Sudan tries UK teacher on Islam insult (you won't believe this).

Why wouldn't I belive this?

They (Islam religious states) punished a rape vicium because she was out with a guy who she wasn't related to! She is now going to get whipped 200, which most likely could kill her.

Remember when Iran said they didn't have gays in his country? It's true, he has them killed.

These countries are sick, and yet we are friends with some of them because they have oil.

If she was sentenced harder I hope Britain would have invaded the fucking "country" to get her back.

Even though I don't agree with the rulling...I have to admit that that Teacher was pretty stupid. You have to be careful when you live in a country like that.

[quote name='Xevious']Even though I don't agree with the rulling...I have to admit that that Teacher was pretty stupid. You have to be careful when you live in a country like that.[/quote]

Yeah, but from what i've always read, this kind of garbage also occurs a lot in the UK itself. Islam is really full of hypocrites. If they (or heck, any other religion) were really tolerant, wouldn't they be able to tolerate in the first place, whatever happens, especially if it's something as ludicrous as this?

Mainstream religion is definitely a sham. I think whatever positive, personal purpose it might have had before has now been washed away, for a new tidal wave of the 3 I's. Ignorance, insanity, and idiocy.

As someone from the school (I missed if she's a graduate or from the school's faculty/staff) mentioned on NPR just now, it makes more sense if you understand the locals' perspective: evidentally, the idea of teddy bears isn't that common, there.

Therefore, when the sensationalist media touts that a British (read Christian) teacher at a prestigious (read uppity rich) school named (of course they won't say in the headlines that it was a student who actually did the naming) a teddy BEAR (which most folks there will simply interpret as "an animal," according to the lady interviewed on NPR) Muhammed.....it all boils down to:

"Christian teacher names an animal after The Prophet."

When they interviewed locals about the story, most expressed outrage..and were unable to answer even simple questions about the matter. Most admitted after some prodding that they had not bothered to find out what the full story was about. Thank goodness we are rational people here in America, and we do not parrot headlines like airheads. :roll: ....yeah.

Anyway, that being said, it is still sad that they found her guilty and are deporting her. The student of course had long since come forward to state publically that she had simply allowed him to name his teddy bear after himself. Eh. Nothing to do about it but sigh.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Fixed.[/QUOTE]
I can agree with that. Religion causes too many problems in the world. Made me want to abandon my religious beliefs at one point.

she should have known better than to offend the god of teddy bears

that's a HUGE no no

once he puts in a bad word w/the monsters under the bed, you are sca-rewed, buddy.

I can't believe these idiots want that teacher executed. Wasn't it the Muslim students in her class that named the frickin' bear "Muhammed"? Where's their punishment?

If you notice, the muslims in Britian are condeming the verdict. They do that so their asses are "tolderated" ( read beaten to a fucking pulp by any britian ). Why can't all muslims in their radical countries do like Al Queida's Al-Zwahari and put on a production like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBC-KAHQ3_0

PS- I do believe in Christianity and Christmas and what not. But if you're a christian radical, DO NOT view this.

What we have here is about a thousand neanderthals waving swords around calling for the death of a woman who tried to educate their children, and the children named a bear after their God.

Seriously, this is going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better, and I swear if they don't try to evacuate her with anything short of a tank battalion she's going to be killed.

Britain needs to tell them, "Either you release her into our custody NOW, or we come in there and take her ourselves."

All that aside, fuck the people. Unless the town is somehow the radical clusterfuck of the country, these are ORDINARY people trying to have this woman killed. As in, the demographic, and if this is how they want to live and treat others, evacuate those who want to leave with force, and ensure that the rest of these hate-mongering assholes can practice their religion on their own, and not force themselves on anyone else.

Everyone is entitled to do what they please in life, as long as it doesn't impose on others doing the same.

~HotShotX

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm calling for a carpet bombing of the country, whose with me?[/quote]
Who's. As in "who is with me." Not whose.

[quote name='vasco']They do that so their asses are "tolderated" ( read beaten to a fucking pulp by any britian ).[/quote]
:lol: I think you meant "not beaten to a pulp by their fellow Brits."

Anyhow. Those two grammatical quibbles aside, these bloodthirsty Sudanese imbeciles need a high-powered hose taken to them. That's right...they need to be hosed.

Somebody fly a posse of fat, Southern sheriffs over there, stat. ...send these cretins tumbling head over heels in the streets.

Sudan is a sovereign nation. They can enact whatever laws they want. If you are going to live and work there, you have the responsibility to understand and respect the local laws and customs. It's just tragic, that in this case, no good deed goes unpunished it seems.

It's a shame we aren't more tolerant and understanding of the rest of the world. Somehow I feel this is our fault for not converting to Islam and adhering to gods laws in America. If we would only be more empathetic, the world would like us more and the terrorists would stop hating us.

Now the sudaneese people are asking for her to be executed.

Sounds like the SAS need to get their asses in there and extract her.

[quote name='dopa345']Sudan is a sovereign nation. They can enact whatever laws they want. If you are going to live and work there, you have the responsibility to understand and respect the local laws and customs. It's just tragic, that in this case, no good deed goes unpunished it seems.[/quote]

Sovereign nations cannot just enact whatever laws they want. For example, if a law is enacted to kill all , other nations can and should intercede to prevent this law from being acted upon.

[quote name='bmulligan']It's a shame we aren't more tolerant and understanding of the rest of the world. Somehow I feel this is our fault for not converting to Islam and adhering to gods laws in America. If we would only be more empathetic, the world would like us more and the terrorists would stop hating us.[/quote]

I wonder why we can't expect tolerance in kind? Seems like a one way street to me.

[quote name='darthbudge']
Sounds like the SAS need to get their asses in there and extract her.[/quote]

When they do, I'll be there with my SIXAXIS and M4 ready to help.

[quote name='camoor']Sovereign nations cannot just enact whatever laws they want. For example, if a law is enacted to kill all , other nations can and should intercede to prevent this law from being acted upon.[/QUOTE]

The people of a sovereign nation aren't allowed to make their own laws? How un-democratic of you.

Surely you don't mean that other nations can use force against another for an arbitrary definition of their own truth?

[quote name='camoor']Sovereign nations cannot just enact whatever laws they want. For example, if a law is enacted to kill all , other nations can and should intercede to prevent this law from being acted upon.[/QUOTE]

Sovereign nations CAN enact whatever laws they wish to. But they are not immune to repercussions that can follow such as a case like this. Just as other nations have the right of voice to their displeasure or intercede to protect their nationals. If their were a native Sudanese teacher that did the exact same "crime" there wouldn't be nearly as much attention paid to it.

[quote name='dopa345']Sovereign nations CAN enact whatever laws they wish to. But they are not immune to repercussions that can follow such as a case like this. Just as other nations have the right of voice to their displeasure or intercede to protect their nationals. If their were a native Sudanese teacher that did the exact same "crime" there wouldn't be nearly as much attention paid to it.[/quote]

Semantic arguement.

It's all about context. If someone says "can I do this" they usually either mean "is it possible to do this" or "is it possible to do this and suffer no repercussions" - I meant the latter.

[quote name='bmulligan']The people of a sovereign nation aren't allowed to make their own laws? How un-democratic of you.

Surely you don't mean that other nations can use force against another for an arbitrary definition of their own truth?[/quote]

no.

the end.

I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but you guys tell me: Is it crazy to think that the corporate media syndicates are purposefully publishing stories like this INTERNATIONALLY to create a rift between western religions and ideals (free press, etc..) and Islam?

Some guy O'Reiley was lambasting was saying that the overwhelming majority of Islamic organizations think what they did to the teacher was ridiculous. Are we being herded here?

On the other hand, one part of me wants to say: Why the fuck is islam so easily offended, but I can't help getting the feeling "Most aren't, its fuckin propaganda."

[quote name='pittpizza']I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but you guys tell me: Is it crazy to think that the corporate media syndicates are purposefully publishing stories like this INTERNATIONALLY to create a rift between western religions and ideals (free press, etc..) and Islam?

Some guy O'Reiley was lambasting was saying that the overwhelming majority of Islamic organizations think what they did to the teacher was ridiculous. Are we being herded here?

On the other hand, one part of me wants to say: Why the fuck is islam so easily offended, but I can't help getting the feeling "Most aren't, its fuckin propaganda."[/QUOTE]

Do I hear a collective "Duh" in the background ? Signs point to yes. Ask yourself what they DON'T report to purposefully divide the people and engender irrational passion.

They also have a vested interest in making sure at least one half of the world still allows them free reign to propagandize their own agenda. Because god knows if everyone were to accept sharia law system, they'd all be out of a job.

Well if the answer is "Yes" then why?

Granted, western ideals/democracy is at odds with the basic tenets of Islam (I think) but why would for-profit corps want to sow seeds of hate/ignorance/fear. At first blush it does not seem self interested from a capitalistic standpoint so does that imply the government is teinting a truly free press. If not big brother's influence perhaps it is just that this kind of shit SELLS in a market full of ignorant, fearful dolts and the for-profit corps are airing what sells. What is responsible for our malfunctioning (if it is) free press? Capitalism or Big Brother or both?

I have a hard time believing American networks are fearful of Sharia motivated unemployment.

[quote name='bmulligan']The people of a sovereign nation aren't allowed to make their own laws? How un-democratic of you.

Surely you don't mean that other nations can use force against another for an arbitrary definition of their own truth?[/quote]

Well, the US is doing it.

[quote name='RBM']As someone from the school (I missed if she's a graduate or from the school's faculty/staff) mentioned on NPR just now, it makes more sense if you understand the locals' perspective: evidentally, the idea of teddy bears isn't that common, there.

Therefore, when the sensationalist media touts that a British (read Christian) teacher at a prestigious (read uppity rich) school named (of course they won't say in the headlines that it was a student who actually did the naming) a teddy BEAR (which most folks there will simply interpret as "an animal," according to the lady interviewed on NPR) Muhammed.....it all boils down to:

"Christian teacher names an animal after The Prophet."

When they interviewed locals about the story, most expressed outrage..and were unable to answer even simple questions about the matter. Most admitted after some prodding that they had not bothered to find out what the full story was about. Thank goodness we are rational people here in America, and we do not parrot headlines like airheads. :roll: ....yeah.

Anyway, that being said, it is still sad that they found her guilty and are deporting her. The student of course had long since come forward to state publically that she had simply allowed him to name his teddy bear after himself. Eh. Nothing to do about it but sigh.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? The student isn't calling for her bloody death? But ... isn't he Muslim too? Maybe he's some pure hearted American Christian they imported. I don't get it. Really, why are people in a war-torn, genocide wracked nation responding with violence? I can't imagine where they'd learn that. It's not like we don't have setbacks in the US, you know. I spilled my gingerbread latte on the way to work today, and you don't see me waving a knife in the air. That shit cost me $4.85. For a LATTE, PEOPLE. I don't know. We use the word "tolerance" a lot these days, but what good is doing the right thing if other people aren't going to do it either? What kind of moral code is that? Ol' grandad used to say this sort of thing would happen because they're brown and brown people are naturally ignorant and savage, but I'm glad we left that stupidity behind, here in 2007. We know better. It's definitely because they're Muslims.

EDIT: Not really sure why I quoted you on that, RBM. I may have started on one topic and finished on another, and I'm too lazy to clean it up.

[quote name='pittpizza']Granted, western ideals/democracy is at odds with the basic tenets of Islam (I think)[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I disagree ... but do tell. How so?

[quote name='pittpizza']Well if the answer is "Yes" then why?

Granted, western ideals/democracy is at odds with the basic tenets of Islam (I think) but why would for-profit corps want to sow seeds of hate/ignorance/fear. At first blush it does not seem self interested from a capitalistic standpoint so does that imply the government is teinting a truly free press. If not big brother's influence perhaps it is just that this kind of shit SELLS in a market full of ignorant, fearful dolts and the for-profit corps are airing what sells. What is responsible for our malfunctioning (if it is) free press? Capitalism or Big Brother or both?

I have a hard time believing American networks are fearful of Sharia motivated unemployment.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because it sells papers, and commercial airtime.

But I really don't see how reporting muslim murder frenzies is sowing seeds of hatred. They already hate us and our ideals, it's not like reportes are making the shit up. It stands to reason somebody should report it so that we can't deny that it exists like some politicos would like you to believe. Should it not be reported so we can extend the don't ask don't tell philosophy to all aspects of our existence ? Most of our problems in the world today are a direct result of the denial of reality in the hopes it will just go away.

[quote name='bmulligan']Yes, because it sells papers, and commercial airtime.

But I really don't see how reporting muslim murder frenzies is sowing seeds of hatred. They already hate us and our ideals, it's not like reportes are making the shit up. It stands to reason somebody should report it so that we can't deny that it exists like some politicos would like you to believe. Should it not be reported so we can extend the don't ask don't tell philosophy to all aspects of our existence ? Most of our problems in the world today are a direct result of the denial of reality in the hopes it will just go away.[/QUOTE]

So if I go back and look at your posts from, say, 2004, I won't find any where you suggest that the liberal media is biased because they selectively choose to only report the negative aspects of the war in Iraq, for whatever reason, while ignoring all the positive but less than newsworthy bits of progress, thereby coloring what many people perceive to be "reality," when in fact, those people only have a limited and imperfect view of the situation? Because that would sorta fly in the face of what you're saying up there.

Money and power are the driving force behind almost everything.

You see the headline about killing a teacher and buy the paper. You make sure to catch the news later and in the process see a bunch of advertisements.

Things like this also help make people support the war. "Why are we over there? Oh yea, these people are savages and they do nothing but rape women and read the Quran." It's a lot easier to support the slaughter of a people you loathe.

[quote name='pittpizza']Well if the answer is "Yes" then why?

I have a hard time believing American networks are fearful of Sharia motivated unemployment.[/quote]

Nobody seems to have updated this article with the fact that the Sudanese government has pardoned her, and she has already returned to the UK?

Savages.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nobody seems to have updated this article with the fact that the Sudanese government has pardoned her, and she has already returned to the UK?

Savages.[/QUOTE]

just because the government wants to avoid international backlash doesnt mean the people screaming for her execution have a set on their shoulders

[quote name='trq']So if I go back and look at your posts from, say, 2004, I won't find any where you suggest that the liberal media is biased because they selectively choose to only report the negative aspects of the war in Iraq, for whatever reason, while ignoring all the positive but less than newsworthy bits of progress, thereby coloring what many people perceive to be "reality," when in fact, those people only have a limited and imperfect view of the situation? Because that would sorta fly in the face of what you're saying up there.[/QUOTE]

What this has to do with my posts from 2004 I haven't a clue. Perhaps you just have some vendetta against my views or me personally?

At any rate, when the Iraq invasion was underway, the media loved their special access and "imbededness" to the US millitary. War certainly sells papers and advertising. It sells entertainment at any rate, which is their main competitor, so bringing conflict to the news is tantamount to buying facetime in front of the overstimulated american consumer.

It exemplifies their lack of a moral decency sometimes, although I subscribe to their commitment for profit. It's probably the only genuine aspect of media as we know it today.

[quote name='bmulligan']What this has to do with my posts from 2004 I haven't a clue. Perhaps you just have some vendetta against my views or me personally?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, but I'm familiar enough with your views to have guessed what they might have been on this particular topic -- in which case, they would have been relevant, since we were discussing the media -- but I fully admit it was a guess, and apparently an incorrect one.

[quote name='bmulligan']At any rate, when the Iraq invasion was underway, the media loved their special access and "imbededness" to the US millitary. War certainly sells papers and advertising. It sells entertainment at any rate, which is their main competitor, so bringing conflict to the news is tantamount to buying facetime in front of the overstimulated american consumer.

It exemplifies their lack of a moral decency sometimes, although I subscribe to their commitment for profit. It's probably the only genuine aspect of media as we know it today.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='dopa345']Sudan is a sovereign nation. They can enact whatever laws they want. If you are going to live and work there, you have the responsibility to understand and respect the local laws and customs. It's just tragic, that in this case, no good deed goes unpunished it seems.[/quote]

Their customs and laws are comparable to that of a country run by a bunch of ebola-infected baboons. They should just be happy that anyone from the civilized world was willing to come to their country to try and educate them. Clearly, they didn't deserve it.

[quote name='darthbudge']Sounds like the SAS need to get their asses in there and extract her.[/quote]

I was about to say that. :lol:

Captain Price and Soap McTavish will do the job!

bread's done
Back