Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BigBizzee']Not surprisingly, GAYSTOP has my "preorder" listed as BACKORDERED now.

I already had an Amazon order placed. I decided I wanted a second copy - and when Amazon's went unavailable, I went ahead and put an order in with gamestop. Since they are now backordered, I cancelled gamestop's...and went with another Amazon order.

Saved me a headache, and also tax.

Love Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegreek']omg!!! 666 posts!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='leopaw']Here comes the Gamestop defense force! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, this thread got (more) stupid in a hurry.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Well, this thread got (more) stupid in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

Look at the tags -_-

Anyways, got my order in. I might buy the Wii this weekend at KMart.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Well, this thread got (more) stupid in a hurry.[/QUOTE]
:ziplip: :oldman: before I :boxing: or :twoguns: and then I'll :beer: and :puke: on :imwithst:.

[quote name='thegreek']:ziplip: :oldman: before I :boxing: or :twoguns: and then I'll :beer: and :puke: on :imwithst:.[/QUOTE]

0.jpg

[quote name='leopaw']Nope, some places have "pre-order" guarantee. That is the whole purpose of preordering a game. I would be pissoff if a merchant changes my preorder to "backordered" close to the release date as well![/QUOTE]

What exactly does the "guarantee", guarantee? I always assumed that if you made a pre-order, and they don't have it, you're shit out of luck.

[quote name='Ardrid']Depends. It used to be that you always paid a listing fee. However, eBay has made listing free for the last 3 months or so. You only pay if the item sells.[/QUOTE]

I think they increased the commission fee though.

The ToysRUs ad looks like you can buy 2 copies of Super Mario All-Stars at $29.99 each and get a $25 gift card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpgfan']Where is the best place to get a sweet deal on this upcoming game?[/QUOTE]

Walmart at midnight. Its sold out everywhere when it comes to preorders.

I think the Target ad says the game is limited and no rain checks and the TRU one says "limited tim only" ... :pI got my engines started for sunday morning (midnight?!)

Hmm? Amazon has it in stock though unless I am missing a SUPER DEAL for purchasing the game at midnight...?

[quote name='antlp89']Really?

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-A...YNNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291953500&sr=8-1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=1312731&SID=

If you mean B&M, then yeah I don't think it's going to be easy to snag a copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i meant b&m. It's walmart midnight or nothing at this point.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Looks as if it's been completely removed from Gamestop's website, and the ad for it in the Wii section leads to a bad URL.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it really is a 1-and-done when it comes to shipments.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Yeah, i meant b&m. It's walmart midnight or nothing at this point.[/QUOTE]

So no Target, Toys R Us, Kmart, Best Buy? Interesting.

[quote name='rpgfan']Why not buy it at Amazon for the same price and free shipping?[/QUOTE]

because i dont trust that amazon has enough, at least for launch day

[quote name='Drclaw411']Yeah, i meant b&m. It's walmart midnight or nothing at this point.

Looks like it really is a 1-and-done when it comes to shipments.[/QUOTE]

Complete fabrication. I stopped by the closest TRU today at lunch and the guy who runs the video game section said that they have over 80 copies in stock for Sunday and this is a relatively small suburban store. This will be everywhere in large quantities.

Gotta love the idiots on here trying to make it sound like this game is going to be impossible to find.

Listen, it's Nintendo, it's the Wii for crying out loud -- a system on which only Nintendo titles sell in great numbers -- Nintendo will publish millions of this game.

You'll probably have trouble finding it 7-8 months from now, but if you want one and are willing to pay $29.99 for it, trust me, you'll find it in ALL the big retail stores across the country.

TRU stores are getting anywhere between 80 to 150 copies of the game on opening day. I have no idea how much Walmart, Target or Best Buy are getting but I'd suspect similar if not higher numbers.

People who use Gamestop as a measurement of this game's rareness don't have a clue what they're talking about. Gamestop only makes up approximately 20% of game sales, the other 80% are your big box retailers. IOW, Gamestop isn't getting anywhere close to the bulk the of the game's shipments. In fact, given the Wii is more popular among soccer moms and casual players, you can bet most of the shipments are going to stores like TRU, Walmart and Target.

So moral of the story: Stop making sh!t up that this game will be rare the moment it releases. It's not MGS3 LE. Not even close. It might be rare down the road but rare like FF7 rare (i.e. few people willing to sell it); for the immediate future, this game will be amply available and the suckers who try to buy it and resale will find that their competitors will knock the price right down to its MSRP (or even lower).

Again, if you want it, you'll be able to find a copy easily.

[quote name='romeogbs19'] I have no idea how much Walmart, Target or Best Buy are getting but I'd suspect similar if not higher numbers.[/QUOTE]

I saw it on the shelf at Target today. One store had about 10 copies the other had about 20. There was a price tag for the msrp, but the system said it was an unknown item. They refused to sell it to me though.

[quote name='PocariSweat']I saw it on the shelf at Target today. One store had about 10 copies the other had about 20. There was a price tag for the msrp, but the system said it was an unknown item. They refused to sell it to me though.[/QUOTE]

That's only what they put on-shelve. Target puts games out as they sell, especially since their cases can only hold 10-15 copies at once. A friend of mine works at a Target and he tells me they keep a considerable amount of software stock in the back.

hahahaha, there is ad scan up on the first page of next weeks Target ad (hurry b4 it gets pulled!). A picture of the game is literally taking up 70% of one side of the page. I've never seen a placement that big for a game so small..after seeing that I'm not worried. I bet all stores will have OVER 9000 so it should be easy to pick up..

don't forget, something at this price would make a nice gift for Wii owners in your friends/family circle. I'm gonna try to pick up one for myself and 2 other copies to give out..

I just have to say, this thread is awesome. lol

Thisgameistheultararesoldoutatbeforeitevenmakesittotheshelfatmidnight111!111! Ifyoudidntpreorderyouarescrewedlol!!!111100111 Italkedtoaguyatastoreandhesaidtheyhadthreecopiesdonotwasteyourtimegoingoutinthesnow!!111!1101!

NoitissnotGamestopisntthetagetdemotheboxstoreswillhave1000copieseachfortehsoccermoms!!111011! Sleeplatehavesomecoffeeanddonutsreadthepaperandgooutaroundlunchtimestrollinandbuyacopy!11!10!11

Cancelled my pre-order for this (shipment date of 12-22-27-10 ? really?)and will just pick up at a B&M store (Probably K-Fart). Not worth buying an extra to flip, because the woods will be full of these.

Is anyone buying this game just for the convenience of playing great classic mario games on the Wii, rather than their perception of its rarity?

[quote name='tranceFusion']Is anyone buying this game just for the convenience of playing great classic mario games on the Wii, rather than their perception of its rarity?[/QUOTE]

I'm a Ninty fan so I want it just to play. Problem is I have Mario all-stars on my snes -- only thing is my snes is broken. I'm debating whether to drop $30 on this or to just use that to buy a replacement snes.

Of course, I could just do both - but that seems incredibly wasteful, since this package is really just all-stars reprinted on a disc.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Is anyone buying this game just for the convenience of playing great classic mario games on the Wii, rather than their perception of its rarity?[/QUOTE]

Convenience would be on the VC. I already own the VC versions, but will be playing my copy.

Both, but more to play these remakes I never got to play on SNES.

Me! I don't believe in downloadable content. Don't care about the CD or Art guide.

[quote name='UncleBob']Not if you own two systems and want to play it on either one...[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously going to be popping it into both consoles? Wouldn't you need to copy over the save, and transfer it over to the other Wii each time?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Are you seriously going to be popping it into both consoles? Wouldn't you need to copy over the save, and transfer it over to the other Wii each time?[/QUOTE]
Real gamers don't save in Super Mario Bros 1, 2, or 3. ;)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Real gamers don't save in Super Mario Bros 1, 2, or 3. ;)[/QUOTE]

haha, oh right! I keep forgetting that World isn't included.

Still...3's kind of a long game, that one deserves a save.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Real gamers don't save in Super Mario Bros 1, 2, or 3. ;)[/QUOTE]
REAL gamers don't play Nintendo....................JUST KIDDING! LOL! ;)

So Nintendo is selling an over-glorified collector's edition for the same game's that have been released and re-released multiple times over the last 25 years? It's not even like they're actually doing anything to update it at all where I'd say "sure this could be cool." They're literally copy and pasting Mario-Allstars onto a DVD and selling it, which is what makes me so angry. Is this really worth it for a flimsy box, a soundtrack that can found online, and a cheap artbook? For crying out loud, they call this a Mario collection, and won't even include the best Mario game of all time? When will people learn?

This is actually the first time that Super Mario All-Stars has been re-released. Nice try though. Also, stealing music and owning it are two different things.

Edit: And the troll's post is gone. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Draconus777']When will people learn?[/QUOTE]

:roll:

When will people stop trollin'?

Personally I no longer have an SNES, although I have a copy of All Stars for it. To me $30 is worth it for these games & to play them on the Wii.

:rofl: the sky is falling! this mario game is gonna be impossible to get! Nintendo is gonna underprint it because Mario is so niche and underground! Buy up 1000 copies to sell on ebay for $500 a piece! :rofl:

[quote name='ninja dog']:rofl: the sky is falling! this mario game is gonna be impossible to get! Nintendo is gonna underprint it because Mario is so niche and underground! Buy up 1000 copies to sell on ebay for $500 a piece! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Psaw... as if. Everyone knows that every store on the planet is only getting 2 copies. Good luck finding 1000 of them.

It's disappointing that this is just a repackaged SNES game. Wish they would have spent a bit more effort.

Oh well, I was suckered into preordering one anyway.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']So Nintendo is selling an over-glorified collector's edition for the same game's that have been released and re-released multiple times over the last 25 years? It's not even like they're actually doing anything to update it at all where I'd say "sure this could be cool." They're literally copy and pasting Mario-Allstars onto a DVD and selling it, which is what makes me so angry. Is this really worth it for a flimsy box, a soundtrack that can found online, and a cheap artbook? For crying out loud, they call this a Mario collection, and won't even include the best Mario game of all time? When will people learn?[/QUOTE]

I love how NOBODY makes a stink when someone mentions that you can download a soundtrack online...but if you mention the Homebrew channel, or emulation, you get your post deleted.

[quote name='Antipodes']It's disappointing that this is just a repackaged SNES game. Wish they would have spent a bit more effort.

Oh well, I was suckered into preordering one anyway.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they put it on disc..............The Wii is not backwards compatible with SNES......:lol:

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I love how NOBODY makes a stink when someone mentions that you can download a soundtrack online...but if you mention the Homebrew channel, or emulation, you get your post deleted.[/QUOTE]

Somebody did actually, a few posts up.

Seeing how amazon has been back in stock for a while, newegg, and reports of numbers at other stores, I think either there was no "limited run" to begin with or nintendo is printing more based on the preorder numbers. Either way, I cancelled my 2nd preorder before it ships and will expect to find this for less than msrp soon if I want to pick up a 2nd copy. Of course, when I do that it means this will become rare.

nintendo has never discounted (at least from msrp standpoint) ANY of their first party games, take a look at NSMB, galaxy, etc. Store's OTOH can do whatever they want but I don't see the MSRP dropping to say 20 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back