Super Stardust HD - Gen Discussion & Info

wow the bomber mode trophy (gather 15 bombs) and 10x multipliers are making me start to hate this game lol.

Tried a number of times today for the bomber trophy but I still can't get close. 10x I'm always dying around 8-9x. Also, the Endless destroy 10 nukes trophy is pretty frustrating too. Later on there are these triangle things that just swarm everywhere and you'd have to be constantly bombing and boosting just to get away... Unless I'm supposed to be using a specific weapon that can wipe out an entire line of them at once I dunno. When I'm surrounded I go for the flame circle defense which usually works, but for the triangles there are just too many and I get swarmed over... I should try next time to jam myself into an enclosed space and just shoot out one opening. They don't find their way in right?

I have to say, i'm really enjoying this game. For some reason it is just too addictive. I dont even have v4.00 and I'm trying to get some trophies...lol. I had to turn it off though.

I hope they put 4.00 up soon.

This game is ridiculously addictive, but I am not so good at it. I cant even get past the first planet. My highest score is around 2.5 mil. I have mostly been trying to power up the rock crusher weapon, but have have lasted the longest when I tried to power up and use the gold melter one. Maybe I don't use the bombs enough, I always die with like 3-4 left at least.

My high score is 50 million from a couple months back =)

Use your speed boosts as much as you can to collect points and get out of trouble. I like to start on the first planet collecting only Gold Meter, move up to Ice Splitter, than collect Rock Crusher.

I finally got the 10X multiplier and it was a b!tch to get. I'm still trying to get 15 bombs in Bomber and also trying to destroy the Nukes which is friggin driving me insane. Getting your weapons at 200% with a Dual Shock 3 feels so damn satisfying, I want a mode where you have 200% on your weapons for the full game without needing to get the power ups. 13 trophies for me so far.

That 15 bombs trophy is so frustrating it ought to be a gold. I spent about an hour trying to get it the other night with no luck. I actually got a shield a couple times and thought I was set, but both times I lost it almost immediately afterward. :bomb:

Also does it seem like they drastically reduced the number of weapon pickups? Not sure if it was with this patch or the previous one, but it takes me almost an extra planet now to max everything out. Also there used to be a lot of spots where I'd have 200% almost constantly, and now that doesn't seem to happen as much in arcade mode.

Is this game as addictive as PixelJunk Monsters? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying the game, but addictiveness (is that even a word?) is a major factor for me. :bouncy:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Is this game as addictive as PixelJunk Monsters? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying the game, but addictiveness (is that even a word?) is a major factor for me. :bouncy:[/quote]

Get it, freaky! I love PJM, but SSHD blows it away. It was my favorite PS3 game for a long time, and it's still probably the best PSN game. Also, I think there's a demo now so you can just try it out.

[quote name='metaly']Get it, freaky! I love PJM, but SSHD blows it away. It was my favorite PS3 game for a long time, and it's still probably the best PSN game. Also, I think there's a demo now so you can just try it out.[/quote]
Yeah, I downloaded the demo some time ago, and while I do like it, I wonder if it only gets better... I think that might be the reason why I've yet to buy it.

So, does this game get better? ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Yeah, I downloaded the demo some time ago, and while I do like it, I wonder if it only gets better... I think that might be the reason why I've yet to buy it.

So, does this game get better? ;)[/quote]

What's included in the demo? If it's just the first planet or something, you're missing out because it's so satisfying to rip apart gold and ice asteroids later on.

Geeet iiit...

Woooo! :applause:

The solo add-on adds a bunch of variety modes like time attack, survival, endless, and bomber (with the infamous Late Boomer trophy). You definitely don't have to get it right away, since the main game should keep you occupied for some time.

Yeah, I'm thinking of just sticking to the core game for the time being. I'll most likely pick up the add-on later down the road.
Plus, I want mah trofees nao! o_O

I think I'll go download it now... Thanks metaly, info from a fellow gamer was very helpful. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Super Stardust HD the other day and it is pretty awesome. I really like the trophies. I haven't bought the expansion yet, but probably will at some point.

Finally got the shield blaster trophy and its actually much easier than everyone thinks, as it is cumulative, so if you lose the shield its ok, just grab another one and keep trying to collect them. Only took me 2 planets to get.

Also was able to grab the 15 Token one, you just have to hit a bonus cluster just right and maybe get lucky and even hit an extra one. So now i am up to 12 of these babies and gonna work on the x10 and the 7 minute endless ones next.

[quote name='crumahara']I just got Super Stardust HD the other day and it is pretty awesome. I really like the trophies. I haven't bought the expansion yet, but probably will at some point.[/quote]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Stardust HD game itself doesn't have trophies, the expansion pack does...

[quote name='Serpentor']Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Stardust HD game itself doesn't have trophies, the expansion pack does...[/quote]

Sounds like i'm wrong... there's a patch for SSHD trophies, so if you already have the game, you can apply the patch and get the trophies, sweet...

I keep coming so close to the x10 multiplier, I've gotten to 9 with a shield multiple times and made stupid mistakes.

This game is hard! But addictive as hell... My top score so far is about 2,000,000, and I think buddah has like 100,000,000+... I've got a looong way to go! :D

39 million, only a 9 mil improvement -_-

trophy-wise, I needa beat the 5th planet (I always start with the first one btw), get 10x, and get five shield tokens...

the Shield one sounds too hard >_

I feel hella dirty...

I asked on gamefaqs if there's any tricks to get the shield trophy... and the guy replied to play the game on easy.

I thought it was dumb but I tried it anyway... I ended up beating the whole game without dying and now I have completed all trophies for the game (I dont have the add-on yet tho so I'm actually still missing some)

I wasnt even playing real well either... I was defense style so I didnt even break 100 mil score (almost did tho...)...

it seriously feels like cheating...

i l;ove this game the problem ive got is that im not unlocking any trophies.

Ive got 2.4 firmware, but when i complete a planet on easy or normal nothing is happening :(

anyone else had this problem??

[quote name='BigMarcTCB']i l;ove this game the problem ive got is that im not unlocking any trophies.

Ive got 2.4 firmware, but when i complete a planet on easy or normal nothing is happening :(

anyone else had this problem??[/quote]

I have the same problem, I completed a couple planets on normal yesterday in arcade mode and no trophies for me either.

I guess they haven't put Patch 4.00 back up yet. That's why you aren't getting any trophies.

I beat Arcade Mode last week on easy (Score of 82 million). I'm trying for the 15 icons trophy but man that's hard.

[quote name='KingBroly']I guess they haven't put Patch 4.00 back up yet. That's why you aren't getting any trophies.

I beat Arcade Mode last week on easy (Score of 82 million). I'm trying for the 15 icons trophy but man that's hard.[/quote]

I think this is right. I have 2.4 as well, and I tried to update SSHD right after I installed the 2.4 update, and it would reset my PS3 every time I tried, hopefully when 2.41 is up, SSHD will have 4.00 up

I got a couple of trophies playing SSHD last night. This morning I checked my PS profile and I see I'm at level 1 with 0 trophies - kind of frustrating.

they should be there if while you were playing and you got a trophy, a message indicated so in the upper right corner.

I finally got the shield token trophy and the 15 point tokens one. Still need to get 15 bombs in bomber mode trophy and destroy 10 nukes in endless trophy.

Oh and the multiplayer one. I tried doing that one solo but that's a bit impossible for me lol. I thought I just had to do 3 minutes in any multiplayer mode on any planet. Then I read it and it just happens to be split screen and on the last planet...

[quote name='John']I got a couple of trophies playing SSHD last night. This morning I checked my PS profile and I see I'm at level 1 with 0 trophies - kind of frustrating.[/quote]
Try checking the trophies section under the game tab of the XMB when you're online and see if that syncs with the server, which should then show up on the gamercard. I've also figured out that comparing trophies with someone on the friendslist also does the same thing..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Try checking the trophies section under the game tab of the XMB when you're online and see if that syncs with the server, which should then show up on the gamercard. I've also figured out that comparing trophies with someone on the friendslist also does the same thing..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed the same thing - the trophies won't show up until it goes through that syncing process.

[quote name='imascrub']they should be there if while you were playing and you got a trophy, a message indicated so in the upper right corner.

I finally got the shield token trophy and the 15 point tokens one. Still need to get 15 bombs in bomber mode trophy and destroy 10 nukes in endless trophy.

Oh and the multiplayer one. I tried doing that one solo but that's a bit impossible for me lol. I thought I just had to do 3 minutes in any multiplayer mode on any planet. Then I read it and it just happens to be split screen and on the last planet...[/quote]
The co-op trophy requiring the add-on is unbelievably retarded! I have no use for the add-on but if I end up only having that trophy left I will be tempted to purchase it.

Oh, and the bomber trophy officially sucks ass! :bomb:

I was feeling something this morning and it made me buy the expansion pack...

so now I got all the trophies I can get again, only need one which I heard requires a new expansion pack -_-

it's dumb too coz I got that 10 nukes trophy, but my score for that round was like 5 mil lower than I got in a previous round >_>...

and the trick to bomber is to let the bombs kill the first 2 ships! that puts you at 14 bombs, then jus survive until the next thing comes and pick up your last bomb.

still... easier to say lol

[quote name='jdioutkast']any tips on getting token hoarder? I just cant seem to get it[/quote]

i got it by boosting into a bonus rock with some stray tokens floating around it. Try on planet 2 since the bonus rock drops really fast.

That bomber mode freakin infuriates me haha. I follow the first ship so close that I guess I have nowhere to run when the enemies come by. Got to 14 bombs for the third time...then I start twitching lol. I gotta try Jekki's tip.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Try checking the trophies section under the game tab of the XMB when you're online and see if that syncs with the server, which should then show up on the gamercard. I've also figured out that comparing trophies with someone on the friendslist also does the same thing..[/quote]
That did the trick, thanks.

wow I just tried for 2 or so hours trying to get the bomber thing goin using Jekki's tip. That is spinal tap shittin hard.

Oh yea I still haven't gotten it. lol
I can't get the bombs to blow up the ship most of the time. They just go right through it.

bread's done
Back