Street Fighter featuring Jean Claude Van Damme is on SpikeTV right now...

[quote name='2poor']if by crappy you mean classic. tuning in right now.[/QUOTE]
Ag-reed!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Jean-Claude=Worst Guile Ever! :lol:[/QUOTE]
He's completly accurate to the game version.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Did anyone else find Chun Li (Ming Na Wen) hot?[/QUOTE]
Oh yes. But not quite as hot as Cammy- Kylie Minogue :drool:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Jean-Claude=Worst Guile Ever! :lol:[/QUOTE]

C'mon, dude! How can you not mark out for this:

"I'm going to kick... that sonofabitch Bison's ass so hard... that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it! So... who wants to go home... and WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME?!"

:rofl:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']C'mon, dude! How can you not mark out for this:

"I'm going to kick... that sonofabitch Bison's ass so hard... that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it! So... who wants to go home... and WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME?!"

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Well, I got the DVD as a gift from my sister so I have to like it on some level.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']C'mon, dude! How can you not mark out for this:

:rofl:[/QUOTE]
That's just the tip of the iceburg, too. It's got so many good lines.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:

Well, I got the DVD as a gift from my sister so I have to like it on some level.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I found it for $2 brand new, so I bought it. It's not bad. The DVD has a lot of nice features.

And even though he wasn't really the best pick for Bison, you gotta love Raul Julia. He's a great actor.

[quote name='crickett003']Oh yes. But not quite as hot as Cammy- Kylie Minogue :drool:[/QUOTE]

I never knew that was Kylie Minogue. Probably because I didn't even know who she was when I first saw the movie. Or maybe because I was only looking at her legs.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah. I found it for $2 brand new, so I bought it. It's not bad. The DVD has a lot of nice features.

And even though he wasn't really the best pick for Bison, you gotta love Raul Julia. He's a great actor.[/QUOTE]

Raul had a good voice for the role if nothing else.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']I never knew that was Kylie Minogue. Probably because I didn't even know who she was when I first saw the movie. Or maybe because I was only looking at her legs.[/QUOTE]

That was before she starting playing up her sexuality in her music career too so that might have something to do with it.

[quote name='jmcc']That's just the tip of the iceburg, too. It's got so many good lines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, great cheesy lines.

Zangief: If he's a bad guy... why are you helping him?

DeeJay: He paid me a freakin' fortune, man!

Zangief: You got... paid?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Raul had a good voice for the role if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was a terrific actor. He didn't have to jump around or do anything crazy to grab your attention. He didn't even really have to raise his voice to get you sucked into the performance, kinda like Jake Roberts in his promos. That's how good he was.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...i dont remember it sucking this much...its like wating the Mario Bros movie 10 years later....[/QUOTE]

It sucks but kind of in a fun way. It's very camp. Especially the pose at the end. :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It sucks but kind of in a fun way. It's very camp. Especially the pose at the end. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That was classic.

Maybe you should write Universal, Guile. The ending is set up for a sequel, after all. I'm sure that Van Damme isn't busy, either. ;) :lol:

As I said in the OTT, a great piece of...art.

And I probably would have gone a different route for Bison. Raul Julia is a great actor and plays him well, but Bison should probably be, you know, at least somewhat muscular.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']As I said in the OTT, a great piece of...art.

And I probably would have gone a different route for Bison. Raul Julia is a great actor and plays him well, but Bison should probably be, you know, at least somewhat muscular.[/QUOTE]
I don't know. His SF2 incarnation was pretty trim.

I forgot Juwanna Mann was Dee Jay. :rofl:

Saucy, I would be happy to give Universal ideas but I think they feel the original stands on its own. :lol:

[quote name='jmcc']I don't know. His SF2 incarnation was pretty trim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've always noticed that. In SF II, everyone is pretty trim. In every other game, they're all big and bulging with muscles.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I forgot Juwanna Mann was Dee Jay. :rofl:

Saucy, I would be happy to give Universal ideas but I think they feel the original stands on its own. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's a big hit for Universal, though!

It cost $35 million to make, and grossed over $100 million worldwide.

Also, I didn't know this, but apparently Fabio was considered to play Vega.
That would have been cool if they got Ryu to throw a goose in his face and break his nose.

:rofl:

Haha, just realized that Guile's tattoo in the movie is wrong.

If GuilewasNK's Av is accurate, the flag should have been on his left shoulder with the stars towards the front. But in the movie it's on his right shoulder with the stars facing back. That's wrong on two levels.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Haha, just realized that Guile's tattoo in the movie is wrong.

If GuilewasNK's Av is accurate, the flag should have been on his left shoulder with the stars towards the front. But in the movie it's on his right shoulder with the stars facing back. That's wrong on two levels.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that, too. And is it just me, or when he punches Bison and they show a closeup of his arm... the arm looks ridiculous! I mean, JCVD is in shape, but his biceps aren't that huge!

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Haha, just realized that Guile's tattoo in the movie is wrong.

If GuilewasNK's Av is accurate, the flag should have been on his left shoulder with the stars towards the front. But in the movie it's on his right shoulder with the stars facing back. That's wrong on two levels.[/QUOTE]

It was a total bastardization of the mystique that is Guile. True Guile doesn't have English as his second language!

Game Guile has them on both shoulders, I believe, so both are correct.

Edit: though both are inaccurate, in that they have the stars facing back.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Does anyone remember Ryu's amazing hadoken? Instead of showing an actual fireball, they just made the screen go white.[/QUOTE]

What about Ken's Shoryuken/Dragon Punch? He just does a weak uppercut while twirling around. Looked like he was doing ballet or something?

Plus, every time I saw Ken, I wanted to scream, "Miklo! Vatos Locos forever!" :lol:

Hopefully someone gets the reference.

[quote name='jmcc']Game Guile has them on both shoulders, I believe, so both are correct.

Edit: though both are inaccurate, in that they have the stars facing back.[/QUOTE]
Which stars are facing back? In the Av the stars are forward.

In either case, yes, the stars should always be towards the front.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']I wonder how the Tekken movie that Jet Li is going to be in will be. Wait... it's Jet Li.[/QUOTE]

Jet Li is doing Tekken?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Which stars are facing back? In the Av the stars are forward.

In either case, yes, the stars should always be towards the front.[/QUOTE]
In the official art, the right shoulder stars are facing back. If he were any real [US] military man, though, they'd be facing forward.

[quote name='jmcc']In the official art, the right shoulder stars are facing back. If he were any real [US] military man, though, they'd be facing forward.[/QUOTE]
In the official art, gotcha. You'd think they'd do a little research, geez. :roll:

:)

[quote name='TheRock88']Watching it right now with my bro

Another great line:

"Change the channel!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love that line. :lol:

Nice new avatar. :D

[quote name='Saucy Jack']What about Ken's Shoryuken/Dragon Punch? He just does a weak uppercut while twirling around. Looked like he was doing ballet or something?

Plus, every time I saw Ken, I wanted to scream, "Miklo! Vatos Locos forever!" :lol:

Hopefully someone gets the reference.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that from BOUND BY HONOR (BLOOD IN, BLOOD OUT)?? :lol:

Street Fighter is definately a campy, goofy ass movie- but it's one of those flicks that if you're channel surfing and come across it, you'll watch it.

The filmakers wanted to create an old-school style matinee film. You can't fault them for that.

I used to own the soundtrack, actually. It was pretty decent. Wish I still had it.

Yes, the movie sucks to an extent, but it's a fun movie.

[quote name='crickett003']Isn't that from BOUND BY HONOR (BLOOD IN, BLOOD OUT)?? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is.

Damian Chapa played Miklo (and a very good performance, and movie, too) in Bound by Honor... and he played Ken in Street Fighter. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Speaking of SF, I just saw that SF: Generations movie and it sure messed up a lot the old canon.[/QUOTE]

I want to see that since I just finished Street Fighter V a few weeks ago. It messed with the canon a bit too.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, I love that line. :lol:

Nice new avatar. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Guess what, SF is on right now on Spike in my area! :D

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I want to see that since I just finished Street Fighter V a few weeks ago. It messed with the canon a bit too.[/QUOTE]

Generations messes w/ canon a lot more than V did. Seriously, I just can't picture certain ppl the same way anymore. :cry:

this movie was one of the cheesiest peices of crap ever made when I was young I went to the movies thinking this movie was gonna be great a dedication to the classic game and all i could do is bow my head in shame especialy...at the end when they all pose I bet none of them put this movie on there resume.

bread's done
Back