Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

Sorry to post so late, but I scored a copy from Walmart early this morning. I was the only one in the department and they had at least 10 on the shelf. I could not find them at first because they games are usually in alphabetical order and I did not see it in the "S". I am in Orlando by the way.

Brickseek showed that both WMs in my area had it in stock. I drove out to the nicer one and they had about 5-6 copies.

Will cancel my BB pre-order unless they somehow PM Walmart.

I had a strange thing happen with my Amazon order. UPS dropped the package off with my game. I opened it up and saw that the case was cracked and crushed. Major bummer.

I figured I’d email Amazon and ask for a replacement or a discount, but before I could even do that the UPS guy shows up again and drops off another package. “I guess I missed that you had two,” he said.

I open it up and inside is another copy of 3D All-Stars. What?! I double check my orders and I only ordered one game. Why I got a second one, I have no idea. Strange, but I’ll take it.

I plan on giving the extra copy to my single mom neighbor so she can gift it to her 13-year-old video game-obsessed son.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a strange thing happen with my Amazon order. UPS dropped the package off with my game. I opened it up and saw that the case was cracked and crushed. Major bummer.
I figured I’d email Amazon and ask for a replacement or a discount, but before I could even do that the UPS guy shows up again and drops off another package. “I guess I missed that you had two,” he said.
I open it up and inside is another copy of 3D All-Stars. What?! I double check my orders and I only ordered one game. Why I got a second one, I have no idea. Strange, but I’ll take it.
I plan on giving the extra copy to my single mom neighbor so she can gift it to her 13-year-old video game-obsessed son.
Good plan. Just before you do, i would double check the address on the package to ensure that it isnt someone else's purchase that was misdelivered. I am always thankful when neighbors bring the things i paid for back to my door.

Good plan. Just before you do, i would double check the address on the package to ensure that it isnt someone else's purchase that was misdelivered. I am always thankful when neighbors bring the things i paid for back to my door.
Good looking out. I just gave the packages a double-check and both packages are labeled for me. I’m still confused as to why two came my way, but I’ll just pay it forward with my neighbor and call it good.

I have an extra case so I can replace the broken one for myself.

My best buy order is still stuck at "shipping label created" with FedEx from Thursday morning.

I'm assuming at some point it'll get moving, but I've had about 6 packages lost in the last 3 months between Best Buy and Amazon, and almost all of them got stuck on shipping label and just never moved and I never got them.

I don't want to wait a week and then have it be lost and all the copies sold out everywhere.

What to do? Maybe give it another 2 days and if no movement order another?

My unshipped amazon preorders just auto-adjusted to 49.94.  Or I just now noticed it at least.

It is currently instock on amz but at 59.99

Sounds like it's mixed reviews for Sunshine and Odyssey.

I've never played either. I'll play through both, eventually.

It's all rumors and speculation. There is a potential graphics chip that can do better resolution docked and then upscale to 4k on the cheap for Nintendo, but I won't hold my breath. Nintendo is doing fine without it (being realistic).

Another rumor is a Switch as handheld that has higher resolution / better screen. I'm not seeing it cost-wise. But it could happen. It's all rumors and speculation, again.. Some say 2021, some say 2022 .. at one time it was even rumored for 2020. It's all here-say at this point. No time soon, IMO.
Thank you.

There's a guy on twitter that translates the JP Nintendo investor calls (supposedly he is reputable) , I guess there are some slight hints at a new system in the call.

RGT85 posted his video describing it. Was going to post the video here, but after listening to his video it seems like it's more speculation than actual evidence.. but the way it's worded it does seem to lean towards a new system.
Thank you.

Good looking out. I just gave the packages a double-check and both packages are labeled for me. I’m still confused as to why two came my way, but I’ll just pay it forward with my neighbor and call it good.

I have an extra case so I can replace the broken one for myself.
Finger crossed that the same thing happens to me with my PS5 order from Amazon 😉

What is the mario kart tour event? I’ve downloaded the game on my phone. I’ve played for a bit and looked through the menus, but still can’t quite figure out if I’ve played the right races

UPS delivered my BB order to the wrong house. BB offered to refund me 😐😭
Happened to me today too, neighbors didn’t get it so I’m not sure what my UPS delivery driver is doing. This is at least the 10th UPS shipment I’ve had “delivered” that I never got. One more I got the package completely empty. Best Buy offered a refund... very convenient solution for a sold out game.

I heard all 3 games are emulated and they also removed the "so long-ey bowser" line in SM64. Is this true?
It's based on a second release version of SM64 that only came out later in japan so they got rid of that line (since he's Koopa in JPN) and added rumble, mainly

I heard all 3 games are emulated and they also removed the "so long-ey bowser" line in SM64. Is this true?
I still don't see the fuss over that line being removed.. I understand why they did, don't blame them and it wasn't something intentional either.

Emulated yes, but that's not a bad thing. Now we know the Switch cam emulate N64, GC, and Wii games natively on the console. Now they can put games all the way up to Wii on the online service. Probably won't happen anytime soon though.

I'm confused by this. What exactly was the need to remove this about? Too Italian sounding? I don't get it.
People thought it sounded like "so long, gay Bowser" and it's become a word of mouth inside joke for decades. I think the actual dialog is "so long, King Bowser".

I'm confused by this. What exactly was the need to remove this about? Too Italian sounding? I don't get it.
Italian sounding yes... also

tenor.gif

They also didn't remove it. This release is using the Japanese version where he isn't called Bowser so the line was never there in the first place. When ever I see these type of clickbait articles actually being seriously written about on game sites I cringe and it makes me embarrassed to be a gamer.

People thought it sounded like "so long, gay Bowser" and it's become a word of mouth inside joke for decades. I think the actual dialog is "so long, King Bowser".
Weird. I always thought it was just a long Italian drawl.

So just so I'm clear, Nintendo changed the script because some people thought they heard something that wasn't even true. Is this accurate?

Oh okay, I never played the Japanese version so I didn't know what you were talking about. But why would they release the Japanese version in North America? That doesn't even make sense.

Oh okay, I never played the Japanese version so I didn't know what you were talking about. But why would they release the Japanese version in North America? That doesn't even make sense.
They used the Japanese re release version that added rumble support. It's all in English though.

Got my Best Buy order delivered earlier. Then I found it at Walmart. So bought it there and returned my Best Buy order. My Walmart had like 30 copies.

What is the mario kart tour event? I’ve downloaded the game on my phone. I’ve played for a bit and looked through the menus, but still can’t quite figure out if I’ve played the right races
Didn't see this answered (if so I missed it) but you'll have to complete a number of cups before this one will be available to you.

Mine still hasn’t shown up and I ordered it as soon as they went live. Best Buy and Fed Ex both said I would receive it yesterday up until 10 pm but then switched to “In transit.” Wtf?!?!?

I just received an email from Amazon telling me they are refunding me $10 because the price dropped at some point AFTER release. I've never seen that before. But hey, I'll take the $10!

They made the change because Bowser isn't gay anymore. Now he's Bi.
Wow, Nintendo embracing sexual fluidity. You love to see it.

People thought Nintendo was ahead of the times with Birdo. Now they have a single queer father, and even made him president of the company!

"This game is going to be rare!!"

*Reads 3 pages of people returning copies and cancelling preorders because they just walked into a store and bought it off the shelf*

I think there might not be a huge problem finding this one physically...

Thanks to the poster that mentioned the chase promotion. I ended up getting that and amazon lowered their price to 49.94, I assume because of walmart. Getting this game for 35 dollars is amazing. Thanks again!

"This game is going to be rare!!"

*Reads 3 pages of people returning copies and cancelling preorders because they just walked into a store and bought it off the shelf*

I think there might not be a huge problem finding this one physically...
I never thought it would be rare on launch. They are probably going to ship 5-10 million copies of this game, but they will stop manufacturing and it will be rare in the long run if you want to pick up a copy 6 months to a year from now.

Psh, also pre-ordered from Amazon but didn't get any refund. Oh well, might get it from Walmart and return the Amazon order either way.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, did get the refund email.

Of course I get the pre order discount email this morning after I refused delivery in the app because my package was delayed until next week and I picked one up at best buy. That's some bad luck there, should of just waited. Oh well it's fun to be able to play it this weekend as I actually have some time to play.

bread's done
Back