Summer Sausage Search

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
before anyone says it yeah it sounds gay so whatever but in all seriousness ive been searching for a bit now trying to find some good summer sausage as well as places that sell it. yeah i could go the hickory farms route but they tend to charge alot at times and shipping can be a bitch and slow. id also like to know if there are any brands that taste better than theirs and if so what are they. any help is greatly appreciated.

Where do you live? We go to a place in Chicago that makes their sausage daily, and it's pretty damn good. I can't remember the name off of the top of my head, but if you're in the area, I could ask my dad.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Figi's

Seriously... shipped right to your door. It's gooooood.[/QUOTE]

doesnt look too bad ill try them out next week.what do you suggest as far as the beef varieties go?

[quote name='Access_Denied']Where do you live? We go to a place in Chicago that makes their sausage daily, and it's pretty damn good. I can't remember the name off of the top of my head, but if you're in the area, I could ask my dad.[/QUOTE]

nowhere near chicago but if they deliver let me know.

[quote name='Jodou']I got a sausage for ya but I don't think you want it. . .[/QUOTE]

i should have seen that one coming lol cant hate on the classics.....and no i dont want it.

[quote name='lokizz']before anyone says it yeah it sounds gay so whatever but in all seriousness ive been searching for a bit now trying to find some good summer sausage as well as places that sell it. yeah i could go the hickory farms route but they tend to charge alot at times and shipping can be a bitch and slow. id also like to know if there are any brands that taste better than theirs and if so what are they. any help is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Find a local butcher shop. They usually have the best meats

[quote name='lokizz']nowhere near chicago but if they deliver let me know.[/QUOTE]

No sorry, local only. I would have to second what silentevil said, just find a local butcher shop. If they don't have any, they'll definitely point you to a place that does.

[quote name='lokizz']doesnt look too bad ill try them out next week.what do you suggest as far as the beef varieties go?[/QUOTE]

They sell a few decent variety packs. Usually include four different types of sausage (including Summer of course). Their Beerwurst is awesome. Some smaller sets come with a variety of meats and cheeses... which are also really good. They have a cheese with salami bits that's mouth watering good.

bread's done
Back