Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (Now w/ Friends List & Game Nights!)

I was really hoping it'd be 800 points. At 1200 points, I'll go play SFII Turbo on my SNES while I think about it a little longer. I almost feel like Capcom themselves threw that 1600-pt rumor out there as a door-in-the-face so that we'd all accept the 1200-pt price.

eh, the regular sf2 on the 360 is ten bucks. A new, amazing looking, coat of paint and apparently quite a few game modes for an extra 5? Sounds great to me.

[quote name='dallow']See you guys online.
:cracks fingers:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I hope to see all of you guys online, especially dallow. :evil:

Sincerely,
CAG Super Smash Bros. Brawl Champion

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything better than this?! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...d-remix-cometh/comment-page-2/#comment-129721
I need this this so badly! (Although I wouldn't complain about a really nice joystick as well).

Although the people who are bitching about the lack of trophies in those posts are really annoying. Seriously people, nobody cares about your e-dick. I don't deny that they are sometimes fun to get, but to not get a quality game because it won't grow your e-dick is completely moronic in my opinion. (This is especially true for a fighting game where the only real importance is being able to kick some butt.)

I look forward to the CAG SSF2THDR Tournaments!

^^ i agree, u can have like 100% trophies and still get your ass kicked by someone with 0%... now that's something to cry about. :x

$15 is fine with me. I know how long they've been working on it, and Capcom's support for multi-platform, quality releases is and seems like it's going to be great.

Bring on the old school!

[quote name='evergoo']Yes, I hope to see all of you guys online, especially dallow. :evil:

Sincerely,
CAG Super Smash Bros. Brawl Champion[/quote]

I hope someone tears you a new one! :bomb:

[quote name='evergoo']Yes, I hope to see all of you guys online, especially dallow. :evil:

Sincerely,
CAG Super Smash Bros. Brawl Champion[/quote]
Yes, we'll finally have our match. :)

I'm still extremely excited about this game. Some people said they didn't like how it was redrawn, and looked in HD. I've been watching some videos of it, and I like the look of it. I have it on snes, and played it for years. A updated look, and online play for 14.99 seems like a steal.

[quote name='jman619']I'm still extremely excited about this game. Some people said they didn't like how it was redrawn, and looked in HD. I've been watching some videos of it, and I like the look of it. I have it on snes, and played it for years. A updated look, and online play for 14.99 seems like a steal.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them do the Alpha series like this as well. and make a sequel to the SF III version of the game.

Hehe I orginally thought this was going to be remix of SFII:CE (turbo/hyper). THAT I was looking towards to more. But this will do and I'm still going to get it.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'd love to see them do the Alpha series like this as well. and make a sequel to the SF III version of the game.[/quote]

That I wouldn't mind either...alpha or SF:III 3rd strike.

I never understood the big deal for trophies--especially for fighting games. I read tons of people who wouldn't play SC4 b/c it didn't have trophies. Guess I'm just old school...

[quote name='Miz-Zou']I never understood the big deal for trophies--especially for fighting games. I read tons of people who wouldn't play SC4 b/c it didn't have trophies. Guess I'm just old school...[/quote]

Because people like the feeling of accomplishment, and the natural feeling of showing it off. Sorta like how back in the late 80's and into the 90's arcades and pinball machines would keep record of the player with the highest score. Trophies and achievements points are just the modernized version.

OP updated. :D

I don't have a headset right now (waiting for the mailman) but would love to communicate via Skype (preferably) or AIM.

AIM: evergo03

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Because people like the feeling of accomplishment, and the natural feeling of showing it off. Sorta like how back in the late 80's and into the 90's arcades and pinball machines would keep record of the player with the highest score. Trophies and achievements points are just the modernized version.[/QUOTE]this is a fighting game, if you want to feel accomplished then shut someone down. In the 80s and 90s u showed off by being better than everyone, but if everyone has the same trophies then it's not much of a bragging right.

[quote name='JEKKI']this is a fighting game, if you want to feel accomplished then shut someone down. In the 80s and 90s u showed off by being better than everyone, but if everyone has the same trophies then it's not much of a bragging right.[/quote]

QTF!

Seriously, the game is supposed to have leaderboards. So if you want to show off to your friends, show them those. It would be a lot better than a bunch of trophies and a lot more meaningful.

[quote name='JEKKI']this is a fighting game, if you want to feel accomplished then shut someone down. In the 80s and 90s u showed off by being better than everyone, but if everyone has the same trophies then it's not much of a bragging right.[/quote]

If you feel that way you'd be surprised on many different ways that'll make people feel "accomplished". I don't see why some of you guys feel strongly against trophies. When it comes to games in general there are 3 different types of gamers AFAIK. First there are the hardcore players who are passionate about their games, 2nd the casual players, and 3rd the completionist who love to complete every single thing in the game. Plus it's nice to have something to show for after you managed to get a perfect in every round in super hard mode.

[quote name='happy']WOW. Now if my gamesharing group would respond by tomorrow so we can pick it up.[/quote]

Is this going to be shareable? I came in here just to ask that. Call me cheap, but I think $15 is too much considering SFIV will be out in less 3 months. I'd consider it at $7.50, and for sure at $5. Anything less than that and why am I still typing?

5 bucks? After all the work they've put into it? Im cheap as hell but I can still recognize when people have put hard work into something and deserve compensation.

15 bucks is a steal for this game.

Once you kids grow up, and get a job, and stop depending on your parents for allowance, you'll realize that.

I'm buying it for $15 and gamesharing it with my best friend. I told him if he even tries to give me money I will be upset.

[quote name='genfuyung']5 bucks? After all the work they've put into it? Im cheap as hell but I can still recognize when people have put hard work into something and deserve compensation.[/quote]

QFT :applause:

[quote name='js1']If the update comes at 6 PST, it would be 3pm EST correct?[/quote]
eastcoast is ahead, so it would be 9pm est. :x

[quote name='fatez']eastcoast is ahead, so it would be 9pm est. :x[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking when posted that.:dunce:

I just finished Arcade mode in SFII using Ryu. While I'm not as big into SFII compared to SFIII, the game is a lot of fun and definitely rocks. I LOVE the graphics of the game so much. :D The game is hard, no doubt.
[quote name='KingBroly']I'm going to say no because they never got around to giving BC:R trophy support.[/QUOTE]
They said the patch wasn't coming until after Bionic Commando on PS3 comes out (the retail one).

Online, you can have up to six players in a row. The menus are a tad laggy, like all Backbone's PSN games online.

bread's done
Back