Suikoden V: Free artbook AND LE soundtrack preorder at ebgames (B&M, no online yet)

[quote name='Ecofreak']Sweet - I love artwork. Is it on par w/ that found in the LE Art book from GS/EB?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is... its the same style but alot more of it. From what I glanced through, every one of the 108 stars gets a pretty nice sized drawing, and there is even another section of art in the back of the book.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yes, it is... its the same style but alot more of it. From what I glanced through, every one of the 108 stars gets a pretty nice sized drawing, and there is even another section of art in the back of the book.[/QUOTE]

Sweeeet. I am so picking up this guide, maybe even two. One for usage and one for collection. Now if only the blasted thing would ship...

[quote name='Starky27']I know the Wal-Mart and Target sites typically discount guides pretty well. Though this is from experience, I haven't checked the actual cost for the Suiko V guide...[/QUOTE]

Not this time, guide comes in at $15.87 before tax and shipping. :whistle2:?

You guys just gave me a good idea. If I preorder FF:Advent Children from amazon, I'll just pick up the Suikoden V strategy guide to bring me over $25 for free shipping. Works out perfectly. Hopefully the guide and Suikoden V go rare.. I'm not even going to open my guide. When it comes to guides, gamefaqs actually has some use.

[quote name='chaarlieee']You guys just gave me a good idea. If I preorder FF:Advent Children from amazon, I'll just pick up the Suikoden V strategy guide to bring me over $25 for free shipping. Works out perfectly. Hopefully the guide and Suikoden V go rare.. I'm not even going to open my guide. When it comes to guides, gamefaqs actually has some use.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you're waiting until late April for both of them to ship.

[quote name='chaarlieee']You guys just gave me a good idea. If I preorder FF:Advent Children from amazon, I'll just pick up the Suikoden V strategy guide to bring me over $25 for free shipping. Works out perfectly. Hopefully the guide and Suikoden V go rare.. I'm not even going to open my guide. When it comes to guides, gamefaqs actually has some use.[/QUOTE]

Well think of it this way, Suikoden 2 came out a week before Final Fantasy 8 and didnt get much of the spotlight due to FF8. Suikoden 5 came out a week before another big name Square title, Kingdom Hearts 2.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Sure, if you're waiting until late April for both of them to ship.[/quote] Yeah, I wouldn't care when the guide comes in. I'm not even going to remove the plastic.

[quote name='Kuma']Well think of it this way, Suikoden 2 came out a week before Final Fantasy 8 and didnt get much of the spotlight due to FF8. Suikoden 5 came out a week before another big name Square title, Kingdom Hearts 2.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, everybody keeps talking about that, but I don't think Suikoden V will ever be rare like Suikoden II was/is.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yeah, everybody keeps talking about that, but I don't think Suikoden V will ever be rare like Suikoden II was/is.[/QUOTE]

Of course not but i doubt it will be as available as 4 was and still is. Hell youd have a hard time finding 3 these days

[quote name='Kuma']Of course not but i doubt it will be as available as 4 was and still is. Hell youd have a hard time finding 3 these days[/QUOTE]
Really? I don't look for it, but I see III at plenty gamestops/ebgames. A bunch are up on eBay also it isn't priced very high.

[quote name='Zennousha']So is the art cell worth picking up for the 15 or so shipped it seems to be going for on eBay?[/QUOTE]

If you can get it for $15 shipped you're a lucky man.

Most auctions are ending in the $20 range before shipping now. I paid $25 shipped for mine. A friend who got it said the art cell is reaaaaaaaaally nice, though.

[quote name='Zennousha']So is the art cell worth picking up for the 15 or so shipped it seems to be going for on eBay?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MightySlacker']
Suiky5art.jpg

The art cell is on a flat rate priority envelope if that helps you get an idea of the size. Looks great. Shocked there hasn't been any on ebay yet :)

Dave[/QUOTE]

Based on the picture, I'd say, "Heck yea!" I've been most fortunate to find someone on CAG who sold it to me for $15 shipped, but think it'll be worth more in both collector's value and sentimantality should the game really be on par w/ Suikoden II.

Look into getting it before long, otherwise, prices may go up even more.

I was fortunate to acquire a copy of the artwork cell without preordering the game. Quality of the artwork cell is exceptional. I think the characters are actually printed on a transparent plastic cell superimposed on the background art...thus the name "artwork cell", I guess.

With the thick, black border, you can just frame the thing in a standard photo frame :)

bread's done
Back