Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='JDMxB']Tell me about it, i'm contemplating buying a second stick to customize "just in case" someone comes over and wants to play. Don't know when the last time someone was over to play on an arcade stick either![/QUOTE]

I bought 2 TE's. One for me and one for my friends when they come over. I wanted the Arcade experience in my living room, also wanted to make everything fair. No bitching about one having a joystick and the other using a controller type thing.

Since I've started playing fighting games using a stick, I don't even want to play any game without using a stick. I haven't played a FPS in months.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I bought 2 TE's. One for me and one for my friends when they come over. I wanted the Arcade experience in my living room, also wanted to make everything fair. No bitching about one having a joystick and the other using a controller type thing.

Since I've started playing fighting games using a stick, I don't even want to play any game without using a stick. I haven't played a FPS in months.[/QUOTE]

Good choice on the TE sticks. I originally bought the SE stick for my 360 because I was cheap. The stick is kinda loose, and the buttons suck. One of them didn't even respond like 80% of the time anymore. I bought all Sanwa parts (except for LB/LT buttons, never use those) and it made a world of difference in feel and quality. At least I get colorful buttons :D

[quote name='greyzieoriental']

Since I've started playing fighting games using a stick, I don't even want to play any game without using a stick. I haven't played a FPS in months.[/QUOTE]

Same with me lol. For me, I think it's mostly that I can't be bothered to change controllers to play another game, or sign-out and sign-in again just to change controllers.

Started playing Championship mode a few days ago. I used to win most of my games in Ranked (I just use quick match), but I get destroyed in Championship :( I'm only ranked G3-B now.

Hello everyone. I would like to get some of your opinions on this. I'm thinking about picking up a SF game for the 360. Now, I've only dabbled in fighters a few times a long time ago, so this is relatively new to me. The questions I have: 1)Should I pick up SF4 or SuperSF4? 2)Can SF4 players play with SuperSF4 players online? 3)I'm not planning on devoting my life to it, so would online still be fun for me as a casual player or will I just get totally annihilated each time. 4)On a side note, would MvC2 on xbox live also be an enjoyable game for a casual online player? Thanks for your input.
-ps: I do have an x-arcade stick, so all I would need is to get the plug for the 360, so I'm not going to kill myself using the 360 controller.

Long ass post....

1) SSF4

2) no

3)
its fun since it matches people w/ around the same battle points as you. you have to lose before you can win...so dont expect to just blast through 10 people without losing any games.

The match making is a little wonky where it sometimes puts me against a much higher bp player...but i never felt over matched so I dont think its all that bad. mainly is puts me against people around the same battle points as me so not a big deal.

SSF4 has Tournament+Team Matches + Endless battle + Ranked Matches/Player Matches. A lot of options so you can have fun while playing ssf4. ssf4 is more balanced than sf4 where sagat's fierce TU combo would do way to much damage + s.LK would combo into a tigershot which was pretty vicious. the tweaks done to ssf4 allows characters like blanka able to handle a dude spamming fireballs w/ Ultra2. Every character has a second ultra which really helps a lot of characters out + 10 new characters.

finally...everyone is playing ssf4, in the SSF4 thread on cag people are starting another GT for people who are just learning the game. It should be easy for you to find a match vs people of the same skill or slightly better on CAG. Its good to play better players to learn from mistakes and to find out what is safe on block, what is not & how spamming a shoryuken will get u punished or always jumping at a guy isn't the smartest move.

4) mvc2 on xbox could be fun? I normally play mag/storm/sent which is sorta OP vs people who pick ryu, guile, ironman or whatever. There are a lot of players for MVC2 who dont pick top tier which is fun. I dont believe there is much going on in the way of matches w/ cags though.

Last
i dont know how your experience is with the x-arcade stick. I had one for ps2+dreamcast which was fine for awhile but eventually the board would randomly do inputs like up..or down. which was pretty annoying having my character just jump in the air while i was walking backwards. I didn't find it all that reliable, I dont know how your experience is with it but those mad catz TE sticks are seriously sick. i beat the crap out of the TE in mvc2 doing tri-jumps with mag + rom and its still super responsive and rock solid over a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back