Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/29/12 to 8/4/12) Kingdom Hearts 3DS Bundle $179.99

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on used games and is offering 50% bonus trade in credit on all games. Buy a Nintendo 3DS handheld and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for $179.99. Rabbids Alive and Kicking is $4.99.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop is throwing in a free select game and 4GB memory card with a PS Vita handheld purchase.

kmart.gif
Kmart includes a $25 gaming coupon with a Wii console purchase.

icontarget.gif
Target offers a $10 gift card with the purchase of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, 20% off select Vita games and accessories, buy 2 get 1 free on all Skylander’s figures, and 15% off iTunes cards.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us promotes a $40 gift card with the purchase of a 3DS handheld and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Buy Lego Batman 2 for any system, get any $19.99 or under video game OR Lego construction set free. Buy 1 Skylanders figures or accessory, get 1 40% off.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Gamer4life88 - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
Buy Two Pre-Owned Games, Get a Third Free
iconbestbuy.gif
50% Bonus Trade In Credit On any Game
:3ds: 3DS Handheld Console + Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance $179.99
iconbestbuy.gif
Get 2 Free Skylanders Characters When You Buy a Skylanders Starter Pack $69.99
:360: Get 50% Off a 3-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (reg. $24.99) When You Buy any Xbox 360 Console
:360: Kinect games on sale:
:360: Rabbids Alive and Kicking $4.99 (Reg Price $19.99)
:360: Disney/Pixar Brave: The Video Game $29.99 (Reg Price $49.99)
:360: Just Dance: Greatest Hits $29.99

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 7/31 unless otherwise noted

:360::ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 $29.99
:pc: Tera $29.99 CE $44.99
:3ds: 30% bonus credit on any games traded towards Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles II + Free Weapons DLC $19.99
:360::ps3: London 2012 Olympics $29.99
:psp: Buy a Vita, get a select game and 4GB memory card free
:wii: Udraw $29.99
:wii: Marvel Udraw $9.99
:wii: Disney Princess Udraw $9.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:wii: Buy a Wii for $149.99, get a $25 gaming coupon for a gaming purchase between August 5 through September 15.
* The ad says nothing about this being for Shop Your Way Rewards members only.

:wii: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games $29.99

:360::ps3::wii::3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:3ds: Kingdom Hearts ($39.99) w/ free $10 Gift Card
:psp: 20% off select Vita games and accessories –I don’t know which games yet
icontarget.gif
Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Skylander’s Figures
apple.png
15% off iTunes cards

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:3ds: Buy both a 3DS for $169.99 and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for $39.99, get a $40 Toys R Us gift card
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy Lego Batman 2 for any system, get any $19.99 or under video game OR Lego construction set free
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off all Skylanders figures and accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:
New recruit here at Bestbuy rewards unlocked! managed to purchase the sweet $10 deal of KOA w/ the mag coupon. Purchased another sub for my bro on his birthday.. Can anyone fill me in please, on the great deals of Bestbuy gaming, hidden features, stacked coupons and such if any exist? i'd very much appreciate anything worth noting. Thanks! :D

[quote name='RedZeppelin']Anyone know yet which Vita games are on sale?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Vita Games on Sale for 20% Off:

Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Modnation Racers
Reality Fighters
Little Deviants
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Unit 13

I may have missed one or two, but these are the ones I saw for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iwarboY']New recruit here at Bestbuy rewards unlocked! managed to purchase the sweet $10 deal of KOA w/ the mag coupon. Purchased another sub for my bro on his birthday.. Can anyone fill me in please, on the great deals of Bestbuy gaming, hidden features, stacked coupons and such if any exist? i'd very much appreciate anything worth noting. Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]

There is an entire thread devoted to the unlocked deals...

I was able to successfully price match at Best Buy and do a store pickup on Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 so that I could get the lower price ($31.99) and get the $10 certificate for store pickup.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Price matching kmart is a nightmare. I was on the phone with BB CS for an hour while they tried to get someone in electronics to pick up. Finally, they said they would just do thr PM anyway bc it was taking so long.

Whats gng pn with kmart lately?[/QUOTE]lately? Kmart has been lacking for years. I hate shopping there b/c there's not enough people working there & it takes forever to get in/out. Even the one by the mall is the pits I don't understand why they don't just upgrade the stores to a more modern style just like target.

[quote name='lochdoun']Not just K-mart, Amazon sucks now too (even Gamestop has been better than Amazon lately).

Best Buy has taken over.[/QUOTE]The revenue from GC & @gamer mag sales help fuel BB so the bigger the subscription base the better the deals. Last falls DOTD's were insane & from what I've heard they aren't gonna stop this yr. I just wonder what's the offers that will be designed to get people to re-up on @gamer subs. The Sept issue may have some superior $5-$10 games & they could even offer a new coupon that hasn't even beenn included before. If they go $10 ME3, $10 Skyrim & $10 MP3 there will be a bang & CAG will be offline for a few hours. But you'll still have people who won't subscribe but they'll buy at least 2 mags LOL.

[quote name='gogeta85']Dude The 3DS's Price....it's not going down for awhile probably like 2 years from now...cause at the price point Nintendo is selling them by the tons,plus Kingdom Hearts is gonna draw sells like mad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']I doubt it'll drop. There'll probably be a lot of deals like the ones you see now, like getting $xx when you buy the 3DS. But since the 3DS XL is $199.99 and not $169.99, there's no reason for Nintendo to drop the 3DS price.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the replies guys! Probably going to jump on this then. I just figured the 3DS already dropped in price 2 or 3 times already and its only been out for a year, and with the 3DS XL coming out they might drop it a little.

[quote name='Manifest95']Cool thanks for the replies guys! Probably going to jump on this then. I just figured the 3DS already dropped in price 2 or 3 times already and its only been out for a year, and with the 3DS XL coming out they might drop it a little.[/QUOTE]

The 3DS only dropped in price just once...from 249.99 to 169.99,cause the price was to high for the tech and hardly next to no games.

so I currently have LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Pirates sitting in my cart for $36. Anybody have a good recommendation for a 360 game to be the third and free title?

[quote name='Manifest95']Cool thanks for the replies guys! Probably going to jump on this then. I just figured the 3DS already dropped in price 2 or 3 times already and its only been out for a year, and with the 3DS XL coming out they might drop it a little.[/QUOTE]

3DS dropped in price once and they are losing a little bit of money on each sale but it helped them grow their market share so it was the right decision. They are selling very well at their current price and there is no need for them to lower it. The XL is only 30$ more and they are just different options of the same system. They will co-exist with eachother like DSi and DSi XL, it's not something like the original DS going to DS Lite. That being said, there are lots of little minor improvements to the XL that will make it the choice system for many, but for a kid the smaller one is perfect. Both units will be manufactured at the same time. If it is a christmas gift then definitely wait for some Blackfriday exclusive bundles. Those are always the best for these kind of things. No need to worry about it now.

[quote name='seanmcc']Wait for the XL![/QUOTE]

I agree the XL has a lot of improvements that add up for a system with better build quality than the original. I was about to get the Purple 3DS too just before the XL was announced. I don't even care about screen size but all the other little things they changed make it a better system. I wish they had a purple XL though, atomic purple GBC was my first system.

[quote name='seanmcc']Wait for the XL![/QUOTE]
I'm with you guys, but for me it IS mostly about the bigger screens. And it's not going to take me much to bite when a deal comes up for that. :lol:

[quote name='mtxbass1']There is an entire thread devoted to the unlocked deals...[/QUOTE]

and a very informative thread she was, thanks.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Does this include the character triple packs and adventure packs or just the singles?[/QUOTE]

Per the ad, it's single packs only.

[quote name='Nesboy43']3DS dropped in price once and they are losing a little bit of money on each sale but it helped them grow their market share so it was the right decision. They are selling very well at their current price and there is no need for them to lower it. The XL is only 30$ more and they are just different options of the same system. They will co-exist with eachother like DSi and DSi XL, it's not something like the original DS going to DS Lite. That being said, there are lots of little minor improvements to the XL that will make it the choice system for many, but for a kid the smaller one is perfect. Both units will be manufactured at the same time. If it is a christmas gift then definitely wait for some Blackfriday exclusive bundles. Those are always the best for these kind of things. No need to worry about it now.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! Been awhile since I touched a Nintendo system, so I have to get back into their pricing. Going to wait it out then, someone told me in one of these threads last week to keep an eye out for a New Super Mario Bro 2 bundle around Christmas season, so might as well do that. Thanks again everyone that replied to my post!

[quote name='Manifest95']Awesome, thanks! Been awhile since I touched a Nintendo system, so I have to get back into their pricing. Going to wait it out then, someone told me in one of these threads last week to keep an eye out for a New Super Mario Bro 2 bundle around Christmas season, so might as well do that. Thanks again everyone that replied to my post![/QUOTE]

From every review of the 3DSXL unit I've read they've said it is FAR FAR FAR superior to the standard 3DS unit (overall build, longer battery life, better 3D, screens don't scratch each other...)

just wait a couple weeks and spend the extra $30, it's really not worth getting the standard 3DS with the XL release so soon

[quote name='RedZeppelin']Thanks, Locarion![/QUOTE]
No problem!

[quote name='doggyflewaway']Does anyone know if the Gamestop Vita deal is in-store or is it online only? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I would believe that it is in store as well as it is prominently displayed in the weekly advertisement. In addition, previous Vita bundle deals have been in-store and online.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I've never ordered used from bestbuy, are the games complete? Or is it possible I'll be discs in generic cases ordering online?[/QUOTE]

Both are possible.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I've never ordered used from bestbuy, are the games complete? Or is it possible I'll be discs in generic cases ordering online?[/QUOTE]

Eiher is possible. I've had good luck lately. I think 12 ot of my last 13 from them came in the original case. YMMv obviously.

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Vita Games on Sale for 20% Off:

Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Modnation Racers
Reality Fighters
Little Deviants
Unit 13

I may have missed one or two, but these are the ones I saw for sure.[/QUOTE]

My Target doesn't have Uncharted on Sale. The "sale" tag says it's free with Vita purchase but the price is still $49.99. YMMV. Sigh. I was going to nab that one.

[quote name='RedZeppelin']My Target doesn't have Uncharted on Sale. The "sale" tag says it's free with Vita purchase but the price is still $49.99. YMMV. Sigh. I was going to nab that one.[/QUOTE]

It should be on sale - try getting a price check. If not, check another Target or order from their web site (the Vita deals are available there). You could always do a price match at another store (or in Target to get them to match their own website) as the deal is in the printed ad.

Hope you are able to get it for the sale price somewhere!

ok so best buy is giving out a 2 free skylanders when you buy the starter kit at 70$... kmart has the starter kit at 50$. can you get best buy to price match and get the 2 skylanders and the started kit for 50$? is it at all possible?

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Vita Games on Sale for 20% Off:

Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Modnation Racers
Reality Fighters
Little Deviants
Unit 13

I may have missed one or two, but these are the ones I saw for sure.[/QUOTE]

Resistance: Burning Skies and MLB 12 The Show are also included in this sale, I noticed them when I was at Target today.

[quote name='iwarboY']New recruit here at Bestbuy rewards unlocked! managed to purchase the sweet $10 deal of KOA w/ the mag coupon. Purchased another sub for my bro on his birthday.. Can anyone fill me in please, on the great deals of Bestbuy gaming, hidden features, stacked coupons and such if any exist? i'd very much appreciate anything worth noting. Thanks! :D[/QUOTE] Read the OP & follow the people in the thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324418

I would have grabbed a UDraw tablet for Wii @ $29.99 from GS but apparently that's for the used version. Stopped in to pre-order Borderlands 2 and had the guy try to ring it out to see if the price would change on a new one during checkout but it didn't. :whistle2:|

bread's done
Back