Street Fighter 4 TE Stick - Buy.com Xbox 360 PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

orthetic

CAGiversary!
Buy.com just put up a pre-order for the Tournament Stick. Xbox 360 Version PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

Xbox 360 http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightstick-x360-tourn/q/loc/108/210674151.html

Playstation 3 http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210674142&loc=108

I have received my Tournament Edition from Buy.com!! It was a 7-day turn-around for me from placing the pre-order to receiving the shipped notification.

If you are interested in seeing unboxing pics, please check out here:
http://www.ragingforce.com/index.ph...-stick-unboxing&catid=39:daily-blog&Itemid=59

Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 months ago I would have though this was an absurd price, but it's only 40 more dollars than the SE sticks are going on ebay, and those are supposed to be pretty poor quality even for casual fighter ppl (stick and buttons break down)

if I get some income in the next few weeks I'll bite

Thanks OP!

They had a link for the PS3 version also which let me add to the cart and check out. We'll see if they come through!

No sales tax here in CT.

Yeah it was more expensive then the Gamestop.com order a few days ago, but only about $4 more after figuring in tax that Gamestop.com charged me.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']2 months ago I would have though this was an absurd price, but it's only 40 more dollars than the SE sticks are going on ebay, and those are supposed to be pretty poor quality even for casual fighter ppl (stick and buttons break down)

if I get some income in the next few weeks I'll bite[/quote]

I haven't heard of buttons breaking down. I know there was the washer problem with the stick but supposedly Madcatz fixed that issue. Other than that, the stick is a good entry level stick with ease for modding. I really don't understand why so many people like to hate on this stick.

I went ahead and did mine. Better than the pre-order I had standing elsewhere. This will be a good holding spot just in case I can snag one elsewhere. Good Lookin, OP.

alert: i put in my order today in the morning. it is 10:18 pm pst and i just got an email that fedex has been notified that the item will be shipped soon. TE PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
SE sticks, i believe, is straight from madcatz so dont expect much. the TE, however, has high quality parts (the sanwa). i did some calculation: the cost for a SE plus the cost it takes to buy a sanwa stick and buttons comes out to maybe about 20 dollar difference in my case. so you could say you are paying for the extra room/casing and weight. i kept my eye on this baby for a while and it looks cool. i only picked this up because of all the great fighting games this year.

i put a preorder in today at buy.com. who would have thought i would be getting an email tonight stating that it's been shipped

Yeah I gave in, PS3 sticks, I really hate "wasting" money unplaned but there are too many fighting games this year that I'm for sure going to pick up.

I'm going to give it till around when KOF XII or BlazBlue comes out, if not my order will be canceled

[quote name='sinned47']i put a preorder in today at buy.com. who would have thought i would be getting an email tonight stating that it's been shipped[/QUOTE]

GTFO! which one?

[quote name='chunga']Is there really that much of a difference between the TE and SE Sticks?[/quote]

The difference is huge. Having both and getting rid of the se stick. I own a te stick for the 360 and ps3. The stock se is alright if you avoid the metal washer issue, but does not compare at all to the te stick. If you plan on modding the se stick, like I initially planned, it is not that much more for the te when you swap out all the buttons and joystick. I am more than happy with my te.

I have ps3 te stick and tried se stick as well. Although I can't notice any real differences in terms of manuevering moves , but I really do appreciate the quality of te stick.

The ball shaped stick is perfect for me and brought the same style I was used to when I was growing up at my arcades. Buttons feels great and the stick's big enough to have your hand rested without touching the buttons.

If you're looking to mod the se stick to the same sanwa parts, skip the hard parts and just invest on this beast.

Can't wait to play tekken6 and ps2 fighting games when Sony patch the stick to work on ps2 game

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']2 months ago I would have though this was an absurd price, but it's only 40 more dollars than the SE sticks are going on ebay, and those are supposed to be pretty poor quality even for casual fighter ppl (stick and buttons break down)

if I get some income in the next few weeks I'll bite[/QUOTE]

yea, i was thinking the same thing, but if u factor in the fact that sanwa parts are hard to come by and you are craving a good fightstick this is a good deal. I ean lizard lick is behind in orders by at least two months and akihabara shop there's at least a month waiting list.

[quote name='almasy82']Buy.com came through on my 2... Got mine no prob.[/quote]

was this on pre-orders?
if so how long did u wait?

Yes I pre-ordered 2. It said it would ship at end of april when I ordered them. They shipped exactly when the estimated time was. I have ordered from buy.com a large amount and never really had a problem getting things. They seem to manage inventory pretty well. (there are others who have had issue..but I find them easy to deal with...not as good as amazon, but way above a large amount of other companies)

Just dropping in to let everyone know that I posted this thread about 1 minute after I preordered the stick. I have received my order confirmation, but nothing else yet. My experiences with buy.com have all been steller, so I'm hoping this will continue the trend. G'luck!

I pre-ordered from buy.com a few months ago. I received it with no issues. I think the craze has finally died down a bit and these are becoming more available now anyways.

Does anyone know if these TE sticks can be used to play ps2 games on a backwards compatible ps3 yet? Or any info on when that's going to happen? Will the stick work on a ps2 via usb?

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Does anyone know if these TE sticks can be used to play ps2 games on a backwards compatible ps3 yet? Or any info on when that's going to happen? Will the stick work on a ps2 via usb?[/quote]

off of the SRK sticky on these sticks

Q: Do these sticks work with BC games?
A: Yes on the 360, NO on the PS3. This may be changed via update so email Sony

hope this helps

[quote name='deshwasi']anyone who has one on backorder, what does your status say? "sent to warehouse"?[/quote]

Congrats brother ! That means they are readying your stick to ship to you from one of their distribution warehouse and I do speak from experience ! You can call the customer service number and they will tell you the same thing ! SO you are getting your stick fulfilled/shipped real soon like tomorrow or next day at the latest! :applause:

[quote name='deshwasi']anyone who has one on backorder, what does your status say? "sent to warehouse"?[/QUOTE]

i just got my notification too...what what?

wow, great, thanks to the OP, I've been listening to the cagcast for at least 6 months now, but never came to the site. some one linked the list for the best buy $10 games on another forum that i frequent. when i saw it brought me to this site i immediately registered. it was always something that i wanted to do, but never got around to doing.

anyway, i was just looking at all the deals that they have listed on the front page, then i check the other side and saw this thread title. the clouds parted, sunlight shined through and angels started singing. i have had my eye on this stick for a very long time. i didnt get in on the initial preorders when it came out and was left in the cold. i was still using my doa4 stick that i brought 3 years ago, so it was kinda hard for me to justify going out and spending the money. then my stick died on me, it would go left anymore. went inside and saw that the wire came loose. i was able to resolder it, but when i put it back together it wasn't the same. even though i have the parts in the right places for the joystick assembly, they are loose. that is how the wire was able to work itself loose in the first place. i could probably use a rubber band or crazy glue to keep them in place, but my love affair with the stick is over. it kinda boggles my mind that it lasted this long looking at the workmanship.

anyway, i had been looking at ebay seeing the prices that they were going for, and was seriously considering buying one for upwards of $250-$300 bucks. my better sense won out though and i got a $40 fightpad from best buy a couple weeks ago. but lo and behold, it looks like i wont have to become accustomed to the pad again.

:applause:MY THANKS TO CAG AND THE ORTHETIC.:applause:

who would have though that i would find such an amazing deal on my 1st visit. its also kind of funny to think this is a deal and it is retail priced. but for what i almost payed on ebay...

[quote name='v00d00ppl']i just got my notification too...what what?[/quote]

Last time I pre-ordered a TE stick with them, the status changed to "sent to warehouse" right before they shipped ! ;)

[quote name='P1553D']wow, great, thanks to the OP, I've been listening to the cagcast for at least 6 months now, but never came to the site. some one linked the list for the best buy $10 games on another forum that i frequent. when i saw it brought me to this site i immediately registered. it was always something that i wanted to do, but never got around to doing.

anyway, i was just looking at all the deals that they have listed on the front page, then i check the other side and saw this thread title. the clouds parted, sunlight shined through and angels started singing. i have had my eye on this stick for a very long time. i didnt get in on the initial preorders when it came out and was left in the cold. i was still using my doa4 stick that i brought 3 years ago, so it was kinda hard for me to justify going out and spending the money. then my stick died on me, it would go left anymore. went inside and saw that the wire came loose. i was able to resolder it, but when i put it back together it wasn't the same. even though i have the parts in the right places for the joystick assembly, they are loose. that is how the wire was able to work itself loose in the first place. i could probably use a rubber band or crazy glue to keep them in place, but my love affair with the stick is over. it kinda boggles my mind that it lasted this long looking at the workmanship.

anyway, i had been looking at ebay seeing the prices that they were going for, and was seriously considering buying one for upwards of $250-$300 bucks. my better sense won out though and i got a $40 fightpad from best buy a couple weeks ago. but lo and behold, it looks like i wont have to become accustomed to the pad again.

:applause:MY THANKS TO CAG AND THE ORTHETIC.:applause:

who would have though that i would find such an amazing deal on my 1st visit. its also kind of funny to think this is a deal and it is retail priced. but for what i almost payed on ebay...[/quote]

LOL... MSRP on these sticks is a DEAL ! :cool:

BTW, Welcome to CAG community!!!

I ordered mines last night, but I cancel it because they charge me. They said they weren't sure when they will have them though. I though it was a pre-order and they won't charge me until it gets shipped. So do they have them in stock and should I've just waited? It says "Backorder". Everyone says they got a conformation email I did too, but it says processing and "Backorder". Please help thanks. And good luck for those who order and on their way getting their TE Sticks.

BTW I ordered the Xbox 360 one.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Last time I pre-ordered a TE stick with them, the status changed to "sent to warehouse" right before they shipped ! ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up....i can't wait, plus i have a sanwa jlf8 on watch on ebay to hook up to my t5 hori stick for my padhacked project.

[quote name='Xfactor4']LOL... MSRP on these sticks is a DEAL ! :cool:

BTW, Welcome to CAG community!!![/quote]yeah these sticks are a ton of irony.

ebay prices make them look dirt cheap. and LL and AKi being booked till may also help. and all these fighters coming.

:/ hopefully he finds some true gaming deals haha!

[quote name='tenaciousjack']anyone pre-order a ps3 stick?[/QUOTE]

Yup, mine says "Processing" then "Sent to warehouse" two lines below it.

when did you place your order? Mine still says processing.

[quote name='distgfx']Yup, mine says "Processing" then "Sent to warehouse" two lines below it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='v00d00ppl']does it show where the distribution center is located?[/QUOTE]

No sir, sorry. I see the page for the stick now says "Temporarily Sold Out" though... sorry guys.

[quote name='distgfx']No sir, sorry. I see the page for the stick now says "Temporarily Sold Out" though... sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

yea, i am glad, i jumped on this. It will probably be another month before they get some more.

Buy.com is good for this pre-order. I pre-ordered one in February and I received it April which is when they estimated they would receive them.

bread's done
Back