Suikoden IV - Free Promotional Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloakBass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Suikoden IV Official Webpage

If you head over to the "Promotions" section you'll notice that they have quite a sweet liittle promotion going on right now. Basically, after you give Konami some personal information, you can enter special passwords in order to get some nice free stuff. 3 passwords scores you a CD of Suikoden music, 5 passwords gets you a Suikoden coin, and lastly, 7 passwords get you a wallscroll. As of now, I've found the following codes:

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly advertisement: magsnowe48
2. Suikoden Flash Puzzle Game: chiepoo19
3. Suikoden Flash Battleship Game: kooluk63

Right there are already enough passwords to at least score the CD. The "Clues" section also reveals that the Suikoden IV Art Book also has a code in it. If anyone could help the CAGs out with that code, I'm sure we'd all be very grateful. As of now, I suspect that there's probably also a password included with the game itself, maybe the player's guide? More magazine advertisements? Keep an eye open.

Update: New Code Found!

Suikoden IV Manual: 150razril5

[quote name='62t']shaq fu the person who used the code 22322. That's mine number form the artbook! Wish i got in sooner.[/quote]

Hey just try 22323

[quote name='62t']shaq fu the person who used the code 22322. That's mine number form the artbook! Wish i got in sooner.[/quote]

Use a different one. Hell, try 22323

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='Panda']^_^

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='Kuma']From an obsesive Suikoden fan thank you OP you deserve a freakin medal

RichD1, what are the Jowy and Riou cds, and how might i obtain them[/quote]

Suikoden II Official Sound Track

They cost me ~$40usd shipped each.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICA-7935
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICA-7937

Worth every penny.
Piano Collection is even better. Amazing cds.[/quote]

I think the Asian Collection CD is worth the pretty penny. It's so nice.[/quote]

My Piano Collection CD is an asian copy, but I got it as a birthday gift so who am I to complain.[/quote]

damn thats alot, i wish they did a package deal

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

How can they ever know that we don't own the art book?[/quote]

Someone could call and complain and show them proof that the code is theirs.[/quote]

No one has to do that. This contest rund for another 5 weeks. Then they look to see who entered in the codes and they start from the fastest - the rules say its pretty much first come first serve. That's why the people tha tentered in more than one artbook code have pretty much fucked themselves - its easy to spot cause 1) its the only one time use code and 2) its the only 5 digit code. So when they are sorting through people that have 7 codes, its pretty easy to weed them out. the problem is that these people have fucked over people that actually do own artbooks, not that they've screwed themselves out of some pretty neat stuff (well, I hope its neat). And this contest just started 2 days ago on the 19th, why not just wait a week or two for the other 2 legit codes?

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

Someone could call and complain and show them proof that the code is theirs.[/quote]

No one has to do that. This contest rund for another 5 weeks. Then they look to see who entered in the codes and they start from the fastest - the rules say its pretty much first come first serve. That's why the people tha tentered in more than one artbook code have pretty much shaq-fued themselves - its easy to spot cause 1) its the only one time use code and 2) its the only 5 digit code. So when they are sorting through people that have 7 codes, its pretty easy to weed them out. the problem is that these people have shaq-fued over people that actually do own artbooks, not that they've screwed themselves out of some pretty neat stuff (well, I hope its neat). And this contest just started 2 days ago on the 19th, why not just wait a week or two for the other 2 legit codes?

Dave[/quote]

LOL, i wa just throwing out a scenario about how they could possibly find out. I definitely think it sucks that people are making up codes. I personally don't want any of this stuff so I'm not using any of mine anyways, but why ruin it for others that do want it?

This is awesome, thank you! I saw the code in the EGM ad awhile ago but it was never up when I checked. 5 legit codes so far so at least I will get a swank new coin and CD. I am going to look through the Strat. Guide for any extra ones.

OK I somehow just guess and got a number correct. Hope that person isn't planning to use it. Also how do you save the code you already entered?

[quote name='62t']OK I somehow just guess and got a number correct. Hope that person isn't planning to use it. Also how do you save the code you already entered?[/quote]

You have to say your Last name and close the browser.

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

No one has to do that. This contest rund for another 5 weeks. Then they look to see who entered in the codes and they start from the fastest - the rules say its pretty much first come first serve. That's why the people tha tentered in more than one artbook code have pretty much shaq-fued themselves - its easy to spot cause 1) its the only one time use code and 2) its the only 5 digit code. So when they are sorting through people that have 7 codes, its pretty easy to weed them out. the problem is that these people have shaq-fued over people that actually do own artbooks, not that they've screwed themselves out of some pretty neat stuff (well, I hope its neat). And this contest just started 2 days ago on the 19th, why not just wait a week or two for the other 2 legit codes?

Dave[/quote]

I decided to wait, and not make up codes, but really there is no way they can prove anyone made up codes. Yes if people enter all 7 artbook codes it will look odd, but who's to say they aren't collectors and don't own 7 art books? There is really no way Konami can prove you don't own 7 art books. Hell, there are 4 legit codes floating around now, so you'd only have to enter 3 artbook codes, 1 of which could be legit as well. I think it his highly likely that some people have 2-3 artbooks.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='62t']OK I somehow just guess and got a number correct. Hope that person isn't planning to use it. Also how do you save the code you already entered?[/quote]

You have to say your Last name and close the browser.[/quote]

Say your Last name eh? Don't remember doin that.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

I decided to wait, and not make up codes, but really there is no way they can prove anyone made up codes. Yes if people enter all 7 artbook codes it will look odd, but who's to say they aren't collectors and don't own 7 art books? There is really no way Konami can prove you don't own 7 art books. Hell, there are 4 legit codes floating around now, so you'd only have to enter 3 artbook codes, 1 of which could be legit as well. I think it his highly likely that some people have 2-3 artbooks.[/quote]

If the artbooks are collectors items, wouldn't they possibly be numbered. So if somoene shows them that they posess that particular book, it might be possible. Regardless, the point isn't that you might get caught, because the chances are remote. The point is that you might be screwing someon that actually buys it out of what they might want.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

I decided to wait, and not make up codes, but really there is no way they can prove anyone made up codes. Yes if people enter all 7 artbook codes it will look odd, but who's to say they aren't collectors and don't own 7 art books? There is really no way Konami can prove you don't own 7 art books. Hell, there are 4 legit codes floating around now, so you'd only have to enter 3 artbook codes, 1 of which could be legit as well. I think it his highly likely that some people have 2-3 artbooks.[/quote]

If the artbooks are collectors items, wouldn't they possibly be numbered. So if somoene shows them that they posess that particular book, it might be possible. Regardless, the point isn't that you might get caught, because the chances are remote. The point is that you might be screwing someon that actually buys it out of what they might want.[/quote]

Oh totally, it's an asshole thing to do, which is why I'm not going to do it, plus I kinda wanna try and find the other 2 clues. But I mean what proof could someone give? lol send their book to Konami?Even then how would Konami know the guy didn't buy it on ebay and the original owner used the code first? A picture wouldn't prove anything either, it could easily be faked, the code on the artbook is generic looking as hell and it's on an allwhite background, just some #'s. Plus, same thing applies, it could have been bought second hand and the code used by the original owner

But yeah, it's a lame thing to do, so just don't do it and wait

[quote name='greendj27']
If the artbooks are collectors items, wouldn't they possibly be numbered. So if somoene shows them that they posess that particular book, it might be possible. Regardless, the point isn't that you might get caught, because the chances are remote. The point is that you might be screwing someon that actually buys it out of what they might want.[/quote]

The numbering is the secret code. :lol: and its just a tacked on sticker

If konami really wanted they simply could have set the system to only accept 1 art book password per hunter.

Just closing the browser seems to work.

As for the code, I dont think Konami putting that much effort into making sure people only use their own code. I guess we will have to wait and see.

How do you claim the tresure?

I stuck to numbers past the 49000 range.

When I entered the personal info, and then the codes, does that seal the deal for the prizes?

jimbodan, what code you are going to enter if all Artbook codes are gone? I'm sure this will be all over the boards.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Jimbo, fatal logic flaw. Konami doesn't have to prove you don't own multiplt artbooks, you'd have to prove you do if they caught you. Additionally, they have avague clause in the rules about how you get DQed if you try multiple addys or try to get "multiple entries" - making up random artbook codes would easily fall under that interpretation. Regardless of the fact that you screw someone else over, it just doesn't make sense to do this NOW when there so much time left in the competition. If it was 2 days left and you had 6 codes and needed one for the scroll, maybe you'd wna tto take a chance at a random code. But with 5 weeks left, all it takes is one person emailing konami with "I entered in my artbook code and it is invalid - what gives?" and then they start digging. If you don't think they are going to notice, you are just naive.

Although, if i had to bet, I'd say Konami DQ's ALL artbook codes and releases a new code instead.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Jimbo, fatal logic flaw. Konami doesn't have to prove you don't own multiplt artbooks, you'd have to prove you do if they caught you. Additionally, they have avague clause in the rules about how you get DQed if you try multiple addys or try to get "multiple entries" - making up random artbook codes would easily fall under that interpretation. Regardless of the fact that you screw someone else over, it just doesn't make sense to do this NOW when there so much time left in the competition. If it was 2 days left and you had 6 codes and needed one for the scroll, maybe you'd wna tto take a chance at a random code. But with 5 weeks left, all it takes is one person emailing konami with "I entered in my artbook code and it is invalid - what gives?" and then they start digging. If you don't think they are going to notice, you are just naive.

Although, if i had to bet, I'd say Konami DQ's ALL artbook codes and releases a new code instead.

Dave[/quote]

Agreed, I really hope Konami does this since I'm such a Suikoden fan and found out about this promo. In fact I was willing to pay like $20 extra if Konami would've released the LE of #4 here, same with #3.
I even remember Konami shipping the original to me for free when I won the original Suikoden contest. I was one of the 50 winners to win that contest for a free copy of Suikoden back in the day. Hehe. ^_^

P.S. If I knew about the artbook I would've preordered.

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='zombieman'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']I really hope Konami cracks down on you people...[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Yeah, but if they did DQ you you could just as easily call up and say I own 7 art books and send them pictures. You've then "proved" you' own 7 art books. What will they do then? Anyways this whole thing is moot, as I agree with you, it's a stupid thing to do, people should just wait and not enter random codes

[quote name='masha']jimbodan, what code you are going to enter if all Artbook codes are gone? I'm sure this will be all over the boards.[/quote]

well I already entered my artbook code, so no one can take my code :)

Can someone post the offical rule? I can't get the link to work. I only input five codes waiting to find the other two though. So does anybody have the offical guide? :wink:

[quote name='blueweltall']Can someone post the offical rule? I can't get the link to work. I only input five codes waiting to find the other two though. So does anybody have the offical guide? :wink:[/quote]

Here are the official rules

Suikoden IV “Treasure Hunt” Promotion
Official Rules
Calling all treasure hunters! Search the Suikoden IV Website and other Suikoden IV
materials and gather the secret passwords needed to unlock a lost treasure. Click on
the enter password button on http://www.konami.com/suikoden4/official and submit
your information and passwords.
Only one submission per household will be honored and the submission with the
most valid passwords at the end of the promotion period will be the valid submission.
All submissions must be made between 1/19/2005 and 2/28/2005. Gifts (Treasure)
are limited and will be fulfilled based on the time of submission while supplies last.
Please allow 6 – 8 weeks after the submission period has ended for shipping.
No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by Law. Promotion is
available only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Canada (excluding
Quebec) over the age of 13.
Konami Digital Entertainment - America assumes no responsibility for any error,
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or
alteration of, entries. Konami is not responsible for any problems or technical
malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment,
software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Konami on account of
technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web
site, or any combination thereof. Konami reserves the right to replace any gift with
a gift of equal or higher value.
The Loot
Alright, you’ve searched high and low for the passwords to unlock the treasure
chests. There’s a limited amount of treasure chests so hunt for your password keys
quickly before they’re all gone. Passwords can only be used once per entry, so you’ll
have to search for different passwords in order to unlock any of the chests.
Treasure Chest #1: 3 Passwords needed to Unlock
- An exclusive limited edition Music CD featuring tracks from all 4 Suikoden games.
Treasure Chest #2: 5 Passwords needed to Unlock
- An exclusive limited edition Suikoden Coin
Treasure Chest #3: 7 Passwords needed to Unlock
- An exclusive Suikoden IV Silk Wallscroll
For example: Collect three passwords and receive the treasure from Chest #1.
Collect 5 passwords and receive the treasure from Chest #1 and #2. Collect all 7
passwords and receive the treasure from all three chests. You may re-enter your
information if you find additional passwords. You must enter with the same contact
information and must re-enter all the previously verified passwords.

By participating in this promotion, you agree to register in the Konami Insider club
by filling out your full name, complete home address, including zip code, date of
birth, gender, email address, and any other requested fields and follow the
instructions at the web site. By becoming a registered member of the Konami Insider
service you incur no obligations other than your agreement to be bound by the
Konami Insider Terms of Service and to receive emails and/or promotional
information from Konami. You may opt-out of the receipt of such emails by following
the directions in the first email you receive.
Go to http://www.konami.com/suikoden4/official for details on the promotion, to
enter or for a copy of these rules.
(Entrants may not enter with multiple email and/or multiple identities nor may
entrants use any other device or artifice to obtain additional entries. Any entrant who
attempts to participate with multiple email and/or multiple identities may be
disqualified.)

It is also possible that Konami doesnt care if all your code are from the artbook. Which means it could be bad for people who decide to wait since supply is limited.

[quote name='jimbodan']

entrants use any other device or artifice to obtain additional entries
. Any entrant who
disqualified.)[/quote]

That's exactly where they are gonna tag people. You can argue technicalitites all you want, but the good thing about being Konami is that they don't have to argue with you. They don't even have to win, they can just say "You tried to screw the system, no you don't get anything". You can whine and moan and complain, but that's who it will be. I'll start taking wagers on it next week. No matter how you look at it, entering multiple artbook codes can only hurt, it can't help when all you had to do was wait for 2 more legit codes. It was stupid really, there's no doubt they would have/will show up here.

Dave

The only thing is if you ACTUALLY have multiple copies of the artbook. Why should that person be screwed when they did nothing wrong. My local GS throws promo stuff away all the time so I asked them for more than one artbook since they only had 2 pre orders and they were going to ditch the extra books. I will find the other 2 codes and enter them but really, Konami couldn't care less about this. They are busy at work on new games to make money, not thinking up ways to give away more free crap.

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan']

. Any entrant who
disqualified.)[/quote]

That's exactly where they are gonna tag people. You can argue technicalitites all you want, but the good thing about being Konami is that they don't have to argue with you. They don't even have to win, they can just say "You tried to screw the system, no you don't get anything". You can whine and moan and complain, but that's who it will be. I'll start taking wagers on it next week. No matter how you look at it, entering multiple artbook codes can only hurt, it can't help when all you had to do was wait for 2 more legit codes. It was stupid really, there's no doubt they would have/will show up here.

Dave[/quote]

Yeah, but I bet if you called and said you really did own xx amount of Art Books, explained that you were a collector and collected Suikoden stuff they wouldn't DQ you. Where do they draw the line? Because I'm sure there are really people that do own multiple copies of the art book, 7 is probably stretching it, but owning 2-3 copies isn't out of the question. Sucks for those people.

I'm wondering if they even care though? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The rules state:

"Only one submission per household will be honored and the submission with the
most valid passwords at the end of the promotion period will be the valid submission.
are limited and will be fulfilled based on the time of submission while supplies last."

So if you enter 5 codes now, and then 7 codes at a later date, the entry occurring last takes precedence. Since there are limited quantaties of prizes, and they will be given out on a first-come first-served basis, you are possibly screwing yourself by entering codes later.

Personally, I just want the soundtrack, so I just entered the 4 available codes now. I am a soundtrack junkie. :D Sucks that I have to wait until the middle of April for it to arrive.

[quote name='ketwyld']The rules state:

"Only one submission per household will be honored and the submission with the
are limited and will be fulfilled based on the time of submission while supplies last."

So if you enter 5 codes now, and then 7 codes at a later date, the entry occurring last takes precedence. Since there are limited quantaties of prizes, and they will be given out on a first-come first-served basis, you are possibly screwing yourself by entering codes later.

Personally, I just want the soundtrack, so I just entered the 4 available codes now. I am a soundtrack junkie. :D Sucks that I have to wait until the middle of April for it to arrive.[/quote]If you enter codes using the same personal information that you entered the first time, it adds your subsequent submissions to that entry.

[quote name='Shadows916']tried using the number off my disc and someone else already used it![/quote]The razril one? I had to close the window and open it again (after reentering all my information) to get it to take it.

So after you enter all the codes, you dont do anything to make sure that they will send you anything? No confirmation or anything like that?

[quote name='moe11888']So after you enter all the codes, you dont do anything to make sure that they will send you anything? No confirmation or anything like that?[/quote]

same question

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='moe11888']So after you enter all the codes, you dont do anything to make sure that they will send you anything? No confirmation or anything like that?[/quote]

same question[/quote]

ditto

[quote name='Sarang01']What about Firefox? I entered 3 codes using Firefox. Should I have entered them in IE or what?[/quote]

I entered all the codes while using Firefox. It worked fine.

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan']

. Any entrant who
disqualified.)[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Or they can count each art book codes as one valid code. So that still leave two to be found.

Using Firefox, it's not listing off the codes I've entered or anything, andI believe I saw a screenshot in which it did that. Are my codes not being registered?

[quote name='KingofGames']:whistle2:o Perhaps there will be some new codes?[/quote]

It's only the password page that is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back