Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/1 to 6/7)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy offers a $10 gift card with Murdered: Soul Suspect, a $5 bonus with a $25 Xbox Gift Card, and 50% off select Blizzard games.  Get $20 off when you buy Mario Kart 8 plus Disney Infinity, Sonic Lost World, Just Dance 2014, or CoD: Black Ops II.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a 40% trade-in bonus towards Watch Dogs and a pretty decent PC Download Sale.

icontarget.gif
Target also offers a $10 gift card with Murdered: Soul Suspect.  Save $25 on a year of Xbox Live or PS+ when purchased with Watch Dogs.  Get a free Mario inspired Wii U steering wheel with a Mario Kart 8 purchase.  Save 20% on the following games: Infamous: Second Son, 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, South Park, and Minecraft PS3.

Save 30% on "All Greatest Hits" games.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us knocks $15 off Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Packs, $10 off on Wii U Pro Controllers, and $50 off the Wii U Skylanders Bundle.  Buy any Disney Infinity Starter Pack and/or Mario Kart 8, get free game guides.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, howard - See original post

iconbestbuy.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect + $10 gift card $59.99

iconbestbuy.gif
50% off select Blizzard Games

:xb1: $25 Xbox Gift Card + $5 bonus gift card $25

:wiiu: Wii U Mario Kart 8 Wheel (white) $9.99
:wiiu: Save 10% on select Nintendo controllers, shown are the Wii U Pro Controller for $44.99 and Wii Remote Plus in assorted colours for $35.99
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 - $59.99
:wiiu: Save $20 when you buy the below games with Mario Kart 8:

• :wiiu: Disney Infinity - $74.99
  • :wiiu: Sonic Lost World - $49.99
  • :wiiu: Just Dance 2014 - $49.99
  • :wiiu: CoD: Black Ops II - $29.99
Credit to bainbridge's stache.

GameStop (Ad)

Ends 6/3

18_t.gif
Trade towards Watch Dogs, get a 40% bonus

:pc: Spring Sale

:pc: Diablo II + Expansion $59.99

:pc: Starcraft II + Expansion $59.99

:pc: World of Warcraft + Pandaria Expansion $59.99

Kmart (Ad)

Thanks, Enuf - See original post

All credits are SYWR(Shop your Way Rewards) points 1000 pts = $1
These credits earned expire on 6/21/14

Fine print states additional titles listed on kmart.com or in-store

*****XB1 price drop comes 2 days later, not sure if kmart cares though*****

:xb1: $50 credit (50,000 SYWR pts) w/ $500 XB1 AND 1 featured game including
$60 each TitanFall or Watchdogs

:wiiu: $40 credit w/$300 WiiU AND 1 featured game including
$60 each Mario Kart or Super Mario 3DLand

:3ds: $30 credit w/2DS AND 1 featured game including
$30 Mario Golf or $35 Tomodachi Life

$90 8" Google certified Tablet(8 GB quadcore)
$120 10.1" Google certified Tablet

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Royal High Knight - See original post

:360:  :xb1:  :ps4:  :ps3: Murdered Soul Suspect- $60 (Free $10 GC with Purchase)

:xb1: :ps4: Save $25 on a Year of either Xbox Live or PS+ when purchasing Watch dogs.

:wiiu:  Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle- $330

:wiiu:  Purchase Mario Kart 8 ($60), get a free Mario inspired Wii U steering wheel.

Save 20% on the following games:

:ps4: Infamous: Second Son- $48

:ps3:  :360: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil- $48

:360:  :ps3: South Park The Stick of Truth- $48

:ps3: Minecraft- $16

Save 30% on  *All Greatest Hits:

Only the following are shown on the ad

:ps3: Infamous Collection- $14

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5- $14

:360: Halo Reach- $14

:360:  GTA 4- $14

credit to bainbridge's stache

Toys R Us (Ad)

Save $15 - ALL Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Packs
:wiiu: Save $10 on ALL Wii U Pro Controllers

:wiiu: Save $50 on the Wii U Skylanders Bundle
icontoysrus_r1.gif
FREE Game Guide when you buy ANY Disney Infinity Starter Pack - in store only
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 Game Guide when you buy Mario Kart 8 for Wii U - in store only

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
So for everyone that preordered wait a few days because BB will hold the game for 5 days and then pick it up when this ad starts. You'll still get your game but you'll also take advantage of the 20$ off offer.

Black ops 2 is 23.99 for ps3, 20% off plus $20 off

Win. Edit nvm tired and missed the wii u symbol.

Dunce hat.

its kinda odd that he is in this and will be in avengers 2 lol
What? Seriously? Are they played by the same guy?

X-Men is Fox. Avengers is Disney. I thought it had been established time and again that these movies weren't linked, so if they are bringing X-Men into this whole Marvel movieverse nonsense..... well let's just say both franchises are convoluted, plothole-ridden messes without needlessly linking them further. I'll never understand this obsession with crossovers.

While we are on the topic, what was with the ending of Amazing Spider-Man 2? Was that just an ad for the new X-Men movie or are they shoehorning in Spider-Man now too? And if so why?

I'm planning on catching X-Men in theaters eventually.... but I have 0 interest in the Avengers. And if events in one are going to impact a character in another I'll quit watching altogether. It's not worth following this Avenger nonsense, especially when Disney is pulling their usual shit and charging a premium for these movies.

Why would Gran Turismo 5 be $15 when by the time the ad is out, the online is dead? That's very evil of Sony and Target.

Haven't the servers for that game been shut down already? I was told they even disabled or "expired" the vouchers for the DLC. At this point the game shouldn't be sold at all.

Last edited:
I think im doing the TRU deal so I can get DK 40% off. Anyone knows a better deal? Is DK I good game or what would you recommend?
You're better-off going to Best Buy, if you have GCU.

Toys R Us:

Mario Kart 8 = $60

40% off Donkey Kong = 40% off $50 = $30

TOTAL = $90, $20 saved.

Best Buy with GCU:

20% off Mario Kart 8 = 20% off $60 = $48

20% off Donkey Kong = 20% off $50 = $40

TOTAL = $88, $22 saved

But again, that's only if you're getting the GCU membership, which I went ahead and did. I was planning on going to TRU for that deal as well until I got GCU.

So $48 MK8 + $10 gas card + $24 Sonic lost world + 144 base MBB pts not bad

Sonic trades in for $22.40 w/GCU currently which may drop further

So $48 MK8 + $10 gas card + $24 Sonic lost world + 144 base MBB pts not bad

Sonic trades in for $22.40 w/GCU currently which may drop further
+ the free eShop WiiU game of your choice (NSMBU/LoZ:WW/Pikmin3/WiiParty). Nintendo REALLY wants us to own MK8.

+ the free eShop WiiU game of your choice (NSMBU/LoZ:WW/Pikmin3/WiiParty). Nintendo REALLY wants us to own MK8.
Plus a pm of the $20 off games may still allow the system to take 20 off & that`s not even including what a GCU glitch could do. Too bad we`re limited to WiiU there would be some great deals then.

Plus a pm of the $20 off games may still allow the system to take 20 off & that`s not even including what a GCU glitch could do. Too bad we`re limited to WiiU there would be some great deals then.
It never stacks like that. Their POS isn't set up like that.

You're better-off going to Best Buy, if you have GCU.

Toys R Us:

Mario Kart 8 = $60
40% off Donkey Kong = 40% off $50 = $30
TOTAL = $90, $20 saved.

Best Buy with GCU:

20% off Mario Kart 8 = 20% off $60 = $48
20% off Donkey Kong = 20% off $50 = $40
TOTAL = $88, $22 saved

But again, that's only if you're getting the GCU membership, which I went ahead and did. I was planning on going to TRU for that deal as well until I got GCU.
There's also the eshop cards that were ridiculously cheap. $25 for $50 cards? Something like that? I want MK8 downloaded so I never have to swap discs as I'll go back to it for the rest of the Wii u's life. Same with smash bros. Planning ahead got me mk8 at 50% off, the best deal of all ;)

But some may say "yeah, but you could save on mk8 at best buy and download other download only games"

Silly you, do you really think I'll be spending $300 on Wii u indie downloads? Lulz. I've spent $16 on eshop since the console's launch. And both purchases were regrettable

It never stacks like that. Their POS isn't set up like that.
Price match the game 1st, then have MK8 scanned & the "package" deal may stil trigger. GCU is the wildcard. I got skyrim or MGS legscy for $25 via a pm & then an auto $20 off offer.

Dont give Worst buy that much credit, I bitch about everything

They just happen to be extra incompetent at what they do
As a newer GCU member, I've been going to BB a lot. I can confirm the incompetence. I had to give THEM key information on laptops when I was shopping for a chromebook. Pretty sad stuff. I also had to explain the difference between a model number and the model name (which, to their credit, is a letter and a couple numbers).

I went back that next week to pick up Wolfenstein and none of them were stocked in the gaming section; they were ALL up front at customer service and took then a while to find a copy for me. Pretty pathetic. Cool environment though.

All credits are SYWR(Shop your Way Rewards) points 1000 pts = $1
These credits earned expire on 6/21/14

Fine print states additional titles listed on kmart.com or in-store

*****XB1 price drop comes 2 days later, not sure if kmart cares though*****
$50 credit (50,000 SYWR pts) w/ $500 XB1 AND 1 featured game including
$60 each TitanFall or Watchdogs

$40 credit w/$300 WiiU AND 1 featured game including
$60 each Mario Kart or Super Mario 3DLand

$30 credit w/2DS AND 1 featured game including
$30 Mario Golf or $35 Tomodachi Life

$90 8" Google certified Tablet(8 GB quadcore)
$120 10.1" Google certified Tablet

Yeah, those game options are total crap. infinityis the only MAYBE, but that would have required a sale first. $55 for a game getting a new release in the fall is too much. The game shoudl be at $50 by now.

But the real things you'd want are 3D World and Tropical Freeze, no question. I guess the saving grace is GCU, so I could get this for $52 after tax, not $65.

Yeah, those game options are total crap. infinityis the only MAYBE, but that would have required a sale first. $55 for a game getting a new release in the fall is too much. The game shoudl be at $50 by now.

But the real things you'd want are 3D World and Tropical Freeze, no question. I guess the saving grace is GCU, so I could get this for $52 after tax, not $65.
Tropical freeze was already on sale @ BB I think $40 w/GCU

Not a bad deal on "buy the console plus buy the game" offers. 

My netbook is dying from years of wear and tear, so those tablet deals have my attention.

Its actually $40 after GCU right now since MSRP is $50. the price actually dropped to $40 ($32 after GCU)on 3/30
I knew there was a sale pretty early on don`t have a WiiU thought all their 1st party stuff was $60 like mario.

Not a bad deal on "buy the console plus buy the game" offers.
My netbook is dying from years of wear and tear, so those tablet deals have my attention.
Man you missed the previous threads from a month ago where you got $5 award card for every $25 kmart gc. There were a few amazing double dips since they had tablet that offered up to $50 credit. $300+ tablet with most of that amount coming right back in credit. Even the kindle had 1-2 good offers.

Wish there was a $40 credit on the PS4. I would jump on that.
As stated above you could`ve gotten $84 credit on PS4 & $114 on an XB1
Be on the lookout for the next BB 5x pt promo you can double dip for mybb certs & since they reduce the tax on the PS4. For $60 in fees you can take off $200+ tax from the cost of a PS4. $260 PS4 is better than $400 w/$40 credit anyday.

Here`s the thread for consoles & there`s a $70 credit w/$160 tablet in there too, I think the one from two weks later had the best offers
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329698-413-419-104-credit-wxb1-84-wps3-or-ps4-24-wyoshis-island-mario-party-or-pokemon-xy-74-3dsxl-34-wii-mini-20-mk8-po-kmart/

Supporting either of these will get you the BB double dip
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/4878?device-view=desktop

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3621?device-view=desktop

Maybe a really stupid question, but it's just how I think..   The ad says save $20 on those titles and then shows prices... Are those the prices AFTER the $20 or before? Because I know how things like this work with stores.. where they raise the price and then put it on sale to make you think you're getting a better deal..  Or are the prices in the ad just showing you the current prices? So, BlOps2 will be $10 after the $20 off?

Maybe a really stupid question, but it's just how I think.. The ad says save $20 on those titles and then shows prices... Are those the prices AFTER the $20 or before? Because I know how things like this work with stores.. where they raise the price and then put it on sale to make you think you're getting a better deal.. Or are the prices in the ad just showing you the current prices? So, BlOps2 will be $10 after the $20 off?
those are pre $20 prices. No way games are 69.99

edit: nevermind, figured it out. Pumped for some PS3 collections. 

Just came back from BB with a mis-priced brand new BLOPS 2 at 19.99 and the manager gave me the green light to price adjust tomorrow because they made the mistake. Three free games for the price of one. :D/

bread's done
Back