Suggestion on a good RPG

chaoz

CAG Veteran
looking for a new game..dont really like the 3d kinda games.
like more like diablo etc..
can anyone recommend a newer game thats either RPG
or strategy thanks..

Coming soon to the discount rack at a walmart near you,
Dungeons and Dragons:The temple of Elemental Evil:A Classic Greyhawk Adventure, seriously... $9.86

you can download a demo on the site?
http://www.atari.com/toee/

Lol, Atari!
not exactly new though.. (2003)

[quote name='chaoz']looking for a new game..dont really like the 3d kinda games.
like more like diablo etc..
can anyone recommend a newer game thats either RPG
or strategy thanks..[/QUOTE]

Baldur's Gate series
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale series
Fallout series
Dungeon Siege series (espically Dungeon Siege 2)
Sacred Gold (this and Dungeon Siege are identical to Diablo almost)
Arcanum
Divine and Beyond Divinity
Temple of Elemental Evil

If you want turn based strategy:

Jagged Alliance series
Heroes of Might and Magic series

Yea, I know you said newer, but PC RPG's that aren't 3D have been on the decline for years now, and are pretty much extinct.

If you can stomach 3D, you have Knights of the Old Republic 1 + 2 and Oblivion.

[quote name='Kayden']Sacred[/QUOTE]

Make sure to get Sacred Gold, since it includes the game and the expansion (the expansion is pretty hard to find seperately, took me a few EB's and GS's to find it when it launched months ago).

[quote name='Diiz']Yup, 1 & 2 are awesome.[/QUOTE]

I even liked Tactics a good deal.

I wonder what's going on with Fallout 3... it would be awesome if its like Oblivion (isn't Bethseda making it?)

Actually, it shouldn't be possible to find Underworld in the US as they don't currently have a US publisher for it. IIRC...

But yea, get gold.

[quote name='Roufuss']Make sure to get Sacred Gold, since it includes the game and the expansion (the expansion is pretty hard to find seperately, took me a few EB's and GS's to find it when it launched months ago).[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Man... you gotta be fucking kidding me... I just paid like 20 for it 2 months ago. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Yea, I paid $20 for it when it released, so I feel your pain.

I really wish more people had the game. =(
Trying to play platinum is lonely because I'm generally the only person there.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I paid $20 for it when it released, so I feel your pain.[/quote]

"I'm not putting my lips on that..." :lol:
If you're going to bring up Full Throttle, The Dig should be mentioned as well. Both great Lucas Arts adventures.

there was supposed to be a Full Throttle sequel a while back... I wonder if it got cancelled.

[quote name='Kendal']I have a few of the Heroes of Might and Magic. I also have Full Throttle, not an RPG, but good clean fun.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']
there was supposed to be a Full Throttle sequel a while back... I wonder if it got cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Awhile ago.

vader-nooooo.jpg

[quote name='Kayden']I really wish more people had the game. =(
Trying to play platinum is lonely because I'm generally the only person there.[/QUOTE]

I have it but haven't installed it yet.

I need to find a copy and replay Grim fandango.

It's a shame that good adventure games died out. Really, Pheonix Wright is the laswt one I can remember since the 90's.

If you haven't played Planescape Torment, you're missing out on one of the greeatest of all RPG's.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I have it but haven't installed it yet.

It's a shame that good adventure games died out. Really, Pheonix Wright is the laswt one I can remember since the 90's.

If you haven't played Planescape Torment, you're missing out on one of the greeatest of all RPG's.[/quote]

:cry: :cry: I was going to point you to the-underdogs.org... but its dead! where'd they go!?!?!?!?!?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I have it but haven't installed it yet.

If you haven't played Planescape Torment, you're missing out on one of the greeatest of all RPG's.[/QUOTE]

Your in luck we just had a small discussion on this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88245

bread's done
Back