Super Mario All Stars $19.99 Toys R Us (or YMMV $16 each stacked with B1G1 40% off)

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
EDIT: changed title to reflect some people's thoughts that the $16 a piece price is YMMV

I just picked up 2 copies of Super Mario All Stars for $30.48 (+ tax) at Toys R Us (manager miscalculated 40% off the 2nd copy which should have been $11.99/$12...although you might get someone who manually discounts it 40% off the original price, so the 2nd copy might end up for $8). Price is good this week while the game is on sale for $19.99 (and while quantities last, of course).

This should NOT be YMMV because the Toys R Us ad specifically states "Buy 1 Get 1 40% off ALL videogames priced $19.99", and there are no exclusions in the ad for sale priced games.

Combine this with last week's $25 giftcard deal for even more insane savings.

tru.jpg

Details:
Just got back from Toys R Us, where Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition is on sale for $19.99 (this discount is taken automatically from the register). I asked about the B1G1 40% off stacking since there were no limitations indicated in the ad, and the clerk indicated to me that the game may be limit 1 per customer, and that the B1G1 40% off won't work...however there was a manager there and he said "stack 'em, just stack the deals, if that's what the ad says then that's what it should be, but we'll have to manually adjust it. Second copy should be, what, $10.49? I think that's 40% off."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Isn't any time it's "manually adjusted", as you said, YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Well there's no reason anyone should get denied on this deal. As long as you are polite yet persistent, pointing out the specifics of the B1G1 40% off in their own ad (absolutely no limitations) and the fact that the game is currently $19.99, thus qualifying for the second deal, they should absolutely honor it. Particularly if you go in armed with my scan of the receipt :lol:.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Should I go now because its raining here and its won't stop until Thursday morning, gah![/QUOTE]

I'd say, YES! They've been open since 6 am and I was very surprised there were any left when I got there.

Make sure the store has inventory. I don't know about the Burbank or Culver City store, but La Cienega has more in stock. fuck the rain, there's no traffic right now.

The next person that says this is YMMV deserves a slap in the face. Its buy 1, get 1 40% off. Mario All-Stars is $19.99. There's really nothing else to it.

[quote name='karkyco']Sure, YMMV for people who suck at getting deals, LOL.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='InFlames215']The next person that says this is YMMV deserves a slap in the face. Its buy 1, get 1 40% off. Mario All-Stars is $19.99. There's really nothing else to it.[/QUOTE]

Except did you read his spoiler? Limit 1. The YMMV part is getting 2 copies of SMAS.

[quote name='confoosious']:roll:

Except did you read his spoiler? Limit 1. The YMMV part is getting 2 copies of SMAS.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. I stand corrected. This is YMMV.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']So how do I ask them to stack "B1G140%" to get them manual adjusted?[/QUOTE]

"GIMME THE &*#$@ing DISCOUNT!!!"

It's more of finding someone who works there that doesn't understand the restrictions than how you ask.

Picked up the LAST copy on the shelf, so I couldn't get the extra 40% off but I was still very happy to pick this up for $20! :D

(On a side note: The cashier says to me "I've got 5 copies at home. I'm waiting for the price to go up before I sell them." Lol, El Hoardo :lol:)

Thanks for the heads up though...will have to stop by to see if the store nearby has any, though I wont have my hopes too high lol.

Highly YMMV -- this game is SUPER ULTIMATE RARE. Nintendo only printed 1000 copies because Mario is just not in demand like he used to be. If you didn't preorder, there's NO WAY you're getting one.

As for me, I preordered a 100 and retired early. Please check out Fortune magazine's piece on me in their upcoming Top 10 Richest Men in the World article [all 10 of us are guys who preordered Mario All Stars.] Sucks for those of you who missed out on this. Things could have been different. Your dog would still be alive and your kids wouldn't hate you for being poor.

[quote name='ninja dog']Highly YMMV -- this game is SUPER ULTIMATE RARE. Nintendo only printed 1000 copies because Mario is just not in demand like he used to be. If you didn't preorder, there's NO WAY you're getting one.

As for me, I preordered a 100 and retired early. Please check out Fortune magazine's piece on me in their upcoming Top 10 Richest Men in the World article [all 10 of us are guys who preordered Mario All Stars.] Sucks for those of you who missed out on this. Things could have been different. Your dog would still be alive and your kids wouldn't hate you for being poor.[/QUOTE]

You don't really know how to be funny, you should work on that. You get an A for effort though

@InFlames215...You should slap yourself in the face because nowhere in the fine print of this ad does it state "Limit 1 per person". Not for the B1G1 40% or for the $10 off any Mario Wii game.

[quote name='InFlames215']Ahhh. I stand corrected. This is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']:roll:

Except did you read his spoiler? Limit 1. The YMMV part is getting 2 copies of SMAS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='InFlames215']The next person that says this is YMMV deserves a slap in the face. Its buy 1, get 1 40% off. Mario All-Stars is $19.99. There's really nothing else to it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PCCharger']@InFlames215...You should slap yourself in the face because nowhere in the fine print of this ad does it state "Limit 1 per person". Not for the B1G1 40% or for the $10 off any Mario Wii game.[/QUOTE]

Are you hard of reading?

[quote name='karkyco']Sure, YMMV for people who suck at getting deals, LOL.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the game is priced at $29.99, so this is YMMV which is more likely than not going to be denied. The game drops to $19.99 after a $10 discount is applied, not before, so other than an idiot manager, there is no reason the deal should be applied.

[quote name='ninja dog']Highly YMMV -- this game is SUPER ULTIMATE RARE. Nintendo only printed 1000 copies because Mario is just not in demand like he used to be. If you didn't preorder, there's NO WAY you're getting one.

As for me, I preordered a 100 and retired early. Please check out Fortune magazine's piece on me in their upcoming Top 10 Richest Men in the World article [all 10 of us are guys who preordered Mario All Stars.] Sucks for those of you who missed out on this. Things could have been different. Your dog would still be alive and your kids wouldn't hate you for being poor.[/QUOTE]

People and their superior intelligence ... what would we ever do without you!

So do you want a list of 100 games that were easy to find when first released but because of a 1 time print run, short print run, or etc became rare and either kept their value or rose in value? Or would you rather just insert foot in mouth now?

This deal w/o any override isnt as good as the $25 GC deal that ended yesterday if you consider them in pairs. Straight up it's a great deal for one.

The clerk said "I *THINK* it's limit 1 on this game, let me check" but proceeded to ring up both no problem and no further mention of any such limitation. There is no limit 1 per customer on the game (although any store/management could choose to enact such a limit at their discretion...hence, I wouldn't go into the store and say "I want every single copy you have!!!").

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, the game is priced at $29.99, so this is YMMV which is more likely than not going to be denied. The game drops to $19.99 after a $10 discount is applied, not before, so other than an idiot manager, there is no reason the deal should be applied.[/QUOTE]

The B1G1 40% off has absolutely no limitations based on sale prices or otherwise - it simply states "Buy 1 Get 1 40% off ALL video games priced $19.99 or less" with the only limitation that the 40% discounted title be equal or lesser value. SMAS is priced $19.99 this week, period.

There's no excuse for not getting this deal honored, provided the store has 2 or more copies of the game.

[quote name='strikeratt']People and their superior intelligence ... what would we ever do without you!

So do you want a list of 100 games that were easy to find when first released but because of a 1 time print run, short print run, or etc became rare and either kept their value or rose in value? Or would you rather just insert foot in mouth now?[/QUOTE]

I think you would be hard pressed to find another game that has been so heavily hoarded such that the number of unopened copies may actually exceed the number of opened copies. How many copies does the average CAG own? Two or more? Every other game that became valuable once it was no longer available at retail became valuable because people also didn't have piles of them sitting in boxes awaiting sale on the secondary market. This is exactly like the Devil Summoner game that people hoarded in droves thinking because it was numbered and came with a doll, it was a guaranteed profit opportunity. Two years later, you can still buy it for below MSRP on Ebay mint sealed. Same thing will happen here so long as people are buying stacks of them to hold onto. The games that go up are not obvious when they are at retail. They are sleepers that nobody buys or games so common that nobody thinks to keep them sealed. This is the only game ever where my wife actually asked me when we were in Target the other day if we should buy a couple to stick in the closet for later sale. When people who could care less about video games start thinking about hoarding them, you know there are thousands of copies being scooped up by moms and grandmothers thinking it's a cheap and easy collectible they can flip down the road.

whats with the good rating on this thread? if this is really YMMV due to the fine print. a lot of success?

[quote name='Donut2922']This deal w/o any override isnt as good as the $25 GC deal that ended yesterday if you consider them in pairs. Straight up it's a great deal for one.[/QUOTE]

$25 GC deal required an initial outlay of $60 (+ tax) for 2 copies of the game, thus you get $85 worth of goods for $60. Thus, 29.5% off.

This deal alone is 46.67% off (2 copies for $32).

Even combining the deals is worse than this deal, because the original purchase to get the initial $25 GC brings the cost per unit up:

$60 (get 2 copies + $25 GC) + $7 (B1G1 40% off $20 each = $32 - $25 GC) = $67 + tax for 4 copies, or $16.75 a piece.

[quote name='jk5000']whats with the good rating on this thread? if this is really YMMV due to the fine print. a lot of success?[/QUOTE]

The sale price of $20 alone is a fantastic deal. Being able to stack that with the b1g1 40% off deal (even ymmv) is just icing on the cake. The $20 price alone is worth 5 stars.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']The sale price of $20 alone is a fantastic deal. Being able to stack that with the b1g1 40% off deal (even ymmv) is just icing on the cake. The $20 price alone is worth 5 stars.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. It's just so stupid of the OP to adamantly insist it's not YMMV when the receipt clearly says "immediate markdown". Pssst. That means ymmv.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you hard of reading?[/QUOTE]

No. Are you?

I went to ToysRus.com and pulled up the ad. Then I went to the pages listing the B1G1 40% off and the $10 off Mario deal. NOWHERE in the fine print does it state "Limit 1" pertaining to those sale items. The B1G1 40% of doesn't say games originally priced $19.99 or less. It says ALL games priced $19.99 or less. I don't see where anyone should have a problem getting this deal.

This is a YMMV. My store did not allow this as I just tried and they said they won't take the 40% off the second copy because the MSRP is not 19.99 on them. I talked to the manager who had no idea of the sales going on in the flyer, and she would not budge. I showed here the flyer, and no where does it state the games need to be 19.99 MSRP, but none the less I did not get a second copy.

[quote name='confoosious']I agree with that. It's just so stupid of the OP to adamantly insist it's not YMMV when the receipt clearly says "immediate markdown". Pssst. That means ymmv.[/QUOTE]

I've modified the OP title to reflect your adamant insistence that the bonus deal is YMMV. Hopefully this will lessen the pain you're feeling, although I'm sure you can find a deal on Tuck's medicated pads if not.

Was that so hard?

Cags need to be prepared so they don't get a manager involved and raise their antennae for future glitches and deals.

I hate when I see people arguing with managers. Especially penny guides.

Enough with the insults back and forth. I know it might be tough for some people, though I think they can handle keeping their posts civil.

Honestly I just hope every CAG who wants this deal, gets the maximum discount. Good luck, and Merry Christmas one and all (that includes you too, Confoosious :D)

[quote name='Sito']This is a YMMV. My store did not allow this as I just tried and they said they won't take the 40% off the second copy because the MSRP is not 19.99 on them. I talked to the manager who had no idea of the sales going on in the flyer, and she would not budge. I showed here the flyer, and no where does it state the games need to be 19.99 MSRP, but none the less I did not get a second copy.[/QUOTE]

Same thing at my TRU. Flyer does NOT state that the B1G1 40% any $19.99 game or less is at MSRP only, but the employees were not going to give the discount on SMAS. Congrats to those to get the extra 40%, but YMMV on it.

[quote name='PCCharger']No. Are you?

I went to ToysRus.com and pulled up the ad. Then I went to the pages listing the B1G1 40% off and the $10 off Mario deal. NOWHERE in the fine print does it state "Limit 1" pertaining to those sale items. The B1G1 40% of doesn't say games originally priced $19.99 or less. It says ALL games priced $19.99 or less. I don't see where anyone should have a problem getting this deal.[/QUOTE]

First of all, as the OP stated, the "Limit 1 per customer" isn't on the B1G140% or the $10 off a Wii mario game, it's on the specific game SMBAS. Second as others have stated, SMBAS is not priced at $19.99 originally, it is $29.99 originally. The Deal the OP got is very much YMMV. Now that I've spelled it out, do you now understand that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the limited edition SMAS included in this deal or is it just the regular or is the limited edition just part of SMAS?

[quote name='jcslao']Is this the limited edition SMAS included in this deal or is it just the regular or is the limited edition just part of SMAS?[/QUOTE]

Currently, there is no "regular edition" of SMAS for the Wii. Only the limited edition is in stores now (a "regular edition" may never be released).

[quote name='ssjmichael']First off all, as the OP stated, the "Limit 1 per customer" isn't on the B1G140% or the $10 off a Wii mario game, it's on the specific game SMBAS. Second as others have stated, SMBAS is not priced at $19.99 originally, it is $29.99 originally. The Deal the OP got is very much YMMV. Now that I've spelled it out, do you now understand that?[/QUOTE]

:lol:What's funny is we're all sitting here on a forum arguing over $8.:lol:

Never said it wasn't YMMV. Just sayin' there is nothing in the ad that says limit 1 per customer. A national retail chain like TRU should honor what is printed in their sale ad. If it states ALL games priced $19.99 or less are B1G1 40% off and All Stars is $19.99 then any store manager should honor it. If they have a problem with it then put up a sign by Al Stars with a correction.

I don't even wan't the game but I'm so hard headed:wall: that I might have to drive down there and try to get the deal. What's the TIV on this thing?

bread's done
Back