Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection Set (PS3) $49.99+$15.57 Shipping

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Disclaimer: This is shipped by Digital River and they are terrible. Still listing this just in case people are interested. 

Shipping may also kill this for some, but regardless this set sells for 113.99 on Amazon.  

Here's the link
http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/productID.289564700/Street-Fighter-25th-Anniversary-Collection-Set-PS3.html

Here's the details

The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes: 

Past and Present Street Fighter® Games – Playable on current gen PS3™ console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC. 

Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie. 

Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below. 

11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter® game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter® games. 

64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter® game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike. 

Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic "Fūrinkazan" in kanji!

Last edited by a moderator:
Digital River kills the deal... Seriously, I much rather pay MSRP just to avoid dealing with them. 

Getting closer. I think it's been about this low before. I think sub $50 and I'll bite. Pretty nice collection though. Tough sell this time of year, especially with the next gen systems launching a week apart in just a couple more weeks.

What are some of the bad experiences that you guys have had with Digital River?

I took my chances and bought it.  It's selling between $120 - $160 including shipping on amazon.  Surprising the last Digital Rivers order I got were good and not as badly packaged.  Being in the CAG in me, I bit.

I had one good experience where I got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a few days early, but my second order was pretty bad. I orders a shirt, which took about 5 weeks to ship out. Besides mine, you can read the MH3U topic, where various people claimed extremely long ship times, poor updates to the site, offers not being honored and orders being cancelled because they didn't have all the parts.

Damn…was looking to bite till I saw Digital River. 

No thanks.

(Adding to the heap: Pre-ordered MvC3 through them, didn't get it till 2 weeks after launch, all banged up. I really dunno why CapCom still goes with them).

Thanks OP!  As a huge street fighter fan I've always felt i should own this set.  Don't think I'll see it any cheaper than this again.........Hopfully DR doesnt fuck up the delivery.

i bought one too after gohastings shafted me, man that 16 dollar shipping stings. but 70 is below the cost and to find a retail version of the ps3 version is slim to none at least for a sale. xbox version will prob hit sub 60, but not the ps3 version.

All i have out of this is SSFIIT:HDR and the vanilla version of SFIV (launch day Collector's Edition). I have none of the Alpha's, Third Strike: Online Edition (I have the trial/demo version though), SFxT and none of the music or movies/TV series.

For $71.xx after tax it's a no brainer.. and for the 11-disc soundtrack alone.. and the other goodies are just icing on the cake ;). My question is, what happens with digital content/games you already own when you redeem your download voucher?. Does it download the content once more or does it just not appear in the download list since it's already in your PSN download history?

Btw, I chose the 3-5 day Ground Shipping option for $0.42 more if that makes a difference... seems more reliable than 5-7 day economy shipping. And it should arrive in better condition to, yes?

One more thing, can the four Alpha games be downloaded and played on the Vita?. I never owned a PSP of any kind and would prefer to play these on my first Sony handheld, which would be the Vita.

All i have out of this is SSFIIT:HDR and the vanilla version of SFIV (launch day Collector's Edition). I have none of the Alpha's, Third Strike: Online Edition (I have the trial/demo version though), SFxT and none of the music or movies/TV series.

For $71.xx after tax it's a no brainer.. and for the 11-disc soundtrack alone.. and the other goodies are just icing on the cake ;). My question is, what happens with digital content/games you already own when you redeem your download voucher?. Does it download the content once more or does it just not appear in the download list since it's already in your PSN download history?

Btw, I chose the 3-5 day Ground Shipping option for $0.42 more if that makes a difference... seems more reliable than 5-7 day economy shipping. And it should arrive in better condition to, yes?

One more thing, can the four Alpha games be downloaded and played on the Vita?. I never owned a PSP of any kind and would prefer to play these on my first Sony handheld, which would be the Vita.
Part of your download list.

order just shipped...what was this digital fiasco about?
I just placed an order for this (thanks OP), did it take long to get the shipping message?

Considering I did a quick ebay search to see that people are happy to pay $100+ for this new, I couldn't resist. I really like the way the box looks too. I don't know if I'll keep it sealed or use the box for ticket stubs and other mementos. Sigh... my wife might not be too happy that I bought this.

Edit:

Do we not get email confirmation of our orders from the Capcom store? I sure didn't...

Double Edit:

Never mind, just got an email.

I just placed an order for this (thanks OP), did it take long to get the shipping message?

Considering I did a quick ebay search to see that people are happy to pay $100+ for this new, I couldn't resist. I really like the way the box looks too. I don't know if I'll keep it sealed or use the box for ticket stubs and other mementos. Sigh... my wife might not be too happy that I bought this.

Edit:
Do we not get email confirmation of our orders from the Capcom store? I sure didn't...

Double Edit:
Never mind, just got an email.
ordered yesterday, got conf yesterday, ship notice trom cap today, ship notice from fed ex today. i opted for the 3 day shipping since it was only 50 cents more. 70 is not bad for ps3 version

Shipped via Fedex ground mail! lol. I guess paying the extra $0.46 to opt in for the 3 day shipping is what did the trick! haha. This is my first Capcom Store/Digital River purchase.

I guess I made out pretty well considering all these horror stories I've been reading the past few years them o_O.

Btw, $15.xx for shipping??? lmao. Sorry, i just found that funny...

ordered yesterday, got conf yesterday, ship notice trom cap today, ship notice from fed ex today. i opted for the 3 day shipping since it was only 50 cents more. 70 is not bad for ps3 version
Shipped via Fedex ground mail! lol. I guess paying the extra $0.46 to opt in for the 3 day shipping is what did the trick! haha. This is my first Capcom Store/Digital River purchase.

I guess I made out pretty well considering all these horror stories I've been reading the past few years them o_O.

LOL. I was mad for a minute thinking I picked USPS and didn't notice that FedEx was $.50 more (god I hate USPS). I checked each option and it looked like all of them were more expensive so I said screw it and picked the one at the top thinking that it would be the cheapest. Thank goodness because I didn't even notice the extra $.50 which is well worth it. I feel lucky. Thanks for pointing that out guys.

y is that funny? 15 sounds about right for a 9lb box. its not like they r trying to gouge on shipping fees for instance a styulus for one penny but shipping costs thirty dollars. in this case the shipping price matches wat is actually being shipped. keep in mind this is not a cd case and not amazon shipping after paying them 80 for prime

y is that funny? 15 sounds about right for a 9lb box. its not like they r trying to gouge on shipping fees for instance a styulus for one penny but shipping costs thirty dollars. in this case the shipping price matches wat is actually being shipped. keep in mind this is not a cd case and not amazon shipping after paying them 80 for prime
Maybe it's because it's one of the few times the shipping prices made sense? I mean, I got charged $6.70 to ship a T-Shirt.

yay for all of us getting a good deal on the ps3 version of this damn thing, i believe this was the lowest its been.

Someone has run through the thread screaming "IT'S DRI DON'T DO IT, LEARN OUR LESSONS BECAUSE YOUR FATE WILL BE THE SAME AS OURS!" right?

I just shipped a 9 lb. box USPS (Skyrim CE w/sealed dragon statue, artbook, and game) boxed with packing bubbles and it cost me $18.45.

got this back in jan from a bestbuy dotd for 70.  i'm a big old scholol sf fan but no where near as technical as these new online players.  Any normal cag gamers wants to play a few SF matches?

I bought Space Marine from THQ once during a Black Friday sale, and they shipped me the wrong platform copy (SKU on e-mail invoice was correct, but SKU on printed invoice was wrong). They would not exchange it for the correct version, AND made me pay return shipping.

Another time I ordered a number of items from Capcom to get free shipping, and their site glitched out, charging me like over $10 in shipping costs. It wasn't until I wrote I was submitting a report to the Better Business Bureau that they finally refunded me the shipping charge.

So, poor web development and absolute SHITTY customer service.

Microsoft also uses Digital River to fulfill their orders, but they don't use Digital River's web software.

I bought Space Marine from THQ once during a Black Friday sale, and they shipped me the wrong platform copy (SKU on e-mail invoice was correct, but SKU on printed invoice was wrong). They would not exchange it for the correct version, AND made me pay return shipping.

Another time I ordered a number of items from Capcom to get free shipping, and their site glitched out, charging me like over $10 in shipping costs. It wasn't until I wrote I was submitting a report to the Better Business Bureau that they finally refunded me the shipping charge.

So, poor web development and absolute SHITTY customer service.

Microsoft also uses Digital River to fulfill their orders, but they don't use Digital River's web software.
Why do so many companies use digital river? They have such a bad rep especially after that Ni No Kuni disaster.

Just wantedto say that I got my PS3 Street Fighter collection and it came in pristine condition, no knicks, or damage anywhere. Seems Digital River, maybe finally learning how to properly package there items. I might start buying more things from Digital River perhaps (one sale at a time though :p )

Just wantedto say that I got my PS3 Street Fighter collection and it came in pristine condition, no knicks, or damage anywhere. Seems Digital River, maybe finally learning how to properly package there items. I might start buying more things from Digital River perhaps (one sale at a time though :p )
Likewise. I had no issues with them. Though I was surprised at how the outer shipping box seemed to fit the game box like a glove. I had to tip the box upside down and let it slowly slide out.

I was torn on whether i wanted to open it or not because I feel like it'll have a good value in a year or two, but I heard something rattling inside the box and was nervous about what it could have been. So, I went ahead and opened it and found that it was just the Fan Art Book that is stashed inside the lid to the box. If anyone hears a rattling object inside the box, it is most likely just the art book, so don't worry about it! I was thrilled to open it though.

got my copy couple days ago...received within four days of ordering. the package was shipped well...perfect condition. cag posters almost made me not get it but digital river fan here!!!!!!

bread's done
Back