Street Fighter IV PS3 Official Discussion Thread

gonna get the CE.

will the standard sf4 arcade sticks be available at best buy?

is the CE only at Gamestop?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Oktoberfest']I have my CE preordered on amazon.com[/quote]

oic yeah i was wondering cause i got like $20 in BB Reward certificates

and a $28 gift card to frys.. lol

[quote name='CAG 79']GS is only taking pre-orders for the regular arcade stick. They stopped taking pre-orders for the Tournament Stick a while back. The PS3 sticks and fight pads are all wireless and the 360's are all wired.[/quote]

The only wireless accessory is the PS3 fightpad, and that's with a USB dongle. Both PS3 sticks are wired.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/21/street-fighter-iv-invades-ps3-san-francisco/

Jeff Rubenstein mentions that the optional install is recommended to get almost instantaneous load times.[/quote]

arghhhh more installs. lol

[quote name='MSUHitman']Speedy should have their ad about 2 weeks early so you'll definately know by the first week of February. As long as you pre-order from Gamestop more than a week in advance, you should be OK if BB doesn't carry it.[/quote]

I didn't think about that. thanks. I also checked today on BB.com and they have them up for pre-order and they have resident evil 5 CE up as well. So I know they will have them I just gotta be there day one to get my copy

[quote name='Serpentor']Same same... But i do it for personal reasons, just to get as many trophies as i can :) It does make you feel special in a way, i mean come on, i got 100% in PJM, not some lame ass trophies as in Lingering in Shadows. Currently working on 100% PJE (sadistic as hell). I kinda give up on Super Stardust... 15 bombs in Bomber mode? Crazy shit...

There's nothing more beautiful that enjoying a game and at the same time you get little fake rewards for it. It makes me feel good :)

Of course, getting hooked on the trophy is a different matter. In my case, i know my limitations, if i can't do it, i won't dwell on it. Like beating Uncharted on Hard (hell, i have trouble beating it on Normal).[/quote]

we are totally on the same wave length. As of right now I have been an achievements whore. Once me and my friends finish Halo 3 on Legendary I am going back to uncharted to get the trophies for crushing and everything else.

on another note. Am I the only person who is also going to buy the strategy guide for new combo ideas?

i hate to ask again, but i googled this like five times and searched three different forums, but do u guys know if the standard edition arcade fight sticks will be available at best buy or frys?
i saw that the TE editions are available or were for pre order @ BB, but i didnt see anything from BB's site or fry's.

btw i ordered the CE PS3 SF4 from Deepdiscount :D $68.99 shipped.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The only wireless accessory is the PS3 fightpad, and that's with a USB dongle. Both PS3 sticks are wired.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. I was under the impression that the sticks were also wireless. No biggie.

Has anyone heard if any stores are doing a midnight release? I figured Gamestop at least would but it's 3 weeks out and no word so far.

I mean if they did one for Fable 2 and Fallout 3, one would think they would for SF IV.

[quote name='Furashu']i hate to ask again, but i googled this like five times and searched three different forums, but do u guys know if the standard edition arcade fight sticks will be available at best buy or frys?
i saw that the TE editions are available or were for pre order @ BB, but i didnt see anything from BB's site or fry's.

btw i ordered the CE PS3 SF4 from Deepdiscount :D $68.99 shipped.[/QUOTE]

My question is how long from the release date will the CE SF4 actually ship from DD. I was considering ordering from buy.com, but my current order with them has taken 2 days and as of this moment is still in f-ing processing. My orders from DD before went through pretty quick, provided they were dvds from way back when they were called deepdiscountdvd and had just started selling games there.

Something that bothers me is that looking at their pricing on the normal edition at $1 off, it almost leads me to believe that it is a pricing error since it says 69.99 to 68.99 (i.e. it should be 78.99 instead). Hopefully this doesn't happen

I ordered 2x CEs one from GS, for the headband, and one from Amazon for keeps. I cant wait for this game too come out. I was going to bite and get a joystick, but I actually better on the d-pad. Damn I cant wait for this.

[quote name='jterp7']My question is how long from the release date will the CE SF4 actually ship from DD. I was considering ordering from buy.com, but my current order with them has taken 2 days and as of this moment is still in f-ing processing. My orders from DD before went through pretty quick, provided they were dvds from way back when they were called deepdiscountdvd and had just started selling games there.

Something that bothers me is that looking at their pricing on the normal edition at $1 off, it almost leads me to believe that it is a pricing error since it says 69.99 to 68.99 (i.e. it should be 78.99 instead). Hopefully this doesn't happen[/quote]

my guess is 7-10 days after the actual release, i dont really care cause ill be at a friends house playing anyways.

Someone in the capcom.com selling the sticks/pads thread said the sticks will not work on PS2 games at launch. If that's true that sucks. The main reason I got the TE stick for PS3 was to have it work on all my PS2/3 fighting games. I hope this is fixed SOON.

I want the coin from Gamecrazy, why don't they have online ordering? The closest one is about 14 miles from me. Does anyone know if I can preorder at Hollywood Video or only if they have a Gamecrazy there?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Someone in the capcom.com selling the sticks/pads thread said the sticks will not work on PS2 games at launch. If that's true that sucks. The main reason I got the TE stick for PS3 was to have it work on all my PS2/3 fighting games. I hope this is fixed SOON.[/quote]

Agreed. If the quality lives up to the hype (and based on impressions/reviews, it does) it'll be a damned shame if they don't make it work. They even have the original SF Alpha on PSN, so to me there's no excuse ;)

[quote name='gokou36']I want the coin from Gamecrazy, why don't they have online ordering? The closest one is about 14 miles from me. Does anyone know if I can preorder at Hollywood Video or only if they have a Gamecrazy there?[/quote]

Only if there's a GC there. Hollywood Video only locations do not sell new games.

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']so i guess there is no way to get a TE stick now? I would really like to try out both sticks before i drop 150 bucks.[/quote]

i personally think they arent limited, only because it seems like the whole nintendo wii ordeal where "stocks are limited" and people keep snatching them up.

i think they are limited in the sense that they will make enough to fill the pre-orders... instead of mass producing them, so in a sense they are limited, just not to like 9k of them, cause madcatz website hasnt even had them available yet.

only 3000 made supposedly but they got like 3 or 4 times that amount....

this is not fact, just pure speculation.

Yep, I don't believe that 3,000 limited sticks either. They did say they would make more depending how well it sells. But yeah from the sounds of it, there definitely seems more than 3,000 pre-orders so far.

I'll wait to hear impressions of it from people and not from reviews and then *maybe* I might buy it then. Not totally sure yet.

[quote name='HuBu']For those that reserved at Gamestop, did they give your the headband?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you get it with the game. Gamestop has stopped giving out preorder gifts early unless it's access to an early beta/demo as lots of people just cancel after getting their freebie.

I read on the streetfighterblogspot that one of the execs from Capcom said that unlike the TE sticks, the CE will be gone once they are gone. From this statement Im assuming there are more TE sticks to come out.

[quote name='HuBu']For those that reserved at Gamestop, did they give your the headband?[/quote]

I reserved a copy at Gamestop and no I did not get my headband yet.

[quote name='pedobear']I reserved a copy at Gamestop and no I did not get my headband yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here. But who cares about the headband, I just want to play the game already! :)

Ive decided to get the 360 version cause i have a hori stick for it already, but i want the Ryu figure that comes w/ the ps3 CE. Anybody wanna trade their Ryu for C Viper?

Not to turn this into a trade/dealing thread, but I have an Amazon pre-order for a PS3 tournament edition stick that I'm planning to cancel (since I was able to pre-order a 360 stick later). I don't really want to go through the hassle of Ebaying it, but if any CAG is interested in it, make me an offer and we might be able to work something out.

anyone preorder the regular arcade stick by any chance? Thinking about getting it...I kind of like the way it looks compared to the TE. Ugh but its still very expensive...maybe i'll just get a gamepad....

[quote name='Oktoberfest']http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/...ct=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

DLC announced

and it's pretty much retarded as to why that crap costs money[/quote]

I mean seriously this DLC stuff is beginning to get out of hand completely. why are we going to pay an extra 20 to capcom in total to get 25 different costumes for these characters. do they affect game play? no? do they add anything else to the game besides aesthetics? no sheesh this is ridiculous.

Capcom should let us unlock DLC costumes instead of purchasing it online. You get that sense of fulfillment by earning the reward(DLC costumes) rather than buying it online.
But, I don't think it will happen. :whistle2:?

I already have the CE paid in full. So, there's one pack.
And I'll probably buy one more pack (I really like Boxer's alt costume), just to support Capcom. That's it.

why didn't I reserve the CE for ps3 at gamestop?:wall:

I always do this and I gotta scramble to get the version I want when it comes out. Well BB better have the CE like the website says or there is gonna be trouble on launch day for somebody. (this is what I get for trying to support best buy.)

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']why didn't I reserve the CE for ps3 at gamestop?:wall:

I always do this and I gotta scramble to get the version I want when it comes out. Well BB better have the CE like the website says or there is gonna be trouble on launch day for somebody. (this is what I get for trying to support best buy.)[/quote]

I'm in the exact same spot, I doubt I'll find the CE though.

Am I wrong in thinking that the costumes were already in the arcade versions to unlock?

Agreed, lame DLC that I would never pay for, but Capcom specifically stated they have no interest in making characters as DLC or anything that could alter someone's gaming experience (at least for SF4). They want to make sure that character and gameplay-wise, everyone who plays the game is playing the same game, which I fully support. I just wish they had taken the same approach to Mega Man 9...

It's possible that Sony/Microsoft put pressure on developers and publishers to offer DLC to bring traffic to their online stores. That, and if anyone is willing to throw their money away on costumes, it makes business sense to increase their profits.

Now if they released new levels to fight in along with costumes (perhaps even classic levels and costumes from other SF or Capcom games) then I might be persuaded. I'd love to duke it out in Wiley's Castle, or surrounded by zombie spectators in the mall, or in Raccoon City :)

[quote name='GodlyOne']I'm in the exact same spot, I doubt I'll find the CE though.

Am I wrong in thinking that the costumes were already in the arcade versions to unlock?[/quote]

well I have mapped out my plan of action to get the CE now. Run to BB the day it releases asap and try to get a CE. then if they don't have it hit these stores in order.

Target
TRU
Walmart
FYE
Barnes and Noble.

I AM GOING TO GET MY CE and that is my word and I will not pay more than retail.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']well I have mapped out my plan of action to get the CE now. Run to BB the day it releases asap and try to get a CE. then if they don't have it hit these stores in order.

Target
TRU
Walmart
FYE
Barnes and Noble.

I AM GOING TO GET MY CE and that is my word and I will not pay more than retail.[/quote]

:lol: An attack plan. I'm going to head to Wal-Mart when it opens, if not then Best Buy. If I'm not successful I don't know what I'm going to do, either break down and get the regular version or get ripped off on some eBay purchase where I have to pay 30 dollars more and wait for the delivery. :bomb:

We're all kinda disappointed by the costume DLC but we're all going to download them sooner or later, no matter what. Yeah, I slightly feel foolish but those costumes are great looking...

I'm picking up the standard edition version of the game, and eventually caving to buy the 'all costumes' DLC.

Had they not announced the DLC, there's a chance I'd have sprung for the CE.
Still hoping to see my TE Stick shipping out from Amazon any day now (while praying it doesn't ship on the 25th like it says on the order page).

[quote name='GodlyOne']:lol: An attack plan. I'm going to head to Wal-Mart when it opens, if not then Best Buy. If I'm not successful I don't know what I'm going to do, either break down and get the regular version or get ripped off on some eBay purchase where I have to pay 30 dollars more and wait for the delivery. :bomb:

We're all kinda disappointed by the costume DLC but we're all going to download them sooner or later, no matter what. Yeah, I slightly feel foolish but those costumes are great looking...[/quote]

you gotta have an attack plan. I honestly think we are over exaggerating this because I completely forgot about Blockbuster and Gamecrazy as well in this mix of stores.
GodlyOne I am making you my partner on this one. we are both going to get our CE's for retail and on the day it comes out. mark my words.

so it is spoken so it is done

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']you gotta have an attack plan. I honestly think we are over exaggerating this because I completely forgot about Blockbuster and Gamecrazy as well in this mix of stores.
GodlyOne I am making you my partner on this one. we are both going to get our CE's for retail and on the day it comes out. mark my words.

so it is spoken so it is done[/quote]

CE or nothing, yeah it looks like I'm basically going to all corners of the city to find my copy.

[quote name='GodlyOne']CE or nothing, yeah it looks like I'm basically going to all corners of the city to find my copy.[/quote]

lol. we gotta do what we gotta do you know. lol

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']lol. we gotta do what we gotta do you know. lol[/quote]

So you're saying if I don't find it, I should wait outside a Gamestop and get ready to take and run when I see someone walk out with a CE? :whistle2:k:rofl:

Ughh, I gotta keep SFIV outta my mind until Tuesday.

I saw they're doing a Street Fighter Club for the 360 version, you guys interested in something like that? I wouldn't mind trying to put something together or at least being involved in it.

I ended up buying it yesterday off of buy.com for 53.99 shipped. I hope it don't take forever to get the game. It isn't the best deal,but it beats retail price. :) At the store it would be 64 something with tax, and all. When I bought it off of buy.com I saved around 10 bucks. I don't know If that is worth waiting longer though...

[quote name='GodlyOne']So you're saying if I don't find it, I should wait outside a Gamestop and get ready to take and run when I see someone walk out with a CE? :whistle2:k:rofl:

Ughh, I gotta keep SFIV outta my mind until Tuesday.[/quote]

I mean sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. lol :whee: in all seriousness though WE will get this version of the game. I forgot to mention Play and Trade as well.

and if I got knock over a nun or a baby to get my SFIV CE then so be it next week. lol

bread's done
Back