Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='KingBroly']I would hope that the smoke is a gas based substance that you could combine with Mario's fireball technique. What a deadly combination that would be.[/quote]forward smash = gg

Advertisements from Best Buy (Canada) and Gamestop (New Jersey) are both showed Sonic as a character in the game.

The Gamestop one goes further and looks compeltely fan-made, including people like Birdo as well. I'm ignoring this for now and focusing on two chains advertising Sonic in the game.

If there is a god and he plays video games, even he doesn't want Sonic in this game.

[quote name='Strell']Advertisements from Best Buy (Canada) and Gamestop (New Jersey) are both showed Sonic as a character in the game.

The Gamestop one goes further and looks compeltely fan-made, including people like Birdo as well. I'm ignoring this for now and focusing on two chains advertising Sonic in the game.

If there is a god and he plays video games, even he doesn't want Sonic in this game.[/QUOTE]
More like, let's hope it's true since Sonic would make the game that much better :D

[quote name='Strell']Advertisements from Best Buy (Canada) and Gamestop (New Jersey) are both showed Sonic as a character in the game.

If there is a god and he plays video games, even he doesn't want Sonic in this game.[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop ad has Birdo, KK Slider, Rayman, Sonic, Bowser Jr., and Petey Piranha: http://www.gamedaily.com/games/super-smash-bros-brawl/wii/game-images/item/4532/184/

Fake if you ask me.

[quote name='Greetard']The Gamestop ad has Birdo, KK Slider, Rayman, Sonic, Bowser Jr., and Petey Piranha: http://www.gamedaily.com/games/super-smash-bros-brawl/wii/game-images/item/4532/184/

Fake if you ask me.[/quote]

I wonder if the adsare just including characters that "appear" in the background or specific times. Didnt the site say that if you play on saturday night you get a KK Slider song preformance or something? If adding background characters to the ads the thing would be a mile long.

:lol:

It's something someone inside the company made. They couldn't even bother to use the official Wii box template. Of course it's fake.

However, Sonic appearing in 2 Smash Bros. ads in a single day...supposedly. Whether fake or not, that's suspicious.

Have to agree with Rocko on that one. Character-wise, Megaman would work better. Nostalgia-wise, however, Sonic would take the cake.

If Sonic is in it, they need to incorporate the Genesis vs SNES console war somehow. A level, a move, something, it would increase nostalgia *that* much more.

I don't understand what Sonic's attacks would be. Would they all be just diffrrent spins? Would he threaten the other characters that Sonic Team would be working on their next game and they kill themselves?

Or does he skateboard while base jumping and "talking trash?"

[quote name='maigoyume']i'd prefer to have viewtiful joe instead of megaman, but thats just me[/quote]I almost forgot about him!

[quote name='maigoyume']henshin a go-go baby :cool:[/quote]I can already see his Final Smash: using slo-mo to just WRECK everyone else.

Ok tomorrow's update:

Character, Music, or Stage?
GO GO GOGOGOGO1!1

I got a feeling it'll be a character profile tomorrow, but nothing shocking. By nothing shocking.. I mean MetaKnight or Peach since we've already seen pics of them

I think we'll get another Character just to follow with tradition over the past few weeks. Maybe next week we'll get music.

I'm waiting for Friday's update this week. I just think we'll get the answer we want then, especially after revealing the Single Player mode last week.

We've had some pretty epic updates recently, so I'm thinking music.
That, or a profile that we already know is in the game. As someone said earlier.

So, Ike is basically going to be Roy's replacement, with the exception that his Up + B more closely resembles Kirby's. I'm glad that they kept Roy's standard move- it's much cooler than Marth's triple slash.

Mehhhh. Though it is a neat concept for his up move. I like.

This excites me. We might be in for another big update sometime this week :)

i was half expecting them to make aether his final smash, that way he could heal for the first hit and double damage on the second

[quote name='EXStrike']Triple slash? :whistle2:s[/quote]i think greetard is referring to Marth's forward+B sword dance, though eruption looks like a neutral B move to me

You guys are ignoring the bigger picture.

Sakurai has confirmed that certain attacks will render the bigger characters ....not invulnerable, but steady after execution.

That has huge potential. One of the problems I had with the large characters is that their slowness was a big detriment. Now they've got a competitive edge to some of their attacks.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out...

If Ike does become Roy's replacement, I hope they adress the flaws of Roy. Specifically his stun time (get's comboed easily) and his slow speed in comparison to Marth. I really don't mind the way Roy sweetspots with his sword, but it'd be very nice if there was speed to cover the gap. I have a feeling Marth or an exact clone will at least return since Marth is so popular in competitive play.

By the way, is there a new Fire Emblem game coming out? I would suspect another character to come from there so as to promote it (as they did with Roy and FE6 in Melee).

BTW, Ike's Aether might actually be useful, because Roy's shoryuken (forgot name) was close to useless.

I believe side+b for Roy and Marth are called DED, Double-Edge Dance which goes from 1-4 hits. When you say triple slash, all I can think of is neutral aerial. Though I'm not sure if that move was three or two slashes.

[quote name='halu102']If Ike does become Roy's replacement, I hope they adress the flaws of Roy. Specifically his stun time (get's comboed easily) and his slow speed in comparison to Marth. I really don't mind the way Roy sweetspots with his sword, but it'd be very nice if there was speed to cover the gap. I have a feeling Marth or an exact clone will at least return since Marth is so popular in competitive play.

By the way, is there a new Fire Emblem game coming out? I would suspect another character to come from there so as to promote it (as they did with Roy and FE6 in Melee).

BTW, Ike's Aether might actually be useful, because Roy's shoryuken (forgot name) was close to useless.[/quote]Goddess of Dawn is out in Japan, will be here in November. Would be interesting if they used a main character from that, since I believe it's the thief and mage. Though (minor FE: GoD spoiler),
Ike is playable in the new game as well.

[quote name='halu102']
BTW, Ike's Aether might actually be useful, because Roy's shoryuken (forgot name) was close to useless.

I believe side+b for Roy and Marth are called DED, Double-Edge Dance which goes from 1-4 hits. When you say triple slash, all I can think of is neutral aerial. Though I'm not sure if that move was three or two slashes.[/quote]

Roy's Up+B is Blazer. Marth's Forward-B is Dancing Blade, while for Roy its Double-Edge Dance.

Aether looks like a fun attack.

[quote name='EXStrike']Roy's Up+B is Blazer. Marth's Forward-B is Dancing Blade, while for Roy its Double-Edge Dance.

Aether looks like a fun attack.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you're right. In the past, I've surprisingly played Roy much more than Marth and never bothered with the term differences. But DED sounds much cooler than the metrosexual version that is Dancing Blade.

edit: Was I the only one who mistook Marth for a girl upon first glance? TO this day, I still think Marth is really a girl posing as a boy.

[quote name='Strell']You guys are ignoring the bigger picture.

Sakurai has confirmed that certain attacks will render the bigger characters ....not invulnerable, but steady after execution.

That has huge potential. One of the problems I had with the large characters is that their slowness was a big detriment. Now they've got a competitive edge to some of their attacks.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out...[/quote]That was the first thing I noticed when he described the attack.

I like that dynamic, could very well help out those bigger characters.

That's a nice way to balance it....seems to work well with the Capcom games that have the same mechanic in. like in mvc2, it wouldn't really make sense for the Hulk to get thrown off balance by a jab, so he eats it and his attack still comes out.

[quote name='Greetard']Yeah, I got confused- never really ever used them that much. Sorry.[/quote]Damn, I got Rick-rolled bad. Ouch.

A bit late, but to comment on the smoke balls.

Love 'em!
I'll make sure these suckers are turned on! Looks neat to play with!

[quote name='dallow']A bit late, but to comment on the smoke balls.

Love 'em!
I'll make sure to
hese suckers are turned on them! Looks neat to play with![/QUOTE]

Theeere we go. Fixed. :lol:

So some big characters have an effective crouch cancel built into a move. Big deal. If the subsuquent move is still too slow, it wont really make much difference.

Maybe it's been mentioned before, but check out that lil symbol on the box from Gamefly ;)

122525p.jpg

http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=122525&link=feat5&cid=gn0807

bread's done
Back