Sunday VG Ads 11/4-11/10 - CC VF5 (360) $40, COD4 (360) w/free COD3 and more

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out

CheapyD's Picks
Best Buy
:360:Save $20 when you buy COD4 and the Wireless Headset
:360:F.E.A.R Files w/$10 gift card $49.99

Circuit City
:360:Virtua Fighter 5 $39.99
:360:Call of Duty 4 w/Free Call of Duty 3 $59.99
:360:Tomb Raider Anniversary $29.99
:360:Timeshift w/$10 gift card $59.99
:360:Wireless Controller $39.99 (Black, White)
:pc:Gears of War $39.99

Target
:360::ps3:Call of Duty 4 w/$5 gift card $59.99

[quote name='ICEPICC']
O, and I love how they charge people $60 and dont even tell them about a free game & poster deal. WTF CC ??[/quote]

I tried to get this last night in MN. I was told by the cashier that NO stores in the MSP metro area had any copies of COD3.

I asked about a raincheck, gift card, etc. and the cashier told me I was basically SOL on getting COD3

The cashier then started to ring up COD4 as if I was still going to buy it there:roll:

Went and got my COD4 and hidden copy of COD3. It was funny because I asked one of the floor people if they had gotten COD4 in and he went and looked where COD3 was to see if they had anymore copys and said ya go to customer service for COD4 I said ok and went over to my hidden location for COD3. Nice deal

[quote name='manthing']I tried to get this last night in MN. I was told by the cashier that NO stores in the MSP metro area had any copies of COD3.

I asked about a raincheck, gift card, etc. and the cashier told me I was basically SOL on getting COD3

The cashier then started to ring up COD4 as if I was still going to buy it there:roll:[/QUOTE]

There were copies at Rosedale at about 6:30 last night. At least my wife got it there.

They rang up CoD3 as a penny because of the mistake. I'm not sure about keeping CoD4, has anyone tried returning CoD4 and keeping CoD3?

[quote name='whiptcracker']There were copies at Rosedale at about 6:30 last night. At least my wife got it there.

They rang up CoD3 as a penny because of the mistake. I'm not sure about keeping CoD4, has anyone tried returning CoD4 and keeping CoD3?[/quote]

I'm sorry but what the hell are you thinking. CoD3 is garbage. CoD4 is 0239580293854902384098203430x better than CoD3.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I'm sorry but what the hell are you thinking. CoD3 is garbage. CoD4 is 0239580293854902384098203430x better than CoD3.[/QUOTE]

He is thinking like a true CAG. But I agree, COD4 is so good that it is worth $60. COD3 is just a bonus (even if it isn't the greatest).

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I'm sorry but what the hell are you thinking. CoD3 is garbage. CoD4 is 0239580293854902384098203430x better than CoD3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but CoD3 was a penny :)

I'll probably keep it actually because my wife said she went through hell to get it. I'm just kind of disappointed by a lack of co-op.

[quote name='paean']He is thinking like a true CAG. But I agree, COD4 is so good that it is worth $60. COD3 is just a bonus (even if it isn't the greatest).[/quote]

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I was in the COD4 beta and that alone kicked ass.

Like you have said before, COD3 is just a bonus.

:)

But COD3 has Tom Cruise on the cover

I just came from BB and they actually let me get CoD4 for 360 and CoD3(Platinum Hits version) for $59.99. I was quite surprised. But my cousin tried it in San Fran and it didn't work. I did it at the BB in Annapolis, MD. Basically = YMMV

[quote name='Tough Guy']Circuitcity.com just got this back in stock. I got COD 4 and 3 for $64 (with tax) with free shipping.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I just got it myself!

But, of course, we can get a $10 gift card with the whole transaction at CC with the BK coupon floating around.

Worked for me in Central VA BB yesterday as well. They also let me use the 10% off coupon too. I was surprised to get both offers! :D

[quote name='TFN']Why do you have senorwoohoo's avatar?

Thief.[/quote]

I am a fan of MF Doom. Nice to hear(read) that I am not the only one.

[quote name='Vader582']Worked for me in Central VA BB yesterday as well. They also let me use the 10% off coupon too. I was surprised to get both offers! :D[/quote]

I got $10 off Gears for PC aand I used the 10% off coupon. I would have like to have used the $10 gift card, but I am already ahead just getting the CoD deal.

Who's complaining that a free game is garbage? Now I really only wanted CoD4 but CoD3, while not the best game ever, certainly isn't garbage and it certainly is worth getting for FREE!

I just got off the phone with them, they were able to place my order for me. For some reason, it tries to charge you 29.99 for COD3 when you place the order online.

Hope this helps!
-J

[quote name='mazut']I just got off the phone with them, they were able to place my order for me. For some reason, it tries to charge you 29.99 for COD3 when you place the order online.

Hope this helps!
-J[/quote]
i just ordered both online....and i only paid 59.99 + tax

[quote name='mazut']I just got off the phone with them, they were able to place my order for me. For some reason, it tries to charge you 29.99 for COD3 when you place the order online.

Hope this helps!
-J[/QUOTE]
What did they say on the phone? What would they be charging you for each item?

The guy told me it was for both, then when the confirmation email came, it only had COD4 on it. I had to cancel the order... ugh

this is more of a bragging rights thread and definitely YMMV. They would not match it for me yesterday in Roseville CA.

[quote name='Abiggs']I got $10 off Gears for PC aand I used the 10% off coupon. I would have like to have used the $10 gift card, but I am already ahead just getting the CoD deal.[/quote]Yeah I tried that today at a different BB (forgot the coupon yesterday) and it was a no-go. Like you, I couldn't really complain @ 10% off: Help!, Flight of the Conchords, and CoD4 CE (+CoD3 Free). Guess I'll have to get VF5 (360) at CC to use the coupon...

Side-note: Picked up Scene It! and Lego SW Complete today and used the 10% off again but only received the % off of Scene It!. Anyone know what could be up with that?

No go for me at the BB in Pearland, TX. I luckily got it at the CC down the street but I was trying to get BB to match the offer and get the double RewardZone points.

It worked for me yesterday as well. I just had to make them call CC to make sure I didn't have a forged add and that they actually had the merchandise in stock. I picked up the CE instead of the regular edition, but they rung up CoD3 for $15 and CoD 4 for $54.99. So far I must say that this game kicks a lot of ass.

[quote name='Indonesia']Tried order it by phone and it works.[/QUOTE]

Do they each come out to 30, or do they charge you $60 for call of duty 4?

[quote name='Vader582']Side-note: Picked up Scene It! and Lego SW Complete today and used the 10% off again but only received the % off of Scene It!. Anyone know what could be up with that?[/quote]

Maybe the system has it set up where it'll only take the 10% off on one item?

I need to take my word back. I just got confirmation via email and the COD 3 was not there. :(
Look like we need to mention bundled when order it.

On the phone CC told me they had plenty.

When I got there there were none.

I Took the flyer and got it Pricematched at Best Buy :)

Now I can pawn it since its a nonbundled version :)

[quote name='tat2boy']No go for me at the BB in Pearland, TX. I luckily got it at the CC down the street but I was trying to get BB to match the offer and get the double RewardZone points.[/quote]I don't know wether to be happy or angry that there is another local cag.

I'm unclear, do you have to add BOTH COD4 AND COD3 to your cart if you order online? If you look at the product page for COD4, it says "Free: COD3 with purchase". It would seem to be that it would come with just adding the one item. I don't really want to take a chance though.

And, as stated, COD3 is OOS by itself.

I read a 10 review for COD4 but won't be buying it now unless I can find it in store basically so it will drop to 30 bucks with the glitch. If the glitch is ever changed I won't be calling stores anymore.

bread's done
Back