Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/27/11 to 3/5/11)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Best Buy offers up a buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get 1 free sale, along with a buy 2 PS3 Greatest Hits, get 1 free sale.

Kmart drops Vanquish to $27.99 and will throw in a free $20 PSN card when you buy the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops for $49.99

Toys R Us has Epic Mickey for $39.99 with a free Epic Mickey T-shirt. Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase and buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99 and get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Fallout New Vegas, or Dead Space 2 for $20.

Read on for more details and deals.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28- See post here

:psp: Buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get 1 free
:ps3: Buy 2 PS3 Greatest Hits, get 1 free
:pc: Dawn of War II: Retribution $29.99
:pc: The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff $14.99

GameStop (Ad)
2/25-3/3

:pc: Buy Starcraft II, get World of Warcraft free
icontrade.gif
50% bonus on trade-ins
:360::ps3: Pre-order Fear 3 and get the GameStop exclusive gun
:360::ps3: Pre-order WWE All-Stars and get 2 exclusive GameStop characters
:360::ps3: Pre-order Portal 2 and get 2 exclusive GameStop skins
:360::ps3: Pre-order Homefront and get exclusive GameStop multiplayer pack
:360::ps3: Pre-order Fight Night Champion and get exclusive GameStop Everlast boost pack

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: These offers do not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.
:360::ps3: Vanquish $27.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops $49.99 + Free $20 PSN Card
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham Asylum $19.99
:360::ps3: Fight Night Champion Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28 - See post here

:360: Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect) $29.99
:360::ps3: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $39.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops $49.99
:360::ps3: Dead Space $49.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:ds: Preorder Pokemon Black or White for $5, get either Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling for free when you pick up the game on 3/6. In-store only.
:wii: Epic Mickey $39.99 + free Epic Mickey T-shirt. In-store only.
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $34.99
:360: Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase.
:360::ps3: Buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99, get one of these games for $20 in same purchase:

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Dead Space 2

Last edited by a moderator:
tempted to get in on the b2g1 on the ps3, got 50 rz cert so i could get three games for 10 bucks basically.

ModNation and UC2 and something else...

FYI - US PS Blog (official enough I suppose) has 5 new GH games listed above - Heavy Rain Directors Cut, GOW3, UC2 GOTY, MNR and UFC.

If anyone cares, most Targets have Blue Dragon Plus (DS) for $9.99 or $12.99. I bought it last night, but going to go back and see if I can get the $9.99 that another store has it listed for.

[quote name='rjejr']FYI - US PS Blog (official enough I suppose) has 5 new GH games listed above - Heavy Rain Directors Cut, GOW3, UC2 GOTY, MNR and UFC.[/QUOTE]

finally Heavy Rain is a GH title, lets hope they add to the promotion.

Nice. Really hope heavy rain is part of this. Been waiting to get modnation, R&C:crack in time, and heavy rain. Would be one happy camper if I could get all 3 for $60!

[quote name='Donut2922']I think i've seen them do it after a day or two.[/QUOTE]

Got to resist from going to BB on Sunday.

[quote name='kaydigi']Got to resist from going to BB on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Are you still working at TRU? Just curious since I haven't seen any clearance price drops lately.

what is Heavy Rain directors cut?

If amazon price matches I will be in for Heavy Rain, Modnation Racers and either Infamous or Killzone 2.

If I had the money, I'd go: Demon Souls, Uncharted 2 Game of the Year Edition, and God of War III.

The Buy 2 Get 1 free on $10 PSP games have my attention, would have liked a $14.99 or less as part of the deal instead. Not many $10 games I'm too interested in.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']i need insight, do you guys expect 50 to be the best price for CoD: Black Ops for B&M ?[/QUOTE]

You misses several deals in the $40-$45 range best to wait for a B1G1 sale or a spend __get a __ gift card. Then again there's always used.

[quote name='AgentW']the ad also officially announces the PSP price drop to 129.99

it applies to all bundles, but it seems that all of the bundles have been discontinued with only the core bundle going to be staying in stock.[/QUOTE]

Just got the red and black GOW bundle for $130 they had the assassin's creed silver one and Hanna Montana there too.

Dead Space 2 for 42.xx sounds good since I JUST beat the first, but with my backlog debating if I want to bite now or later.

Also, here's hoping they have a deal on Pepsi 6 pack 24 oz bottles. I only have one left to last until the Sunday Grocery ads.

Wonder if heavy rain and U2 will be "GH" in BB system by the weekend?

I'll wait for a few of my CAGers to try this out first.

BTW, I'm just waiting until the B2G1 rinse/repeat madness starts again.........

edit: Just saw the ad. U2 will be in GH. Still not sure about HR.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I've heard good things about TDU2. May have to pick it up. Thanks for posting, OP.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if an average of 69 on GameRankings is good. :lol:

Is this in store only or online as well? I can't find any mention of the B2G1 on Best Buy's website, even though it lists in store only deals...

If Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain, and God of War III are in BB's system as GH I will be IN for this, either online or in store I don't care (online would be nice to avoid tax).

[quote name='Zimmy']$280 for the guitar???

I'm bet they wish they had this ready at launch time.
Now, who really cares?[/QUOTE]

There's still an active 10% of silver rewards zone coupon expires 2/27, not sure if it will stack though.

[quote name='Donut2922']Are you still working at TRU? Just curious since I haven't seen any clearance price drops lately.[/QUOTE]

I don't mess with any of the threads anymore after a mod closed one, while I still had relevant TV drops to post.

Will any stores price match a B2G1F promo? I have credit at Walmart, KMart and Gamestop I'd like to use on this deal.

Anyone have experience with the 'store pickup' indicator on the BB website? Every store in my area lists availablity as 'ship to store' for the games I was thinking of getting. Should I take that as they probably don't have any copies on the shelves...or is the website just not to be trusted?

Would rather save myself a trip that ends in disappointment, since that is usually my experience with Best Buy. However, it's hard to resist that GH sale with UC2 & Heavy Rain on the line.

*edit* As well, anyone have a rough idea when they restock?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Anyone have experience with the 'store pickup' indicator on the BB website? Every store in my area lists availablity as 'ship to store' for the games I was thinking of getting. Should I take that as they probably don't have any copies on the shelves...or is the website just not to be trusted?

Would rather save myself a trip that ends in disappointment, since that is usually my experience with Best Buy. However, it's hard to resist that GH sale with UC2 & Heavy Rain on the line.

*edit* As well, anyone have a rough idea when they restock?[/QUOTE]

Their stock locator supposedly only tells you if they have 3 of any particular item in store. So they could have 1 or 2 of a game, but it wont say it is in stock. So you have to call them or try your luck and go check.

Was also considering taking some games I had and trying to trade them in, but couldn't find definite answers on how to go about it anywhere. The BB website says my local store does 'video game trade-ins', but I was curious to know if they will just take my games & give me a gift-card for them right there, or if it was more or less just a drop-off point for them to send the games to some processing facility. I could only find info on their mail-in program, which does not interest me.

Also, I was curious if Best Buy holds items overnight.

Thanks.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Was also considering taking some games I had and trying to trade them in, but couldn't find definite answers on how to go about it anywhere. The BB website says my local store does 'video game trade-ins', but I was curious to know if they will just take my games & give me a gift-card for them right there, or if it was more or less just a drop-off point for them to send the games to some processing facility. I could only find info on their mail-in program, which does not interest me.

Also, I was curious if Best Buy holds items overnight.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ive traded in games there before and they do it at customer service all in store. Takes a few minutes...the hold thing is ymmv but most people will unless they are mean :(

Link to flash ad

:ds: Preorder Pokemon Black or White for $5, get either Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling for free when you pick up the game on 3/6. In-store only.

:wii: Epic Mickey $39.99 + free Epic Mickey T-shirt. In-store only.
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $34.99

:360: Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase.

:360::ps3: Buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99, get one of these games for $20 in same purchase:

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Dead Space 2

Good deal for those who haven't picked up Dead space 2 yet like myself. I Think I will grab FNC and Dead space 2.

I do.

Got a $15 RZ cert...may use it here.

[quote name='mgford11']If this promotion is an indicator of the sku's that'll work in-store, I'd say Heavy Rain is out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat233400050007[/QUOTE]

They don't have "new" copies of Heavy Rain even on the website so it's hard to tell what's going on. HR was my 3rd title, though, so this deal may go down in flames. I guess I'll have to go over and check it out in store to see what they have.

I'm going to call and ask if they have Heavy Rain in stock tomorrow, and if it's a part of the deal. every best buy is so far, and was planning to trade in some games to get credit for the buy 2 and get 1 free.

[quote name='$hady']Get molested for $34.99? No thanks...

BUT thanks for the ad! :D[/QUOTE]

Lol! That's one of the best post I've ever seen. I might get Epic Micky if I find a black Wii on AWD this week.

If Best Buy doesn't have a game on their website does it mean they don't stock them in store? I have a $10 gift card and since I have or played all of the $10 games I'd love to pick up Ys I&II Chronicles for $20. Since its not listed on the site I can't use the store locator to find it and I don't really want to go to every Best Buy to try and find it.

Umm, me. I will have this.

I made sure to work a bunch of OT this week so i could get it.

I am learning, and on a friends electric. This not only gets me an electric to learn on, it gets me pro mode on rb3, and it has a midi out, as per a big music website, the cheapest aside from some crappy youplay thing that isn't even full size is 1k for a midi out electric, so good deal.

I have looked for fine print on the ad but i don't see anything about needing to buy both Fight Night and Bulletstorm if I wanted to get Fallout NV and Dead Space 2. I am really hoping that buying just one will automatically drop the others to $20 if I can get Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2, and Fallout NV for $100 I will be crazy happy. If not I'll forgo Fallout as the inevitable GOTY with all DLC will be out near the end of the year.

Lol $hady what would I do without you here?!??

Well, what would you pay for it? The man can't give away his services for free.

[quote name='cawthor']Will any stores price match a B2G1F promo? I have credit at Walmart, KMart and Gamestop I'd like to use on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Walmart will usually price match if you bring in the circular.

bread's done
Back