Super Robot Taisen OG2 and Summon Night 2 NEW at Gamestop B&M and Online! $19.99 each

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
Just got back from a nearby Gamestop, and it seems they have marked down these GBA games recently. Here are the links since it's now (2/2) online too:
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=160745

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=160744

Both seem to be worthwhile GBA purchases, with Summon Night 2 having an 80% average at Game Rankings, and Super Robot Taisen 2, which I think got an implied "GBA Game of the Year" from GameSpot*. Both are Atlus-published titles and were apparently improved a great deal over their predecessors.

As for me, I bought SRTOG2 largely because I'm halfway through the first one, and I'm loving it so far.

*Even though GameSpot officially gave the GBA Game of the Year award to SRTOG1, it's clear from their reasoning that it won because the storyline of the first game is important in OG2, even to the point where it would be easy to feel lost if you've never played the first game or read a story FAQ.

UPDATE (2/1): Prices CONFIRMED for GS/EB B&M stores by fatbeer, botticus, and GTZ_NSR. Prices have still not been updated online though.

UPDATE (2/2): ONLINE GET! Yep, as Roufuss pointed out, they finally updated the web site with these price drops. Looks like they were saving them for the new batch of online price drops detailed in this topic:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126664

On another note, I went to another Gamestop today and bought Summon Night 2. Only got through the intro so far, but it seems to be shaping up to be a solid game with some humorous dialogue :).

I'm currently playing SK1 and Yggdra and while Yggdra is a longer and more polished looking title (hell the length of the game in bytes is twice either of the SK games), I find the action-oriented battle sequences in SK more fun than the card battling of Yggdra. They are both fun, though.

[quote name='botticus']He may be referring to Yggdra Union, which is an SRPG on the GBA that just came out in... November?[/QUOTE]

Which also isn't on sale.

I haven't ordered GBA games from GS for awhile. When did they start sending things in bubble mailers? Early last year, I remembered them sending games in those small cardboard boxes.

[quote name='crashpanda']I haven't ordered GBA games from GS for awhile. When did they start sending things in bubble mailers? Early last year, I remembered them sending games in those small cardboard boxes.[/quote]

Im my experience, if you order one game, it comes in a bubble mailer. Two or more come in a box. ymmv

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']It's universal. Both my EB and GS had dropped them.

Thanks OP! I was able to pick up SRT OG 2, and Summon Night 1 & 2 for $20 each. SRT OG 2 and SN 2 were gutted, but SN 1 was sealed :whistle2:D I was pleasantly surprised.[/QUOTE]
I don't get this gutted shit. I understand they need to gut one copy for display, but I went in today for SRT2 and there was an empty box on the shelf. The cashier goes in the drawer and pulls out a second box with no shrink wrap and one of their clear round stickers over the top and a >>NEW

[quote name='redline']I don't get this gutted shit. I understand they need to gut one copy for display, but I went in today for SRT2 and there was an empty box on the shelf. The cashier goes in the drawer and pulls out a second box with no shrink wrap and one of their clear round stickers over the top and a >>NEW

I ordered both over a week ago and they finally arrived yesterday. Amazingly, they both came in two seperate BOXES with packing material to keep them cushioned! I could barely believe it myself. Hope they got enough complaints to stop shipping GBA games in padded mailers, but I doubt it and this was most likely a lucky break for me.

[quote name='fairtrade']I'm currently playing SK1 and Yggdra and while Yggdra is a longer and more polished looking title (hell the length of the game in bytes is twice either of the SK games), I find the action-oriented battle sequences in SK more fun than the card battling of Yggdra. They are both fun, though.[/QUOTE]

Yea but UnLIKE Ydddra you have to fight a end boss to end the game. Yddra has no real end boss (you just have to keep sending people at it till it gets down to 1 and then use a certain card and you win)

that was my biggest complant about Yggdra. Its a great game but with a major lame ending

[quote name='NeoStrider']I want to buy these but I know they're gonna ship them in envelopes and arrive crushed, so screw it :p[/QUOTE]

Both of mine came in seperate cardboard boxes.

If anyone is also looking for Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation part 1, it appears to be universally $19.99 at K-Mart. Surprisingly every K-Mart I have been to has multiple copies, and all marked $29.99 but rings up $19.99. Strange they got so many of a niche title.

It WAS $19.99 at GameCrazy, but pretty much every store stopped selling GBA games, so finding one there is near impossible now.

I may not have to worry about that for a while, I've beaten SK1 and moved on to SK2 (which is about 10x better than the original btw, if that's even possible) and will probably be playing the Fire Emblem games or FFV next. Yggdra may get played after that but the card battle fighting system is kind of meh.

[quote name='slidecage']Yea but UnLIKE Ydddra you have to fight a end boss to end the game. Yddra has no real end boss (you just have to keep sending people at it till it gets down to 1 and then use a certain card and you win)

that was my biggest complant about Yggdra. Its a great game but with a major lame ending[/quote]

bread's done
Back