Street Fighter 4 TE Stick - Buy.com Xbox 360 PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

orthetic

CAGiversary!
Buy.com just put up a pre-order for the Tournament Stick. Xbox 360 Version PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

Xbox 360 http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightstick-x360-tourn/q/loc/108/210674151.html

Playstation 3 http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210674142&loc=108

I have received my Tournament Edition from Buy.com!! It was a 7-day turn-around for me from placing the pre-order to receiving the shipped notification.

If you are interested in seeing unboxing pics, please check out here:
http://www.ragingforce.com/index.ph...-stick-unboxing&catid=39:daily-blog&Itemid=59

Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']No sir, sorry. I see the page for the stick now says "Temporarily Sold Out" though... sorry guys.[/quote]

I think this link has always been a "backorder". They always showed "Temporarily Sold Out" even though you could STILL add the item to your cart and checkout for it, I think they call it "getting in line" for when any more are available.

And funny as it was, some people who "got in line" for the backorder('Cuz you really can't call it a pre-order since they have been released for 2 1/2 months already) yesterday are already having their sticks mailed to them already ! WOW...

And Capcom/Digital River still can't get any sticks... lol..

That sold out fast!! Anything on buy.com seems to sell out fast like Amazon.. I'm glad, I finally got mine after waiting for months and months and multiple pre-orders..:cool:

"Sent to warehouse" can still be canceled based on my experience with buy.com but it only happened once, every other order I put on buy.com came through :). The item I ordered which got canceled was a NDS, which at that time was sold out everywhere.

[quote name='v00d00ppl']yea, i was thinking the same thing, but if u factor in the fact that sanwa parts are hard to come by and you are craving a good fightstick this is a good deal. I ean lizard lick is behind in orders by at least two months and akihabara shop there's at least a month waiting list.[/QUOTE]

You are aware you can get sanwa parts on eBay for about the same price....

Out of curiousity what is the "free" shipping through buy.com using? USPS? The same for the TE?

Both of my orders say "Processing" and sent to Warehouse. I don't remember the SE saying that when I first ordered, however the SE said it right away. My SE has been on pre-order for five days or so now with no changes.

[quote name='FlipSide']"Sent to warehouse" can still be canceled based on my experience with buy.com but it only happened once, every other order I put on buy.com came through :). The item I ordered which got canceled was a NDS, which at that time was sold out everywhere.[/QUOTE]

so does that mean I'm not getting it? Like they charged my card already : /

[quote name='ParadoxSeven']are there any good U-Stick style joysticks for the 360? i just don't like the j-stick style, (little ball)[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but these TE sticks are made to be easily moddable, so I'd think swapping out the stick would be an easy task.

Can someone up date me with their order? Did it go through since even though it's still Backordered? I just spoke to them over the phone and they said that they are not sure when it will be shipped. By the way I cancel my order and i still got charged. (Working on getting my funds back.) I got a email too, but it says Ship Date: Backorder.

order status updated to in the shipping process. i'm on pins and needles. thought i might miss out because it didnt accept my cards yesterday and i winding up cancelling my order and placing another of which i did not give them a good card for till almost 2 am last night. :smiles:

[quote name='noire']Placed my 'backorder' this morning for a PS3 one and now it's sent to the warehouse :)[/QUOTE]

i've been on sent to warehouse for the last three days.....any change for anyone else yet?

I am currently in the "Sent to Warehouse" queue as well. Guys, I would not expect this to change for what will probably be a couple weeks at a minimum. I positioned myself into the queue as early as I could expecting to stay there for what may be a month or more. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, I just don't want you folks to have false pretenses.

I went to 2 places locally and they both had 2 instock while looking for a gamepad that I found. Not sure why these are hard to find since they are 150.00 and only play on SF4.

Well, you are correct with one of those comments. It is $150.00 retail. However, I believe you might be misinformed as to being compatible with only Street Fighter 4.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']as far as i know it works with all fighting games well including the few backwards ones.[/QUOTE]

It's a wired controller, it should work fine with Soul Calibur 4 and all Xbox Live games as well (Bionic Commando Rearmed here I come!!). Also, it should work with your PC.

Man, I'm sooo glad I know someone that works at MadCatz. Not only am I going to use it for SFIV but I'm going to enjoy playing Ikaruga, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc.

[quote name='Archgarth']It's a wired controller, it should work fine with Soul Calibur 4 and all Xbox Live games as well (Bionic Commando Rearmed here I come!!). Also, it should work with your PC.[/quote]
It works on damn near everything. I was playing Peggle with it a few weeks ago :lol:

Hopefully nothing will happen to mine when BlazBlue and KoFXII hit this summer. Might have to get some new buttons though :bouncy:

Edit: Oops, meant to quote madgamez.

[quote name='Archgarth']It's a wired controller, it should work fine with Soul Calibur 4 and all Xbox Live games as well (Bionic Commando Rearmed here I come!!). Also, it should work with your PC.[/quote]How well would it work gameplay wise with Bionic Commando? Also yeah it works fine for PC, that's what I'm using mine for. I don't think the PS3 TE works with it yet.

[quote name='MrGranger']I got my TE. Great stick. Too bad I'm so rusty at SFIV.
Definitely worth the $$.[/quote]

did you order it from this thread or from awhile ago? Being lame I held off on buying one and just put one in...probably on the backorder list but here is to hoping!

[quote name='naiku']I would recommend everyone checking the gamestops webpage and find a store near them. http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73049

I was lucky enough to find a GS 40miles from me that said they would hold on to a stick. I guess buy.com isn't the only place getting them in (slowly)...but getting them in.[/QUOTE]

lol! None within 100 miles of my zip or zip codes further from me (I'm in CT).
I'm holding onto these orders till atleast July 7th. I hope to get them before BlazBlue is out and I'm not playing any more fighting games till I get a stick.

I just bought one off of ebay. $192.00 shipped. When you take into account that I didn't have to pay tax, that's only about an extra 30 bucks.

$192 shipped isn't too bad but still giving the scalpers what they want. I don't know if later TE runs will be "more improved" only Markman/Madcatz know. I remember him saying SE sticks of later production would not have washer issues.

^

good point. it would be nice if the lockout switch locked out the back start/select buttons also. I believe there is a mod for that if you wanna void the 150$ joysticks warranty. I dont think its a damaging mod and probably very easy but still noteworthy.

MonstaMack if you got any family out of state that will support you gaming obsession might wanna try their zipcodes also.

Yeah I certainly broke my $1200 obsession this year with the PSP and now these arcade sticks. I know a few people so I'll ask them to look around.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']i want one :( but I also don't really want to pay for something that has no ETA of actually arriving[/QUOTE]

Um, to my knowledge you will not be charged until it actually ships.

[quote name='Archgarth']Um, to my knowledge you will not be charged until it actually ships.[/quote]

Might want to check when you order. I ordered a blu ray player from buy.com and they charged me even though the player was on backorder. I cancelled my order after 2 weeks and they refunded me within a few days.

[quote name='Archgarth']Um, to my knowledge you will not be charged until it actually ships.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that. I pre-ordered with a CC before and got charged, and when I went through Paypal it was automatically charged already. Needless to say they are currently "loaning" my money till they ship these things.

[quote name='v00d00ppl']i've been on sent to warehouse for the last three days.....any change for anyone else yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm still the same.

[quote name='Archgarth']Um, to my knowledge you will not be charged until it actually ships.[/quote]
Like others have said, pretty sure they charge you. It's not like a game pre-order.

[quote name='Wolfman']I just bought one off of ebay. $192.00 shipped. When you take into account that I didn't have to pay tax, that's only about an extra 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Wow, after fees and shipping, I'm betting the seller lost money or barely broke even on this. Looks like the jig is up for the hoarders. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wildcat1080']Like others have said, pretty sure they charge you. It's not like a game pre-order.[/quote]

I wasn't charged until mine shipped.

Funny thing is, I forgot I preordered it from buy.com... so I ended up with an extra TE that I sold to a friend (at actual cost, of course).

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Like others have said, pretty sure they charge you. It's not like a game pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I ordered it almost five days ago and still no charge on my card. Oh well, sorry to cause the confusion everybody.

i cancelled my buy.com order, and for the record they did charge me immediately. i was over in the srk forums and someone mentioned that game crazy had them in stock. so i called the nearest one to me, and they did have it. they also had a ps3 one also. just got finish test driving it on sf4. i got to get used to the square gate, one bonus is that the square gate is excellent for doing guiles super, just hit corner, corner, corner, corner. i ame experiencing trouble with fireballs though, the doa stick was a circle gate. i just got to get used to it. another side bonus to the square gate is i am not having any problems with moves with the fireball motion that end in up forwards, like fei longs kick that goes over fireballs, again, aim for the corner. but otherwise the stick seems to be great. very weighty, sits in your lap and does not move, the buttons are very responsive also. there were a few times i barely brushed by a button and it registered. i have to learn to hover a little higher now.

anyway, check out your game crazy also.

I wish my city had GameCrazy. Is there even any on the east coast? *goes to check website*

edit: Erp, none in Florida as I expected.

No sticks for either platform at Gamestop within 100 miles of me :whistle2:/

Why is there a separate stick for each system? They both use USB, so what's the deal? And would either work with PC too?

I *still* don't know which platform to get it for, and I sure don't want both. Nor do I have a clue why they made so few of these, when you can't walk 5 feet in a store without tripping over plastic guitars and wiimotes and the like.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No sticks for either platform at Gamestop within 100 miles of me :whistle2:/

Why is there a separate stick for each system? They both use USB, so what's the deal? And would either work with PC too?

I *still* don't know which platform to get it for, and I sure don't want both. Nor do I have a clue why they made so few of these, when you can't walk 5 feet in a store without tripping over plastic guitars and wiimotes and the like.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has this security software in their controller chips and without that security clearance it wont see it as an "official microsoft" controller therefore won't recognize it. The best method to do is buy the 360 and do a dual system pcb mod and you should be good.

Oooooh okay. I didn't realize the controllers were locked somehow. (Are Sony's too?)

Even still, couldn't they just have a switch on it or something? Or it has to be licensed and Microsoft wouldn't do it unless it's Xbox only?

Dang annoying having to choose which to get for a $150+ item! (I *still* don't know. So many considerations :whistle2:/ )

[quote name='Monsta Mack']$192 shipped isn't too bad but still giving the scalpers what they want. I don't know if later TE runs will be "more improved" only Markman/Madcatz know. I remember him saying SE sticks of later production would not have washer issues.[/QUOTE]

I only mentioned it because I think it's now easy to pick one up for less than $200.00 on ebay if you don't want to wait. I was fearful that it would be $225 - $250. Maybe the scalpers/hoarders are losing money on this, but it's possible that some of the people selling on ebay paid less than retail for the product. I know that the scalpers seem to be selling it for at least $230.

I'm about ready to settle for a sub-$200 auction. It's giving into the scalpers, but it's basically just a ~$30 convenience fee the way I see it. Could wait a month+ or you could pay an extra $30 or so.

Not letting myself bid anymore than $195 or so though. Have to set a threshold I guess.

bread's done
Back