Suikoden IV - Free Promotional Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloakBass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Suikoden IV Official Webpage

If you head over to the "Promotions" section you'll notice that they have quite a sweet liittle promotion going on right now. Basically, after you give Konami some personal information, you can enter special passwords in order to get some nice free stuff. 3 passwords scores you a CD of Suikoden music, 5 passwords gets you a Suikoden coin, and lastly, 7 passwords get you a wallscroll. As of now, I've found the following codes:

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly advertisement: magsnowe48
2. Suikoden Flash Puzzle Game: chiepoo19
3. Suikoden Flash Battleship Game: kooluk63

Right there are already enough passwords to at least score the CD. The "Clues" section also reveals that the Suikoden IV Art Book also has a code in it. If anyone could help the CAGs out with that code, I'm sure we'd all be very grateful. As of now, I suspect that there's probably also a password included with the game itself, maybe the player's guide? More magazine advertisements? Keep an eye open.

Update: New Code Found!

Suikoden IV Manual: 150razril5

I will send them an email on this too. I have 3 artbooks and nowhere in their rules did they state you couldn't input multiple artbook codes. I have the 4 codes and my 3 artbook. If I get disqualified because I entered them all before they changed the rules then that is not fair at all. I am more than willing to resubmit my codes and only 1 artbook code and wait for the other 2 as they come. Really they should have had the mini games randomly generate codes also. I played them both and I hate those damn moving puzzle games.

When I played those games my codes appeared to be in all caps. I know several letters were upper case such as H, L, and E.

[quote name='RichD1']My 11 passwords are still in tact.
:)

And if I'm DQed, I sign up again. It's not difficult.[/quote]

Mine too. We win :beer:

Unless when they DQ you they DQ your address, since only one entry from the same address is counted.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1']My 11 passwords are still in tact.

Unless when they DQ you they DQ your address, since only one entry from the same address is counted.[/quote]

work, parents, girlfriend.....her parents....etc :lol:

How do you guys view what passwords you've entered? I want to make sure my entry is ok. I pre-ordered 2 copies of Suikoden 4, so I got 2 artbooks, I want to check my entry and make sure I don't get DQ'd.

Could it possibly be that the reason it won't keep my artbook code on there be because I entered my artbook code here at work and not at my house like I did with the other four? Because I have an artbook and it accepts my code here at work, it just won't be there the next time I open up the window.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1']My 11 passwords are still in tact.

Unless when they DQ you they DQ your address, since only one entry from the same address is counted.[/quote]

work, parents, girlfriend.....her parents....etc :lol:[/quote]

Yes, but it's something for some people to consider.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='RichD1']My 11 passwords are still in tact.

Mine too. We win :beer:[/quote]

Are you guys simple? They aren't gonna make a big deal about it, you just aren't gonna get your stuff. You won't know until the middle of march when everyone is getting their things and you aren't. If you want to take your chances and fraudulently enter in other addresses to get your stuff that's your perogative, but try and keep your douchiness to yourselves.

Dave

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker']This was from a reliable source at Konami, but if you want to contact them to voice your displeaure or alert them of scamming please feel free to do so. The reason why they wouldn't allow just one is because now there's lots of potential people that have just ONE that now can't use the code because someone else stole it. Those people would have an unfair shot at getting the contest items now - and the goal is that everyone have an equal shot at getting something. But as I said, that's why they are gonna wait and see how many complaints they get - there's a whole month before this contest is over you know.

Dave[/quote]

Hmmm, fair enough

I just think it's kinda lame that some die hard Suikoden fans that bought multiple copies are going to get screwed over by being DQed. Maybe they should just not count any art book codes, release a new one and NOT DQ everyone that entered multiple codes.

I assume they are aware of that stupid caps exploit that idiot poster mentioned earlier? Or should I bother e-mailing them about that?[/quote]

Yeah, that does kinda suck, but out of all the people that entered in multiple artbook codes maybe 1% are "die-hard" fans. Even if its not spelled, common sense should tell you that you can't enter in more than one code from the same source. That's the reason everyone gets the same code from the damn mini-games, otherwise you can just keep playing the same game and get different codes to use. What I find very humorous are the same people that bitch about hoarding sale games and returning games without receipts are people blatantly bragging about how they cheated the system. Real winners there :)

I dunno if they are aware of the caps thing, but they check to see what codes you entered and how fast you did it - that seems like an easy one to spot.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker']This was from a reliable source at Konami, but if you want to contact them to voice your displeaure or alert them of scamming please feel free to do so. The reason why they wouldn't allow just one is because now there's lots of potential people that have just ONE that now can't use the code because someone else stole it. Those people would have an unfair shot at getting the contest items now - and the goal is that everyone have an equal shot at getting something. But as I said, that's why they are gonna wait and see how many complaints they get - there's a whole month before this contest is over you know.

Dave[/quote]

Hmmm, fair enough

I just think it's kinda lame that some die hard Suikoden fans that bought multiple copies are going to get screwed over by being DQed. Maybe they should just not count any art book codes, release a new one and NOT DQ everyone that entered multiple codes.

I assume they are aware of that stupid caps exploit that idiot poster mentioned earlier? Or should I bother e-mailing them about that?[/quote]

Yeah, that does kinda suck, but out of all the people that entered in multiple artbook codes maybe 1% are "die-hard" fans. Even if its not spelled, common sense should tell you that you can't enter in more than one code from the same source. That's the reason everyone gets the same code from the damn mini-games, otherwise you can just keep playing the same game and get different codes to use. What I find very humorous are the same people that bitch about hoarding sale games and returning games without receipts are people blatantly bragging about how they cheated the system. Real winners there :)

I dunno if they are aware of the caps thing, but they check to see what codes you entered and how fast you did it - that seems like an easy one to spot.

Dave[/quote]

The caps seems to be real since the codes I got were in all caps from the games. It accepted lower case also. At this point, I think they should just tighten up the entry parameters and wipe the database to give the honest people a chance to re-enter according to the new rules and not get screwed.

[quote name='Whambamm']Could it possibly be that the reason it won't keep my artbook code on there be because I entered my artbook code here at work and not at my house like I did with the other four? Because I have an artbook and it accepts my code here at work, it just won't be there the next time I open up the window.[/quote]

Maybe someone used your code already?

well theres another reason why only one code will work, they want you to use codes from all the magazines they put them into, it makes more money for them

[quote name='Aryss'] At this point, I think they should just tighten up the entry parameters and wipe the database to give the honest people a chance to re-enter according to the new rules and not get screwed.[/quote]

Now that I could go for.

If the artbook codes don't end up being disqualified does anyone know a good place for me to look to get one with game? I know they were suppose to be all preorder items but I was out of town and didn't know about the promo. See: On vacation in South Korea near the end of December and vacation in Japan through most of January.
p.s. I'm not paying extra for one so don't bother PMing me about it if you have one.

[quote name='Sarang01']If the artbook codes don't end up being disqualified does anyone know a good place for me to look to get one with game? I know they were suppose to be all preorder items but I was out of town and didn't know about the promo. See: On vacation in South Korea near the end of December and vacation in Japan through most of January.
p.s. I'm not paying extra for one so don't bother PMing me about it if you have one.[/quote]

Ask around at gamestops if they have any extras. Worked for me, a nice GS manager gave me an artbook for free!

Thanks. Yeah I was talking to a friend of mine at EBGames.com/ . He said they had one but couldn't find it. I'm gonna ask him again but see how many preorders were left and if one was still active or something. If one is I kinda don't want to end up jacking someone's. Push comes to shove I'll ask Konami if they have some left. I know you may laugh at that but it never hurts to ask.

i think we should dedicate the rest of the thread to trying to find the last 2 "real" codes that havent been posted yet.

[quote name='spincut']i think we should dedicate the rest of the thread to trying to find the last 2 "real" codes that havent been posted yet.[/quote]

It's time to hunt the wumpus!

What I find very humorous are the same people that bitch about hoarding sale games and returning games without receipts are people blatantly bragging about how they cheated the system. Real winners there :)

Strange, isn't it?
I'm guessing it all comes down to selfishness.
This shows it, and then thier selfish nature make it more irratable for them to not get something when someone else gets a glut of it.

[quote name='Aryss'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MightySlacker']This was from a reliable source at Konami, but if you want to contact them to voice your displeaure or alert them of scamming please feel free to do so. The reason why they wouldn't allow just one is because now there's lots of potential people that have just ONE that now can't use the code because someone else stole it. Those people would have an unfair shot at getting the contest items now - and the goal is that everyone have an equal shot at getting something. But as I said, that's why they are gonna wait and see how many complaints they get - there's a whole month before this contest is over you know.

Dave[/quote]

Hmmm, fair enough

Dave[/quote]

The caps seems to be real since the codes I got were in all caps from the games. It accepted lower case also. At this point, I think they should just tighten up the entry parameters and wipe the database to give the honest people a chance to re-enter according to the new rules and not get screwed.[/quote]

I don't think you're going to have to worry.
I'd be sure they do a consistancy check on the entries before they go and award prizes....
and the first thing they'll do is look for duplicate enteries.

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='Kuma']they might be discounting the artbook codes altogether[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Dave[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that... it still shows my artbook code (from my actual artbook) :)

I actually don't even care if I don't find out the other 2 codes... the soundtrack and coin are good enough for me... the wallscroll likely would end up in the back of the closet anyway.[/quote]

Their first job was to prevent dipshits from entering in multiple artbook codes, which I believe they have done, although I'm not gonna enter in a 2nd one to find out.

Next, they will be throwing out all entries with multiple 5 digit artbook codes.

It is undecided if they will be disallowing all artbook codes. The plan for right now is to wait and see, and if there is enough complaints from people who say their artbook code has been used, than they will be replacing it with a new code in a different mini-gmae to be released later.

Dave[/quote]

Seems completely reasonable. It only takes a few jerkoffs to ruin something nice like this, doesn't it?
It's things like this that make me disappointed in CAG every so often.
Just when I'm thinking that people can get along and share (since they're sharing deals, which could mean they get less) some people go and do something like this.

[quote name='JSweeney']
Through fire, justice is served!
A hero in shining armor is called!
To vanquish evil, I have been charged!!
[/quote]

Totally off topic but Mischief Makers kicks ass.

I doubt they'll discount artbook codes altogether, thet'd be crazy. At least I hope they don't as I only entered one code from the artbook that I have. They'll probably just say you can only enter one artbook code person, discounting the other codes anyone has entered, that would make the most sense IMO. If they discount them altogether they'd be pissing off some actual potential future customers not just cheaters.

And by the way have there been any leads on the last 2 codes?

[quote name='spincut']i think we should dedicate the rest of the thread to trying to find the last 2 "real" codes that havent been posted yet.[/quote]
what a novel concept...

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='masha'][quote name='RichD1']My 11 passwords are still in tact.

Mine too. We win :beer:[/quote]

Are you guys simple? They aren't gonna make a big deal about it, you just aren't gonna get your stuff. You won't know until the middle of march when everyone is getting their things and you aren't. If you want to take your chances and fraudulently enter in other addresses to get your stuff that's your perogative, but try and keep your douchiness to yourselves.

Dave[/quote]

Somebody's mad :lol:

Look I know your Mr. Law-abiding lawyer goody goodknick, and I know you want justice to prevail and all of us "evil doers" pay. But face facts: Konami just doesn't care. You're right they're not going to make a big fuss, they're not going to do anything, period.

And as said before, if they do, what stops us from signing up again?

What an amateur.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
Somebody's mad :lol: [/quote]

Who might that be? Why not go back to about 3 or 4 pages in to thread where KingofGames said that we had our codes in 2 days before this thread even started, right after the contest is up. I'm getting my soundtrack and coin no matter what, and if I end up with 2 more codes to get a wall scroll, HUZZAH, but if not, I'm not losing any sleep over it. What's there to be mad about?

Look I know your Mr. Law-abiding lawyer goody goodknick, and I know you want justice to prevail and all of us "evil doers" pay. But face facts: Konami just doesn't care. You're right they're not going to make a big fuss, they're not going to do anything, period. [/quote]

It's a shame that the source for these "facts" is up your ass, because that's obviously where you pulled them out from. A few pages back, I posted Konamis stance, which was fix the problem so only one artbook is accepted. Then, go and weed out all the illegitimate entries. 3 - decide whether or not to allow the artbook code, and if not to replace it with a new code from another mini-game. And lo and behold, before I even got a chance to post that info, they already did the first thing on the checklist and fixed the password entry. So that means they don't care? That means they aren't going to do anything?

So what's more likely to be a FACT: I'm just mad for some unexplained reason and started making stuff up that coincidentally Konami decided to do, or that I'm right and you are full of shit, and for some reason are in denial about your ability to cheat a contest for a few measly promo items and get away with it? (By the way, that speaks more than enough about you than any insult I can sling). Get a clue.

And as said before, if they do, what stops us from signing up again?[/quote]

And as I said before, "If you want to take your chances and fraudulently enter in other addresses to get your stuff that's your perogative, but try and keep your douchiness to yourselves. "

Dave Olson

I went ahead and e-mailed Konami about the contest, as I am one that used 3 codes from 3 legit artbooks and I was concerned about being thrown in with the others. Here's the response:

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. If you have not already received an email detailing the password and art book codes, you will receive one shortly that will explain the entry info very clearly.

Sincerely,

Konami Support

It's not much, but they know about the issue and will be saying something soon...

[quote name='Starky27']I went ahead and e-mailed Konami about the contest, as I am one that used 3 codes from 3 legit artbooks and I was concerned about being thrown in with the others. Here's the response:

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. If you have not already received an email detailing the password and art book codes, you will receive one shortly that will explain the entry info very clearly.

Sincerely,

Konami Support

It's not much, but they know about the issue and will be saying something soon...[/quote]

I haven't received any email about this. I know that from now on you can't use more than 1 art book code, but will the people who already used multiples be allowed to keep them as part of their total?

let's talk about something a little more important, like how i only used 1 artbook code, and thusly still have 5 because no one knows the last 2 real codes.

Why is that important? :) The soundtrack and coin should be pretty neat, and the last 2 codes will show up - the contest isn't even a week old, they'll put the codes out

Dave

It's not of the upmost importance or anything to be honest, but they've got me so damn curious that I must know the last codes even if I got nothing out of it. It's like someone selling you puzzle with the final two peices missing.

also keep in mind, if you read the contest rules, that they say it's while supplies last and based on when the entries are made too........

[quote name='spincut']also keep in mind, if you read the contest rules, that they say it's while supplies last and based on when the entries are made too........[/quote]

Which also means that the fools that used/wasted multiple artbook codes have inadvertantly created a surplus of promo supplies...assuming that there was originally 1 potential promo set for every artbook printed.

BTW, if anyone has an extra artbook code that they don't plan on using...can you please email it to me since I don't want to rip off anyone elses code?

Also, why in Odin's name would anyone need 7 artbooks?

[quote name='Terabyte7'][quote name='spincut']also keep in mind, if you read the contest rules, that they say it's while supplies last and based on when the entries are made too........[/quote]

Which also means that the fools that used/wasted multiple artbook codes have inadvertantly created a surplus of promo supplies...assuming that there was originally 1 potential promo set for every artbook printed.

BTW, if anyone has an extra artbook code that they don't plan on using...can you please email it to me since I don't want to rip off anyone elses code?

Also, why in Odin's name would anyone need 7 artbooks?[/quote]

Suikoden = teh Ebay

[quote name='bbfinster']I need seven artbooks; I like to read a different one each day of the week.[/quote]

What is there to read in a art book?

Wait... so if Konami is going to remove the people with multiple codes, then why do we have two members who still have all their artbook codes intact.

I'm happy with just the soundtrack... The hell am I going to do witha coin? And the wall scroll would be nice, but it's probably nothing special (as it'd be expensive to make nice ones).

[quote name='Vinny']Wait... so if Konami is going to remove the people with multiple codes, then why do we have two members who still have all their artbook codes intact.

I'm happy with just the soundtrack... The hell am I going to do witha coin? And the wall scroll would be nice, but it's probably nothing special (as it'd be expensive to make nice ones).[/quote]

Konami hasn't said what they're doing yet, just that they'll be sending an e-mail regarding the art book codes...

[quote name='Vinny']Wait... so if Konami is going to remove the people with multiple codes, then why do we have two members who still have all their artbook codes intact.

I'm happy with just the soundtrack... The hell am I going to do witha coin? And the wall scroll would be nice, but it's probably nothing special (as it'd be expensive to make nice ones).[/quote]

The only thing I want is the soundtrack, so I'm happy with my three codes. :)

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='Vinny']Wait... so if Konami is going to remove the people with multiple codes, then why do we have two members who still have all their artbook codes intact.

Konami hasn't said what they're doing yet, just that they'll be sending an e-mail regarding the art book codes...[/quote]

Oh, I see. Well, I'll continue on thinking that they don't care much about this promotion until they actually remove the multiple artbook codes and only allow one.

Thank you for entering the Suikoden "Treasure Hunt" Promotion. It has come to our attention that some users are entering multiple passwords from the "The Art of Suikoden" Artbook. This has been possible due to an error in the registration program that allowed users to enter multiple Artbook codes, which has been fixed. All the unique artbook codes are considered one password and only one of the codes from the Artbook is valid per entry.

We apologize, but we request that you please re-enter the "The Art of Suikoden" password from your artbook (only one artbook password will be accepted) at the official Suikoden IV website using exactly the same contact information (Name, E-mail, address) you entered previously. Your new entry will be entered with the same time-stamp as your original entry to ensure that you do not lose your place in the verification process. Please note that all entries may be subject to verification
Sincerely,

Konami

(C)2005 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

[quote name='RichD1']Thank you for entering the Suikoden "Treasure Hunt" Promotion. It has come to our attention that some users are entering multiple passwords from the "The Art of Suikoden" Artbook. This has been possible due to an error in the registration program that allowed users to enter multiple Artbook codes, which has been fixed. All the unique artbook codes are considered one password and only one of the codes from the Artbook is valid per entry.

We apologize, but we request that you please re-enter the "The Art of Suikoden" password from your artbook (only one artbook password will be accepted) at the official Suikoden IV website using exactly the same contact information (Name, E-mail, address) you entered previously. Your new entry will be entered with the same time-stamp as your original entry to ensure that you do not lose your place in the verification process. Please note that all entries may be subject to verification
Sincerely,

Konami

(C)2005 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.[/quote]

I just got this email as well. It also gave me a clue to where another password may be. If you click on the island it looks like the top right most ship is headed to, it'll give you a password.

[quote name='RichD1']I know, I just posted it.

I now have 7 legit.[/quote]

How do you have 7? I'm only up to 6. I've got the four on the first page, the one it just gave us, and the one from my artbook. What's the other one?

Well, I have six of seven. I never got one of the promotional art book deals, and I wasn't going to try and take somebody else's. 6/7 ain't bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back