really on you idiots for not reading it.[/QUOTE]

ok, someone should reprimand this guy...

if you follow the link, you do not run into that disclaimer... the only time you see if is if you go directly to salvage.stootsi.com... the link in the OP goes directly to the items.

Well I don't see anything wrong with buying something small like these things that may not work. I would never spend more than a few dollars though, just because of the risk. I fully plan to contact Microsoft and try and take advantage of product warranties (or just paying a bit to have them fix it) if I run into problems with my items.

Now, I do think the Stootsi Salvage Mall product disclaimer (as mentioned earlier clicking on OPs link skips it) should at least be edited into OPs post. I would have taken more time to consider this before hand if I got a chance to read that.

i buy things all the time from a salvage store the next town over. i get a ton great buys. only prob is that other customers there are usually disrespectful and just throw things on the floor. (no kidding..they do it in front of employees and no one says a thing)
i would definatly order from salvage.stootsi.com if i am looking for anything they have. its just more of a gamble.

[quote name='daminion']First post & title need to be edited with the fact that this is almost certainly broken, unworking items for parts only.[/quote]

i saw a bunch of things in "good" condition. at the bottom though it said they were untested and were customer returns.

I don't think all of these items are necessarily broken. The OP should make it clear, though, that there are no guarantees. Of course, buying from something called a "Salvage Mall" should probably tip you off to that.

[quote name='zenintrude']ok, someone should reprimand this guy...

if you follow the link, you do not run into that disclaimer... the only time you see if is if you go directly to salvage.stootsi.com... the link in the OP goes directly to the items.[/QUOTE]

You'd have a shot if this isn't in every goddamn item description on the main page;

Standard Salvage.Stootsi Jibberish

Please keep in mind that typically items on salvage.stootsi either do not work, have limited functionality, or need some type of warranty servicing done to them. Items may or may not have manufacturer warranties remaining on them, but that is something you can find out on your own, should you choose to roll the dice with salvage items. Please weigh the risk against the cost of the item and make a calculated decision.

And the items that are being sold (regardless of where they are, be it main page or store) do have this;

What's Wrong

This product is a customer return. It was returned because it had trouble with the wireless connection. This item is being sold as-is for parts or repair.

So my point about learning how to read still stands.

Also, the fact that it's got the word salvage anywhere -near- it should probably give you a faint idea as to the quality. Seriously, salvage mall? You're telling me you couldn't put it together? The condition of the item even says damaged!

I was going to get the Nyko Wii charger (appears to be in-stock), but shipping is $6 on it. The page for this item does state:

"It is being sold as-is for parts or repair. "

But if shipping were cheaper it would be worth it to me for parts.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Too bad the 360 controller is damaged. I would have certainly taken a risk if it was untested or something.[/QUOTE]

???

That would just be bad business to not test their stuff because working items are obviously more valuable than non-working ones.

"Oh shit! We just got a shipment of 1000 XBOX360 controllers. I don't have time to test all of them, so I'm going to test every other one. We'll sell the "tested" ones for $25, and untested ones for $5!"

^ How does that make any sense?

[quote name='opportunity777']???

That would just be bad business to not test their stuff because working items are obviously more valuable than non-working ones.

"Oh shit! We just got a shipment of 1000 XBOX360 controllers. I don't have time to test all of them, so I'm going to test every other one. We'll sell the "tested" ones for $25, and untested ones for $5!"

^ How does that make any sense?[/quote]

Instead of insulting someone else's intelligence, how about you actually check the deals out? A number of the items they have put up there were simply labeled "untested." Take for instance the wireless 360 controller:

http://www.stootsi.com/store/item.aspx?item=18573966

Why? I don't know. I don't work for them. Do you? Maybe they got a pallet of dirty, chipped controllers they just want to dump on someone. For a few bucks, I would risk getting a couple. But when they clearly put that it's broken, like the wired controllers, then I won't bother. So, does that make sense to you, now?

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']Aw, I have to pay tax...

EDIT: Man, while I was screwing around the one Six-Axis I had in my cart was bought by someone else.[/quote]

If there was only one, then that'd be me. I decided to go ahead and give it a shot, for $7.84 shipped. I'll post back when I get it to let you know whether or not to thank me for keeping you from getting it.

[quote name='opportunity777']???

^ How does that make any sense?[/quote]

It depends on where the item comes from as to whether or not it has been tested. Do you have any idea how long it takes to test an item to see if it properly works? just becasue it turns on dosent mean it isnt defective.

im positive Stootsi does not have the time/resources to make sure every item works EXACLTY how it is supposed to. But sometimes when a customer returns an item they will say flat out "it works properly, i just didnt like it" other times the place who sends it to stootsi has the resources to test their items.

stootsi is buying pallets of merch for a very VERY discounted price. no matter what they are selling a controller for they are making a profit.

[quote name='guessed']If there was only one, then that'd be me. I decided to go ahead and give it a shot, for $7.84 shipped. I'll post back when I get it to let you know whether or not to thank me for keeping you from getting it.[/quote]

Hahaha, at least I know where it went. Keep me updated so I know whether to be on the look out for them in the future.

Just bought a covenant brute controller to go with my previously ordered white controller and halo headset. Odds are none will work, but how is microsoft returns/repair?

There are some $9.99 and $24.99 Xbox 360 Wireless Network adapters now. All state good condition, but all state customer returns, as-is, for parts or repair.

Decided to roll the dice on the two $10 adapters. If one works, it's still a steal at $26 shipped, and I'll try to dump the other off on someone for $5 or so. If both don't work at all, well, I'm douche.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Decided to roll the dice on the two $10 adapters. If one works, it's still a steal at $26 shipped, and I'll try to dump the other off on someone for $5 or so. If both don't work at all, well, I'm douche.[/QUOTE]

alternatively... you can buy a new one at best buy, return the broken one, and voula!

however, it's ethically shady... but so is microsoft!

[quote name='zenintrude']alternatively... you can buy a new one at best buy, return the broken one, and voula!

however, it's ethically shady... but so is microsoft![/quote]

Way to suggest fraud.

bread's done
Back