Suggestions on what game(s) to start next.

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
So I'm about to finish up Bioshock 2 , and have a bunch of games that I recently (or somewhat recently) picked up but I can't completely decide where to start. At least it's because I really want to play all the games in question and just can't pick one instead of being apathetic because I have too many games in the first place.:lol:

So I have:
:ps3:Heavy Rain
:ps3:Darksiders
:ps3:Battlefield : Bad Company 2 (just campaign , not multiplayer right now)
:ps3:Dark Void
:360:Bayonetta
:360:Metro 2033
:wii:Red Steel 2
:wii:Sky Crawlers
:wii:Monster Hunter 3

There's also:
:ps3:Final Fantasy 13
:ps3:God of War 3

but I don't really want to play FF13 right now since I'm about to start playing tales of the abyss and I'd rather play a bunch of different kinds of games instead of 2 RPGs at once , and if I play GoW3 I wanna play through the God of War Collection first and I don't really feel like playing the entire GoW series at the moment.

So can my fellow CAGs help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of those, the only two games I have is Final Fantasy 13 and God of War 3. I loved Final Fantasy XIII and I'm in the same situation as you with God of War 3. (I still need to finish the collection)

FF13 is around 40 hours long and the biggest problem I had with it is that the difficulty jumps way too much for my taste. Some people didn't like the linearity, but I didn't mind. It was too much fun.

Play the games you're not 100% on first, so you can drop them quickly if you don't like them. That'll get you through your list right-quick.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Of those, the only two games I have is Final Fantasy 13 and God of War 3. I loved Final Fantasy XIII and I'm in the same situation as you with God of War 3. (I still need to finish the collection)

FF13 is around 40 hours long and the biggest problem I had with it is that the difficulty jumps way too much for my taste. Some people didn't like the linearity, but I didn't mind. It was too much fun.[/QUOTE]
FFXIII can get hard, but I found ways to beat it. It took me 55 hours.

God of War III took me 9 hours.

While many of the games are great, I recommend starting Heavy Rain.

Of the ones you listed I would suggest probably Darksiders or Bayonetta since both are reasonably short action games.

I would highly suggest avoiding Monster Hunter 3, while the game is amazing, you really have to commit a lot of time to progress and get good at the game; if your looking for a game to replace everything else your playing right now then Monster Hunter 3 would be a good choice, otherwise I'd pick a game that requires a little less commitment.

I think you should play Heavy Rain first. You can finish it pretty quick. You can also tell pretty early on if you will like it or not. You should probably play Dark Void or Bayonetta after that.

Start with Bad Company 2, the campaign is fast-paced and fun and you can knock it out pretty quickly. Then start on Final Fantasy XIII.

Start with Heavy Rain so you don't accidentally see any spoilers online before you beat it, because I know some people that did and it kind of ruined the game for them. You can also finish it pretty quickly.

I'd go with Bayonetta. It's not a long game, but I found it very entertaining. Final Fantasy XIII isn't a bad choice either. It gets pretty boring though, but it has an amazing soundtrack. Either way you're gonna be playing a fun game.

bread's done
Back