Super Stardust HD - Gen Discussion & Info

For Token Hoarder, set it to Easy and the second planet. It takes a lot of luck. It doesn't matter from how far away you are, but it matters where you hit the bonus asteroid. It took me about a half hour to do. Finally got it at 17 tokens.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Try checking the trophies section under the game tab of the XMB when you're online and see if that syncs with the server, which should then show up on the gamercard. I've also figured out that comparing trophies with someone on the friendslist also does the same thing..[/quote]

It only syncs viewing Trophy's when not in game, but if you compare gamercards in-game it will sync. Not sure why it doesn't work both ways, but its nice to not have to quit the game to sync at least with comparing.

[quote name='imascrub']That bomber mode freakin infuriates me haha. I follow the first ship so close that I guess I have nowhere to run when the enemies come by. Got to 14 bombs for the third time...then I start twitching lol. I gotta try Jekki's tip.[/QUOTE]dont follow the first ship,

look at the direction it's going in, and wait at the edge of the blue ring where it'll re enter...

when the red mines land around that area, they will collide into a lot of debris causing them to kill themselves and the ship should come back soon.

just dodge a bunch of crap from there and when the red mines reappear along with the 2nd bomb ship, start hoping to get lucky.

There's actually a vid up of some dude getting to 14 bombs without ever using a bomb.

So super lucky.

I think it took me about 55-60 games to get Late Boomer.

If anybody needs help, I have all but the co-op trophy (which I'll get as soon as it comes back out ...)

[quote name='bbbc']I think it took me about 55-60 games to get Late Boomer.

If anybody needs help, I have all but the co-op trophy (which I'll get as soon as it comes back out ...)[/quote]

can't you get the co-op one right now? I have the co-op option. I just can't get it. I got soo close at 40 seconds by myself haha

Yup, thought that they would've re-released it yesterday, but apparently not.

All of us will have to wait.

[quote name='JEKKI']dont follow the first ship,

look at the direction it's going in, and wait at the edge of the blue ring where it'll re enter...

when the red mines land around that area, they will collide into a lot of debris causing them to kill themselves and the ship should come back soon.

just dodge a bunch of crap from there and when the red mines reappear along with the 2nd bomb ship, start hoping to get lucky.[/quote]

yea I started doin that later on cuz it was easier to dodge crap lol
The best I've done with that strategy is 13 bombs so far, using one bomb to blow up two ships. Then after that everything goes to shit. I've gotten up to 14 bombs three times before by using one bomb to blow up each ship, so I'm hoping if I keep using one bomb to kill the first two ships, or if I get lucky and the enemies destroy the ship, then I'll eventually be able to reach the 4th ship again...

I've got a question though...why the fuck isn't this a gold trophy lol
This is easily the most frustrating trophy so far. I've gotten the rest except for this one, the 10 nukes one, and the multiplayer one....mainly cuz I have no one to play with lol

edit: damn...another day of failures lol. Bomber and 10nukes trophies are pissing me right the fuck off... I hate how sometimes the endless mode will be shit your pants hard, and other times it'll be nice enough to let you get to nuke 6 or 7 or something. Tryin to keep count but I always lose it lol. Not even beatin the game twice through normal and replayin the third time is as hard as endless can be. And bomber...well now that's just fucking around with me. The only saving grace is that the game loads almost instantly when you restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
new hi score for me... 58 mil... ranked in the top 8000...

I think I'm done... I could still beat my score but it's too time consuming... this game dont help my backlog >_

Yeah, this game is insanely addicting. I finally did the bomber trophy after an hour or two of hard work and frustration. I was able to get a shield, and the helped me seal the deal on getting 15 bombs.

the 10 nukes and coop are the only ones i have left... dont know if i will ever get the 10 nukes, lol. going to take a short break from this game and maybe come back later.

I think I'm going to take a break on ssdhd for a long while lol. Just can't get the bomber or nuke trophies right now. Dunno how I managed to get 125m in arcade on my first day back when trophies went live after months of not playing it. Managed to break my old high of 100m, after which i thought i'd never play again cuz that was an ordeal lol.

I played the new expansion co-op with my bro. I bought it just for the last trophy but im reallhy enjoying split screen. All trophies acquired. :)

Phew I just got this game and made it only to 2nd stage with a 1.8 Million point =(
better luck next try for me! oh by the way this game is great!

I've been playing a lot lately and this game is awesome. It's basically like Asteroids on steroids. This is one game that must be played in 1080p.

This game is pretty awesome. I haven't gotten past the first level, but so far I'm really enjoying it. One of those games you play in between gaming sessions. I haven't gotten any trophies yet but I'm going to try to get them all.

The Late Boomer trophy is absolutely killing me... Is it even possible to get this trophy? Most I've managed to get is 13 bombs... :cry:

EDIT: Got it! It took me forever, but I finally got it! :D
Now time to get the 'Shock and Awe' trophy next! ;)

If anyone has a spare download slot for this game and wants to trade it for another, please PM me.

i finally bought this game a few days ago. addictive as hell. i was playing it for hrs last nite. i went thru arcade mode. now goin thru planet mode. i probably buy the expansions afterwards.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']The Late Boomer trophy is absolutely killing me... Is it even possible to get this trophy? Most I've managed to get is 13 bombs... :cry:

EDIT: Got it! It took me forever, but I finally got it! :D
Now time to get the 'Shock and Awe' trophy next! ;)[/quote]

I feel your pain FREAKY!! till this day, I have yet to achieve the Late Boomer Trophy :drool: I envy/congratulate you on achieving it. On the side note, can you give me some hints?

Hmmm, not sure if CAG has a "no necroposting" policy. Sorry if I'm breaking the rules by posting, but I just discovered this thread, lol.

I really love the look & feel of this game, but I apparently SUCK at it >.< I have yet to complete the very first planet in arcade mode >.> I've only played the game for about 15 hours, but come on!

Now I'm off to scan this thread for helpful tips =)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/22/new-super-stardust-hd-dlc-impact-mode/

There's a new Super Stardust HD add-on coming with Impact mode:
The Impact mode plays on and twists the game rules – in place of the weapon system your ship is now fitted with an experimental new matter-to-energy boost engine technology, which means once you activate the boost, you can stay in boost as long as you can hit meteors and enemies with it!

This mode also features much higher score multipliers – as long as you boost the multiplier keeps growing and growing! This is the most fast-paced and adrenaline inducing add-on to the game yet.

Look out for the Impact mode on the PlayStation Store this Spring and, if you’ve never tried Super Stardust HD before, there has never been a better time to join the action!
I believe Impact mode is from the PSP version of the game, which was a pretty cool change-of-pace mode.

This game is awesome in 3d, never seen this thread before but sony gave me a voucher for the game for free when I bought my 3dtv.

I hate to make a thread for this, but what happened to the thread that existed for Super Stardust HD? I remember seeing one a while back, but searching for "stardust" or "housemarque" via the CAG search doesn't find it. So weird. Can someone link me to it?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I use Google since CAG search has become increasingly terrible lately.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for this tip. I thought it was just me.

http://www.housemarque.com/

To celebrate the 4-year Anniversary of Super Stardust HD, Housemarque is holding a competition to give away some prizes:
We here at Housemarque wish to thank all our Super Stardust HD fans around the world … and we have a little surprise for you! Hold on, because it's time for...

Super Stardust HD 4-year Anniversary Competition!

This competition is from the gamers for the gamers. It's time to find out who the top Stardust pilots are! The rules are simple:

Play the Coventina planet in Super Stardust HD
Top-5 players on July's PSN high score list (for Coventina) win the Grand Prize!
5 randomly chosen players in Top-2000 on July's PSN high score list for the Coventina level win a unique Super Stardust hoodie!

So, if you make it to the July Top-2000 high score list, you automatically take part in this competition! It's that easy!

Prizes

Details

Top 5 ranking players win the Grand Prize
(all three items):

3-D crystal of the Super Stardust HD player ship
Unique Super Stardust HD poster with creator Harri Tikkanen’s autograph! (Only 10 exist in the whole world)
Cool Super Stardust HD hoodie!

5 randomly chosen Top-2000 lucky ones also win the Super Stardust HD hoodie!

Competition Schedule

Competition starts on July 1st 2011
Competition ends Friday July 29 2011, 2:00PM GMT
Winners are announced on Monday, August 1st 2011

When the clock hits 2:00 PM GMT on Friday, July 29th 2011, the Top-5 on July's PSN highscore list for SSHD Coventina level will be the winners! These winners will be contacted for their personal details by [Housemarque] via PSN message the following week.

The prizes will be shipped to the winners during the month of August.

Eligibility

Only one prize per person: players with multiple PSN accounts on the high score list are eligible for only a single prize.

Housemarque and Sony Computer Entertainment employees and their relatives are not eligible for this competition.

P.S.

Also keep your eyes open for Super Stardust HD Bomber DLC competition, coming up in August!

NOTE: The Top-5 July winners are unfortunately not eligible for the Grand Prizes of the August competition.

Downloaded this game as part of the welcome back/free games and have had a lot of fun with it so far. It's kind of addicting and the music/graphics are very pleasing. Highest score is only 59m so far. Hoping to hit over 100m eventually.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I hate how I can never get that boost through 11 tokens trophy.[/QUOTE]
That took me a while too. Just keep trying. Ps3trophies.org has a video of how to do it if you dont know the best way. And it is 15 tokens if that is what you are referring to.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/super-stardust-hd/274-trophy-guide.html

I loved this game after getting it for free from Welcome Back, but I never looked at my score too much, however I know not to bother as I am sure I can be no where near the best in the world.

Cool idea for a competition though.

[quote name='wrencrest']That took me a while too. Just keep trying. Ps3trophies.org has a video of how to do it if you dont know the best way. And it is 15 tokens if that is what you are referring to.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/super-stardust-hd/274-trophy-guide.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to and I don't want to use a guide! :cool:

[quote name='8bitArtist']thats nothing. fuck the late boomer trophy[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the "Well Prepared" one be a much harder trophy than that one? i.e. 20 bombs instead of 15?

bread's done
Back