Street Fighter IV Fight Pads in Stock (Again)

gmsisko1

CAGiversary!
I know some people said they had problems with them the last time. I just got an e mail saying that they finally shipped last night.

If you use a credit card to order, you should be okay.
(You can always do a charge back if they bill you and do not deliver)

This might be the only way to get these things.

Still, never count your eggs untill they are chicken!

http://www.toysnjoys.com/streetfighteraccess.html

This company is a pain in the ass to get your money back from, btw. I ordered something from them a couple years ago which was "in stock" on the website. It got backordered after about a week. I called up a few days later and had the slowest guy in the world process a refund. For some reason, it took like another 10 days to get my money in my account.

they are located in hawaii ... i've visited their shop and it's mostly like a moms and pops shop. They have nice rare stuff but i guess their refunds is slow.

[quote name='OGHowie']Did people even get their pads last time?[/quote]

Yep. I got a Blanka and Chun-Li fightpad from them with no problems like a week or so ago.;) My results were in the other thread that got moved to the Graveyard link here

I went to their store last time I was in Hawaii. Nice place and definitely worth a visit. If you are going to order from them, however, I suggest doing it over the phone as their internet ordering system is not accurate and mediocre at best.

I would be careful with them. My first order with them was fine. The second order they "accidentally" substituted an arcade stick worth $40 for the $80 stick that I ordered (without a price adjustment). I decided to keep the stick and get a partial refund since I was too lazy to mail the stick back. I decided that any company can make a mistake so I ordered a third time. This time they substituted a mangled used game for the new one I ordered. I emailed them and their excuse was, "We just wanted to make sure you got the game." This time I mailed the game back. I eventually got a refund (after several reminders) but it definitely was not worth it.

I'm not the only one who has had such experiences. There were once entire threads on CAG devoted solely to people screwed by toysnjoys.

Buyer beware.

yeah, they're another game store that gets alerted as to when their items are worth more than they're selling them, then screws you over as a result. there are a ton of those places these days...I don't mind ebayers, but irresponsibly handling customers is just wrong.

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, they're another game store that gets alerted as to when their items are worth more than they're selling them, then screws you over as a result. there are a ton of those places these days...I don't mind ebayers, but irresponsibly handling customers is just wrong.[/quote]

Just noticed this... Some of the fightpads have now magically gone up to $59.95 !?! :roll:

I bought mine from them for $39.95 which is msrp.

Didn't realize they snuck in the price changes like that just because they had TE sticks marked up $30 at $179.99

Funny thing is they sent me an email last night telling me they were sorry they could not fulfill my akuma fightpad order, but they said they had all 4 different pads of both Xbox 360 and PS3(which may or may not be truthful) and wanted to know if I wanted to get one of those instead.

I told them, sure I will take Ken and Ryu since I got Chun-Li and Blanka before from them and I asked them if they were still the same price at $39.95, I would take them. Of course I never got an email back after multiple messages. Then I look at the website, viola was $39.95 up to $59.95. LOL.. With shipping of $10 US, you'd likely get them cheaper or no worse than same price off EBAY and at least know what you are getting in the listing because of the item picture in hand. :lol:

My opinion of these guys is shifting swiftly....

I ordered 2 Saturn Pads for Playstation 2... They sent one after like two weeks and never sent the other. I had to go through Paypal's refund process to get the money back for the second controller. They wouldn't reply to emails.

Well,
I just got mine from Toys N Joys. They shipped them late, and their shipping cost is high, but I did get them.

If you order from them, you should get your order. You might have to stay on them with phone calls.

Be sure to use a credit card.

bought 2 of them.

They're very comfortable to use but they're pieces of $#%!. Worked once and never worked again. The kids at Gamestop told me they've been getting returns on these things everytime they come in stock.

I returned both and got my 80 bucks back.

I had a horrible experience the first time ordering. Sent an e-mail saying the pads shipped. A week later got an e-mail saying they were out of stock on those particular pads so I picked different characters. Two to three weeks later sent three e-mails and tried calling with no response. Had to open a PayPal dispute to get my money back. I would definitely recommend anyone but them.

[quote name='anubis20']saw a ryu fightpad at gamestop today, i wouldnt touch those things with a 10 ft pole[/quote]

Why? What's the deal?

[quote name='Jodou']Buttons are supposedly stickier than a wanked magazine.[/quote]

you know i just hate when people just assume things that they have heard such as this or "vista sucks because my friends and their friends told me so". No its not because vista sucks its because your source lacks common sense in the area of computers.

My bro had a RYU fightpad 360 and it was fine. He didn't like the shoulder buttons but that was it. I sold it to another CAG for cost when he picked up a joystick.

I use this.

I've bought two of them, and have never had a single problem. The left analog stick doesn't feel as solid, but it's expected since the whole d-pad and analog piece can be easily removed from its place.

One negative review could be chalked up to a bad controller, but the second one is stupid (Windows XP guy). I plugged these into WinXP 32, 64 and Vista without any problems. I use them in games and with emulators. Obviously, they are not as good as stick for SF IV, but it's way better than the original d-pad. The added bonus is they are actually useful for other titles.

I apologize for typo(s), I am typing this from work on my MSI Wind. :)

[quote name='Jodou']Buttons are supposedly stickier than a wanked magazine.[/quote]

I'll see your "supposedly" based on what heard 2nd hand, and raise you a "don't" based on my actual experience with the pad. The buttons work flawlessly.

BS, I have a Ryu Fightpad and it's fine. Maybe the others were defective, I don't know, I had no problems with mine whatsoever since I bought it when it came out. Btw, I have a PS3 Ryu and a 360 Ryu as well. Both are fine so far. But I did get one small problem with my PS3 Ryu fightpad. Took it out, put it to play on my PS3 and the up d-pad was kind of 'glued' in the upward position, my character was just jumping, simply trick was to press down on the d-pad and everything was fine. No problems after that small incident.

[quote name='liquidgraffiti']BS, I have a Ryu Fightpad and it's fine. Maybe the others were defective, I don't know, I had no problems with mine whatsoever since I bought it when it came out. Btw, I have a PS3 Ryu and a 360 Ryu as well. Both are fine so far. But I did get one small problem with my PS3 Ryu fightpad. Took it out, put it to play on my PS3 and the up d-pad was kind of 'glued' in the upward position, my character was just jumping, simply trick was to press down on the d-pad and everything was fine. No problems after that small incident.[/quote]

The same thing happened to my PS3 ryu fightpad...I'm worried that other buttons may stick as well. I'm hopping the fightsticks come back in stock so I can get one.

[quote name='liquidgraffiti']BS, I have a Ryu Fightpad and it's fine. Maybe the others were defective, I don't know, I had no problems with mine whatsoever since I bought it when it came out. Btw, I have a PS3 Ryu and a 360 Ryu as well. Both are fine so far. But I did get one small problem with my PS3 Ryu fightpad. Took it out, put it to play on my PS3 and the up d-pad was kind of 'glued' in the upward position, my character was just jumping, simply trick was to press down on the d-pad and everything was fine. No problems after that small incident.[/quote]

This is what mine did, except it happened around 30 times within the first two days, and it took way more than a single press to fix. :S

[quote name='helmet']This is what mine did, except it happened around 30 times within the first two days, and it took way more than a single press to fix. :S[/quote]

Same here. Worked beautifully for about 2 hours. Then on the second day the d-pad started registering random directions being pressed. I've had it four days now and it is pretty much always registering down as being pressed.

On the upside, it's super comfortable, and would be everything I'm looking for in a pad. If it only worked.

chun-li and blanka ps3 pads appear to be in stock on amazon with free prime/super saver right now as of this posting - 3 blankas left and 4 chun lis.

[quote name='s2k']you know i just hate when people just assume things that they have heard such as this or "vista sucks because my friends and their friends told me so". No its not because vista sucks its because your source lacks common sense in the area of computers.[/QUOTE]

No, Vista really does suck. It has gotten better since the last Service Pack but I'm still not a fan. But I understand your point about circulating rumors without firsthand knowledge.

[quote name='CaoPi']save your money and get a stick, don't bother with this garbage pad[/QUOTE]

While I agree you should get a stick instead, this pad is most certainly not garbage.

I have one of these fightpads for the 360 and I haven't touched it since I got the Hori ex fighting stick. Might as well be in the trash for all I care.

Well I have a Ryu fight pad that I don't use.... I'm wiling to let it go for 50.00. If anyone interested hit me up.

[quote name='jmoney18']Well I have a Ryu fight pad that I don't use.... I'm wiling to let it go for 50.00. If anyone interested hit me up.[/QUOTE]

How about $20?

This might be YMMV, but I scored me two 360 fight pads (Ryu & Ken) at 2 different Best Buys. If anyone is interested of owning one, check your local BB. There might be one in stock.

bread's done
Back