Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='The 7th Number']Holy shit. Everytime i go to do my ultra they jump over it. Even ken just jumped over it and it should have hit him. But when Akuma does his ultra against me and my cammy was supposed to jump over him easily, the game makes her fall short right in front of him. fucking BS. There is no doubt in my mind cammy should have jumped over akuma easy. But man, i need help doing my ultras. I almost never connect them anymore and its the reason why i lose so much.

EDIT..... awww shit.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean with the Akuma/Cammy thing. I played my friend that did the same thing. I'm pretty sure I know my jumps with cammy and where they will land and how high/far they go. I recommend combo-ing into Cammy's Ultra/Super. Drill Kick>Super/Ultra always gets them or HK to the head then Super/Ultra. Also a good way is to bypass their fireballs and sweeps. If you catch them upclose with one of those animations they will always get caught. Do not cannon spike into a super you will mostly likely miss, you will also miss if you try to catch them when they are coming down from a jump. You need perfect timing for that, most the time they will block or you will go right pass them.

Last Tip: If they pick Sagat, don't pick Cammy. Sagat is a Cammy killer. It takes too much effort to kill him and little or no effort on their side to kill you. But if you're fast and can get in close, then you'll have a good chance.

I'm no Cammy expert, but Cammy is one of my mains. I too bought the fempack. And I like your Sig pic.

[quote name='greyzieoriental'][quote name='The 7th Number']

Last Tip: If they pick Sagat, don't pick Cammy. Sagat is a Cammy killer. It takes too much effort to kill him and little or no effort on their side to kill you. But if you're fast and can get in close, then you'll have a good chance.

I'm no Cammy expert, but Cammy is one of my mains. I too bought the fempack. And I like your Sig pic.[/QUOTE]

Sagat is almost an everything killer. E.Honda cant even jump over his standing Tiger Soul.

[quote name='integralsmatic'][quote name='greyzieoriental']

Sagat is almost an everything killer. E.Honda cant even jump over his standing Tiger Soul.[/quote]

I love squashing Sagat players with Balrog.

I have a question for those who play Cammy (or any character with a QC airborne move). In a bunch of videos I've been watching, they seem to be able to pull off her cannon strike (QCB in air while jumping forward) almost immediately after her jump.

I can't get for the life of me pull this move off that quickly (the earliest I get it is at the apex of her jump). I've recently learned about the idea of tiger kneeing (TK), but that wouldn't work because the move is a QCB.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah, I found this

Basically to get it to come out as fast as possible you do D, DB, B, UB, U, UF + K

So looks like it is almost a 360 motion to pop it off that fast - I'll need to test this later today

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']g's are glitched.[/quote]

Then add Y's to that as well. Also caused a line to go about 3/4 of the way to the Timer under my Health bar.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Holy shit. Everytime i go to do my ultra they jump over it. Even ken just jumped over it and it should have hit him. But when Akuma does his ultra against me and my cammy was supposed to jump over him easily, the game makes her fall short right in front of him. fucking BS. There is no doubt in my mind cammy should have jumped over akuma easy. But man, i need help doing my ultras. I almost never connect them anymore and its the reason why i lose so much.

[/quote]
I've found that with Cammy landing ultras needs to be precise or you'll whiff some hits. Also depending on your play style people are able to adjust to your Ultras. If you use Cannon Drill alot most opponents start learning to also block low. My advice would be cancel into it from cannon drill or focus attack to crumple then land. Start up on the ultra seems pretty large as well so ultra on wakeup doesn't seem to work often.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I have a question for those who play Cammy (or any character with a QC airborne move). In a bunch of videos I've been watching, they seem to be able to pull off her cannon strike (QCB in air while jumping forward) almost immediately after her jump.

I can't get for the life of me pull this move off that quickly (the earliest I get it is at the apex of her jump). I've recently learned about the idea of tiger kneeing (TK), but that wouldn't work because the move is a QCB.

Any ideas?[/quote]
Not sure if this works with cammy or not but with Dhalsim's teleport (dp+PPP or KKK) you can "instant teleport" by inputting dp,uf/ub+PPP/KKK and what happens is he jumps slightly off the ground THEN teleports and reappears in the air allowing you to instantly start attacking. Regular ground teleports are sloppy and easily punishable since he has to come out of his animation then land then allow input. Try doing QCB, UF.

hey so i had a question for everyone. so i checked the gamestop store locator and it says that they have the limited edition in stock but when i called they say no. usually i would believe them but considering the whole hug sf4 thing idk should i check anyways? what are y'alls experience? trust the people or the locator lol

[quote name='The Chop Suey']hey so i had a question for everyone. so i checked the gamestop store locator and it says that they have the limited edition in stock but when i called they say no. usually i would believe them but considering the whole hug sf4 thing idk should i check anyways? what are y'alls experience? trust the people or the locator lol[/quote]

If you called and they said no, odds are they don't have it or its opened anyway.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']hey so i had a question for everyone. so i checked the gamestop store locator and it says that they have the limited edition in stock but when i called they say no. usually i would believe them but considering the whole hug sf4 thing idk should i check anyways? what are y'alls experience? trust the people or the locator lol[/quote]
Locators usually are not up to the minute updated. I'd trust people. Yourself more specifically and go into the store and check.

If it is not to far from you I would go check it out. Chances are that the employee that answered the phone wants it and has put it up. Then again if that is what happend then you run the risk of talking to them when you get there and them saying the same thing just so they can have it.

EDIT..... awww shit.[/quote]

Are you just throwing out the Ultra in the hope that it connects? Ideally, Ultras should be comboed into or used to punish whiffed/blocked attacks. Throwing them out at any other time makes them pretty blockable for the most part. The easiest time to connect with an Ultra is after a successfully executed Focus Attack and the opponent is in a crumple state.

Otherwise, try the challenge mode with Cammy to find more combos.

That sucks about the disconnect. People are retarded.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Last night i rapped it up with overall 300 games played, 101 wins, 199 losses. I always play 1 round matches though. Just because if i dont, i dont know if i would actually win. LOL. But i dont mind playing 3 or 5 rounds among friends.

I am wondering if anyone else is finding certain stages to have really washed out backgrounds (the jungle and distillery in particular).

[quote name='ddhex27']I am wondering if anyone else is finding certain stages to have really washed out backgrounds (the jungle and distillery in particular).[/QUOTE]

elaborate please?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']elaborate please?[/QUOTE]

Those two levels seem to have really faded out colors compared to all the other levels - looking almost like the brightness on the tv was cranked too high or black levels need to be adjusted.

I initially thought my TV was acting up and tried to adjust black and brightness levels thinking it was a gamma issue.

[quote name='ddhex27']I am wondering if anyone else is finding certain stages to have really washed out backgrounds (the jungle and distillery in particular).[/quote]
I noticed that too, it looked especially weird with Akuma and Cammy, (Akuma looked like his GI was glowing and Cammy's green outfit looked dark blue). spent 10 minutes adjusting the TV settings before I realized it was the game.

Does anybody have any suggestions for clearing Time Attack level 11? I got to Balrog once but I have a lot of trouble with Blanka and Zangief. I figured I should ask for help here first before I yell "HELP!!!" at the top of my lungs, hoping to have the Elite Beat Agents show up, only to have it be the fire department instead.:p

[quote name='BlueSwim']Does anybody have any suggestions for clearing Time Attack level 11? I got to Balrog once but I have a lot of trouble with Blanka and Zangief. I figured I should ask for help here first before I yell "HELP!!!" at the top of my lungs, hoping to have the Elite Beat Agents show up, only to have it be the fire department instead.:p[/quote]

Use Zangief, Forwards + LP+MP+HP. Thats what i used for most of the last levels except the ones where you cant use a special move.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Use Zangief, Forwards + LP+MP+HP. Thats what i used for most of the last levels except the ones where you cant use a special move.[/quote]
Ah! Thank you! I'll give that a shot.:D:D:D

Soooo...

I went to BB and they had one last SFIV FightPad (Ken). I was actually hoping to find Chun-Li.

Now, to sell on eBay, or to open and use it? Nobody happens to have a sealed Chun-Li they want for Ken, do they?

For anybody that has used one, how's the D-pad?

I seriously think this game is damaging my 360 controller. Every day all my moves get less and less responsive. I am having to input commands 2 or 3 times to get them to work now.

Anyone else with a 360 controller having these issues?

I dont know if Capcom could have done anything but this is bullshit....there had to be a way to make the game pad more responsive. I dont think I should be shoe horned into buying some 150 dollar game pad just to play.

And remember I am Blanka has Blanka no long combos here.

Also, any other Blanka players know what moves Blanka can do on wake up? I seeming can never do the shock right on wake up. I think about how quick the damn instant shinruken is and I dont think I can blanka ball or shock that fast.

Umm Soodmeg you can get a $40 FightPad or $80 SE stick to play as well... Or even a $60 Hori Fighting Stick EX2. Please don't say dumb things.

Dude, are you kidding me? The fightpad is completely pointless unless you just wanted a cool looking controller. Yeah the buttons are on the face but its still in the shape of a pad.

The Madcatz SE? $$$$a please. Nothing but complaints about them. Isnt that the one where you suggested that you should buy it but then replace some of the parts in it?

The last one you mentioned cant comment dont know what it is.

EDIT: Also where are you getting your prices from?

Those are the retail prices. The FightPad is 10 times better for this game or most fighting games than a regular 360 controller. It's not as nice as a stick but still a viable option.

The SE stick is actually a pretty good controller too except for the manufacturing defects, but those will be taken care of soon. Plus it's nice that they're upgradeable.

In what ways are the fight pads better? I looked at one and it at least looked no different than a....Titans game pad or a Metal Gear Solid game pad or any special edition blockbuster release game pad.

Ummm, its made by Madcatz? They lost all of their, "benefit of the doubt" privileges a long long time ago.

If there is any company out there that is completely guilty until proven twice to be innocent its MadCatz.

Granted I didnt actually play with one...I watched my friend use his against one of his friends and it didnt look like he had any easier time getting moves off....but that might be due to him sucking.

This information is all readily available, Soodmeg. That's why I have to question your intentions.

But yes, as 7th Number said, the d-pad is far, far better than the standard Xbox 360 d-pad. It's also far superior to trying to use an analog stick. Plus the 6 button layout makes moves and especially combos far easier to do as well.

Now you know. If the numerous positive impressions and positive reviews of the FightPad can't change your mind, then obviously nothing can help you. And the FightStick SE is very well reviewed too, though as I said we know many have a minor manufacturing defect.

Wait, so if a company has a LONG LONG track record of making really bad products its a knock against me to question the quality of one of their newest products? You want to talk about saying dumb things...I think thats up there especially given the fact that their SE stick had people complaining about it right after launch and you yourself said it had manufacturers defects.

Now I will admit I didnt really bother reading reviews of a gamepad (although I dont trust 98% of review sites anyway) made from a company that produces really bad gamepads. But with you and 7th suggestions I might look into it .But its ridiculous to question my intentions when talking about a company that has a track record like Madcatz.

Its about has ridiculous as suggesting to buy a 150 product just to take it apart and fill it with 60 bucks worth of parts.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wait, so if a company has a LONG LONG track record of making really bad products its a knock against me to question the quality of one of their newest products? You want to talk about saying dumb things...I think thats up there especially given the fact that their SE stick had people complaining about it right after launch and you yourself said it had manufacturers defects.

Now I will admit I didnt really bother reading reviews of a gamepad (although I dont trust 98% of review sites anyway) made from a company that produces really bad gamepads. But with you and 7th suggestions I might look into it .But its ridiculous to question my intentions when talking about a company that has a track record like Madcatz.

Its about has ridiculous as suggesting to buy a 150 product just to take it apart and fill it with 60 bucks worth of parts.[/quote]

Back to whining because you suck at the game huh?

I am whining about sucking at the game? I could have sworn we were talking about the quality of Madcatz and the fightpads now?

Do you guys just make this shit up or what? Also I could have sworn I had more BP than most people in here. Dont quote me on that though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am whining about sucking at the game? I could have sworn we were talking about the quality of Madcatz and the fightpads now?

Do you guys just make this shit up or what? Also I could have sworn I had more BP than most people in here. Dont quote me on that though.[/quote]

You start whining about the game and your controller. Someone suggests some options and you whine about that. Nope, not making anything up. How do you know you have more BP than anyone and what does that really mean? You could play 10x as much as anyone else here? So what? What gets me is, you claim to have all this BP, yet you fucking whine incessantly about other players and how you can't do this or that. Seriously, you don't even know Blanka's wake ups? Please.

@Soodmeg My 360 controller is working good. I use the analog thumb stick for everything. I have a little over 40 hours clocked in. All of which is very abusive play. Lots of "back, forward kick, back, forward kick". can't believe i didn't snap the thing off. :/

One thing i noticed is even the slightest bit of lag in multiplayer compared to training/arcade mode makes me go insane. Hate adjusting to that shit.

[quote name='eastx']
Now you know. If the numerous positive impressions and positive reviews of the FightPad can't change your mind, then obviously nothing can help you. And the FightStick SE is very well reviewed too, though as I said we know many have a minor manufacturing defect.[/quote]

You might have edited this after I made my post but I will still address it.

You are now just assuming things for the sake painting me into a corner. I said I never read a review of it (pad not SE) I simply looked at it and thought to myself, "The last 20 or so Madcatz products my friends and I have purchased throughout the years have sucked, this doesnt look much better."

Which seems to me like a fair assessment. Though you made it seem like no one has every questioned the quality of a product made from a company known for making bad products.

Now for the SE being the first sticks I checked out and being the sole reason why I didnt check out the fight pad. I did indeed check into them and I saw a list of complaints about it sticking. Then upon more researched found out it was made out of Madcatz parts. The very company that is known for making bad parts.

I guess the biggest difference between us is that you apparently dont care if about a companies track record and I do.

I again fully admit that I should have researched the actually fight pads but I dont think is a far cry that I might an asumption of their quality based off the all the other evidence.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You might have edited this after I made my post but I will still address it.

You are now just assuming things for the sake painting me into a corner. I said I never read a review of it (pad not SE) I simply looked at it and thought to myself, "The last 20 or so Madcatz products my friends and I have purchased throughout the years have sucked, this doesnt look much better."

Which seems to me like a fair assessment. Though you made it seem like no one has every questioned the quality of a product made from a company known for making bad products.

Now for the SE being the first sticks I checked out and being the sole reason why I didnt check out the fight pad. I did indeed check into them and I saw a list of complaints about it sticking. Then upon more researched found out it was made out of Madcatz parts. The very company that is known for making bad parts.

I guess the biggest difference between us is that you apparently dont care if about a companies track record and I do.

I again fully admit that I should have researched the actually fight pads but I dont think is a far cry that I might an asumption of their quality based off the all the other evidence.[/quote]

I care that a someone who is on this forum that works with Mad Catz has talked up the controllers to the point that I wanted a $150 TE Fight Stick. And guess what, it works absolutely perfect. Now what?

[quote name='Rig']Soooo...

I went to BB and they had one last SFIV FightPad (Ken). I was actually hoping to find Chun-Li.

Now, to sell on eBay, or to open and use it? Nobody happens to have a sealed Chun-Li they want for Ken, do they?

For anybody that has used one, how's the D-pad?[/quote]

If you really want to play the game, I'd say just use it. Your profit could be great or it could be just $10-15 depending on your auction.

As for the pad, it's not as good as the Saturn pad (personal opinion.) However, it's 1000x better than using the regular x360 controller to play this particular game. It's also pretty good for most x360 Live Arcade games that are in 2-D.

[quote name='naiku']@Soodmeg My 360 controller is working good. I use the analog thumb stick for everything. I have a little over 40 hours clocked in. All of which is very abusive play. Lots of "back, forward kick, back, forward kick". can't believe i didn't snap the thing off. :/

One thing i noticed is even the slightest bit of lag in multiplayer compared to training/arcade mode makes me go insane. Hate adjusting to that shit.[/quote]

Thanks for the actually response to the original question. Maybe my controller just is bad. I let my brother borrow my other controllers so I will switch it out really quick and see if that works.

[quote name='mike.m']You start whining about the game and your controller. Someone suggests some options and you whine about that. Nope, not making anything up. How do you know you have more BP than anyone and what does that really mean? You could play 10x as much as anyone else here? So what? What gets me is, you claim to have all this BP, yet you fucking whine incessantly about other players and how you can't do this or that. Seriously, you don't even know Blanka's wake ups? Please.[/quote]

As for you...you are coming off a little too gamefaqs (try to use whine less) for me and being a douche.

We have all been in here making comments about this player or that asking how to do this move or that. So cut the bull with those claims it makes you sound you are reaching for stuff to go on about.

Also, I have taken 7th and Excast (sp hopefully I spelled that right sorry if I didnt) comments, admitted that I needed to look into the fight pad themsevles. No harm no foul, no biggie.

You guys get worked up really easy. As bring it back to a normal tone.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thanks for the actually response to the original question. Maybe my controller just is bad. I let my brother borrow my other controllers so I will switch it out really quick and see if that works.

As for you...you are coming off a little too gamefaqs (try to use whine less) for me and being a douche.

We have all been in here making comments about this player or that asking how to do this move or that. So cut the bull with those claims it makes you sound you are reaching for stuff to go on about.

Also, I have taken 7th and Excast (sp hopefully I spelled that right sorry if I didnt) comments, admitted that I needed to look into the fight pad themsevles. No harm no foul, no biggie.

You guys get worked up really easy. As bring it back to a normal tone.[/quote]

Think what you want, I didn't come in here claiming to be some hot dog BP hoarder yet have complained about the game since day 1.

[quote name='mike.m']I care that a someone who is on this forum that works with Mad Catz has talked up the controllers to the point that I wanted a $150 TE Fight Stick. And guess what, it works absolutely perfect. Now what?[/quote]

You were not involved in the original topic yet you are flying out of left field simply to throw insults around because you what? Bought a TE fight stick and someone else doesnt like it?

Which by the way if you pulled your head out of your ass for a second and actually followed the topic we were not talking about the TE sticks but the SE sticks having problems. :roll:

Next time lets read the full post before making comments about the user.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You were not involved in the original topic yet you are flying out of left field simply to throw insults around because you what? Bought a TE fight stick and someone else doesnt like it?

Which by the way if you pulled your head out of your ass for a second you actually followed the topic we were not talking about the TE sticks but the SE sticks having problems. :roll:

Next time lets read the full post before making comments about the user.[/quote]

I believe your point was that you didn't want to get Mad Catz the benefit of the doubt because of their track record. Well, I did and I'm perfectly happy with my purchase. THAT's the topic I thought, or maybe you just want to change it up at your whim. Either way, I'm done with you.

Oh, and the classic gamefaqs "I'm done with you." comment.

Thats fine. But realize that happens when you come half way into a conversation already fully cocked to toss around lumber.

I am glad you are happy with your purchase. But sadly the topic wasnt, "Mike.m is happy with his purchase so I should be also."

lol, Soodmeg. If you've tried playing any fighting game on a 360 d-pad, you know it's broken. This isn't Capcom's fault. Go blame Microsoft. Capcom and Madcatz are the only ones providing legitimate alternatives. The d-pad complaints started around the time of Dead or Alive 4 and haven't stopped. You're not being shoehorned into spending money for accessories. You're being given new opportunities for accessories that Microsoft refuses to make themselves.

If you're interested, the Madcatz Fightpad is quite possibly the best D-pad I've used in my entire life. It IS different from the 360 pad and loosely resembles the Saturn pad. It performs wonderfully. For me, there was absolutely no adjustment period. I pretty much never miss a move now because of inputs...Uunfortunately, a lot of the pads are defective too, so you have to get a replacement via Madcatz. Madcatz design for this product? Amazing. Quality control? Not so good. Apparently, they're beating the factories in China right now for the stupid shit they've done to these products for the inital launches. The later shipments should be notably better.

In any case, if you're breaking your 360 pad, go whine and bitch to Microsoft for downplaying the importance of a consistent d-pad.

Oh, and the reason why everyone's up in arms about you using Madcatz history against it? It's because everyone was having this argument half a year ago regarding the accessory lineup for Street Fighter IV. Most of us are tired of it. Not that this says anything about you, of course, but we've all been reading up on these products since they were announced... watching how they've changed designs and the defects associated with some of the items. Frankly, I'm past inital reactions of "Holy Eff, Madcatz is shite" and am surprised when I hear the dismissive argument again.

That I will GuardianE that I will. Thanks for the info. Yeah, this is the first legit fighting game I have invested in this console cycle so I dont know all the ins and outs. I was on MvC forever for Dreamcast and Ps2.

So it boils down to this then? When working...its the best thing you can have aside from the TE sticks....but it does have a tendency to break.

2 full pages of going back and forth and thats the best most honest answer I got. And its not dripping in sarcasm or insults.

Oh I see the problem here you are still kinda new.....

EDIT to respond to Guards Edit:

Thats cool. But given I wasnt here a half year ago, I didnt know about any of this but I can see where that could be a problem. Also I really wasnt trying to use the BP as a point of my awsomeness just as a point of the fact that my statement are not breed from the fact that I suck at the game. Its just to counter the sheer stupidity of "complaints = skill" like if you have a problem with anything in the game it must only be because you suck at it. Although I am not that great at this either.

But wasnt this what SFIV was suppose to be about? Bring all the old guys back and striking a cord with the casual fan?

So all in all its cool Mad Catz redeems itself a little in my eyes and I fully admit I was wrong about the sticks. Big enough man to do so. although I still say it was a fair assumption to knock Mad Catz given their track record.

Here's what I've noticed... and I hope that people start to take notice as well or Madcatz releases a statement.

There is a lot of negative talk on the internet out there about the Fightpad. It's my belief that these people have faulty controllers. It's not immediately apparent that your controller is faulty, unless you've had the pleasure of using a non-faulty controller. I played on my 360 Fightpad and it was a beautiful thing. I was so happy. I then used my PS3 Fightpad.

To my surprise, diagonals registered worse (harder to input) and eventually the stick would register directions even when in the neutral position. I called Madcatz and will get a replacement.

It sucks because to prove themselves, Madcatz really needed a flawless run. They didn't get it. The design is remarkable, and that's no surprise considering the consultants they hired for the job (MarkMan for one), but the factories they're using are obviously low quality... slapping shit together. Out-of-box defectives are a big no no. Especially if your reputation is that of making shit products. Alls I can say is that at least they're headed in the right direction. Can't say if gamers will care once they get it 100% right, though.

bread's done
Back