Suggestion for Trading Forum

mattyice11

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of people are listing games in their trade list that are no longer available. If I'm searching for Gears of War and see a list that says "Gears of War - SOLD" - that listing does nothing but screw up the search results.

I'd like to see CAG recommend that people delist those games rather than list them as sold or traded. The search feature works, but the users are unnecessarily messing up the results.

[quote name='mattyice11']Lots of people are listing games in their trade list that are no longer available. If I'm searching for Gears of War and see a list that says "Gears of War - SOLD" - that listing does nothing but screw up the search results.

I'd like to see CAG recommend that people delist those games rather than list them as sold or traded. The search feature works, but the users are unnecessarily messing up the results.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I could careless if a seller at one point had so n so game for sale.

I think they do it to make their TL's look larger/bigger/fuller then what they are.

It really makes their TL's look like shit as well.

Yeah, well that's a pretty stupid reason IMO.

It does nothing for anyone. It's not like they're going to sell that game again. People are just going to come across it in the search results and be pissed that it's sold.

Actually, I've left stuff up on the trade list that was traded for a completely different reason. Namely, for those who weren't sure if i'd be someone trustworthy to trade with. We have feedback #s and little comments, but not always are the games mentioned.

If you're new to trading and are trying to establish yourself as a reputable trader, it makes sense to mention that you've successfully traded Xgame especially when X is something that goes for more $$ or is more sought after. Just a thought to throw out there.

I suppose it's useful to know if someone had the game before so you don't offer to trade it to them again, but I agree that I hate that as well.

[quote name='guinaevere']Actually, I've left stuff up on the trade list that was traded for a completely different reason. Namely, for those who weren't sure if i'd be someone trustworthy to trade with. We have feedback #s and little comments, but not always are the games mentioned.

If you're new to trading and are trying to establish yourself as a reputable trader, it makes sense to mention that you've successfully traded Xgame especially when X is something that goes for more $$ or is more sought after. Just a thought to throw out there.[/quote]

Oh, sure. That makes sense.

I once traded pokemon cards with this kid on the playground. That proves I'm a good trader. (No, srsly, some people on here do shit exactly like that.)

It doesn't help me determine whether that person's a good trader or not. All it does is clog up the search results.

Maybe the new system coming up will kill this annoying practice.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Oh, sure. That makes sense.

I once traded pokemon cards with this kid on the playground. That proves I'm a good trader. (No, srsly, some people on here do shit exactly like that.)[/quote]I didn't say it proves anything. But I do think there is validity in wanting to be certain that a person with low feedback, who says he's gonna trade you a $50 game for a $50 game is going to come through on the deal.

Personal preference, I guess. Plus, I've never used the search feature here to try and find someone with a game I'm looking for. I'll hit various TLs and see if there's anything there I'm looking for. But with folks having a game listed as either a want or trade, it's way too ineffective. Hence the need for a fix.

Searches will never work in the trade forum as it is now for several reasons.
Suppose I search for Gears of War (wouldn't that only search for "gears", since it's the only word longer than four letters?)... I'll get one of several results.
Someone who has the game and wants to trade it.
Someone who had the game and already traded it.
Someone who wants the game.
Someone who posted in someone's thread that had the game, "CML For Gears of War".
Someone who likes to list their entire game collection in their trade list.
Maybe even someone who lists games they're not interested in.

You'll also miss people who doesn't spell the title correctly.

bread's done
Back