Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Same here, bucko.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

brawltrophy2.jpg

I love this thing.

I love and hate that thing. I stuck it in my clothes hamper when I got back home from that tournament, and never looked back. Then my friends wanted to see it, so I brought it out. It's great to make fun of, I gotta tell ya.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I love and hate that thing. I stuck it in my clothes hamper when I got back home from that tournament, and never looked back. Then my friends wanted to see it, so I brought it out. It's great to make fun of, I gotta tell ya.[/QUOTE]

First thing I did was place it on the top of my desk. It's so bad, it just HAS to be shown off.

[quote name='AmigoOne']Snake and Ike are ridiculously good. Just stop being smash happy, their standard A combo are really powerful and have very good knockback. Snakes fowrd tilt is also 2 combo type thing, sort of like links. With snake, knock your opponents back with those standard or tilt moves, and when your good, then start playing with the explosives.[/quote]
I don't know about Ike...
I like his Dtilt because it spikes, but he just seems too slow... all his tilt attacks seem slow and same with his aerials. I also don't like the Up+B recovery.

His Usmash is decent to get KOs with but it just seems slow...

I have a bit more reading today and I want to go to the gym. I figure I'll be playing 9 or 10 o'clock tonight if people are interested. I got skype specifically for Brawl too.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I would think that best case is a gift card, or something. but I'd get a good laugh if I got another trophy.[/quote]
I dont think you'll have to worry about what you get if you win ;)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I would think that best case is a gift card, or something. but I'd get a good laugh if I got another trophy.[/quote]
They actually gave a $20 gift card with the Trophy at my gamestop. That made me even more upset that I didn't get to enter.

[quote name='kainzero']I don't know about Ike...
I like his Dtilt because it spikes, but he just seems too slow... all his tilt attacks seem slow and same with his aerials. I also don't like the Up+B recovery.

His Usmash is decent to get KOs with but it just seems slow...[/quote]Ike is very deadly, despite his speed. I'm forced to pick D3 when going against Ike, because I don't want him near me.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I dont think you'll have to worry about what you get if you win ;)[/quote]
I see what you did there. ;)

EDIT: WAT? Your GS was giving away giftcards, Josh?

Jesus, this game is going to be the death of me. So much stuff to do, so many things to collect and unlock.

Friend code --> 1848-1408-5794

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
EDIT: WAT? Your GS was giving away giftcards, Josh?[/quote]

Well, giftcard, but yes. I was standing in the line to pick up the game like 10 til midnight, and the tourney finally finished. They brought the guy his trophy, everyone laughed, and then the guy said "And, here's a $20 giftcard." Then I wept because then it would have been worth nearly dying in the snow to drive there that 2 hours earlier.

$20 giftcard would've been nice...dammit. Oh well, at least I got a $25 giftcard for sweeping up Game Crazy's tournament the same night. I'm serious, that "tournament" was easy pickings, since it was a Melee tournament, and I'm hot fire with Kirby in Melee.

Jesus, I've been able to unlock every character in the game, no problem, except for
Toon Link
. Some strange, out of the ordinary thing happens every time I fight him. The first time he beat me fair and square. The second time, the goddamn cannon hit me. The third time, I threw one of those smart bombs at him just as he
shot his arrow
, so it exploded right next to me.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Jesus, I've been able to unlock every character in the game, no problem, except for
Toon Link
. Some strange, out of the ordinary thing happens every time I fight him. The first time he beat me fair and square. The second time, the goddamn cannon hit me. The third time, I threw one of those smart bombs at him just as he
shot his arrow
, so it exploded right next to me.[/quote]
Yeah, he was the only one I had a tough time with as well. Took me 3 tries, I think.

I figure round 2 will be EASIER than round 1. 3 minutes = less bullshit and more actual fighting. I also assume I'll get to choose which character I use this time. Also most of the people who won their store tournaments were noobs then, and are still noobs now.

I find a lot of online random games, but my problem is that they all seem to be the exact same people... Which sucks that you win twice and the third round you spend trying to avoid a gang rape. Fought the same Pit and Ike like 4 times in a row.

Anybody going to be on for a while and like to play some?

[quote name='anomynous']I beat SSE, then tried to get Wolf twice & failed both times[/QUOTE]

Try and try again.

Toon Link took me about 3 tries. Jiggly 2x because she got the fuckin Final Smash. And Wolf once.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Try and try again.

Toon Link took me about 3 tries. Jiggly 2x because she got the fuckin Final Smash. And Wolf once.[/QUOTE]

I know

I also loved Tabuu's undodgeable 1 hit kill move

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']I have a bit more reading today and I want to go to the gym. I figure I'll be playing 9 or 10 o'clock tonight if people are interested. I got skype specifically for Brawl too.[/quote]

added you to skype as well

[quote name='dyeknom']I find a lot of online random games, but my problem is that they all seem to be the exact same people... Which sucks that you win twice and the third round you spend trying to avoid a gang rape. Fought the same Pit and Ike like 4 times in a row.

Anybody going to be on for a while and like to play some?[/quote]

get the hell outta here... i had the same problem earlier Ike & Pit in 3 str8 matches, won 1 lost the second after they both killed me once each then it was too laggy the third time... maybe it's two guys on one console (is that possible online?)

[quote name='eminemobied12']get the hell outta here... i had the same problem earlier Ike & Pit in 3 str8 matches, won 1 lost the second after they both killed me once each then it was too laggy the third time... maybe it's two guys on one console (is that possible online?)[/quote]

Only in friends mode I think.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Why do I even bother playing online - it just makes me depressed

Botticus why haven't you added me yet - I need a friend who sympathizes with me :([/quote]:lol: I've only added PMs so far, I'll write yours down to add tonight.

I may be a little late for this conversation but I saw people talking about Nintendo servers vs peer to peer and I'm pretty sure this game is peer to peer. So unfortunately you can't blame Nintendo for lag it's someone's bad connection or long distances.

[quote name='Wooten']I may be a little late for this conversation but I saw people talking about Nintendo servers vs peer to peer and I'm pretty sure this game is peer to peer. So unfortunately you can't blame Nintendo for lag it's someone's bad connection or long distances.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, nintendo really has no online servers(like Live), so it's all p2p.

Note to self: add wooten to my FC list:)

I've been working on alot of Adventure mode... Not a bad story for the first time actually. I'm enjoying playing Snake and Falco.. Great game.

Just like to say I figured out how to control Pikachu's Final Smash. Haven't been keeping up with this thread and I figured others could use the tip. Just posted it in the OTT.

Good Brawl Session. I just figured out how to control Pikachu's Final Smash.

Basically you just tap the analog stick towards one direction and let it run to one edge. when you want it to go another direction, tap the analog control towards that direction. Just don't hold down the stick or else it becomes uncontrollable.

To: SofaKingKool

I enjoyed our matches today! I was in the mood for a 4 man brawl, but this was even better. I liked that we seemed to be pretty comparably skilled (save for my talent of suiciding - you need to work on that :p). I'm sorry I had to ditch out, and I hope you find Brawlers to replace me.

EDIT: Oh, and the lack of lag made me happy.

[quote name='willardhaven']Olimar is really tough to play... I could not for the life of me get the Smashball to revive my Pikmin.[/quote]neutral B lets you pull pikmin out of the ground or are you referring to something else?

[quote name='maigoyume']neutral B lets you pull pikmin out of the ground or are you referring to something else?[/quote]

I thought I had to get the ball to get my Pikmin back.

Whoops.

I spent the whole battle fighting without them.

For those of you without xboxes, I highly recommend getting skype. It's free and provides excellent voice chat quality. my skype name is dastly75

[quote name='Mindzeye82']Great games to those that joined mine today - Man i suck at this[/quote]

Pretty sure i was playing with you. I was on a roll until player with Lucas owned us all.

Anyone been using Xbox to voice chat? I need a mic to be able to use skype.

[quote name='willardhaven']I thought I had to get the ball to get my Pikmin back.

Whoops.

I spent the whole battle fighting without them.[/quote]nah, then you'd have to play with items on all the time, neutral B will pull them out, you can have max of 6 and up B is the best move of ALL TIME (use down+B to change which pikmin is in the lead, and make sure big purple is in front, he does mad damage)

bread's done
Back