Straight-to-DVD Futurama movie planned

Oh Hell Yea!
Futurama was one of the best things fox ever had and they had to go and cancel it but kept king of the hill.
I'm sure to pick this one up. This is probably testing the waters and if DVD sales pick up they may renew the series.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Horray!

I wonder what it would cost to make a futurama movie?[/QUOTE]

Ive heard its not a cheap proposition. Thats why the sales of the Sets and the 4 episode set coming out soon ($10!!!) are being watched carefully.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Great news. I'm definitely hoping this turns into a revival of the show with new episodes. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully. I hope if it does get renewed, that Fox will put it on after 8:00 on Sundays. Seems like no one watches the shows until 8:00(I'm still confused how King of the Hill keeps getting renewed).

good stuff. with all due respect, they should just kill the Simpsons and revive Futurama.

[quote name='Apossum']good stuff. with all due respect, they should just kill the Simpsons and revive Futurama.[/QUOTE]

I could live with that.

[quote name='Apossum']good stuff. with all due respect, they should just kill the Simpsons and revive Futurama.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Futurama was ten times as funny as the Simpsons when it was on.

The best thing is that you could literally write any kind of situation due to the futuristic setting. They do that with The Simpsons too but it just works better with a spaceship crew than a middle-income family.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Oh Hell Yea!
Futurama was one of the best things fox ever had and they had to go and cancel it but kept king of the hill.
I'm sure to pick this one up. This is probably testing the waters and if DVD sales pick up they may renew the series.[/QUOTE]

When you do a ratings to cost comparison for King of the hill versus Futurama, its not even close. Furturama was an expensive show to make, and did OK-Pretty Good. King of the Hill is in the OK range, but costs a whole hell of a lot less to produce

[quote name='GuilewasNK']True.

They really screwed with the timeslot too much IMO.[/QUOTE]

Egads. I remember you'd see one episode, then it would be preempted by football for the next two months, and then another episode would pop up with little to no advance warning. Fox really didn't want that show to succeed.

They used to show it at 7:30pm EST too. I don't know what the hell that was about. Most evening blocks start at 8:00pm EST. I was so inton it the first season that I recorded each episode on VHS and frequented message boards devoted solely to that show. I even downloaded music remixes to episode quotes.

I first saw this story the other day on www.gotfuturama.com (they got it from the original ign.com news story), and like any good Futurama fan I nearly lost control of my bladder in joy. Now I hate to be a buzzkill about this, because nobody wants to see Futurama return more than me, but it has not been officially confirmed yet. Not by Matt Groening, David X. Cohen or FOX.

GotFuturama.com later edited their own news item about it to include this preface:

Due to some communication hickup within CGEF, the following had been posted without all information attached. Most importantly, our latest information from David X. Cohen is that the movie(s) have NOT been greenlit yet. So, take what Billy says as a good sign, but not neccessarily as the final word on it.

The CGEF in the quote above stands for "Can't Get Enough Futurama", which is what the site calls itself. A couple people posting messages on that site were claiming to have spoken with Matt Groening at the Comic Con convention yesterday and said that he also said the movie(s) would be done, but as of this moment, nothing official has happened. Just the fact that Billy West is talking about it is a great sign, and the fact that he's calling it a done deal makes me hopeful that it soon will be official.

I'd love to see a Futurama movie lead into new episodes. I actually find it more amusing than the Simpsons now.

I do like King of the Hill though. It is enjoyable in a not-wacky kind of way. The reason King of the Hill stays on is that it is more enticing to older audiences. I've had family members (immediate and extended) who are much older than I say that they find it more entertaining than Family Guy.

A bit off topic: Who actually likes American Dad?
Even though it was made by Seth MacFarlane, this show sucks ass. I cant stand any family member besides the mom and sometimes the alien.

[quote name='bobo2k4']A bit off topic: Who actually likes American Dad?
Even though it was made by Seth MacFarlane, this show sucks ass. I cant stand any family member besides the mom and sometimes the alien.[/QUOTE]

I personally found the episode that had Karl Rove and Stan wanting to become deacon at the church to be genius, if only for Karl Rove. Besides that, the show has been a disappointment.

On topic, this could be great news. Hopefully everything will happen, because I've always liked Futurama better than Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Even though it was made by Seth MacFarlane, this show sucks ass. I cant stand any family member besides the mom and sometimes the alien.[/QUOTE]

I like it better then the new Family Guy episodes.

American Dad is ok from what I have seen. The episode where the daughter is a stripper was pretty funny. Still, it relies too much shock humor like Family Guy IMO.

Speaking of that, did they cancel it or what? It hasn't been on for a few weeks.

Although it is a little bit dry with the comedy, I can't complain. It's the only thing on at 9:30 that's watchable.

Awesome news. I love Futurama and found the show to be far more humorous than Family Guy. I hope this does well on DVD and leads to a revival of the show. The comics are good, but the show was just excellent.

I find the show bearable to say the least. It isn't bad, but it isn't good and better than anything else on in that time slot. The episode sometime ago with Karl Rove was pure genius. Funniest episode of the series ever. I was actually laughing for most of it. The stripper episode and the episode with the muslim neighbors weren't bad either. The voice of the father in the series has grown on me since its early inception, but I don't really like many of the characters. The only ones I like are the Fish, the Alien (he's my favorite and I find him to be hilarious), and the son who can be funny sometimes. The former two really don't get enough screen time IMO.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']True.

They really screwed with the timeslot too much IMO.[/QUOTE]

for real. The new episodes were played at 6:00 around here and football always went about a half an hour to an hour later than it was supposed to, always, so i never saw new episodes............DAMN YOU FOX.

There are many shows that they could trash to make room for it too. Lets start with life on a stick..........unless its already been canned.

I think new episode might actually become a reality..................PRAY!

i'm a bit indifferent about the possibility of a revival. i think the series ended perfectly, BEST.ENDING.EVAR! anyone else feel the same?

the day any of this comes true is the day that i ejaculate 50 yards....not that it's unbelievable and i could never ejaculate 50 yards....more like if it happened, i'd definitely ejaculate 50 yards

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the day any of this comes true is the day that i ejaculate 50 yards....not that it's unbelievable and i could never ejaculate 50 yards....more like if it happened, i'd definitely ejaculate 50 yards[/QUOTE]

.....................definatly uncalled for................

[quote name='minqqq']i'm a bit indifferent about the possibility of a revival. i think the series ended perfectly, BEST.ENDING.EVAR! anyone else feel the same?[/QUOTE]

I think it ended as well as it could have, especially considering what little notice they got about the axe falling.

Its kinda like losing your favorite pet though. Sure, he lived a good life and died peacefully in his sleep. But just because things went well doesnt mean you cant still wish he was around.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I think it ended as well as it could have, especially considering what little notice they got about the axe falling.

Its kinda like losing your favorite pet though. Sure, he lived a good life and died peacefully in his sleep. But just because things went well doesnt mean you cant still wish he was around.[/QUOTE]

Truer words were never spoken.

(you bastard stole my answer)

[quote name='supadupacheap']I think it ended as well as it could have, especially considering what little notice they got about the axe falling.

Its kinda like losing your favorite pet though. Sure, he lived a good life and died peacefully in his sleep. But just because things went well doesnt mean you cant still wish he was around.[/QUOTE]

exactally, its like a 20 year old person, having just got married bought a new house and won the lottery, then out of nowhere................he/she GETS HIT BY A BUS!

my point is........4 years isnt enough. Futurama was in its prime when it was bagged, it needs another chance, mabey this time it wont get drunk and dance in the middle of the street!

bread's done
Back