Super Robot Taisen Original Generation GBA - $26.89 shipped @ Overstock

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Buy this game now! That is all.[/QUOTE]

I want to, but I'm just hoping someone on CAG will pop with some kind of coupon to knock it down closer to $20, then I'll definitely bite.

If there's no coupon, I'll probably get it anyways.... I just hate ordering something and 3 posts later someone says "Oh, here is a coupon code!".

I'm going to hope Meijer gets it in this week (They actually stocked Summon Night and Atlus other game which I can't remember the name). I'll be able to get some discount whenever they have 15% or 20% off General Merchandise, or even buy one game, get the 2nd half off.

Well, for what it's worth I got Summon Night with this and used code 85731 to get $5 off $35. Both of them together were $51.78 shipped.

To get the code to show up, I had to close the window then go back to overstock using the posted link and the $3 discount and $5 coupon were applied. Before that the $5 coupon took over the $3 discount.

[quote name='DefJeff']Well, for what it's worth I got Summon Night with this and used code 85731 to get $5 off $35. Both of them together were $51.78 shipped.

To get the code to show up, I had to close the window then go back to overstock using the posted link and the $3 discount and $5 coupon were applied. Before that the $5 coupon took over the $3 discount.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I'm not getting this to work?

Nevermind, figured it out, it's tricky. Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know what the the expedieted shipping method does? It says it has additional fees but I'm not seeing any... I'm tempted to use this is since it's flat rate and I'll hopefully get a box rather than a media mail envelope so they don't get crushed.

Thanks OP was thinking of getting this anyways, and it's a good price. I'm thinking this is going the way of Rivera.

[quote name='62t']my only concern is how do they ship their gba games now? The last game i ordered it was crushed.[/QUOTE]

they use 2 pieces of the paper glued together, so if the box doesn't get crushed during packaging, it will get crushed in the mail

Good price but I'll pass on ordering this from Overstock. The last GBA game I ordered was shipped in a bubble mailer crushing the box.

[quote name='DefJeff']Well, for what it's worth I got Summon Night with this and used code 85731 to get $5 off $35. Both of them together were $51.78 shipped.

To get the code to show up, I had to close the window then go back to overstock using the posted link and the $3 discount and $5 coupon were applied. Before that the $5 coupon took over the $3 discount.[/QUOTE]
Nice. I just ordered. I was about to go and pick these up at a local EB yesterday but decided to hold off. Almost $10 bucks off though was worth holding out. Thanks!

[quote name='DefJeff']Well, for what it's worth I got Summon Night with this and used code 85731 to get $5 off $35. Both of them together were $51.78 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Picked up both as well. Was looking for a deal on Super Robot. Thanks Roufuss.

[quote name='NeoStrider']they use 2 pieces of the paper glued together, so if the box doesn't get crushed during packaging, it will get crushed in the mail[/QUOTE]
thanks, look like i will have to pass unless there is a way to get them to ship from a box.

I too can confirm the flimsy cardboard mailer for GBA games from Overstock. It crushed my Super Mario Advance to Hell. Beware.

I might have gotten one from Overstock if I hadn't just bought one at GameStop yesterday. Personally I figured this game wasn't go to be easy to find for very long because it isn't going to sell well, and after spending money on some console games recently $30 didn't seem very bad.

Plus, after reading how Overstock packages the boxes I probably would have just gotten one locally anyways since I keep my GBA boxes.

Oh yah and I've only played just a little bit of the game, but everything thus far has been awesome; this is deffenitly a GBA game thats worth picking up.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

[quote name='62t']thanks, look like i will have to pass unless there is a way to get them to ship from a box.[/QUOTE]

Same... under expedited shipping it says its flat rate shipping, which might mean they ship from a box?

just bought it and used "flat rate"..

here's my live chat with csr

Chat InformationWelcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be joined with a chat representative momentarily.
Chat InformationWelcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with Nicky.
Nicky: Thank you for visiting Overstock.com. How may I help you today?
you: i just placed an order for two gameboy games and want to make sure you ship them in a box so the game won't get crushed
Nicky: That's great to hear and I appreciate your business.
Nicky: I'd be glad to help you with that.
Nicky: To help you better, may I please have your invoice number or email address registered with us?
you: xxxxxxxx, [email protected]
Nicky: Thank you.
Nicky: For security purposes, may I ask you to verify the name and billing address on your account, please?
you: xxxxxxxx
you: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nicky: xxx, thank you for verifying your name and billing address.
Nicky: Are you referring to the 'GBA - Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation' and 'GBA - Summon Night: Swordcraft Story'?
you: yes, i've ordered gameboy advance games before from you and they arrived "crushed" meaning the cardboard box they come in gets crushed
Nicky: Thank you for confirming.
Nicky: I'm sorry to hear that the previous order you received it in damaged condition.
Nicky: I can assure you that this is not the way we do business with our customers.
Nicky: Such an incident is an isolated one and is quite rare. I am sorry that it happened in your case.
Nicky: I will make sure we get this taken care for you.
Nicky: If you receive this order again in the damaged condition please let us know.
Nicky: We strive hard to provide quality service to our customers.
you: yeah, just make sure it's shipped in a box..that's all i ask..
Nicky: I'm positive that you will receive your order in good condition.
you: ok, thanks
Nicky: You are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: that's all thanks, bye
Nicky: Was I able to resolve your concern today?

I just ordered this, thanks Roufuss! I was gonna go pick this up at GS tomorrow but you just saved me ~$10. I don't care about packaging for GBA games so I'm not worried if it gets crushed.

Though I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no', does anyone know if Best Buy has this in stock? It's on my way home from work and I have a GGC I can use, so I thought that might be a good deal instead of getting a crushed box from Overstock.

Though I do hate buying stuff from EB, it was the only place that had Summon Night in stock. I ended up biting the bullet but it was well worth it.

I keep meaning to "sample" Summon Night, the graphics look cool and it seems to be a popular series (the 3rd version just came out for PS2 in japan it seems) There's a store in manhattan that has a couple of copies but I forget if it's cheaper than this.

I got my copy of each game today. I used the regular shipping on it and it came in on box. Everything ws mint. No broken boxes or nothing. Amazingly fast shipment to.

[quote name='DomLando']I got my copy of each game today. I used the regular shipping on it and it came in on box. Everything ws mint. No broken boxes or nothing. Amazingly fast shipment to.[/QUOTE]

i got mine as well, it didn't come in a box but it wasn't the cheap glued cardboard they usually use.. it was kinda like what they use to ship books from amazon... one of the games was a little squished but not too bad.. btw i used the expedited shipping...

[quote name='ps99472']i got mine as well, it didn't come in a box but it wasn't the cheap glued cardboard they usually use.. it was kinda like what they use to ship books from amazon... one of the games was a little squished but not too bad.. btw i used the expedited shipping...[/QUOTE]

Got the same type of package today as well. Both SRT and SN boxes were a little crush. Used the defult shipping and got priority mail.

bread's done
Back