Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/27/11 to 3/5/11)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Best Buy offers up a buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get 1 free sale, along with a buy 2 PS3 Greatest Hits, get 1 free sale.

Kmart drops Vanquish to $27.99 and will throw in a free $20 PSN card when you buy the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops for $49.99

Toys R Us has Epic Mickey for $39.99 with a free Epic Mickey T-shirt. Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase and buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99 and get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Fallout New Vegas, or Dead Space 2 for $20.

Read on for more details and deals.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28- See post here

:psp: Buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get 1 free
:ps3: Buy 2 PS3 Greatest Hits, get 1 free
:pc: Dawn of War II: Retribution $29.99
:pc: The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff $14.99

GameStop (Ad)
2/25-3/3

:pc: Buy Starcraft II, get World of Warcraft free
icontrade.gif
50% bonus on trade-ins
:360::ps3: Pre-order Fear 3 and get the GameStop exclusive gun
:360::ps3: Pre-order WWE All-Stars and get 2 exclusive GameStop characters
:360::ps3: Pre-order Portal 2 and get 2 exclusive GameStop skins
:360::ps3: Pre-order Homefront and get exclusive GameStop multiplayer pack
:360::ps3: Pre-order Fight Night Champion and get exclusive GameStop Everlast boost pack

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: These offers do not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.
:360::ps3: Vanquish $27.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops $49.99 + Free $20 PSN Card
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham Asylum $19.99
:360::ps3: Fight Night Champion Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28 - See post here

:360: Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect) $29.99
:360::ps3: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $39.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops $49.99
:360::ps3: Dead Space $49.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:ds: Preorder Pokemon Black or White for $5, get either Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling for free when you pick up the game on 3/6. In-store only.
:wii: Epic Mickey $39.99 + free Epic Mickey T-shirt. In-store only.
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $34.99
:360: Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase.
:360::ps3: Buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99, get one of these games for $20 in same purchase:

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Dead Space 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Well, what would you pay for it? The man can't give away his services for free.[/QUOTE]
I'd let him do it for free ..then say he touched my pee pee, go to court and describe a generic penis ( veins, shaft, head, possibly hair) in front of the judge, get a settlement and be set for life... Cha-mon, he he!

[quote name='UlysisAM']Walmart will usually price match if you bring in the circular.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart has denied me on B2G1 and also trying to match Toys R Us for buy Fallout:NV get the strategy guide free. They stated that they only matched prices and they will not match any offers such as B2G1 or buy game A, get game B free. :whistle2:(

[quote name='coolz481']Hmmm...I'm disappointed that Heavy Rain doesn't seem to be part of the new greatest hits additions yet. I'd really like to pick that up for $20.[/QUOTE]

It is. And for those wondering, it is the Game of the Year version of Uncharted 2 that's gone GH.

Can anyone answer this for me please.

I bought dead space 2 at toysrus on release week (still have it sealed) with some certificates that would now be expired. So can I get store credit back and re-use it to get an extra game for $20 since it's still within the 45 day period or will they not give me me the full credit since the certificates expired on jan 31.

Thanks.

[quote name='jazzman']Is Bulletstorm worth $40, if I pick up DS2?[/QUOTE]

Isnt that Bulletstorm for $20 when you pick up DS2 since it doesnt say $20 dollars off.

[quote name='125125']Isnt that Bulletstorm for $20 when you pick up DS2 since it doesnt say $20 dollars off.[/QUOTE]
How did you come up with this? The deal is pretty straight forward.

[quote name='125125']Isnt that Bulletstorm for $20 when you pick up DS2 since it doesnt say $20 dollars off.[/QUOTE]

No, it's buy Bulletstorm or FNC at $60 to get any of the games listed for $20.

[quote name='jazzman']Is Bulletstorm worth $40, if I pick up DS2?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking more like 30ish. Pre-ordered the PS3 version through Amazon and almost done playing the campaign. Anarchy (Multiplayer) is fun if you can get into a game for the first couple rounds but because people on PS3 don't use mics it's hard to coordinate team skill shots and you have that one person that's out for #1 and steals your kills. Wish they didn’t take out the co-op out of echo at the last minute but I’m guessing that’s going to be a DLC in a month with EA’s track record.

For anyone who cares, starting Sunday 3/6, when the Pokemon games come out, all DS games will be buy 1, get 1 half-off. Also, Sunday only, you buy either Black or White you'll also get some Black/White accessory pack for free.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm thinking more like 30ish. Pre-ordered the PS3 version through Amazon and almost done playing the campaign. Anarchy (Multiplayer) is fun if you can get into a game for the first couple rounds but because people on PS3 don't use mics it's hard to coordinate team skill shots and you have that one person that's out for #1 and steals your kills. Wish they didn’t take out the co-op out of echo at the last minute but I’m guessing that’s going to be a DLC in a month with EA’s track record.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The single player campaign isn't anything incredible, but it is fun. The online co-op, however, is pretty crappy. Unlike Gears of War, where you have to survive each wave, here you have to earn a certain number of points, as a team, per round. It's easy to do up until round 12 or so. Then it becomes challenging, but not in a fun way. I found it repetitive and aggravating. That, and the maps are so small that there's not much variety to them. My brother and I played for about two hours and felt like we saw what there was to see.

If you wanted Heavy Rain, you could always do the following (which is probably frowned upon):

Buy the two games you want plus one that's $30, return it to a store for a gift card and buy the game there.

Just went to the store.
Selection was even less than it is online (as far as PS3 games go).
No Heavy Rain, not even God Of War 3.
Plus the prices for some of the games are $10 more than you can buy them new from other reputable websites.

Was looking forward to this deal, but as it stands with the limited selections, this is a definite pass.

The "plus more in store" didn't work for me with the B2G1 PS3 GH. Took Assassins Creed, The Force Unleashed and Enslaved to the counter and the total came up to $64.xx. I enquired about the B2G1 for GH and the clerk went to the greeter to ask about it. She came back and said they didn't qualify because they were not featured in the ad. Each of these games were in their greatest hits section with the $19.99 price point.

Before I went to the checkout, I was talking with a guy from the games section about what games to pick out for the B2G1. He said nothing about the games I had chosen not qualifying for the promotion.

Anyone else have these issues?

Enslaved isn't a Greatest Hits title.

Was able to pick up a black label Heavy Rain (1st edition, no ugly Move cover), black label GoW3 and Uncharted 2 GotY edition for 60+tax ... Sweet deal, even though I kind of was rebuying most of them.

[quote name='asot']Good deal for those who haven't picked up Dead space 2 yet like myself. I Think I will grab FNC and Dead space 2.[/QUOTE]
me too.....

I can also confirm that Heavy Rain works. Yesterday they had it marked at $59.99. Today it was $29.99 and worked with the B2G1 sale. The store here only had two black label copies, both of which I picked up along with MNR, but it is included if you can still find one.

[quote name='etcrane']Enslaved isn't a Greatest Hits title.[/QUOTE]

It was located in the Greatest Hits bin and was also priced as such. I guess I shouldn't have made the assumption that it was converted to a GH. :whistle2:k If the link above is the complete list of games that qualify, The Force Unleashed GH doesn't qualify either.

I hate it when stores are vague in their ads just to get people in store. I have better ways to waste my time.

I believe the Force Unleashed is a greatest hit ... could be wrong, but Enslaved is what was stopping your deal from going through for sure.

Ooooh, I bought Bulletstorm there yesterday on impulse cause I needed to kill some time this weekend. I guess I've got some re-buying and returning to do this week so I can get DS2 or $20.

My store confirmed no Heavy Rain in my area either. I had Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet, and Modnation Racers in my hand but walked out without any of them. Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 were the only 2 I really wanted.

its a great deal if you can get the games you want but Im getting the feeling that if I drive out there Im just going to end up disappointed and either leaving empty handed or settling for some games I dont care about.

Unfortunately no store around me has GoW 3, GoW 1&2, and Uncharted 2 for me to pick up.

Not that I need to be buying any more games anyway.

Called my store today asking about Heavy Rain, they said nope we gots none. Went anyways, found about 5 copies so picked up that, uncharted 2, and GOW 3.

NEVER TRUST PEOPLE!!

I went by today for the PSP B2G1 9.99 and under deal...was hoping for Pixel Junk Monsters, Twisted Metal, and a racing game like Burnout Legends. They had no signs up (nor were the games that are on sale priced as such), so I asked an employee and he didn't know either. He ended up contacting a manger and was told that the flier was wrong or something and there is no deal this week. I hadn't seen the actual flier yet so I thought maybe I got the dates wrong but I looked it up online and it's definitely this week in store and online.

Is the flier a misprint or was the manager just a moron?

I wound up getting GH Batman, GH Resistance 2, and Uncharted 2 GOTY (in a regular case) for like $67 after taxes but they had to manually override the price for Uncharted 2 because it wasn't the red box version. Oh well, worth the wait even if I've already rented Batman and Resistance 2.

[quote name='ryuzx']For anyone who cares, starting Sunday 3/6, when the Pokemon games come out, all DS games will be buy 1, get 1 half-off. Also, Sunday only, you buy either Black or White you'll also get some Black/White accessory pack for free.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, is this at Toys' R Us? Sorry, this is the first I'm hearing about this, and it's the best deal I've heard involving the Pokemon games so far, besides maybe the Amazon credit.

Yeah I'm debating if the Pokemon wall clings are worth it. Can anyone confirm what size they are? I'm guessing they're no bigger than a few inches. If that's the case, I'd rather just get the $10 credit from amazon.

Today I learned that you can order from BestBuy.com for store pickup from more than one store and still have BxGx deals apply.

Couldn't find a single store that had GoW3, GoW 1&2, and Uncharted 2 in stock, but just now I made an order to pick up the two GoW games from one store and Uncharted 2 from another and I still got my B2G1 game free.

[quote name='Monroeski']Today I learned that you can order from BestBuy.com for store pickup from more than one store and still have BxGx deals apply.

Couldn't find a single store that had GoW3, GoW 1&2, and Uncharted 2 in stock, but just now I made an order to pick up the two GoW games from one store and Uncharted 2 from another and I still got my B2G1 game free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks great tip!

[quote name='nycmetsfan']no deals for :360: MLB 2K11? wow retail kiss my ass[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, brother... Mets fan on LI here ready to start my season already

Picked up Birth by Sleep for 23.99 at Best Buy. Came with the system decals. Probably just resell those to make the game less.

bread's done
Back