Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had placed 3 orders at gamestop to get rid of my remaining $10 coupons. like everyone though, other games showed up as the game in the order history. I canceled two of the orders and the correct game is shown in the history of those orders.

So I decided to leave the third order alone even though it shows as a Madden wii game. However, I tried using the codes again but they do not work. I know what one of the codes are but the other code is among three codes in an email (the rest used in other orders). anyone have suggestions?

[quote name='rb109972']i think you need to recalibrate your sarcasm detector[/QUOTE]

I feel embarassed. My apologies.... i'm ab it tired tonite.

:drool:

[quote name='drock']Please check your sarcasm meter it seems to be in need of a recalibration ASAP. (@rb109972 HAH!)

And, no. Hoarders give hoarders a bad name. The mods who squashed the squad of Slickdealers earlier today deserve a round of applause.[/QUOTE]

Because they can't just re-register and lurk?

Just because people aren't talking about it doesn't mean they're not doing it.

[quote name='drock']Please check your sarcasm meter it seems to be in need of a recalibration ASAP. (@rb109972 HAH!)

And, no. Hoarders give hoarders a bad name. The mods who squashed the squad of Slickdealers earlier today deserve a round of applause.[/QUOTE]

whats the story behind the slick dealers? More hoarding I assume?

[quote name='cheapskake']whats the story behind the slick dealers? More hoarding I assume?[/QUOTE]

Just some doods (whom dchrisd was emulating) talking about the dozens of copies of SM All-Stars they had pre-ordered with the intention of flipping on eBay when the prices shoot up.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because they can't just re-register and lurk?

Just because people aren't talking about it doesn't mean they're not doing it.[/QUOTE]
Obviously they can and obviously people do. :roll:
It goes against the spirit of the site and I for one am glad to not have a Slickdeals atmosphere around here.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I had placed 3 orders at gamestop to get rid of my remaining $10 coupons. like everyone though, other games showed up as the game in the order history. I canceled two of the orders and the correct game is shown in the history of those orders.

So I decided to leave the third order alone even though it shows as a Madden wii game. However, I tried using the codes again but they do not work. I know what one of the codes are but the other code is among three codes in an email (the rest used in other orders). anyone have suggestions?[/QUOTE]
I thought those old GameStop coupons were only for in-stock games...? I have a few of those.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Clubhouse Games, Tetris DS, and Mario Power Tennis all beg to differ.

Look, "super rare" is relative, but bare minimum, Nintendo titles hold their value well. On the other hand, we do have examples of titles in recent years that had small or smallish print runs, and then shot up in price afterward. Two of those three have since dropped some (Clubhouse got reprinted eventually, and Mario Tennis was rereleased for the Wii), but saying it won't be rare because it's a Nintendo title is pretty easily contradicted by recent history.

Not saying it will be...all I'm saying is that it's definitely possible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe now looking back. Anyone who wants this will be able to pick up a copy on release day. In 3-4 years, you might have trouble finding a copy but I highly doubt you will anytime soon.

I'll definitley getting this. It's just one I feel I need to have on my Wii shelf with the rest of my collection.

Anyway, for those who say Nintendo games don't become rare, Electroplankton would like a word with you.

This is has no chance of being rare any time soon. It will be rare for a sealed copy one day though.
It's an anniversary Mario game and Nintendo is going to market the hell out of this and it will sell a ton.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Anyway, for those who say Nintendo games don't become rare, Electroplankton would like a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Or Metroid Prime Trilogy...just sold mine for $82 on eBay!

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Anyway, for those who say Nintendo games don't become rare, Electroplankton would like a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Electroplankton was rare from Day 1. If I remember correctly, not only was it a Gamestop exclusive, it was a Gamestop.COM exclusive.

[quote name='Vegan']Electroplankton was rare from Day 1. If I remember correctly, not only was it a Gamestop exclusive, it was a Gamestop.COM exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I actually recall it being sold @ Target back around the time it was released. I could be getting it confused w/ another game, then again the cover art does stand out, so I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='Vegan']Electroplankton was rare from Day 1. If I remember correctly, not only was it a Gamestop exclusive, it was a Gamestop.COM exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Acutally, wasn't it a Nintendo.com exclusive?

I'm pretty sure you could only get it straight from Nintendo.

As for the topic at hand, I'm trying to use my $20 SMG code on this game on Gamestop.com, but it won't work.

Any ideas?

[quote name='Jasonlydon']Acutally, wasn't it a Nintendo.com exclusive?

I'm pretty sure you could only get it straight from Nintendo.

As for the topic at hand, I'm trying to use my $20 SMG code on this game on Gamestop.com, but it won't work.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I got my copy at GameStop B&M. For some reason I thought I bought my copy new but I just checked my game daily and I did buy it used.

The thing is, Metroid Prime Trilogy was originally discontinued due to little interest. Hardcore fans bought it but it didn't perform that well as a mass market title so it became discontinued. Electroplankton only received an obscure, limited release.

This, on the other hand, is looking to be a phenomenon that pretty much everyone wants this holiday season. It's pretty much guaranteed that Nintendo will sell as many copies as they print.

Whether it becomes rare or valuable or not all depends on the print run and if it is truly "limited" or not.

Has anybody seen marketing for this in stores? I've seen the Mario 25th Anniversary logo, but no mention of the game. If it wasn't for the interwebs, I don't think I would know about this collection.

[quote name='dchrisd']Has anybody seen marketing for this in stores? I've seen the Mario 25th Anniversary logo, but no mention of the game. If it wasn't for the interwebs, I don't think I would know about this collection.[/QUOTE]

Someone I know that works at Gamestop said that the pre-orders for this have been huge at their store, so people are definitely in the know about it.

[quote name='Rozz']The thing is, Metroid Prime Trilogy was originally discontinued due to little interest. Hardcore fans bought it but it didn't perform that well as a mass market title so it became discontinued. Electroplankton only received an obscure, limited release.[/QUOTE]Are you sure? Because I remember MPT being pretty cheap on release, and Nintendo announced it would be a limited run from the start. Was Nintendo thinking of re-releasing it without the steelbook?

[quote name='Rozz']The thing is, Metroid Prime Trilogy was originally discontinued due to little interest. Hardcore fans bought it but it didn't perform that well as a mass market title so it became discontinued. Electroplankton only received an obscure, limited release.

This, on the other hand, is looking to be a phenomenon that pretty much everyone wants this holiday season. It's pretty much guaranteed that Nintendo will sell as many copies as they print.

Whether it becomes rare or valuable or not all depends on the print run and if it is truly "limited" or not.[/QUOTE]

this game might go up in value short time and could possibly lose value (but i wouldn't bet on it). The interest is high and not enough copies. So it could be like when the wii was first released. You had systmes going for 350-450 even though it was only 249 retail. on the other hand if everyone tries to flip theres on ebay, it will go nowhere.

as for me, i'm keeping mine for a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
One note on Nintendo games and rarity.

The Wario Ware series is interesting in this regaurd. They tend to be not always rare, but always rather difficult to find not to long after release, and they do go slightly up in value. So thats what we might be able to expect from a limited print run game from Nintendo.

best bet is to just hold for 5 years unboxed. short term you might be able to flip IF all the retail stores sellout too. if this game is released on nov 12, does walmart sell at midnight or the wee mornings?

Oh and another extremley rare Nintendo game is Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. Honestly that was one of the best deal's they did for the gamecube. I got my copy for a good price on ebay, but when it was new it came with a gba/gcn connector cable and a special edition memory card all for $19.99 when the memory card and cable were more than that price by themselves alone.

I just ordered Super Mario All-Stars from BestBuy (local pickup).

I remember doing the same for the Wii Fit when it was first released. When I picked it up, the customer service rep said, "Did you pre-order it? Those are the only ones who are getting one." I used the board for a month, and then sold it for a profit. Good times.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Oh and another extremley rare Nintendo game is Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. Honestly that was one of the best deal's they did for the gamecube. I got my copy for a good price on ebay, but when it was new it came with a gba/gcn connector cable and a special edition memory card all for $19.99 when the memory card and cable were more than that price by themselves alone.[/QUOTE]

wow not bad. consideirng it's selling used on amazon for 89.99!

[quote name='marcand']I just ordered Super Mario All-Stars from BestBuy (local pickup).

I remember doing the same for the Wii Fit when it was first released. When I picked it up, the customer service rep said, "Did you pre-order it? Those are the only ones who are getting one." I used the board for a month, and then sold it for a profit. Good times.[/QUOTE]

i cna't seem to do local pickup for all-stars. all the stores are grayed out.

I ordered from best buy the other night and for the hell of it checked my rewards and had a $20 coupon that expired the next day so I got it for $10 and change..

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']I ordered from best buy the other night and for the hell of it checked my rewards and had a $20 coupon that expired the next day so I got it for $10 and change..[/QUOTE]

did u do shipping or local?

I don't really see this item rising in price much; all of the games on this disc can be downloaded on the Wii Shop. More than likely these games will somehow be available on Nintendo's next console as well. If someone is really after the soundtrack or art book then maybe it's worth it. I still have my NES carts of these games; and my SNES of All-Stars so there's not much in this to purchase for $30. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo did some sort of remix/remake of these games for the 3DS to make enemies and backgrounds stand out.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']I don't really see this item rising in price much; all of the games on this disc can be downloaded on the Wii Shop. [/QUOTE]

No, they can't. The games in Super Mario All-Stars are remakes. They have much nicer graphics and sound, plus save features. You shouldn't confuse a remake with the original.

Just got from agamestop and they guy there said the pre-orders ended yestarday. Glad I ordered from Amazon when it first came up. This will be hard to find eventually.

[quote name='paulcalypse']Are you sure? Because I remember MPT being pretty cheap on release, and Nintendo announced it would be a limited run from the start. Was Nintendo thinking of re-releasing it without the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

It was $50 on release, just like every other first party Wii game. They were talking about re-releasing it in non-steelbook, but sales were disappointing. I believe it only did 400K units in the US which is low by Nintendo first party standards. I can't believe this has become a thread devoted to speculation about this one game going up in value. Who cares? Even all these people bragging about how they sold MPT for $80 only end up making $20 after Ebay fees and Paypal fees which are 13% now. I'm pretty sure there's a lot more you can do to make a quick $20 in life including working an hour at any decent office job surfing the web and pretending to work as opposed to going through all the hassle of listing a game, dealing with potentially deadbeat bidders, driving to the post office, etc...all to make just $20 or less if you paid $50 plus tax for the game to begin with.

Everyone here has been able to get one, so it seems pretty clear the general public will be able to as well, particularly with most brick and mortar stores carrying it including Kmart.

What my GameStop told me: preorders are completley sold out (all GameStops). There is only going to be run shipment of the game to each store, GameStop or otherwise.

Also, Walmart and TRU also sold out of preorders online. I missed the preorder on this one. I'll be going to Walmart midnight on the 11th and if I can't get one then i'll be phoning gamestops hoping to find a copy. Dang this sucks.

On another note, that other thread lies. GameStop told me there is no B2G1 planned for the sale next weekend.

[quote name='sontaru3431343']did u do shipping or local?[/QUOTE]

It was free standard ground with delivery between 12/12 and 12/17 which is perfect for me since its a xmas gift for my son...

FML, well of course I didn't pre-order and looks like I'm out of luck, I really hope I see one on the 12th on the shelf at a Best Buy or something..

This is still available fro pre order from bestbuy.com & gamestop.com

I also have the option to pick it up at my local Best Buy. The store button is not greyed out. Might pick up a second copy.

edit: just ordered a copy from gamestop.com since I had some store credit. sweet!

[quote name='token2k6']FML, well of course I didn't pre-order and looks like I'm out of luck, I really hope I see one on the 12th on the shelf at a Best Buy or something..[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com is still letting you pre-order it online.

I'm assuming there will be lots of hoarders/flippers buying up a lot of these on next sunday.

I have a $20 coupon I was gonna use today or hang on to, but for scoring it for $10 I think I'll wait until next sunday to use it @ Kmart.

Also does anyone know if Target will be carrying it/selling it?

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']
Also does anyone know if Target will be carrying it/selling it?
[/QUOTE]

Both of my Targets have a sign on their endcap advertising their Nintendo lineup.
It shows Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong County Returns, and "Super Mario All-Stars Collection coming Dec 12".

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only come in to this thread a few time and I think it hilarious that the thread started with everyone being like "OMG nintendo is milking teh fanboyz zomg eff them!!11!" to "I'm going to walmart at midnight to make sure I get this game"

[quote name='genfuyung']I've only come in to this thread a few time and I think it hilarious that the thread started with everyone being like "OMG nintendo is milking teh fanboyz zomg eff them!!11!" to "I'm going to walmart at midnight to make sure I get this game"[/QUOTE]

Only a fool did not see that coming. ;)

I wonder if I put some signing up at my Walmart if I could get some people to show up in groups for playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back