Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is what I don't understand, this deal (price matching and getting the $15 off a game) should NOT be YMMV, it should work EVERY time.

First, no where does it say in Target Corporate's price matching policy that we can't price match and get another discount on top of the price match. It only says we can't price match items that are part of movie/game reservation card promotions but here's the thing, we're not price matching a "movie/game reservation card promotion" from another store, what we're doing is price matching a price for such item from another store, like Amazon. The game reservation card is a promotion that Target is doing, that's what Target managers and employees need to understand.

Second, if this can't be done, then the register should forbid them from doing it but it doesn't, it still goes through. I understand getting the price match and the $15 off is double dipping but again, no where does it say in their policy or in their ad that we can't get both discounts. If someone can prove me wrong, then please, by all means, show me, this is what I told a Target manager last time when they try to forbid me from getting the price match and the $15 off (they said I can get one of the two discounts, but not both) but again, I told them to find me a written policy that says I can't get both and they couldn't find any rule or policy and they knew I was right. And I walked out of the store with my game with both discounts last time they did this promotion.

If anybody has trouble at Target, tell the managers and employees everything I said above and I guarantee you they'll be stumped because you got them beat.

Another way is for every success a user on this forum has, show us a picture of your receipt (you can block out your credit card info and other personal information obviously) and then show Target, hey, I have friends who did this and were successful, so obviously, this can be done and each Target store should have a consistent shopping experience, no matter which Target store you go to. 

Don't you all agree?

Ok, this is what I don't understand, this deal (price matching and getting the $15 off a game) should NOT be YMMV, it should work EVERY time.

First, no where does it say in Target Corporate's price matching policy that we can't price match and get another discount on top of the price match.
Already wrong, not bothering to read the rest.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise

"Item exclusions:

• Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion."
It clearly says it on the site, not sure how you can be confused by it.

Target can easily change their policy to fit what we are against and then what do we do???

Be careful with pushing too far. The theory of un intended consequences is always present.

Too many questions. Like I said, get to know best buy customer service. The smart ones will stand out. Become friends. Promote them with good reviews. All if this will get sorted out without you losing.

Already wrong, not bothering to read the rest.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise

"Item exclusions:

• Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion."
It clearly says it on the site, not sure how you can be confused by it.
I don't push too far like he said, but he's correct about it. The wording here is for price matching SOMEONE ELSES movie/game reservation card promotion. Like they won't give you a $10 card for Best Buy's Madden promotion etc. It's vague enough that many "store defenders" try to deny it though.

It's better to just walk out at that point.

I don't push too far like he said, but he's correct about it. The wording here is for price matching SOMEONE ELSES movie/game reservation card promotion. Like they won't give you a $10 card for Best Buy's Madden promotion etc. It's vague enough that many "store defenders" try to deny it though.

It's better to just walk out at that point.
You all realize that it is under Item exclusions that it says "Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion." correct? and if you read all the other points underneath there it all is refering to target items that are excluded from the price match guarentee. So what that means is that if a Target item has a reservation promotion, the pricematch guarentee will not apply to that item.

Either way, don't make a fuss about it. No need to shine a spotlight down on this so that Target may finally kill it and fix their system

You all realize that it is under Item exclusions that it says "Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion." correct? and if you read all the other points underneath there it all is refering to target items that are excluded from the price match guarentee. So what that means is that if a Target item has a reservation promotion, the pricematch guarentee will not apply to that item.

Either way, don't make a fuss about it. No need to shine a spotlight down on this so that Target may finally kill it and fix their system
I do see that actually now, it references other Target specific items, ok

I understand what you're getting at but again, it's their wording that gives us, the customers, some leeway and leverage. The part where it says " items part of movie/game reservation promotions", it's all underneath the Price match guarantee, and again, we're not price matching an item part of a movie/game reservation promotion, we are price matching an "x" item WITHOUT a reservation promotion. But, it is the store, Target, that is offering the reservation promotion, and no where does it say that you can't price match an item and receive another discount offered by the store, i.e. the $15 off.

I do see under item exclusions that some of the items are Target related but I would argue that is irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what we're trying to do. It's not our fault that Target couldn't better word their policy. All they need to do is put the word "Target" in front of the "items part of movie/game reservation promotion." Then, it'd be a whole different story. It's all semantics.

I also understand don't shine a light on something that doesn't to be shined on because Target could easily change their policy and fix that bad wording in their policy but it'll probably take a while before all that comes to fruition. Regardless of whether I am right or wrong, all of us are trying to save every penny we can and if we can take advantage of a badly written policy, I say mine as well do it. But I digress for now.

I understand what you're getting at but again, it's their wording that gives us, the customers, some leeway and leverage. The part where it says " items part of movie/game reservation promotions", it's all underneath the Price match guarantee, and again, we're not price matching an item part of a movie/game reservation promotion, we are price matching an "x" item WITHOUT a reservation promotion. But, it is the store, Target, that is offering the reservation promotion, and no where does it say that you can't price match an item and receive another discount offered by the store, i.e. the $15 off.

I do see under item exclusions that some of the items are Target related but I would argue that is irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what we're trying to do. It's not our fault that Target couldn't better word their policy. All they need to do is put the word "Target" in front of the "items part of movie/game reservation promotion." Then, it'd be a whole different story. It's all semantics.

I also understand don't shine a light on something that doesn't to be shined on because Target could easily change their policy and fix that bad wording in their policy but it'll probably take a while before all that comes to fruition. Regardless of whether I am right or wrong, all of us are trying to save every penny we can and if we can take advantage of a badly written policy, I say mine as well do it. But I digress for now.
Thing is, they're not excluding offers from competitors. It does not say "competing stores' items part of a reservation card promotion." It says, "tems part of movie/game reservation card promotion." As such, it doesn't matter if it is a Target or competitor's reservation card offer. The policy's wording implies that ALL items (regardless of store) part of a reservation card promotion (regardless of promotion) are exempt. That means that the statement includes Target items and competing offers at the same time.

Am I doing the math right on this Madden thing?

Buy the Xbox One version from Target for $14.99 (after the pre-order discount). Trade it in to Best Buy for $25 base trade + $10 off Madden 15 + $10 pre-order certificate (after pickup obviously).

So ($14.99 - $1.00) + ($47.99 [with GCU 20% off) - $25.00 - $10.00 - $10.00) = $16.98 + tax for Madden 15 (PS4)?

I've never been a Madden (or sports games in general) kind of guy, but if I can snag up the PS4 version of it for roughly $20, I'll give it the old college try...

It doesn't work. It zeroes out the balance of the game individually and only applies that amount in coupon (thus a $14.88 PM'ed game will show up as $0 with a $14.88 promo applied). You pay $1 for the pre-order card and no negative balance transfers over to any other purchased items. Confirmed multiple times. Wish it did work that way though. Just an FYI...
Ahh well thanks for confirming it fully at least. As someone else who works in retail as well, I usually see it the other way, but I can see why/how they'd do it like that. Would make it easier though, but wishes are just that haha

No they promo discount Fighter Within in to 0 and add $1.00 for the pre-order card. I ended up getting Fighter Within and BF4 from target for $15.xx and used the extra $15 promo at gamestop to trade in. With my PUR I was able to get $40.xx for the trade, not a bad flip at all.
Yeah that's exactly the kind of deal I'm trying to find. One Target near me was out of Fighter and I didn't care to travel across town tonight to check the other one. Might head out tomorrow early to snag a deal. ~$25 easy credit with all the games coming out soon sounds good to me!

Finally Lego Movie Game for PS4 dropped to $30 so been looking forward to this and ordered one and with tax and $4 shipping....not bad at around $37.....thanks OP...it's my 5th PS4 game:).

I love people that think they have a full legal answer on something and it all boils down to nothing but opinion. If it works in your store, do it. If it doesn't, walk away. It makes you look like a tool to stand there and argue that a store should violate their policy to give you cheap shit because you have a copy of someone else's receipt.

I love people that think they have a full legal answer on something and it all boils down to nothing but opinion. If it works in your store, do it. If it doesn't, walk away. It makes you look like a tool to stand there and argue that a store should violate their policy to give you cheap shit because you have a copy of someone else's receipt.
This. Even if I respect where the arguments come from and the points appear to be valid. This is not a court of law with a jury of your peers. This is the Target customer service team.

The whole whether the policy refers to target reservation promos or other retailers reservation promos has been discussed many times in the past. It's not clear and just realize this is all ymmv and move on. Don't argue a point. In contractual law, ambiguities are adjudicated against the drafter but this is not a contract...it is a private retailers policy. They can do what they want. Just try the deal and if they refuse, move on to another target. Bottom line

I just got the xone madden for 17. I tried to price match wolfenstein but the lady told me the pm and preorder card are a no go. Said target sent a company wide email about it because of last time. So the only way you will get around this will be from a employee who is either new or has no idea what there doing. I was also at the southport store in IN by the way incase any other indy people try to pm there.
Haha this is something else that gets posted in every target reservation card promo thread

Out the door of my local target with XB1 Lego Marvel, XB1 Lego Hobbit, and 360 Just Dance 4 (for my 10 year old daughter) for $37.14

Price-matched all to Amazon, Hobbit - $29.99, Marvel - $29.91, Just Dance 4 - $17.43 then handed the nice lady 3 pre-order cards. All 3 games were priced $39.99 at my local Target.

That doesn't help me get the points back though, unfortunately.

I actually did the same thing. And on top of that I forgot to stack the bday coupon. 6,000 pur points is essentially worth $6. If you trade in another Madden you would make about $9 profit from the flip.

I actually did the same thing. And on top of that I forgot to stack the bday coupon. 6,000 pur points is essentially worth $6. If you trade in another Madden you would make about $9 profit from the flip.
I never have luck stacking coupons at my store (they are sticklers on 1 per transaction), but I will likely trade an additional Madden or 2 as they are great credit movers.

Got X1 copies of BF4, Ghosts, and Fighter Within mixed with a 360 Just Dance 4 for almost $27. Target CS was chill, even pointing out I'd save money with the cards and how someone came in last night to get ~$200 worth of games for about $50.

Much easier than the one a few weeks ago. Need one more X1 game to complete my GS $15 offer though. Hmm.

I was able to get plants vs zombies xb1 and dark souls 2 for 16.xx each . My targets are fully aware to not allow pm / pre order stacking so I feel lucky to get 2 games I actually wanted below my sweet spot . Thank you clueless blonde lady working the cs desk .

yeah if you wanna do this i'd go sooner rather than later, stopped by my close target today on the way back from dogs vet appt and got shot down trying to do BF4 + Lego Movie PS4.  Manager said PM+$15 card can't be stacked according to their policies, and managers got an email blast over the weekend telling them not to allow it.    This was a target that has let me buy 5 PM'd copies of ghost before without blinking an eye, so I'm not mad - was just gonna flip them to gs for some credit for AC4/DAI/COD15 anyways.

you can still get by if you get a clueless rep who doesn't need a manager override, or a manager who is stressed and doesn't read their emails, but as time passes I think it'll be fairly rare.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of PM requires a manager, I think anytime the PM is more than $39.99 per item.

I want to jump in on a couple of XB1 games, but there is absolutely nothing I want to play right now. May snag a ACIV just to get cheevos on X1, but I don't think I'm getting anything else.

For those that want the Sony Gold headset

Newegg has the Sony Gold headset for $69.99 but if you use the Visa Checkout and enter VCO for promo code, save an extra 10% off(up to $20)

I paid $62.99, free shipping, no tax

Can also signup for Newegg Premier for free 3 day shipping for 30 days

Since I missed out on the bestbuy bogo on 3ds games. I manage to snag yoshi and bravely default for 38 today. Not bad. I might go back for mario party.

bread's done
Back