Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Clubhouse Games, Tetris DS, and Mario Power Tennis all beg to differ.

Look, "super rare" is relative, but bare minimum, Nintendo titles hold their value well. On the other hand, we do have examples of titles in recent years that had small or smallish print runs, and then shot up in price afterward. Two of those three have since dropped some (Clubhouse got reprinted eventually, and Mario Tennis was rereleased for the Wii), but saying it won't be rare because it's a Nintendo title is pretty easily contradicted by recent history.

Not saying it will be...all I'm saying is that it's definitely possible.[/QUOTE]

You are the voice of reason here. It's already doubled in value. 3 sold for the price of 59.95

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mario-BRO..._Games_Games&hash=item43a2f34f37#ht_500wt_922

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
Arrggg, I almost hate buying this because the actual game component of the set really is such shit, honestly.

If they'd included Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, then it'd be a different story. Those games, plus Mario All-Stars, would represent the entire original core 2D Mario platformer series. Hell, even if they'd at least taken the extra effort of including the original NES versions of the games in All-Stars, this would have a little more legitimacy as an actual collector's or anthology set. But as it is now, nothing but All-Stars, no videos or any on-disc collector's material, it's just so pitifully half-assed. Can't say I expected more, I guess.

The 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros deserves better. Maybe for the 50th, eh Nintendo? :(

But it did include a beautiful Steelbook case, and also, the actual disc didn't suck ass.[/
I agree, I really wish they would have included SMW with this, I still preordered anyways, but it would have made this edition just that much better.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Arrggg, I almost hate buying this because the actual game component of the set really is such shit, honestly.

If they'd included Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, then it'd be a different story. Those games, plus Mario All-Stars, would represent the entire original core 2D Mario platformer series. Hell, even if they'd at least taken the extra effort of including the original NES versions of the games in All-Stars, this would have a little more legitimacy as an actual collector's or anthology set. But as it is now, nothing but All-Stars, same as it was in 1993, no videos or any on-disc collector's material, it's just so pitifully half-assed. Can't say I expected more, I guess.

The 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros deserves better. Maybe for the 50th, eh Nintendo? :whistle2:(

But it did include a beautiful Steelbook case, and also, the actual disc didn't suck ass.[/QUOTE]

What the heck am i going to do with a steelbook case? Let's see - a music cd i can listen to in my car and a artbook i can leave it on the coffee table vs a stinking lunchbox.

Would be great if they put all the old mario commericals on the game disk too. Is it just the games on the disk? Or is there any promo videos/demos on it too?

[quote name='TerraBemani']Would be great if they put all the old mario commericals on the game disk too. Is it just the games on the disk? Or is there any promo videos/demos on it too?[/QUOTE]

It's literally an untouched emulated version of Super Mario All-Stars, exactly the same as it was on SNES, and that's it. No new menus, no nothing. It operates no different than a Virtual Console game, basically.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Clubhouse Games, Tetris DS, and Mario Power Tennis all beg to differ.

[/QUOTE]

Clubhouse Games got a mass reprint and can be found at retail stores like Target (in fact, I see dozens of copies of them at the clearance section there all the time.) Tetris DS I heard can't be reprinted due to licensing issues. Mario Power Tennis is no longer in print but then again the demand wasn't all that high and it's still relatively easy to find cheap despite not being in print.

can't wait to sell my 130 all-stars. Should get 3x my money back. 9000 profit!!!

hey stinking ops, why don't you give a warning before you ban? go eat some sulfuric acid.

[quote name='confuseoocious1']why do keep getting banned? This site is ran by a bunch of nazis. Stinking dictatorships.[/QUOTE]
I've never had any problems here, maybe its you. I'm sure you can expect a IP ban next.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's literally an untouched emulated version of Super Mario All-Stars, exactly the same as it was on SNES, and that's it. No new menus, no nothing. It operates no different than a Virtual Console game, basically.[/QUOTE]

Why are you such a hater?

[quote name='confoosious']Why are you such a hater?[/QUOTE]

why are you defending this game so much? everyone that doesn't want it or thinks its not a good deal. you have to go and argue with them. you look like the hater to me.

btw. metroid trilogy is hard to find online. i see it at almost every wal mart & best buy in the atlanta area. its still $50 though.

You know what you do if you don't want a game....

wait for it.. wait for it...

DON'T BUY IT.

I'm here to find deals on games, not to hear a bunch of haters talk about how much a limited/collectors/special edition sucks because it doesn't include everything they want. WAHHHHHHHH. Do you honestly think a little crusade to get people to not buy this game is gonna matter at all? Vote with your own wallet, don't tell others what to do with theirs. I don't give a shit if you don't to buy this game. But don't come in here and crap on people who do.

I have absolutely no interest in the crysis 2 nano edition or whatever. But I don't jump into that thread and cry about how whoever publishes Crysys 2 is raping me because it doesn't include x, y and z.

If you can tell me where I can get this cheaper (kmart has a coupon) then thank you, i'd appreciate it. But if you're here to bitch about this title, then gtfo.

[quote name='confoosious']You know what you do if you don't want a game....

DON'T BUY IT.

I'm here to find deals on games, not to hear a bunch of haters talk about how much a limited/collectors/special edition sucks because it doesn't include everything they want. WAHHHHHHHH. Do you honestly think a little crusade to get people to not buy this game is gonna matter at all? Vote with your own wallet, don't tell others what to do with theirs. I don't give a shit if you don't to buy this game. But don't come in here and crap on people who do.

I have absolutely no interest in the crysis 2 nano edition or whatever. But I don't jump into that thread and cry about how whoever publishes Crysys 2 is raping me because it doesn't include x, y and z.

If you can tell me where I can get this cheaper (kmart has a coupon) then thank you, i'd appreciate it. But if you're here to bitch about this title, then gtfo.[/QUOTE]

I read all your posts in Ralph Wiggum's voice and it makes them that more entertaining. Thank you.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I almost hate buying this because the actual game component of the set really is such shit, honestly.[/QUOTE]

The disc content is relatively weak (compared to what could have been), but the soundtrack CD looks pretty good. If the price drops on this, I likely will pick up a copy.

[quote name='confoosious']You know what you do if you don't want a game....

DON'T BUY IT.

If you can tell me where I can get this cheaper (kmart has a coupon) then thank you, i'd appreciate it. But if you're here to bitch about this title, then gtfo.[/QUOTE]

so you bashing everyone that doesn't like the game for whatever reason is any different than the ones as you say are “hating" in the fist place? so your hating on haters?:roll:

yes, because NOBODY came here to listen to a bunch of idiots hate on the game did they? And without the idiots hating on the game, I wouldn't have to bash them at all.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']That was out a year and a half before you couldn't find copies.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it at Best Buy.

MPT isn't as rare as say Bioshock 1 CE but they are certainly hard to find.

If they weren't the prices on Amazon marketplace wouldn't be so high. (Supple/Demand and all that.)

[quote name='confoosious']yes, because NOBODY came here to listen to a bunch of idiots hate on the game did they? And without the idiots hating on the game, I wouldn't have to bash them at all.[/QUOTE]
obviously YOU come here to listen to people hate on this game, because you have been acting like the forum cop since this topic started. you openly admit to bashing everyone that doesn't like this release. :roll: your a hypocritical idiot.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I've seen it at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some places still have it which is cool. Anyhow, just 8 days until it releases! Woot!

[quote name='confoosious']I LOVE irony. Love it.

You just made my day. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Name: confoosious
Title: HATES STUPID PEOPLE

Now THATS irony.:lol:

[quote name='confoosious']This should be interesting in a couple of weeks.
Half the people in this thread won't be able to show their faces in here.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy picking his nose.

[quote name='confoosious']MPT isn't as rare as say Bioshock 1 CE but they are certainly hard to find.

If they weren't the prices on Amazon marketplace wouldn't be so high. (Supple/Demand and all that.)[/QUOTE]

Whatever. Anyone who cites Amazon marketplace as somehow determining what someone will pay for an item is an idiot. If you want to know what something really sells for, go to eBay and click "completed listings," and then look at the ones that SELL, not the BINs that are inflated and sit there for eternity. Oh, and if only 1-2 have sold in the last few months -- that's not much demand, even if the price it sold is slightly higher.

Listen, Amazon marketplace prices are ridiculous. By your measure, my sealed copy of "Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2" for PS2 should be worth $70. Heck, my PS2 copy of "Nightmare before Christmas" should be worth $150. Yeah, right.

You'll have morons selling this game for $100 on Amazon marketplace -- and they can go ahead and do that, and find that no one will pay for it.

I find your spelling of "supple/demand" funny -- it's clear someone here never took Economics 101. There's more to economic analysis than merely looking at Marketplace and concluding, "wow -- my game is worth $200!"

[quote name='gmsick']Name: confoosious
Title: HATES STUPID PEOPLE

Now THATS irony.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Hilarious :) One of the best comebacks I've read on this site.

[quote name='cheaphuck']My order disapeard from Amazon. Not sure if I accidentally canceled it or what but its no longer there.[/QUOTE]

Did you click "Open Orders"? My order was no longer displayed when I first logged in either but if you click "Open Orders" or "Orders Placed In The Last 6 months" it will show up in there.

http://completed.catalog.ebay.com/M..._pdpal=1&_ssov=1&_tab=2&_trksid=p4295.c0.m282

So since Dec 1st, we have average brand new sold at about $77. Eyeballing it shows like 10+ sold. I guess 27 above MSRP isn't enough?

I cited Amazon which is about about $80. Ooooh, I'm off by $3. Be back later. Gotta go flog myself. (Are you looking at the Featured Merchants? lulz. You gotta scroll down to the regular people.)

I have no idea if SM All Stars will be rare. But MPT certainly is to a degree. Not sure how anyone can argue with that just cause they've seen some copies at their podunk best buy.

edit: Amazon up to $85 now. When there's a lot of sellers, the market corrects itself. These things are certainly selling on amazon. If not, one of the many many resellers wouldve dropped their price already. If it's just one listing, it's a bullshit inflated price. By the way did anyone notice a "CheapyD" selling MPT for $87.99! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
amazon marketplace is actually a good place to check, i've sold items there at 50% higher than ebay and items do sell.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Whatever. Anyone who cites Amazon marketplace as somehow determining what someone will pay for an item is an idiot. If you want to know what something really sells for, go to eBay and click "completed listings," and then look at the ones that SELL, not the BINs that are inflated and sit there for eternity. Oh, and if only 1-2 have sold in the last few months -- that's not much demand, even if the price it sold is slightly higher.

Listen, Amazon marketplace prices are ridiculous. By your measure, my sealed copy of "Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2" for PS2 should be worth $70. Heck, my PS2 copy of "Nightmare before Christmas" should be worth $150. Yeah, right.

You'll have morons selling this game for $100 on Amazon marketplace -- and they can go ahead and do that, and find that no one will pay for it.

I find your spelling of "supple/demand" funny -- it's clear someone here never took Economics 101. There's more to economic analysis than merely looking at Marketplace and concluding, "wow -- my game is worth $200!"[/QUOTE]

You are an arrogant persona. In the words of miss swan from madtv, you need to Take a chill pill.

[quote name='superbroly123z']amazon marketplace is actually a good place to check, i've sold items there at 50% higher than ebay and items do sell.[/QUOTE]

It's a good place to get an eyeball test. Obviously if something is really out of whack (like if hitgaming is the only seller) then you have to double check with ebay to make sure it's the right ballpark. That guy was just being a jerk.

Yesterday before amazon took down the preorder page, there were already amazon market presellers - lowest price was 89.99. I think that is why amazon took the page down.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Whatever. Anyone who cites Amazon marketplace as somehow determining what someone will pay for an item is an idiot. If you want to know what something really sells for, go to eBay and click "completed listings," and then look at the ones that SELL, not the BINs that are inflated and sit there for eternity. Oh, and if only 1-2 have sold in the last few months -- that's not much demand, even if the price it sold is slightly higher.

I find your spelling of "supple/demand" funny -- it's clear someone here never took Economics 101. There's more to economic analysis than merely looking at Marketplace and concluding, "wow -- my game is worth $200!"[/QUOTE]

Internet = Serious Business.

[quote name='superbroly123z']Yesterday before amazon took down the preorder page, there were already amazon market presellers - lowest price was 89.99. I think that is why amazon took the page down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and NO ONE WAS BUYING IT.

[quote name='superbroly123z']amazon marketplace is actually a good place to check, i've sold items there at 50% higher than ebay and items do sell.

You are an arrogant persona. In the words of miss swan from madtv, you need to Take a chill pill.[/QUOTE]

You don't know me, dude -- I like to rouse people up now and then ;-)

[quote name='romeogbs19']You don't know me, dude -- I like to rouse people up now and then ;-)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, i didn't mean any offense. Looks like barnes and nobles is selling this now too. I think they ship through gamestop though.

P.cRichard & son is selling them. I never heard of this company. They're probably going through gs also.

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/pr...rk=gdfV2677_a_7c796_a_7c3452_a_7c045496902148

This company says the game is in stock. They're selling for 64.99. Must be messup in their system.
http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGro...-C2F4-DF11-B31E-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA

does anyone how many copies of metal gear 3 subsistence le were released? the price is really high. 230-250 on amazon and ebay 175-300.

trying to figure out what constitutes a game as truly limited. I know nintendo is only printing this thing once. At what point does a game not be limited?

I found a SNES with a few games including the original Super Mario All-Stars the other day, the game still complete in the box with instructions and everything, and I hooked it up earlier tonight just to remind myself just how awesome this release is going to be, even though they didn't really add anything new to it other than a new coat of paint.

Hey guys, Great news! I listed each of my 100 copies on ebay for $350 each. This means that the game is worth $350 because there's ebay listings for $350. I'm going to make so much money! To make it even sweeter, I used Amazon credit (meaning I didn't spend anything), so this is all a positive gain to me. Woo hoo!

[quote name='dchrisd']Hey guys, Great news! I listed each of my 100 copies on ebay for $350 each. This means that the game is worth $350 because there's ebay listings for $350. I'm going to make so much money.[/QUOTE]

it's guys like you who give hoarders a bad name. Keep making money off mario while some poor kid doesn't get a chance to play this great game.

[quote name='superbroly123z']it's guys like you who give hoarders a bad name. Keep making money off mario while some poor kid doesn't get a chance to play this great game.[/QUOTE]
i think you need to recalibrate your sarcasm detector

[quote name='superbroly123z']it's guys like you who give hoarders a bad name. Keep making money off mario while some poor kid doesn't get a chance to play this great game.[/QUOTE]
Please check your sarcasm meter it seems to be in need of a recalibration ASAP. (@rb109972 HAH!)

And, no. Hoarders give hoarders a bad name. The mods who squashed the squad of Slickdealers earlier today deserve a round of applause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back