Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

Has anyone whose Walmart didn’t have it in stock on Friday ever get it in stock? Still nada at any Walmart in Connecticut. I’m going to assume this is more poor distribution from Walmart, and won’t hold my breath of them getting any. I’m gonna guess the shelf stays empty for a few weeks until they start rearranging for the Holidays and just remove the price tag.
You can use this link to check stock:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=103673933

Uhhhh ... what part of self-selecting loyalists do you not understand? That was my point. Failing to fulfill the pins for THIS group of people damages your brand far more than the average, bystander game buyer. Nintendo knows that which is why I'd be surprised if they don't try make it right.
Nah. THIS group of people has shown over and over and over again, it doesn’t matter what Nintendo does, says or tries to sell them, THIS group of people is gonna buy it. Nintendo could fuck their sister in the back of a Honda and these peeps would still hang on their every release.

Nah. THIS group of people has shown over and over and over again, it doesn’t matter what Nintendo does, says or tries to sell them, THIS group of people is gonna buy it. Nintendo could fuck their sister in the back of a Honda and these peeps would still hang on their every release.
Beyond true, but I'm not sure I would have painted such a graphic picture, but I understand your point none the less, and then some. Is this everyone's first day at the "N" circus?

This is a company that has fought tooth and nail in regards to offering a refund on a digital purchase you have yet to even receive or play. This is also the company that has had a major hardware issue this gen that took years to acknowledge, with the EU office still saying everything is fine, with no free repairs. This is also the company that strong arms YT users and files complaints against anything they don't like, and because they are "N", they are allowed to do so(if it violates any rule or not). I agree 100% that most have no idea of these pins, as the fans are the only ones to ever get screwed over, and they are the same one who come back and asked for more. I would liken this mentality more to an abused spouse situation, were they apologies, say they will never do it again, "Until they do it again"!!!

So why would a company like this, who knows their base will be there if they shoot someone on 5th avenue, care about you getting a free item that cost them money to give out for free? Yeah, maybe they make more, maybe they don't, but to qualify for these pins, you had to open and play your game right? And now it can't be returned, so their mission was accomplished, and now this thread will continue on for hundreds of post, good or bad, so mission number 2 has been accomplished(they are on all your lips). And when the next item like this comes along, most of you will rush even faster to try to get said product, as to not miss out, which insures even more sells for this company, and mission 3 is then accomplished.

Welcome to the Wonderful World Of Nintendo! :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, maybe they make more, maybe they don't, but to qualify for these pins, you had to open and play your game right? And now it can't be returned, so their mission was accomplished, and now this thread will continue on for hundreds of post, good or bad, so mission number 2 has been accomplished(they are on all your lips). And when the next item like this comes along, most of you will rush even faster to try to get said product, as to not miss out, which insures even more sells for this company, and mission 3 is then accomplished.
I think you shot but missed the mark completely. The people buying SM3D All Stars weren't buying it because there was a convoluted way to get a pin set for $5 shipping that they had to have which made the $60 game worth it. They were buying the game compilation because they wanted them. To some degree it was also because of the limited nature... but we're talking about limited to like 8 ... or 6... months or something... so not really limited.

Why the big uproar about the pins? Besides being rare, who the hell does anything with them after getting pins? I would rather it have been a steel book or something.

Why the big uproar about the pins? Besides being rare, who the hell does anything with them after getting pins? I would rather it have been a steel book or something.
Cause they're worth $100+ on ebay. That's all.

The funny part is if Nintendo made enough pins, then they wouldn't be rare, and 90% of people complaining wouldn't even want them. They'd probably just be complaining about the $5 shipping

On a personal note, I think pins are way better than a steelbook.

Cause they're worth $100+ on ebay. That's all.

The funny part is if Nintendo made enough pins, then they wouldn't be rare, and 90% of people complaining wouldn't even want them. They'd probably just be complaining about the $5 shipping

On a personal note, I think pins are way better than a steelbook.
Funny thing is, people are surprised that Nintendo is just being Nintendo. They pull this shit all the time... they already made the physical AND digital release limited, why wouldn't they make the bonuses limited as well?

Funny thing is, people are surprised that Nintendo is just being Nintendo. They pull this shit all the time... they already made the physical AND digital release limited, why wouldn't they make the bonuses limited as well?
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results............

So I jumped through the hoops for the pins but according to the site the Mario Kart mission would not clear until September 29th? It still shows uncleared for me so was it unnecessary to get the pins?

So I jumped through the hoops for the pins but according to the site the Mario Kart mission would not clear until September 29th? It still shows uncleared for me so was it unnecessary to get the pins?
It said in the fine print:

"Note: Five missions, including the “Purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars” mission, must be completed before being eligible to receive the pins."

So you didn't need to complete that one to get the pins

Mario Kart Tour mission was not needed as long as you did the rest of the missions.

Yet you've written about a novel's worth of posts in this thread about your dislike for Nintendo and how you don't care for them anymore.
And I get the exact result I'm looking for, stating my own opinion, so why is that insane? I'm not doing the same things, expecting a different result, I'm just stating info for others, some use it, others don't. I back up my own statements by not having bought an NS, I didn't buy a Wii U at launch, and I haven't bought a Lite yet. So please explain how I'm doing the same thing, expecting a different result? "N" does the same shit they always have, and I no longer support said practices, as many here point out each time I post. So am I supporting "N" again and again, or am I not, please make up your minds?

Anytime I make a post, I get the same trolls and kool-aid crowd I always do, so I'm in no way expecting anything than what I get, which is perfectly fine. Yet, for pages, most here will state how this is garbage on "N" part, and yet here you all are supporting the issues, your complaining about. I complain about "N" yes, and I've bought maybe 5 games & systems combined in the last 10 years. See how that works? I put my money were my mouth is, so I'm far from insane, but I would say many here need to take a look in the mirror, before they tell me to look in mine.

If I complained, and expected them to be anything different, that would make me insane, but stating those issues and not supporting them, means I'm a man of my word, and if that's insane, so be it.

You all will enjoy Chris's posts much more if you accept the head canon I have years ago: He believes either Miyamoto or Reggie is his father, and their unyielding dedication to "N" has left him neglected and abandoned. It's why he refuses to even say Nintendo's name.

It's like the Joker movie. But instead of murder rampage, he spends a very long time writing comments on this board.

You all will enjoy Chris's posts much more if you accept the head canon I have years ago: He believes either Miyamoto or Reggie is his father, and their unyielding dedication to "N" has left him neglected and abandoned. It's why he refuses to even say Nintendo's name.

It's like the Joker movie. But instead of murder rampage, he spends a very long time writing comments on this board.
Well, I haven't cared for much from Miyamoto San in probably 15 or so years, but much respect for many of his great contributions to gaming over his lifetime, as he's one of gaming's "GOAT" , no doubt!!! I always thought Reggie was a tool, and was more than happy to see him retire, as when he came in to NoA was about the time I begin to not care for much of their practices over the years.

Incoming hate post in 3, 2, 1..............LOL

Edit: I would probably say Yamauchi San was more of a past father figure type for me, if I had the issue described. LOL

Yet you've written about a novel's worth of posts in this thread about your dislike for Nintendo and how you don't care for them anymore.
Hahahaha.

And I get the exact result I'm looking for, stating my own opinion, so why is that insane? I'm not doing the same things, expecting a different result, I'm just stating info for others, some use it, others don't. I back up my own statements by not having bought an NS, I didn't buy a Wii U at launch, and I haven't bought a Lite yet. So please explain how I'm doing the same thing, expecting a different result? "N" does the same shit they always have, and I no longer support said practices, as many here point out each time I post. So am I supporting "N" again and again, or am I not, please make up your minds?

Anytime I make a post, I get the same trolls and kool-aid crowd I always do, so I'm in no way expecting anything than what I get, which is perfectly fine. Yet, for pages, most here will state how this is garbage on "N" part, and yet here you all are supporting the issues, your complaining about. I complain about "N" yes, and I've bought maybe 5 games & systems combined in the last 10 years. See how that works? I put my money were my mouth is, so I'm far from insane, but I would say many here need to take a look in the mirror, before they tell me to look in mine.

If I complained, and expected them to be anything different, that would make me insane, but stating those issues and not supporting them, means I'm a man of my word, and if that's insane, so be it.
So you’re not insane. You’re just a windbag mother in law.

If I stopped supporting a company I might make one post and then move on with my life. The fact that for years you keep writing these manifestos about how you don't support them borders on obsession. You'd be a lot happier if you focused on the stuff you do enjoy instead.

If I stopped supporting a company I might make one post and then move on with my life. The fact that for years you keep writing these manifestos about how you don't support them borders on obsession. You'd be a lot happier if you focused on the stuff you do enjoy instead.
Well put. It's like a crazy ex girlfriend that just can't let go and move on but instead stalks you to the end of the earth. Except in this case it's a faceless corporation and those of us that would dare entertain purchasing their products is going to get an earful from Karen.

Whats funny is that I mention most times how I like stuff they do(and I mention the bad), and yet, I still get the same comments. I post a few weeks back, why I didn't like the OG NS, and why I like the Lite and planned to buy it, and yet still hate. Yet very few will mention the hypocrisy of that, and say I'm all doom and gloom. People see and believe what they want, "N" walks on water, they didn't make enough pins, and I'm the thorn in all your sides.

If others are going to use the crazy-ex mentality, that works both ways, as none of you have blocked me, so there must be some love there, as you all keep reading my novels and commenting. So what does that say about you? A crazy ex you can't get enough of, yeah, I would say so.

if you look at the Mario 3D Series, for me, there is a downhill decline from SM64, SMS, SMG1&2, SM3D land, SM3D World, and Odyssey.  

the later games are ok; but for me, none have matched SM64.  

My preorder still has not arrived!  I think that's on fedex/gamestop. Too bad gamestop didn't have any used Mario 3d All-Stars.

I would just like to have a set of these pins. Forget ebay!

Anyway, if someone does want to get rid of their new pins, I would be interested. I am a CAGer. Better than keeping them in some box and forgetting about them. They will go nice with the Lego Dimensions on display.

I'm done ranting now.

Has anyone whose Walmart didn’t have it in stock on Friday ever get it in stock? Still nada at any Walmart in Connecticut. I’m going to assume this is more poor distribution from Walmart, and won’t hold my breath of them getting any. I’m gonna guess the shelf stays empty for a few weeks until they start rearranging for the Holidays and just remove the price tag.
Nope. Still not in stock on Long Island which is the only reason I didn't get the pins. fucking Walmart.

if you look at the Mario 3D Series, for me, there is a downhill decline from SM64, SMS, SMG1&2, SM3D land, SM3D World, and Odyssey.

the later games are ok; but for me, none have matched SM64.
How old were you when you first played SM64? I was 12, it blew my mind. They add and expand every new game. So the only way I believe you could say theyre on a decline is thats your inner child dying.

Whats funny is that I mention most times how I like stuff they do(and I mention the bad), and yet, I still get the same comments. I post a few weeks back, why I didn't like the OG NS, and why I like the Lite and planned to buy it, and yet still hate. Yet very few will mention the hypocrisy of that, and say I'm all doom and gloom. People see and believe what they want, "N" walks on water, they didn't make enough pins, and I'm the thorn in all your sides.

If others are going to use the crazy-ex mentality, that works both ways, as none of you have blocked me, so there must be some love there, as you all keep reading my novels and commenting. So what does that say about you? A crazy ex you can't get enough of, yeah, I would say so.
I don't have you blocked because when you're actually posting about stuff you like (ex: in the Artbook thread) I find your posts informative. In this thread it seems by your response like you think you are providing some sort of valuable public service with your constant negativity and believe me you are not. We all know just to scroll right past because it's the same post rewritten a thousand times. Like I said before focus on what you like and let the negativity go.

I don't have you blocked because when you're actually posting about stuff you like (ex: in the Artbook thread) I find your posts informative. In this thread it seems by your response like you think you are providing some sort of valuable public service with your constant negativity and believe me you are not. We all know just to scroll right past because it's the same post rewritten a thousand times. Like I said before focus on what you like and let the negativity go.
I guess that's the difference between me and most, I just post the truth as I see it, and if you like it(the book thread)it's great, but when it's against "N"(you don't), see how that works? My info is as honest there, as it is here, you just like my content there, but not here, and that's cool, but I'm the same in each thread. I'll go months on end with no negativity against "N", but when people throw rocks in their glass houses, I grab the shit stick and go to work!!! LOL

I'll post issues in the LRG thread, and sometimes it's in the positive, and sometimes it's not. I'm not making post to please, or not please people, but to state my own opinion and truth and provide info. I've also backed many book publishers in the book thread, and I've stated issues with some others when I've had issues.

I only came to this thread to ask about the 3D All Stars on Friday, as I needed info buying a copy for my son, and I posted my info on my return from Walmart. No hate, no issues, or the like, just the info on my outing to inform and maybe help those looking to buy 3DAS that day. Then since Friday, I stopped by today and see all this hate on some damn pins, so I'm asking is this new to anyone here? I quoted 2 messages and added to the info they stated, as I didn't comment to anyone or anybody on the love train(as I know were that leads). When people try to bully, or state how they are better than anyone else, then I'll comment each and every time, which is something else most of you should know.

I guess that's the difference between me and most, I just post the truth as I see it, and if you like it(the book thread)it's great, but when it's against "N"(you don't), see how that works? My info is as honest there, as it is here, you just like my content there, but not here, and that's cool, but I'm the same in each thread. I'll go months on end with no negativity against "N", but when people throw rocks in their glass houses, I grab the shit stick and go to work!!! LOL

I'll post issues in the LRG thread, and sometimes it's in the positive, and sometimes it's not. I'm not making post to please, or not please people, but to state my own opinion and truth and provide info. I've also backed many book publishers in the book thread, and I've stated issues with some others when I've had issues.

I only came to this thread to ask about the 3D All Stars on Friday, as I needed info buying a copy for my son, and I posted my info on my return from Walmart. No hate, no issues, or the like, just the info on my outing to inform and maybe help those looking to buy 3DAS that day. Then since Friday, I stopped by today and see all this hate on some damn pins, so I'm asking is this new to anyone here? I quoted 2 messages and added to the info they stated, as I didn't comment to anyone or anybody on the love train(as I know were that leads). When people try to bully, or state how they are better than anyone else, then I'll comment each and every time, which is something else most of you should know.
I like your posts. I can see what you seem to be doing here and though it may rub some the wrong way, well I for one enjoy reading them. I haven't seen every post, but yes I was aware that you've been talking about N since the Switch release and possibly before, because I read some back then.

IaW.gif

Ooooof. Never been a good post that started with that proclamation.

Do you really think other people aren't posting what they think is the truth? Yeesh.
Reminds me of when Cartman went on the jerry springer-esq talk. He thinks “speaking the truth” means anyone actually gives a shit.

I’ve been pretty absent from CAG for like 2 years due to being crazy busy. Came back to find the same damn schtick from this dude on “N”. Shit never ends. It’s just... ridiculous.

Shit man, let’s just bring IATCG back so he can rant about penny guides anymore.

Best Buy still haven't shipped my pre-order. Can't cancel it from the order page either. smh, what a waste. I'll just return it back in store when it arrives.

Not sure if it's the same for others but my local Walmart's still haven't gotten any shipments. Starting to think they won't if it's this late.

Are people seeing these on store shelves by chance? I'm thinking about returning my copy and potentially hoping for some sale to get this cheaper. I saw WM might have it for $50 but would hope for something a bit lower. I think Target did a B2G1Fs during BF last year or maybe even having used copies show up at GS for one of their sales. 

Are people seeing these on store shelves by chance? I'm thinking about returning my copy and potentially hoping for some sale to get this cheaper. I saw WM might have it for $50 but would hope for something a bit lower. I think Target did a B2G1Fs during BF last year or maybe even having used copies show up at GS for one of their sales.
The only thing I have seen is, my Walmart app is reporting that my local Walmart store has 6-8 copies at around $50 each.

I stopped by the local Target on Tuesday and they had probably 15 copies on the shelf.

I saw around a dozen at my local Walmart just yesterday. Priced around $50 - as are all of their first-party games that are typically priced around $60.

Keep in mind - this is a "limited time" offering not a "limited print run."  So it's not surprising stores have it in stock, they probably made a lot of them.

Nice. NOA is closing the threads on the pins (for example https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/100149/page/7) with a generic message:

Hello and thank you for using the Nintendo Support Forums.
Although we love to hear feedback and ideas from fans, these forums are primarily for working out technical issues with Nintendo systems and respective games through peer-to-peer support. Nintendo employees may provide answers from time to time as well, but the overall goal is to encourage our community members to respond to each other's questions regarding technical support. That said, if you want to let us know about feedback or comments you have, please feel free to contact us directly, and we'll be happy to pass your feedback along.

I will go ahead and lock this thread.

Sincerely,
-NOA_MOD_CASEY

I couldn't get any pins when it first started but I waited some hours and was able to later on in the day without having site issues. Wish others were able to get it but not surprising that it's gone. As with all random Nintendo collectibles, they are always in short supply. Luckily they aren't anything special though I understand still wanting them.

This is currently the most accurate post sitting on the entire internet right now.

Let's put it this way. The NES had about 700 games available throughout its entire lifecycle. The Switch probably had that many just over the last month that you can also get on your cellphone. RIP "Nintendo Seal of Quality."

Just came back from Walmart, they close at 10pm but went in at 930 to buy some groceries, checked the video game section and they had like 50 copies of All Stars. The first launch run may have been sold out but it looks as if Nintendo is printing these like crazy for the 6 month run this is going to be in stores, so dont sweat it if you don't find one, they are plentiful as of right now. It's even in stock on Amazon and has been for days, so yeah, if you want it for the Holidays or something that wont be an issue.

Edit : I even had a second copy ordered from amazon coming my way but I canceled it, its $10 cheaper at Wal Mart and with how many copies are out there right now I can just pick up a spare anytime I want. So no biggie.

When I found out that the Super Mario 64 is the Shindou version, I had to get it! :)

Also enjoy these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZsDwdUqPw0

And a 1996 review of Mario 64:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htiGspUYa9c

The majority of first party Nintendo games are usually excluded from those

The majority of first party Nintendo games are usually excluded from those
Yeah I know, but it might be worth the gamble or possibly just hope I can find a used copy for much less. I mean, I knew this wouldn't be the greatest re-released but I was hoping once the reviews came out, people would have some redeeming things to say about it. But so far, it seems like it was exactly what it was advertised to be.

Just came back from Walmart, they close at 10pm but went in at 930 to buy some groceries, checked the video game section and they had like 50 copies of All Stars. The first launch run may have been sold out but it looks as if Nintendo is printing these like crazy for the 6 month run this is going to be in stores, so dont sweat it if you don't find one, they are plentiful as of right now. It's even in stock on Amazon and has been for days, so yeah, if you want it for the Holidays or something that wont be an issue.

Edit : I even had a second copy ordered from amazon coming my way but I canceled it, its $10 cheaper at Wal Mart and with how many copies are out there right now I can just pick up a spare anytime I want. So no biggie.
As I've said, there will be plenty of copies of this game for the holidays. Nintendo needs the game to help move the Switch this year. The company has no other big franchise title lined up (no, Pikmin 3 doesn't count).

As I've said, there will be plenty of copies of this game for the holidays. Nintendo needs the game to help move the Switch this year. The company has no other big franchise title lined up (no, Pikmin 3 doesn't count).
Yeah. I'm thinking the new Pokemon Snap won't come out this year but next.

bread's done
Back