Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why is this deal still in deals when it's dead? Shouldn't it be in the graveyard? lawlzbra?[/QUOTE]

I hope this thread never dies. It's been nothing but "It's rare" "No it's not" "Yes it is" "No it's not" for seven weeks. Yet I can't turn away. I must keep reading.

[quote name='salty tbone']I hope this thread never dies. It's been nothing but "It's rare" "No it's not" "Yes it is" "No it's not" for seven weeks. Yet I can't turn away. I must keep reading.[/QUOTE]

I also never want this thread to die, I keep waiting for one side to finally win. And if it takes this thread 2 years to get there so be it.

The funny thing is even it was rare, wouldn't it still take weeks for it to really go out of stock? And even then wouldn't it again take months before copies on the secondary market dried up?

[quote name='KingDox']I also never want this thread to die, I keep waiting for one side to finally win. And if it takes this thread 2 years to get there so be it.

The funny thing is even it was rare, wouldn't it still take weeks for it to really go out of stock? And even then wouldn't it again take months before copies on the secondary market dried up?[/QUOTE]

Exactly right. That's why anyone who is staunchly on the rare or not rare side is just blowing smoke. Nobody actually knows until the smoke clears.

It's just that there's been so much hype.

It's my most popular thread so far here, but not for the right reasons :D

It's still pretty enjoyable to see the latest person saying the same thing everyone else said 10,000 times already. I have doubts that it will be rare, but I do believe that Nintendo only made one printing and I do believe that guy from kmart who was notified that Nintendo has sold out of those copies. And as much as I love the look of the packaging, Nintendo could have done a lot more for the 25th anniversary. For $20 more I would love to see a more robust history book, and a special edition classic controller with NES colors among other things. Even if Nintendo did add those things, there would be people bitching about something else.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']cduniverse is backordered.

Current eBay price is around $40ish complete new for those wondering. Not much profit to be had ATM.[/QUOTE]

Depends how you see it, because the TRU deal effectively made the price of them 17.50 a copy after factoring in the gift card value.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']cduniverse is backordered.

Current eBay price is around $40ish complete new for those wondering. Not much profit to be had ATM.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see that. Sam's Club and Hastings online sites are still selling them.

[quote name='Luketaru']Depends how you see it, because the TRU deal effectively made the price of them 17.50 a copy after factoring in the gift card value.[/QUOTE]

That's if you can find one in TRU. All of the stores in the eastern part of the U.S. are out of stock. Can't complain though because I already own one. :D

[quote name='Luketaru']Depends how you see it, because the TRU deal effectively made the price of them 17.50 a copy after factoring in the gift card value.[/QUOTE]

Tru. Though all of my local TRUs were out of it, plus I still have to drive there and what not.

[quote name='confoosious']Exactly right. That's why anyone who is staunchly on the rare or not rare side is just blowing smoke. Nobody actually knows until the smoke clears.

It's just that there's been so much hype.[/QUOTE]

Seems like this thread has been the entire hype

This thread is one of my favorites ever. 1350 posts about mostly MSRP "deals" and tons of discussions of blemishes and minor imperfections on the box. Good times.

I picked up a copy last night from Sears and used my Shop Your Way Rewards Points, so nothing out of pocket.

I was originally going to wait, until I heard they ran out of the original run. I remember thinking I would wait for Metroid Trilogy to fall in price and now it is hard to find for retail.

[quote name='chuckywang']I opened mine and played it. It's exactly the same as the SNES version. You honestly could hook up your SNES to your big screen and it would be exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. While it is nothing more than an exact port, it looks far better on the Wii than it does on a SNES. The colors are much brighter and the graphics don't have quite as much "fuzz" to them as my SNES does on the big TVs.

[quote name='ackbar7']This thread is one of my favorites ever. 1350 posts about mostly MSRP "deals" and tons of discussions of blemishes and minor imperfections on the box. Good times.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the discussions on how "rare" and "limited" this is, and that many ppl bought extras just for future resale value. No wonder it's so hard to find right after release :roll:

Very disappointed in packaging...ordered mine from Amazon. Box has several creases and both the instruction booklet and history booklet were mangled...in the seal boxes totally lame. Called Nintendo and complained about their packaging. Going to return to Amazon...new games should come in NEW condition. NOA has failed me

[quote name='waxHead']Don't forget the discussions on how "rare" and "limited" this is, and that many ppl bought extras just for future resale value. No wonder it's so hard to find right after release :roll:[/QUOTE]

so you're saying everybody is a Hoardy McHoardfuck and after these all get turned in during gamestops next 30% bonus trade in credit, these wont be teh rarezorz anymore?

[quote name='Drclaw411']so you're saying everybody is a Hoardy McHoardfuck and after these all get turned in during gamestops next 30% bonus trade in credit, these wont be teh rarezorz anymore?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I couldn't have said it better myself!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why is this deal still in deals when it's dead? Shouldn't it be in the graveyard? lawlzbra?[/QUOTE]

Was it ever a deal...MSRP is far from a deal :lol:

[quote name='luketaru']Depends how you see it, because the TRU deal effectively made the price of them 17.50 a copy after factoring in the gift card value. [/QUOTE]

Your time isn't factor into this. My TRU this month has been so slammed you can't find a parking spot. I went there to get a toy for my niece. The lines were so long I said screw it and walked out (later bought the same product at Target in small lines). My time is worth way more than to go to TRU again during holiday time.

[quote name='rpgfan']Better get them while they're hot because by next year it is going be beyond $50.[/QUOTE]

So Hot that B&M stores still have an abundance of copies during the busiest shopping time of the year. :roll: If someone really wants the titles, they can always grab all of them for $21 on VC. Metroid, on the other hand, you couldn't do that. Granted with that argument, the last time I was in Kmart in my area they still a copy or two.

[quote name='lordopus99']Was it ever a deal...MSRP is far from a deal :lol:[/QUOTE]

But it's RARE and LIMITED, and even more important, it's Mario!! You absolutely must buy at MSRP, otherwise you will pay more later! $300 on eBay in six months, guaranteed :lol:

[quote name='lordopus99']Was it ever a deal...MSRP is far from a deal :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'll sell you a sealed GCN Pokémon Box, PS1 Black Label Final Fantasy 7 and an NES Stadium Events, each at MSRP. :D

[quote name='UncleBob']I'll sell you a sealed GCN Pokémon Box, PS1 Black Label Final Fantasy 7 and an NES Stadium Events, each at MSRP. :D[/QUOTE]

Everyone always mentions the games which sell for more than MSRP. What about all of the others which don't? I have sealed Madworld which I'll gladly sell you for MSRP. :bouncy:

[quote name='waxHead']Everyone always mentions the games which sell for more than MSRP. What about all of the others which don't? I have sealed Madworld which I'll gladly sell you for MSRP. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Maybe once there's a 25th anniversary edition of Madworld it'll have the fan base and demand that Mario games have. ;)

[quote name='Thrinn']Maybe once there's a 25th anniversary edition of Madworld it'll have the fan base and demand that Mario games have. ;)[/QUOTE]

Good point! Or maybe the same fan base as Stadium Events. Oh wait... there is no fan base for it, everyone just wants it b/c it was pulled from the shelves.

I got my copy from Amazon. It was shipped in a regular box, not the huge boxes you are getting.

And the condition of the game is excellent, perfect mint condition. I was lucky!

[quote name='jeebert']I like you guys. But this is the worst thread ever.[/QUOTE]

And yet it LIVES!! :lol:

I love the "it's available on VC" argument. Yeah, not the same.

I don't care if this is on the rarity level of panzer dragoon saga or Corey In the House, having it available on VC doesn't mean jack.

[quote name='waxHead']Good point! Or maybe the same fan base as Stadium Events. Oh wait... there is no fan base for it, everyone just wants it b/c it was pulled from the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I guess you could compare it to one of the rarest games on the NES games in existence, sure.

[quote name='lordopus99']Your time isn't factor into this. My TRU this month has been so slammed you can't find a parking spot. I went there to get a toy for my niece. The lines were so long I said screw it and walked out (later bought the same product at Target in small lines). My time is worth way more than to go to TRU again during holiday time.[/QUOTE]

Eh. Your anecdotal evidence aside, the TRU sale definitely qualifies as a deal on this title.

Finally got my copy from Amazon and it arrived in pristine condition. Probably start playing tonight.

[quote name='waxHead']But it's RARE and LIMITED, and even more important, it's Mario!! You absolutely must buy at MSRP, otherwise you will pay more later! $300 on eBay in six months, guaranteed :lol:[/QUOTE]

Not sure about 300 but i could see 80 similar to MPT.

Look up MPT on amazon.

[quote name='confoosious']And yet it LIVES!! :lol:

I love the "it's available on VC" argument. Yeah, not the same.

I don't care if this is on the rarity level of panzer dragoon saga or Corey In the House, having it available on VC doesn't mean jack.[/QUOTE]

How is it not? For the soundtrack that only has 10 mario full tracks? For the book which is missing half of the Mario game timeline? :roll:

[quote name='UncleBob']I'll sell you a sealed GCN Pokémon Box, PS1 Black Label Final Fantasy 7 and an NES Stadium Events, each at MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy your dust collection ;)

For Amazon, does this mean that they got a new order from Nintendo or just all the returns from you guys bitching about the boxes:lol:

[quote name='lordopus99']How is it not? For the soundtrack that only has 10 mario full tracks? For the book which is missing half of the Mario game timeline? :roll:

[/QUOTE]

digital physical. :roll:

this is actually kinda interesting hitting refresh in your cart (or letting firefox do it) and watching the units get bought up.

Has anyone gotten their best buy order in yet? I gotta return it and I dont feel like dealing with post xmas return lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back