Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='Morphx2']Hey ladies, my TE stick comes on Tuesday! Then I will be playing like crap for a few weeks since I never used a stick[/QUOTE]

:applause:

GG's go out to
bs000-very strong player who seems to know alot about the game
GuardianE9999-Very nice Ken with some nice FADC combos
TooLateForRoses-Came into the room late but the matches we had were fun
Espo83-Very nice Dudley man

Well hope to play with some of you guys again,later.

My Seth is getting good, just ask Guardian!!

I got 2 rage quits tonight, some hatemail from people, and I totally wrecked an Ibuki so bad that I just HAD to show Guardian the replay!

Too bad I go back to square one tomorrow with using a stick!

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']GG's go out to

Well hope to play with some of you guys again,later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the matches F1ngers. Lots of fun. My defense is really weak, but I'm working on it. I also kept choking on third rounds the entire night.

So I am returning the stick :p
My wrist hurts where it rests on the base of of while I play for a while
and I would have to sit 1 way, I like to sit all different positions when i play :p

[quote name='Morphx2']So I am returning the stick :p
and I would have to sit 1 way, I like to sit all different positions when i play :p[/QUOTE]

Quitter!

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']GG's go out to

Well hope to play with some of you guys again,later.[/QUOTE]
We'll have to play sometime, I remember we've had some great matches in HDR. Hit me up if you see me on

and I would have to sit 1 way, I like to sit all different positions when i play :p[/QUOTE]
Stop being a pussy ;).

It takes time to get good with the stick, it doesn't happen overnight and it certainly doesn't happen in a day. You've gotta practice a lot but it pays off in the long run.

----------
Oh and we're playing BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger tonight. Maaaaaybe SSF4 later. If any of you Super dudes wanna join in, you're more than welcome. I know we have me, Guardian, bs, Shinobi, and TooLate. One more spot since BB caps it off at 6.

theres a reason 99% of tournament players use a stick. if your wrist hurts, you shouldn't be tensing up and resting your wrist on the stick anyway

try some padded gloves. it may help

99% of the tournament players don't use a pad because they always used a stick :p

1) I will never be in a tournament
2) It is not that I am not good with a stick (dont care about that), i just wanna be comfortable when I play :) I like to sit all different ways and rather have something light in my grasp
3) Just because I use a pad doesnt mean I cant kick your ass :p

Hey CAGers, you guys interested in a TAG vs CAG battle?? Talking about games (podcast and the website) has Friday Night Fights and I mentioned a CAG vs TAG event sometime in the future.

Whatcha guys think?

[quote name='bs000']Gah! 1440 points for full costume pack D:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/03/price-full-ssf4-costume-pack-more-color-guides/[/QUOTE]
I didn't expect it to be that much but compared to almost $28 to buy each pack as they come out, I guess it's not that bad. I'm just going to wait for a point card sale personally.

Oh and to anyone looking to pimp out their fightstick, check out all the new bezels/accessories MadCatz offers on their site now!

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=328

tbh i thought the full pack was going to be 20$ (1600) points because the vanilla 25 costumes were 12.50 (1000points).

sadly im probably gonna buy them for 18$ :/ bah

EDIT - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=2111

1600 points for 16.54. Getting them for the costumes. just incase others were looking for a slight sale on the m$ points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
i hate how all his combos basically have to start with a HP. great combos once you land that. Im a big fan of his new ultra and his corner combos

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i hate how all his combos basically have to start with a HP. great combos once you land that. Im a big fan of his new ultra and his corner combos[/QUOTE]
Exactly. He's a lot of fun to play, his new Ultra is pretty awesome, but he really doesn't have any reliable hit-confirmable combos.

Messing with people with his counter-attack makes me lol though.

changing your block has liek a 50 frame startup online. If you walk forward your opponent can punish with anything. Even Dhalsim's jab fireball from fullscreen is going to hit you cause you won't be able to change your block in time >_>. Walking=unsafe! I'm just going to turtle from now on.

[quote name='bs000']changing your block has liek a 50 frame startup online. If you walk forward your opponent can punish with anything. Even Dhalsim's jab fireball from fullscreen is going to hit you cause you won't be able to change your block in time >_>. Walking=unsafe! I'm just going to turtle from now on.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. It's really frustrating. Especially when I play T. Hawk. :cry:

OMG my brother just did the best taunt i've ever seen in my life

Bison vs. Ryu. He spanks him down to 50% when he's at 100%. He taunts ryu -> focus -> to 7 hit combo

[quote name='naiku']http://evo2k.com/live

30minutes until super is on the stream until...midnight.

get ure box of pringles. shit is about to get real.[/QUOTE]

Is there anywhere else to watch this? That stream keeps freezing on the video for me :bomb:

Edit: Well I used the one a few posts above and its a little better; I wish you could turn off that chat bs on the side.

^
sadly its been lagging for everyone...all the streams are connected to the stickam one. g4tv.com, evo2k.com....

I guess last year 10k people watched sf4 and 20k watched the finals...if 10k are tuning in for TvC :/

They keep lowering the bit rate to try to make the stream as smooth as possible but its looks like its still a work in progress. irc has some decent info on what they are trying to do but yeah...still crap atm.

edit- slideshow fighter 4 = :(

I like how everyone is bitching on twitter and spamming the chat, like that's going to help at all >_>

I can't even get the page to load now.

Level up did a lot of work and the stream is WAY better now w/ 13-14k viewers.

chris hu (ryu/cody) put inthul (padlong) into losers.
Neo (juri) put Wolfkrone (padviper) into losers.

saw a lot of people today can't remember any real big upsets. #srk IRC is talking about Sanford Kelly & Flash Metroid both in losers, not sure if its true or by who but this pool play is pretty awesome.

So far the stream on G4 seems to be the best (http://g4tv.com/evo). It's weird because every site is using the same stream but this one is the smoothest.

Oh and the guy throwing his stick after losing to Juicebox = lol.

[quote name='MtlTom']So far the stream on G4 seems to be the best (http://g4tv.com/evo). It's weird because every site is using the same stream but this one is the smoothest.

Oh and the guy throwing his stick after losing to Juicebox = lol.[/QUOTE]

Is that on YouTube yet? I saw people talking about it but I missed it :(

[quote name='GUNNM']Do you know if anybody uploads the full streams on youtube like frameadvantage does?[/QUOTE]

They'll probably upload the matches to levelupseries' YouTube channel. Top 16 at the very least.

http://www.youtube.com/user/levelupseries

Today @3pm PST top 32 goes to 8..
I personally hope Ari does well since he is from chicago and whooped me plenty in soul caliber 2. also rooting for Vance/padgief, Sanford & Iloveu joe.

Winners bracket:
• Daigo Umehara (Ryu) vs. Lamerboi (Guile)
• Shizza (Chun-Li) vs. Alex Valle (Ryu)
• J.R. Rodriguez (Akuma) vs. Mike Ross (E. Honda)
• Dr. Chaos (Ken) vs. Soon Young Yim
• Justin Wong vs. Arubi "RB" Kao
• Vance "Vangief" Wu (Zangief) vs. Banana Ken
• Henry Cen vs. Rico Suave (Abel)
• Ricky Ortiz (Rufus) vs. Ari "fLoE" Weintraub (Chun-Li, Rufus, Sagat)

Losers bracket:
• John Choi (Ryu) vs. Sanford Kelly (Sagat, Cammy)
• Big Marcus vs. Infiltration (Akuma, Juri)
• Tokido (Akuma) vs. Hugo101 (M. Bison)
• Juicebox Abel (Abel) vs. Wolfkrone (C. Viper)
• Arturo "Sabin" Sanchez (Rose, Dhalsim) vs. WarahK (Guile)
• Eita (Akuma) vs. GamerBee
• L.I. Joe vs. FYC Ryder (Abel)
• Tatsu (Vega) vs. Online Tony (Seth)

bread's done
Back