Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Do your target mobile departments have registers? Just curious. None of the targets by me do. If I want to buy a phone the target mobile rep signs into their computer to set up the contract and any possible trade in and ultimately hands me off to the electronics department to get rung up
Our electronics and mobile departments are on top of each other, so I'm not entirely sure. There is a register located in the mobile half of the area (not one in the other half), but the only time anyone's been back there while I was there to grab security boxes to send me up to C.S. for a price match. There is a terminal that the mobile guy uses for trade-ins separate from the register, not sure that it's capable of checking a person out, nor am I sure if the mobile guy is able/allowed to use the register, as all of much purchases there involved a price match, which meant going to C.S.

That said, even if mobile has its own terminals for its actions, someone's gotta be developing code for those for changes to occur, and it could be NW or Target itself. I mean, does NextWorth run the Target Mobile stuff entirely?

I think I am going to pick up The Last of Us (PS4) for $36 and try doing a price match for Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Vita) to Amazon and seeing if they will let me get if for $16.

I think I am going to pick up The Last of Us (PS4) for $36 and try doing a price match for Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Vita) to Amazon and seeing if they will let me get if for $16.
Pretty sure they put FFX/X2 on clearance for Vita a while back. I suppose you might find a copy but it won't be at the $39.99 price point most likely.

So I decided I really wanted to get DW8 and noticed Amazon recently dropped it to $30.  I just happened to remember that this deal began tomorrow.  Store price is $39.99 so it should work.  The only thing I'm curious about is which route do I take?

- The safe route, get the $1 pre order card and get the game for $26?

- The risky route, PM for $30, then get the 15 off for $16?  If if fails, $31?

Luckily my parents were gonna snag some stuff to cover up the discount a bit but even then idk if the $15 off will naturally come off.

A couple to look for are LotR War in the North (360 price at Target is $60 for some asinine reason) and NCAA 14.  The price of NCAA may have dropped to $30 by now at Target, but I'm not sure.

Pretty sure they put FFX/X2 on clearance for Vita a while back. I suppose you might find a copy but it won't be at the $39.99 price point most likely.
Thanks for the heads up. I looked on the website and it says not available in store or online.

So I decided I really wanted to get DW8 and noticed Amazon recently dropped it to $30. I just happened to remember that this deal began tomorrow. Store price is $39.99 so it should work. The only thing I'm curious about is which route do I take?

- The safe route, get the $1 pre order card and get the game for $26?

- The risky route, PM for $30, then get the 15 off for $16? If if fails, $31?

Luckily my parents were gonna snag some stuff to cover up the discount a bit but even then idk if the $15 off will naturally come off.
They will usually allow you to do one or the other if you fail at the double dip so don't worry about that.

You basically get the game free, plus the $1 reservation card. So anything that winds up in the negative is a buck total.
Based on this spreadsheet what if I were to buy Spiderman the Edge of Time which comes out to -$2.40 and Wipeout 3 which is .99 cents. Would it be $2.00 for the two reservation cards since Spiderman cancelled out the Wipeout, or would it be 2.99 since Spiderman being negative just gets zeroed.

Based on this spreadsheet what if I were to buy Spiderman the Edge of Time which comes out to -$2.40 and Wipeout 3 which is .99 cents. Would it be $2.00 for the two reservation cards since Spiderman cancelled out the Wipeout, or would it be 2.99 since Spiderman being negative just gets zeroed.
The latter.

Skylanders Swap Force 360 and Xbox One for $3.99

Monster Hunter 4 Gamestop $6.

Fighter Within for $5.99

Anyone know the distance the store must be for them to PM I have one 25 miles away and this greatly increases the flip items. Also if there is anyway to recover lost data on the spreadsheet that would totally help.

Well it seems like I suck at making spreadsheets I am missing a lot of good flips..... I will add them in later.

I realize now there are several local stores in different areas selling video games so it is up to you to find the best flips for your area.

Call Of Duty Ghosts -2.01 Tigerdirect

Just Dance 2014 3.99

Assassin's Creed Black Flag -2.01

Batman Arkham Origins -2.01

Dead Rising 3 $15.99 Microcenter

Ryse $15.99 Microcenter

Knack -$3.97 Tigerdirect

Call Of Duty X1 $5.97 Tigerdirect

Well no cartwheel items for video games this week as well. Things keep getting worse every time.

Madden 25s TIV went up. As I thought, you don't even have to trade it in towards a new Madden 15 to get those values. Also, the GCU bonus will work. 

Whoever does this tomorrow report here how the coupon thing goes!

Where are you seeing Skylanders SF to PM to?

And whoever did the wipeout math on the spreadsheet failed.  $14.99 - $15 = -$.01`

Don't forget the $1 for the preorder card. $14.99 + $1 - $15 = $0.99.
Yeah, I was reading the spreadsheet as if the $1 wasn't added in.

In which case, all the ones where the game part would be free should just be $1 for total. Since that's what the total will be.

Think I might get these (all for 360)... anyone else have a list?

Wipeout 3 - Free +$1 ($14.99 Amazon)
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $2.95 +$1 ($17.95 Walmart)
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen - $3.10 +$1 ($18.10 Amazon)
Batman Arkham Origins - $4.88 +$1 ($19.88 Walmart)
Just Dance 2014 - $9.99 +$1 ($24.99 Walmart)
Lego The Hobbit - $14.89 +$1 ($29.89 Walmart)
The Lego Movie Videogame - $14.92 +$1 ($29.92 Walmart)
Wolfenstein: The New Order  - $22.36 +$1 ($37.36 Walmart)
Watch Dogs - $24.95 +$1 ($39.95 Walmart)

Anyone picking up ufc at the GCU price? I'm tempted and don't think it'll drop lower in the next few months.

Looks like Target.com increased the price of AC Black Flag PS3 to 59.99, Amazon still has it for 19.94...I'm cool with picking it up for 5 bucks. 

eagerly awaiting to hear back from the first east coasters on how the Madden trade works, as I wont be able to get to a BB till this afternoon at least.

does anyone know if they price match Microsoft store? If so I'm thinking of getting WWE 2K14 for 360 PM for $15 which would make it free and Titanfall 360 for $30 which would make it $15 plus the preorder cards. $17+tax out the door. Not bad.

This deal is so ridiculous as a GCU member I feel like I need to get in on it today before BB catches on to what they're doing. $48-$25-$10-$10 = $3 to trade up my X1 copy of Madden? That's the tax on a new $60 game....

**And yes, I'll count the preorder cert points cause they will get used.

Also, he missed a deal. There's a listing to get a free $10 XBL card and DLC for Forza Horizon 2

This deal is so ridiculous as a GCU member I feel like I need to get in on it today before BB catches on to what they're doing. $48-$25-$10-$10 = $3 to trade up my X1 copy of Madden? That's the tax on a new $60 game....

Also, he missed a deal. There's a listing to get a free $10 XBL card and DLC for Forza Horizon 2
ithe forza horizon $10 xbl deal has been up for over a month already

is the ultimate edition worth it for $69.99?

titanfall for XB1 is $30 at MS store also. Would make it $15 after PM at target if anyones interested. Could make decent money flipping to certain places. Estarland will give you $25 and $27 for 360 and XB1 so spend 30 and get 52 but in estarland credit. Not bad if you buy from them since they never have sales.

If you buy another item or two (I bought tupperware bowls and spoons yesterday) your odds of success go way up.  I've gotta be like 12/12 with PMs+preorder discounts when i toss in something else.

This deal is so ridiculous as a GCU member I feel like I need to get in on it today before BB catches on to what they're doing. $48-$25-$10-$10 = $3 to trade up my X1 copy of Madden? That's the tax on a new $60 game....

Actually the trade in is $27.50 with GCU, so then by your math it's $0.50.

Probably just gonna throw in a $20 something when I do this and then return whatever it is later. Probably gonna go in for Titanfall this week and maybe ACIV later. Depends on whether I want to play through it on X1 for the cheevos and just to play it over again. It was so freaking good!

Need a couple of X1 games.

has anyone done the trade in yet?  I"m still a little confused how the $10 coupon is supposed to work.  You place the pre-order in store (pay the full amount or just $5 down?), apply the coupon and GC you get for the trade in (can you apply the GC?), so you get the $10 pre-order RZ bonus, the GC value, and the $10 coupon.  right?

people keep saying though that the coupon is good for the release week, 8/26-9/1, which is confusing since you can't apply a coupon when you go to pick up a pre-order, and if you don't have a pre-order you won't get the $10 RZ bonus.

Just got jammed up on the one price matched item per guest rule. Not the pm/pre order rule. But it sucks nonetheless. Gotta make multiple runs or get lucky with another rep later on.

has anyone done the trade in yet? I"m still a little confused how the $10 coupon is supposed to work. You place the pre-order in store (pay the full amount or just $5 down?), apply the coupon and GC you get for the trade in (can you apply the GC?), so you get the $10 pre-order RZ bonus, the GC value, and the $10 coupon. right?

people keep saying though that the coupon is good for the release week, 8/26-9/1, which is confusing since you can't apply a coupon when you go to pick up a pre-order, and if you don't have a pre-order you won't get the $10 RZ bonus.
Why can't you apply a coupon to a preorder? I preordered a few days ago in store and put the $5 down. So shouldn't the system bring up the gcu price when I go on launch day, then deduct my $5 then the $10 coupon and I pay the rest

has anyone done the trade in yet? I"m still a little confused how the $10 coupon is supposed to work. You place the pre-order in store (pay the full amount or just $5 down?), apply the coupon and GC you get for the trade in (can you apply the GC?), so you get the $10 pre-order RZ bonus, the GC value, and the $10 coupon. right?

how are you confused at how the $10 coupon works? the $10 coupon is only good towards the purchase of madden 15

having a cute kid along also increases your odds greatly, just borrow one from a single mom at the mcdonalds counter for a few minutes if you need

i don't get where you guys are seeing X1 game deals though, AC4 for x1 is $42 from amazon and walmart.  the $24.99 on amazon is from an independent seller, not amazon.  Also the 360 version of AC4 at Target is a custom target SKU and has Target edition branding on it, if the rep does the standard scan SKU and try to find it on amazon it won't find it, and a halfway decent rep will deny the PM even before that due to the target edition branding.

first world CAG problems: no 3DS games I want since I got a bunch during the b1g1 Best Buy sale.  Mario Kart 8 was a great deal since it gave out free games, but that promo is over.   No PS4 games I don't already have that I want to buy.  Only game I can think of picking up is Diablo 3 RoS xpac for PC.  None of the flips to best buy/gamestop seem worth the hassle and drive.

If u just put ur $5 in store I think when u go to pay for the rest of it u can hand them the $10 off coupon and since u have the $5 down on the pre order u will still get the $10 in rewards certificates in a couple weeks.

bread's done
Back