Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/27/12 to 6/2/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy offers Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Assassin's Creed Revelations (+$20 off coupon in @Gamer magazine) for $29.99 each and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City and Prototype 2 for $39.99 each.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop takes 50% off used Sony Move products.

icontarget.gif
Target throws in a free select Blu-ray movie ( Moneyball, Drive, Bad Teacher, or Columbiana) when you buy Uncharted 3 ($39.99), Call of Duty: MW3 ($49.99), MLB 12: The Show ($59.99), or Tiger PGA 13 ($59.99).

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R U discounts SSX, Mass Effect 3, and Prototype 2 to $19.99 when purchased with Max Payne 3 or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers ($59.99).[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $39.99
:360::ps3: Prototype 2 $39.99
:360::ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $29.99
Can be $9.99 with the $20 off @Gamer Coupon this month​
:ps3: MW3 320Gb PS3 Bundle $299.99
FREE Rocketfish Premium Bluetooth Headset with Purchase ($69.99 Value)​
:ps3: Killzone 3 and Digital Camo Dualshock Controller Pack $59.99
:ps3: PS3 Starter Kit $24.99
Includes PS Dualshock Charging Station and BD Remote 1.0​
:ps3: Turtle Beach P11 $44.99
:360: Turtle Beach X12 $44.99
FREE Rocketfish Headset Stand with Purchase of ANY Turtle Beach Headset ($14.99 Value)​
GameStop (Ad)
Valid until 5/29

20% off Triton headset with the purchase of Ghost Recon
:ps3: 50% off select used Move products
:360::ps3: Soulcalibur V $39.99
:360::ps3: Dragonball Z UT $39.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $39.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99

Kmart (Ad)

:ps3: Dualshock 3 $44.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:ps3::br: Free select Blu-ray movie when you buy a select game:
-Choose between Uncharted 3 ($39.99), Call of Duty: MW3 ($49.99), MLB 12: The Show ($59.99), or Tiger PGA 13 ($59.99)
--Receive either:

:ps3: PS3 320GB Console with Call of Duty: MW3 ($299.99)

icontarget.gif
20% off select accessories

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, metrostar- See post here

:ps3::360::wii::3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack $44.99
Skylanders single character pack $9.99
:ps3::360: Buy Max Payne 3 ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers ($59.99) Get one of these games for $19.99:
:ps3::360: SSX
:ps3::360: Mass Effect 3
:ps3::360: Prototype 2
:wii:Just Dance 2 or 3 $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Just making sure, did AC:R ever sell for $10 at Gamestop a few months ago? During their spring break week sale? Just want to know if I should be regretting it if I had gotten it for more than $10 at that time >.

[quote name='timmywanabreak']Just making sure, did AC:R ever sell for $10 at Gamestop a few months ago? During their spring break week sale? Just want to know if I should be regretting it if I had gotten it for more than $10 at that time >.

[quote name='strait edge follower']It was 20 during that sale and i thought it was a great price as i got a copy that came with part one for free. For 10$ Its a great price for any version you get. The game itself was great and fun but the story was horrible compaired to the others[/QUOTE]

Noooooo! You're right! I checked back at my receipt and saw that it was indeed $19.99....well at least I picked up the signature edition... just sad I did not even open it yet D: huge backlog lol, barely finished 2, still need to play brotherhood. Good price!

[quote name='goukill1120']At $10, Revelations is a steal. I'm up to Segment 7 and have been sucked in by the story. Is there anyway you can post which TV's are gonna be on sale for Memorial Day. I'm in the market for a new one.[/QUOTE]You should check HHGregg & PC Richard as they tend to be cheaper and/or have better bundle deals(free 3D glasses, game system, b1g1 tv deals or free laptop/netbook with purchase) & have BB match the deal. Even though some of these would be specifically against the pm policy when purchase big ticket items on major shopping sales the store will be more willing to haggle assuming your skills are good.

[quote name='panda911']Can you still buy each version with 1 coupon or did that end with the batman?[/QUOTE]It was always YMMV but no per coupon wording.

[quote name='dviper2399']Any mention of Resistance for Vita thats being released that Tuesday?[/QUOTE]
Not a single thing unfortunately.

[quote name='phoenix529']So, I haven't been keeping up. Is there still a way to get Prototype 2's Steelbook from BB?[/QUOTE]

Well if stores still have stock on the steelbooks it will package out so you can get Prototype 2 plus steelbook for $40.

I bought ACII Deluxe last summer on PSN for $10, but I haven't played it at all since it wouldn't recognize my 20+ hour disc game save. Might just skip it and pick Revelations up.

[quote name='Dranakin']I bought ACII Deluxe last summer on PSN for $10, but I haven't played it at all since it wouldn't recognize my 20+ hour disc game save. Might just skip it and pick Revelations up.[/QUOTE]

For the sake of the great story (and great gameplay of course) dont skip part 2 as Its too important !

[quote name='Dranakin']I bought ACII Deluxe last summer on PSN for $10, but I haven't played it at all since it wouldn't recognize my 20+ hour disc game save. Might just skip it and pick Revelations up.[/QUOTE]
DLC for II is fun, but its not essential to the story or a "can't miss" experience. Finish your disc save, or at least watch the final sequence on YouTube. The Subject 16 puzzles and end are important if you want to follow the meta-story.

wow prototype 2 on sale again??? Its a really good game. I bought it a couple weeks ago when it was on sale last time.

[quote name='strait edge follower']For the sake of the great story (and great gameplay of course) dont skip part 2 as Its too important ![/QUOTE]

[quote name='@FIF']DLC for II is fun, but its not essential to the story or a "can't miss" experience. Finish your disc save, or at least watch the final sequence on YouTube. The Subject 16 puzzles and end are important if you want to follow the meta-story.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, I traded in my ACII physical copy when I bought the PSN version, before I knew I couldn't access my existing save. It goes against my CAG-blood to have two copies of the game, so I guess I'll just read up on the plot and watch what story sequences I can.

anyone know how long bb will hold a "pick up at store" order? thinking of buying ac-r online now and not picking up until after sunday so i can use my coupon. instead of going to the store now and doing the return/rebuy later. saves me an extra trip to the store.

[quote name='narec']anyone know how long bb will hold a "pick up at store" order? thinking of buying ac-r online now and not picking up until after sunday so i can use my coupon. instead of going to the store now and doing the return/rebuy later. saves me an extra trip to the store.[/QUOTE]

Store pick-up orders are canceled after seven days.

[quote name='Scorch']Store pick-up orders are canceled after seven days.[/QUOTE]

great, I'll order it now and do the return/rebuy when i pickup. thanks Scorch.

Get this paper ad today, and here are the deals:

Skylanders Starter Pack :ps3::360::wii::3ds: $44.99

Skylanders single character pack $9.99

Buy Max Payne 3
:ps3::360: ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers :ps3::360: ($59.99) Get one of these games $19.99:

SSX :ps3::360:
Mass Effect 3 :ps3::360:
Prototype 2 :ps3::360:

Just Dance 2 :wii: $19.99

Just Dance 3
:wii: $19.99

[quote name='jkircos']That MP3 deal looks pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say:

Buy Max Payne 3 ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers ($59.99) Get one of these games for $19.99:

I had to re-read it several times, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

I guess MP3/Prototype 2 for $80 isn't all that bad of a deal, but I think ME3 or SSX should be acquirable for $20 in just a couple months.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say:

Buy Max Payne 3 ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers ($59.99) Get one of these games for $19.99:

I had to re-read it several times, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

I guess MP3/Prototype 2 for $80 isn't all that bad of a deal, but I think ME3 or SSX should be acquirable for $20 in just a couple months.[/QUOTE]

i think every body knew what he was talking about without adding the word "FOR" not realy a brain teaser.

Hmmmmmm I ordered Prototype 2 online a week or week and a half ago for $60, does that "If the price changes before 30 days" offer good on orders placed online?

I know it's good for in store purchases but since online orders/stores always differ from their retail store for some reason, I'd be curious to know

Since when were Skylanders Single Character Packs @ $9.99 worth mentioning? Isn't that the new MSRP already for most places now? I hope this doesn't mean there's a further price hike on them in the future.

Anyways, definitely good news about the Skylanders Starter Packs @ $44.99 though. That is only slightly more than I paid for my starter sets in the past and I've been having a blast.

[quote name='sykotek']Since when were Skylanders Single Character Packs @ $9.99 worth mentioning? Isn't that the new MSRP already for most places now? I hope this doesn't mean there's a further price hike on them in the future.

Anyways, definitely good news about the Skylanders Starter Packs @ $44.99 though. That is only slightly more than I paid for my starter sets in the past and I've been having a blast.[/QUOTE]

The current MSRP for singles seems to be $8.99, Toys R Us was $9.99 even when most places were $7.99. Even GameStop has been $9.99 for awhile. I think only KMart is still $7.99. Walmart & Target is now $8.97 & $8.99 respectively.

[quote name='theking20']Hmmmmmm I ordered Prototype 2 online a week or week and a half ago for $60, does that "If the price changes before 30 days" offer good on orders placed online?

I know it's good for in store purchases but since online orders/stores always differ from their retail store for some reason, I'd be curious to know[/QUOTE]

I think the PM policy still applies, but even if it doesn't, you could always just buy a $40 copy in-store and return it with your $60 online receipt/print-out so it would effectively be the same thing anyway.

[quote name='Alex121006']i think every body knew what he was talking about without adding the word "FOR" not realy a brain teaser.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I stumbled over it (maybe I'm just slow) so thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='theking20']Hmmmmmm I ordered Prototype 2 online a week or week and a half ago for $60, does that "If the price changes before 30 days" offer good on orders placed online?

I know it's good for in store purchases but since online orders/stores always differ from their retail store for some reason, I'd be curious to know[/QUOTE]

Hey, I just talked to our customer service rep (I work at Best Buy in gaming, woo woo!) and she said that you can get the difference in-store. You'll "return" your game for the original price, then "rebuy" your own copy for the sale price. You'll need your e-mail recipt to do it. Of course, YMMV, but you can also do it through 1-800-BESTBUY if you want.

Hope this helps!

whats the trade in value at gamestop or even bestbuy for this? i have the game (unopened still) and see some people talking about trading it in for profit. Id think GS would give less than 10 bucks

@sdcranford: I was saying $9.99 shouldn't be an advertised special, that's already on the high end for Skylanders.

The Toys R Us, Target, and Gamestop stores in my area have all shifted to the $9.99/$24.99 pricing.

Walmart, nearby has them for $8.96 and K-Mart near me has them for $7.99, but hasn't been restocked with any new figures for a long while now, same singles are there every week, Drobot, Sonic Boom, Whirlwind, and Bash.

[quote name='Kenshindono']whats the trade in value at gamestop or even bestbuy for this? i have the game (unopened still) and see some people talking about trading it in for profit. Id think GS would give less than 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

The trade in credit for Prototype 2?

At best buy it's 21 for both systems, plus the 50% bonus, so 31.50.

33.60 with GCU (That's the acronym you guys use for Gamer's Club Unlocked, right?)

[quote name='narec']great, I'll order it now and do the return/rebuy when i pickup. thanks Scorch.[/QUOTE]

You can't do a return/price adjustment when you pick up an online order. The system prevents any returns for an hour or so.

I picked up a copy of Ass. Rev. today, since I was nearby anyway.
They only had a couple of copies left, so this will save me from having to go early on Sunday. I'll just do the price adjustment sometime next week when I'm back that way.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on this.

the Max Payne 3/Ghost Recon deal would be good 2 years ago or unless you already have credit there but it's just a general sale rehash. $40 sale price each basically which can be had w/i the 1st 3 weeks of release for any title that's come out. Now if it was 2 for $70 good deal.

I'm more than happy to wait for MP3 to go on sale for $40 so I can get my $20 cash back. And when Ghost Recon goes on sale for $40 hopefully I'll have my $20 credit so I can pm it then use the credit to get it for $20 OOP.

[quote name='Kyden139']You can't do a return/price adjustment when you pick up an online order. The system prevents any returns for an hour or so.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']^

Yup. You'd be better off picking it up a day early and then going the next day to fix it.[/QUOTE]

dang that's really lame, oh well not a huge deal. at least I assured a copy for myself. hmm, if there's a copy available on the shelf then it'll be easier for me to buy it in store with coupon and then just let my pickup cancel itself.

Meh, it's simply an equal (but more complicated) alternative to the $20 credit given by BB and others.

Those games are now $40, so buying one saves you $20. All the same in the end, only this results in forcing you to buy something else.

I'd just wait for the inevitable post-E3 price drop for MP3

:ps3::br: Free select Blu-ray movie when you buy a select game:
-Choose between Uncharted 3 ($39.99), Call of Duty: MW3 ($49.99), MLB 12: The Show ($59.99), or Tiger PGA 13 ($59.99)
--Receive either: Bad Teacher, Columbiana, Moneyball, or Drive

:ps3: PS3 320GB Console with Call of Duty: MW3 ($299.99)

20% off select accessories

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from Toys R Us, they're running a B1G1 half off special on Skylanders singles. Maybe that was info left out by the OP and why they advertised it at $9.99 even though that's regular price for them.

bread's done
Back