Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

On the subject of Mario Kart Live Circuit, this is strange how it seems like nowhere other than walmart has preordered them. It looks like on 9/11 they had preorders and then Luigi one went live last week because I got an email about it. I didn't order it because I want Mario for my son if I get one, but I've been monitoring all the other sites too and nothing has came up and no emails sent about stock.

Anyone heard anything about these? Anyone know if Gamestop or any of the B&M stores will have them in store Friday? I just want to get a Mario one for my son he has no clue about this and is obsessed with Mario right now and will freak out if he sees this thing.
Best Buy stores will have between 5-15. If they didn't take any preorders before now then store pickup should work on Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email that my pins have shipped. I got a code when they went live but wasn't able to place the order until much later in the day.

-Update- Pins arrived 8 days after the shipping email.

Got an email that my pins have shipped. I got a code when they went live but wasn't able to place the order until much later in the day.
My pins “shipped” two weeks ago, and tracking still has it as Hasn’t been handed to usps. I actually called yesterday to get a status, and was told they’ll ship me a new set. I totally believe that. I should have just gotten my 5 bucks back.

Who gives a crap. It's a game... if you are banking on games being rare and worth a lot, you are a moron.
Games and limited items are some of the worst things to speculate on. Buy things if you're going to play them. If they end up being worth a lot and you want to sell later do it. Most things lose value over time though.

Who gives a crap. It's a game... if you are banking on games being rare and worth a lot, you are a moron.
Games and limited items are some of the worst things to speculate on. Buy things if you're going to play them. If they end up being worth a lot and you want to sell later do it. Most things lose value over time though.
Agree 100% with these posts. Buy games to play. Collect for fun, but if you're buying games based on whether it'll be "worth more" down the road, that's crazy stupid.

From the product description:
“The physical version of Super Mario 3D All-Stars (released Sep. 18) will continue to be shipped to retailers and available for purchase through March 31, 2021 or while supplies last.“

This implied to me that this would be a plenty big enough print run. I know there is that last part about “while supplies last“, but that sounds more like a CYA statement just in case they couldn’t meet demand

Agree 100% with these posts. Buy games to play. Collect for fun, but if you're buying games based on whether it'll be "worth more" down the road, that's crazy stupid.
Yeah, forget video games, I’m going to retire on my wife’s collection of beanie babies.

Still won’t be as valuable as an actual CE release. This was a barebones set of 3 emulated games on a cartridge. And we all know Nintendo isn’t going to never release these games again. I guarantee they show up on the eShop as separate but possibly pricier individual games down the line. This may rise in value but it will never be a truly rare or valuable title.

LOL yes!!!! Video game investing is the most neck bearded way to invest your money...if you want a guaranteed ROI buy some stocks or invest in mutual funds.

I think buying video games or misc collectibles with the INTENT of hoarding/resale is pretty strange.

That said, I just unloaded a ton of my collection of comic/video game stuff cause of pandemic times - and got back wayyy more than I ever spent. So it's hard for me to say it's an all around bad idea. Just buy stuff you'll enjoy having and don't be weird about it

I think buying video games or misc collectibles with the INTENT of hoarding/resale is pretty strange.

That said, I just unloaded a ton of my collection of comic/video game stuff cause of pandemic times - and got back wayyy more than I ever spent. So it's hard for me to say it's an all around bad idea. Just buy stuff you'll enjoy having and don't be weird about it
I think the point is you could have made more money investing. I have no issue with people buying stuff because they’re collectors and enjoy the hobby. Just don’t expect to get rich off of buying games and avoid treating them like investments.

I think the point is you could have made more money investing. I have no issue with people buying stuff because they’re collectors and enjoy the hobby. Just don’t expect to get rich off of buying games and avoid treating them like investments.
In many cases I resold my stuff 3x or 4x times what I paid, though. Stocks making that kinda return is unlikely. Investing is just gambling for normies. I'd rather be a true degenerate and hit the blackjack table.

In many cases I resold my stuff 3x or 4x times what I paid, though. Stocks making that kinda return is unlikely. Investing is just gambling for normies. I'd rather be a true degenerate and hit the blackjack table.
In the last 10 years I’ve more than tripled my money...the only trend the market has in the long run is up. Collectables alway peak in value and then fall off. I’ll use this as an example. I bought some rare anime cells from the 1980s for a 100 bucksish each. If I bought those during the early 2000s when demand and popularity is high they prob cost 500-1000 each. Same thing happens with Collectable cars. When I was a kid 50-60s cars were very expense but as that generation aged out the market fell a lot. Now more modern cars from the 80s-2000s are up in demand.

bread's done
Back