Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, I sit here in jealousy. My Target caught on to this the first time, though I was able to get a couple of flips and a keeper Zoo Tycoon on The Bone last time. I wish my store was run by idiots so I could grab a couple of games I have been wanting. The next-closest store is 45 minutes away, which isn't worth the drive. Grats to the folks still able to do this, I envy you.
Just try again right when the store's about to close. They get busy and idiots will have to come and help. I got an idiot to help me out yesterday and got call of duty ghosts (x1) for $6

PM and $15 off promo worked on dark souls ii and gran turismo 6 for ps3 and Diablo reaper of souls expansion all in one transaction.  Pretty happy with that.

Why does everyone ignore the cost of Madden 25?
I'm not. I paid $16.xx for it last night at GS, going to get $27.50 for it plus a $10 off coupon so $37.50 off the GCU price of $48. Net cost is $16.xx plus the $10.50 left after using the GC and coupon, so $27 for a day 1 release? Great deal.

EDIT: And of course, that $27 is all trade credit anyway. No out of pocket expense at all.

So according to the target policy on PM'ing

Combining both Target, Cartwheel and manufacturer coupons: the Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupons have been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.

And that is exactly what they told me. I was like, so you're telling me that the Walmart regular price is still better than yours even with a $15 off coupon?!? ... Well, then I'll just take my business to Walmart, and they were like... Have a nice day! WOW!

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence#q5387

I can confirm that trading in 2 maddens produces only one $10 off coupon.   If you want 2 coupons, you should do 2 separate trade ins.   I did one this morning with one madden and got the coupon, and tried again in the afternoon with 2 maddens and only got one coupon.

I also tried asking to put $10 down on madden and then when it came time to pay I had them scan my coupon.   On the register something popped up saying "this coupon doesn't work with pre-orders."   So it appears we have to use it when picking up the game(before the coupon expires of course)

So I have a question:   Is it possible to get more than one pre-order bonus?   If I pre-order both an x1 and ps4 version of the game and purchase both of them, will I get $10 in rewards points back on both, or just one?  Anyone know?

So according to the target policy on PM'ing;

Combining both Target, Cartwheel and manufacturer coupons: the Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupons have been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.

And that is exactly what they told me. I was like, so you're telling me that the Walmart regular price is still better than yours even with a $15 off coupon?!? ... Well, then I'll just take my business to Walmart, and they were like... Have a nice day! WOW!

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence#q5387
It says Exclusions

Item exclusions:

• Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.

Got Reaper of Souls for $14.99 without issue. Hitting the other Target in the area to check clearance due to having to drive that way anyway, but I doubt I'll pick anything else up.

I'm really only interested in getting more PS4 games since I only have two (RoS was for the girlfriend), but I'm really not seeing any even decent sale prices on any of the games I'd want (AC:BF, GTAV, TLoU, etc.) I'm happy about the $15 expansion though for sure.

It is sold by a third party so it might not work. If the customer rep allows it to slide you could easily make your own listings and just make out with a lot of stuff. Then again it doesn't seem right.
Flol, sure you could...until people start ordering your crazy low priced games and your listing runs out of inventory and/or you get a swarm of complaints about failing to deliver and amazon bans you as a result. Why not take it to the extreme and just create a listing for everything you want with 999 inventory at $.01 each and try to pricematch that, hahaha. For some odd reason I don't think it will work out to well...

Picked up AC 4 Black Flag PS3 for 5 bucks earlier.  Not bad.  Hope some flips materialize though, need to stock piling credit for black friday.

I can confirm that trading in 2 maddens produces only one $10 off coupon. If you want 2 coupons, you should do 2 separate trade ins. I did one this morning with one madden and got the coupon, and tried again in the afternoon with 2 maddens and only got one coupon.

I also tried asking to put $10 down on madden and then when it came time to pay I had them scan my coupon. On the register something popped up saying "this coupon doesn't work with pre-orders." So it appears we have to use it when picking up the game(before the coupon expires of course)

So I have a question: Is it possible to get more than one pre-order bonus? If I pre-order both an x1 and ps4 version of the game and purchase both of them, will I get $10 in rewards points back on both, or just one? Anyone know?

You would need two separate My Bestbuy accounts. It's only one pre-order bonus per account even with separate platforms. But if there were bonus dlc you could get multiple codes for each preorder on one account.

You would need two separate My Bestbuy accounts. It's only one pre-order bonus per account even with separate platforms. But if there were bonus dlc you could get multiple codes for each preorder on one account.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but this is the first time I've been compelled to buy more than one copy on release day. Such a great deal, well maybe not as much on the second copy if I can't get the additional $10 bonus

they were $18.99 in store? So I'm guessing the game doesn't need to be $39.99 or more for the $15 off to work.
No had to price match Amazon. The game only needs to be 'full priced' at 39.99 or higher at Target, which is why NBA Live 14 Xbone didn't work since it's 29.99 in store now.

Failed at one local stall even with lots of fillers added. CS saw the price drop from the PM to gamestop of Walking Dead Wii U after scanning the preorder card and called in a JD. Not my day...

Thanks, that's what I thought, but this is the first time I've been compelled to buy more than one copy on release day. Such a great deal, well maybe not as much on the second copy if I can't get the additional $10 bonus
easy, have your friend/girlfriend/relative sign up and make a mybestbuy acct with all new alias/ address, and have them preorder the game

Any good deals with Vita games? Getting D4 for $26 on release would be pretty good, but my Targets probably won't carry it.

Still wouldn't be getting the GCU if he had it on his normal account. Which would make it a wash as he'd get 12 off the other copy on his opposed to just getting $10 back off $60.

Think I am going to use my b2g1 coupon I got from renewing my pur acct and get 3 copies of madden. Seems worth it for this trade in deal.

Flol, sure you could...until people start ordering your crazy low prices games and your listing runs out of inventory or you get a swarm of complaints about failing to deliver and amazon bans you as a result. Why not take it to the extreme and just create a listing for everything you want with 999 inventory at $.01 each and try to pricematch that, hahahs
$100 shipping would shut that down.

I'm gonna look into the Vita thing. I never even thought about that. I was too focused on PS4 games.
They carry a very limited amount of Vita games. Most of the ones that are $39.99 + were free on PS+ at one point, not worth it or they have a new version with extra content.

I absolutely love my local Target. They not only are fine with giving me the price matches and the pre-order discounts, they think it's neat! The lady that normally does it for me thinks it's so cool that she brought over the new employee to show her. Then she grinned and called me a brat like she always does. Scored $320 in games for $150ish.

Failed at one local stall even with lots of fillers added. CS saw the price drop from the PM to gamestop of Walking Dead Wii U after scanning the preorder card and called in a JD. Not my day...
you should have thanked them...That Walking Dead shooting game is horrible.

I didn't see it listed with the other Xbox One games, but Battlefield 4 is 27.38 on Amazon. So $13.38 at Target, and $17 base at GameStop. Hardly amazing, but if you're looking for something to trade in with Ghosts from last week to get the 2 for 15 promo, it's pretty decent.

Well, then I'll just take my business to Walmart, and they were like... Have a nice day! WOW!
Lmao, people that say this do nothing but make us laugh at you after you leave the store. I've had someone throw a tantrum and told me to tell my boss that she's going across the street to shop at Wal-Mart from now on because we no longer carried Welchs grape juice. Seriously? Go right the fuck ahead.

I was trying to do this promo on Starcraft 2 (Wings of Liberty/Heart of the Swarm) and saw a new lower price  tag @ $19.99. Game over.

I know the price decrease has happen recently at other retailers, but Target was still lagging on updating their prices. You guys think it might still work, It was 39.99 very recently?

Last edited:
I didn't see it listed with the other Xbox One games, but Battlefield 4 is 27.38 on Amazon. So $13.38 at Target, and $17 base at GameStop. Hardly amazing, but if you're looking for something to trade in with Ghosts from last week to get the 2 for 15 promo, it's pretty decent.
Theoretically speaking, if you price match this with the $15 off and use the $15 off of Fighter Within stated earlier in the thread, do you think the extra $5 in difference would go towards the whole transaction, making BF4 ~$8?

If that holds up, you could use BF4 as base $17 mixed with the (probably astronomically low) TIV for Fighter Within and get $32 TIV with the 2 for $15 extra at GS. I know this is convoluted, so I hope someone gets what I mean haha

I was trying to do this promo on Starcraft 2 (Wings of Liberty/Heart of the Swarm) and saw a new lower price tag @ $19.99. Game over.

I know the price decrease has happen recently at other retailers, but Target was still lagging on updating their prices. You guys think it might still work, It was 39.99 very recently?
Maybe, I know from some comments someone got NFL 2K14 or something $15 off even though in store it is $29.99

Theoretically speaking, if you price match this with the $15 off and use the $15 off of Fighter Within stated earlier in the thread, do you think the extra $5 in difference would go towards the whole transaction, making BF4 ~$8?

If that holds up, you could use BF4 as base $17 mixed with the (probably astronomically low) TIV for Fighter Within and get $32 TIV with the 2 for $15 extra at GS. I know this is convoluted, so I hope someone gets what I mean haha
If the value becomes negative it turns to zero. You will have to pay a dollar for the preorder card.

Lmao, people that say this do nothing but make us laugh at you after you leave the store. I've had someone throw a tantrum and told me to tell my boss that she's going across the street to shop at Wal-Mart from now on because we no longer carried Welchs grape juice. Seriously? Go right the fuck ahead.
For some reason I put your story and the gif in your signature together. I imagined you were the person using the binoculars watching the lady go across the street for her grape juice.

If the value becomes negative it turns to zero. You will have to pay a dollar for the preorder card.
So it checks the value of the game individually instead of checking it against the entire order? I would think if there is balance remaining on the transaction in total, it might work. But oh well. Would be interesting if it worked, but still not too bad to try and get two games for ~$14 just to flip at GS either way.

Hey anybody know the best price on wii fit u? I'm looking for the game and meter. I don't need the game but I figure if I can price match then use the $15 off pre order deal. I could get both for cheap then trade in the game.

bread's done
Back