Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

anyone up for some matches?
I got stood up for plans so Im sitting on my fatass at home watching old episodes of the real ghostbusters

[quote name='Lurk']anyone up for some matches?
I got stood up for plans so Im sitting on my fatass at home watching old episodes of the real ghostbusters[/QUOTE]

I'm not up for some matches but I must say that The Real Ghostbusters cartoon show hasn't aged really well. I watched it recently and I was a hardcore fan when I was little. Nothing beats the intro, though.

Probably a long shot, but is anyone going to HOBO 11 in Houston next Saturday? DMK and I will be there, and I read that a few people from Kansas were making the trip down for it. Joe, any chance you'll be with them?

[quote name='evergoo']I'm not up for some matches but I must say that The Real Ghostbusters cartoon show hasn't aged really well. I watched it recently and I was a hardcore fan when I was little. Nothing beats the intro, though.[/QUOTE]

same here goo, big big fan of RGB

[quote name='Arikado']Probably a long shot, but is anyone going to HOBO 11 in Houston next Saturday? DMK and I will be there, and I read that a few people from Kansas were making the trip down for it. Joe, any chance you'll be with them?[/quote]

Nope - nine hours of driving is too much for me, especially given how new I am to the tourney scene. I don't even know who's planning on going down, either. Probably Affinity, Stealth Raptor, etc. Although, I'm hoping some time I'll be able to come down and Brawl against you guys.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Nope - nine hours of driving is too much for me, especially given how new I am to the tourney scene. I don't even know who's planning on going down, either. Probably Affinity, Stealth Raptor, etc. Although, I'm hoping some time I'll be able to come down and Brawl against you guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the long drive would suck. Hell, the three hours it would take me to get to Houston is too much. That's why I'm carpooling with some guys. :lol:

Next HOBO then, maybe. I'd love to get a chance to play against you in person.

Anyone available at all? :( I feel like strell on a bad day.

Edit# 1: GGs Mad D, I think my olimar improved a little. It was fun testing all my characters against you. I'm starting to think that you stole Goo's Snake.

Edit #2: Goo is online. I want to whip his ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to play a few games? SNL isn't enthralling me as much as I'd like (although, Duffy is really cute and really really talented). If anyone wants to play, just post. :)

[quote name='JoeB1233']Anyone want to play a few games? SNL isn't enthralling me as much as I'd like (although, Duffy is really cute and really really talented). If anyone wants to play, just post. :)[/quote]
I'm coming for you Joe. Get your butt online.
Edit: crap Joe fell asleep. Darn it. This strell factor make go away.

[quote name='JoeB1233']I'll play just a few games, hero! Online I head.[/quote]
coming joe, again...arghh...

Hero, I can't join your room. I opened my own in hopes of attracting LFW, but no such luck. I'll try a few more times and then retire if I'm unsuccessful.

Man, sorry for the laggy games Hero. And here I though my new cable connection would've helped things. I dunno, we'll have to try again sometime. Our games have been laggy ever since I've moved to CA :(

[quote name='dmunkee']Man, sorry for the laggy games Hero. And here I though my new cable connection would've helped things. I dunno, we'll have to try again sometime. Our games have been laggy ever since I've moved to CA :([/quote]
No problem dmunkee. It happens. Good games I wished these games wouldn't be so laggy. Online matches are so questionable due to the lag.

GG Joeb, Your skills seem to vary a lot tonight. When you're good then you're really good and when you're bad then you're really open to attacks. Good thing I could grab you today (well not that yoshi of course). He is hard to fight with pit.
Edit: I beat joe a couple of times. He is getting senile and treating like a little padawan.

[quote name='hero101']Edit: I beat joe a couple of times. He is getting senile and treating like a little padawan.[/QUOTE]

Too bad you can't beat me. :p

Please don't get me sick! :whistle2:(

[quote name='evergoo']Too bad you can't beat me. :p

Please don't get me sick! :whistle2:(
[/quote]

Right sure goo...one flu to go. Are you okay to fight? Why are you awake so early anyways? You should be like 2 hours behind me.

[quote name='hero101']Right sure goo...one flu to go. Are you okay to fight? Why are you awake so early anyways? You should be like 2 hours behind me.[/QUOTE]

Early? Maybe my online status was lit because I was on CAG's PS3 Gaming section. Lol.

I am 3 hours behind. You should know this since we're on opposite ends of the US!

Nevertheless, I will forgive you if you don't know maigo's time because learning about Canada isn't important in the US educational system.

[quote name='evergoo']
Nevertheless, I will forgive you if you don't know maigo's time because learning about Canada isn't important in the US educational system.[/quote]

Such truth! :lol:

Thanks for the games hero! You'll notice I killed myself a few times with that darn egg roll - I have a quota to meet. I was trying out Toon Link to see if I like him. I'm not sure yet; I think I'll try a couple of different characters in these next few days. Also, thanks for the criticism. I know I'm a very inconsistent player - something I need to work on.

Good games Jack, Mad D, and ???. Enjoyed the matches.

That last match was interesting. As much as I like playing one R.O.B., two R.O.B.s is like a head explosion.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Good games Jack, Mad D, and ???. Enjoyed the matches.

That last match was interesting. As much as I like playing one R.O.B., two R.O.B.s is like a head explosion.[/QUOTE]

But 2 R.O.B.s

[quote name='evergoo']
Nevertheless, I will forgive you if you don't know maigo's time because learning about Canada isn't important in the US educational system.[/quote]That's alright, doesn't make me kick any less butt :lol:

[quote name='evergoo']But 2 R.O.B.s Marc's R.O.B. ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']That's alright, doesn't make me kick any less butt :lol:

Its more like my R.O.B. > Marc's R.O.B. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's it...

It's time to ddddddddddd-duel!
Not today, though. It's our anniversary. I challenge you tomorrow! PM me.

Edit: I don't play nor watch Yu-Gi-Oh! I was into Pokemania at one point, though. :lol:

[quote name='evergoo']That's it...

It's time to ddddddddddd-duel!
Not today, though. It's our anniversary. I challenge you tomorrow! PM me.
[/quote]

Marc, it sounds like you plays lots of yu gi oh card games.

[quote name='hero101']Marc, it sounds like you plays lots of yu gi oh card games.[/QUOTE]

he knows he did
admit it
your cards are locked away in a safe sealed off from air and light for the day of apocolypse and yugioh cards become currency

[quote name='Lurk']he knows he did
admit it
your cards are locked away in a safe sealed off from air and light for the day of apocolypse and yugioh cards become currency[/quote]
What!!!! He possesses three Blue Eyes White dragons in his deck? I have to attack his fort and steal his cards before he uses them against in the next tournament. I have a black magician only. I have bait his gf with bootleg handbags that I will conveniently place outside the window to gain entrance.

[quote name='hero101']What!!!! He possesses three Blue Eyes White dragons in his deck? I have to attack his fort and steal his cards before he uses them against in the next tournament. I have a black magician only. I have bait his gf with bootleg handbags that I will conveniently place outside the window to gain entrance.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!

anyone want to play?
i need to practice with nunchuck and wiimote

[quote name='Lurk']LMAO!!!

anyone want to play?
i need to practice with nunchuck and wiimote[/quote]

I guess I could play. Suko says I should take a break so I could polish my other skills before I play brawl. I think he told me to mediate under a waterfall or something.

Edit: lurk didn't show up.

I may be up for some later.

Edit: I can play a few now.
Edit2: No one is on, so Warriors Orochi 2 then sleep for me.

[quote name='eliter1']Now that the stock market is closed, anyone want to play a few matches?[/quote]

Most of us are watching heroes or something on fox.

Edit #1: I'm free now Eliter. Let me know If you're going on brawl.

[quote name='hero101']Most of us are watching heroes or something on fox. Well, those CA people should be free now.[/quote]

Yeah i still have an hour until I can watch my shows

Wow Hero I am doing Horrible!!

edit: OMG TERRIBLE!!

edit2: Thanks for the games guys, I don't know what is happening with me, when I started the tournament I was on my A game and as the Smash season progressed I got worse and worse. I think I just need to practice more.

WTF?! LMAO.

Lurk and hero, you guys know more about Yu-Gi-Oh than I do!

I only know 4 things about Yu-Gi-Oh:

1. I've heard about the Black Magician card.
2. Who Yu-Gi-Oh is.
3. Yu-Gi-Oh was created by Konami.
4. Yu-Gi-Oh has a lot of merchandise including a TCG, toys, video games, etc.

What I still don't understand is how he transforms from a kid to an adult. :whistle2:k

Some Yu-Gi-Oh expert must explain this phenomena to me!

[quote name='dastly75']Good games Janet, Hero, Kado...besides the lag.[/QUOTE]

Heh... yeah, that's why I dropped out after one. Good game, though. Picking up Diddy, Janet?

bread's done
Back